Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 377863 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #840 on: April 25, 2017, 02:37:23 pm »

I just found this and thought it quite funny and pertinent. Although our armor seems to be doing much more than we originally thought.

This could have been us a few turns ago. And that first box on the second row, perfect representation of Moskerblurgers.

Once again, we're past the whole armor thing, but I couldn't resist posting this here.

For our second revision we could add a Steam Condenser to our engines so that we can use freshwater instead of salt, which will solve a lot of our issues.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 25, 2017, 02:44:33 pm »

Roboson is right - Moskurg will eventually find some way to defeat your armor.

You guys should beat them to the punch and do a revision for Armor Bikinis.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 25, 2017, 02:45:34 pm »

AAAAAH
Steam engines are far enough understood that assuming non-awful rolls, another design or revision could possibly make them reasonable to use. So we don't need to spend so much time at once working on it.

But we're much closer to capturing the jungle. If we don't press our advantage now with the Jungle they may just outpace us and ruin the advantage we've spent a ton of time acquiring. The steam engine can wait until after the jungle. Chances are they're also focusing on stopping their losing streak so I doubt they'll do anything in the sea. And even if they do suddenly gain an advantage at sea, we have time then to work on the steam engine. But if we don't work on stuff relevant to the jungle our opportunity will dispappear.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 25, 2017, 03:22:39 pm »

I believe they are going to try to improve their bodkins, so probably we should counteract them.

I am very happy about our engine, next turn we will probably be able to get a working steam ship. However,
Order: do not deploy the steam engine this turn.
I don't believe our captains need to be told to leave the engines at home, but I want to stress it, for a matter of secrecy.

I also propose this:
Metal caltrops: they thought they were save, lets see them charge horse first on cold hard metal ( this also keeps their horse archers farther)

Bigger STREAMLINED Fireball: (2) Andres, Roboson
Angled Plate Armour: (0)
Gambeson: (3) 10ebbor10, Azzuro, Andrea

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 25, 2017, 03:54:59 pm »

Yeah I'm going to +1 that order. No need to deploy the engines before they work properly.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 25, 2017, 04:12:50 pm »

Summon water:
Revise summon fog to produce a concentrated fog, A.K.A. water... This can be used for reliably clean water to drink, treat injuries, clean clothes and equipment, make impromptu ice-pools for skating... All without needing to trek across a dangerous warzone to raid a nearby stream nor even set your camp near an oasis while in the middle of a desert...
Oh, what's this? It may have some use with regard to steam? Well I never...

Quote from: revisions
0 Academy: Mathemagical college.
0 Champions(Myark): Card Games.
0 Frost Tower:  Cheaper Frost Tower.
3 Streamlined Fireball: Make Streamlined Fireball bigger. Andres, Roboson, RAM
Steam Engine: Improved Steam engine
3 Hide Armour: Gambeson. 10ebbor10, Azzuro, Andrea
0 Caltrops: metal caltrops
0 Summon fog: Summon Water.

Quote from: orders
0 channelled fog come in contact with their antimagic
0 crystal within range of our antimagic come into contact with their antimagic. Just put some caltrops in a thane's pockets or something...
0 Abduct one of our own wizards who has had their spells disrupted and bring them here for dissection debriefing.
2 do not deploy the steam engine this turn. Roboson, RAM
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:31:59 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 25, 2017, 04:15:51 pm »

I'm wondering, just a tad, it it wouldn't have been better if we just invented a move-boat spell rather than doing steam.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 25, 2017, 04:24:14 pm »

Ehh, probably not, telekinesis is notoriously energy intensive and thus poor at travel spells. Granting life to the wooden boats to allow them to swim on little wooden flippers or summoning a wave upon which to ride or something like that would probably be more viable.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 25, 2017, 04:26:41 pm »

Ehh, probably not, telekinesis is notoriously energy intensive and thus poor at travel spells. Granting life to the wooden boats to allow them to swim on little wooden flippers or summoning a wave upon which to ride or something like that would probably be more viable.
Someone did bring up water pulses, which is assisted ships via water jet action to move faster. I saybuse both. Steam engine= iron clad someday

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 25, 2017, 04:30:39 pm »

Why are we condensing fog instead of just summoning water?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 25, 2017, 04:32:52 pm »

Why are we condensing fog instead of just summoning water?
Because I just finished editing my previous voting post to add summoning water to it as an option. Ninja...
Read the First Post!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:54 pm »

Steam power has more use than water pulse. If we can get it viable to the point where we can outrun their ships, we can also use it to make primitive tanks.

Honestly, we could make engines that run on a modified fire spell alone. It would work by having streamlined fireball activating rapidly inside a small chamber with several pistons attached. The controlled explosion would push the pistons outwards, which could be transferred into torque like a normal engine. Basically its an internal combustion engine instead of a steam powered engine.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 25, 2017, 05:33:38 pm »

Due to tech and time limit steam is good start. Internal combustion would be awesome and yeah I had idea for war Walkers acwhile back. Another reason onnpro steam, tanks like in war hammer.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 25, 2017, 05:49:13 pm »

Of course, their antimagic seems to be area-based, and the steam is magic-powered, so...
We really need to do something about their antimagic.
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 25, 2017, 06:00:56 pm »

Of course, their antimagic seems to be area-based, and the steam is magic-powered, so...
We really need to do something about their antimagic.
Other than the creation of anti-anti-magic, we're going to have to start murdering their mages in their sleep or or spend a revision making it so you can hand fuel the engines.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 301