Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 376973 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #1380 on: April 29, 2017, 05:47:07 pm »

Remember that we're getting our forces back. They're only going to be absent for this phase.

if they live.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 29, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »

I say send some tundra Calvary with lances in tow. Will be dealing with native troubles. Not Moskugi cowards.

Ignore as jungle is more Calvary friendly.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 29, 2017, 05:47:58 pm »

Roboson, worst case scenario if we send our cavalry is that they attack and gain one section of the Tundra.
If that happens, we can easily push them out the next phase with the cavalry back in our hands and the homefield advantage. And they are incredibly unlikely going to be suddenly attacking the Tundra for no apparent reason to them this combat phase.

Remember that we're getting our forces back. They're only going to be absent for this phase.

We use our calvary in the jungle, to my knowledge, its not just sitting in the tundra. If we have calvary sitting in the tundra (which we shouldn't because that would be a waste), then we can send them. But I don't want to take calvary away from the front line.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 29, 2017, 05:49:08 pm »

We need those extra apprentices. Can't just s3nt them all over, that would be massive overkill.

Roboson, worst case scenario if we send our cavalry is that they attack and gain one section of the Tundra.
If that happens, we can easily push them out the next phase with the cavalry back in our hands and the homefield advantage. And they are incredibly unlikely going to be suddenly attacking the Tundra for no apparent reason to them this combat phase.

Cavalry is still used in the Jungle, just less so. I wouldn't send all.

We use our calvary in the jungle, to my knowledge, its not just sitting in the tundra. If we have calvary sitting in the tundra (which we shouldn't because that would be a waste), then we can send them. But I don't want to take calvary away from the front line.

We have a garisson on the Tundra because it borders the enemy.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 29, 2017, 05:51:28 pm »

Even >if< they die, then we have to wait a bit longer. I still doubt we're going to be needing them even in two phases.
If Moskurg gains ground in the jungle this phase and the next, we're still fighting in the jungle.
If we gain ground in this phase, we still fight in the jungle next phase.

And again, if Moskurg decides that they want to suddenly attack the Tundra for 100% regular reasons, we still have a homefield advantage and it won't take forever to get the horses back - far shorter than it'd take for them to completely conquer the Tundra even with our homefield advantage and assuming our horses make a huge difference.

@Ebbor: Well, yeah. We're not sending all of our extra apprentices over. Like I said, the smallest amount possible to maintain the crystals and man the token amount of cannons if sent. And same for cavalry - just most of it.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 29, 2017, 05:55:26 pm »

I'm fine with overkill, I want to make sure we definately get this credit. And we've survived with our current number of mages, whats one more turn?

Honestly, we have a metric shit ton of apprentices now and they have the ability to antimagic sections of our forces. We don't really need a billion extra apprentices on the front lines. Its likely the enemy won't be sending many mages at all, and so if we send a ton, they'll definitely go with us.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 29, 2017, 05:57:05 pm »

our apprentices cast fireballs, which currently can't be dispelled when cast from range.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 29, 2017, 05:57:53 pm »

wait a second

Yeah, their anti-magic is midrange now.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 29, 2017, 05:58:22 pm »

I definitely think longer-ranged fireballs is still something we should do when possible.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 29, 2017, 06:03:34 pm »

Ok ok ok. So how about a compromise?

List of everything we're sending:
50% of new mages.
50% of tundra guard (including Calvary)
1 cannon
Enough crystal weapons to equip our soldiers and the natives

EDIT: Thats still a 50% increase in mages for the war this turn, which will increase again next turn (in relation to our previous turns). And it still leaves us a force to defend the homeland. Plus the increased number of crystal weapons will go towards the soldier's of our allies, which likely don't have as good weapons.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:07:01 pm by Roboson »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 29, 2017, 06:06:03 pm »

I'd prefer:

20% of new mages.
40% of Tundra guard including cavalry
50% of our current cavalry
~5 cannons (reminder that they're just expensive; not very expensive)
Enough crystal weapons to equip our soldiers and the natives

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 29, 2017, 06:07:56 pm »

50% of our current cavalry

You want to take half our cavalry from the front lines?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 29, 2017, 06:09:11 pm »

When it's for a revision credit and the cavalry is barely contributing anyways, yes.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 29, 2017, 06:13:39 pm »

Counter offer:

30% of new mages
40% of tundra guard
60% of all cavalry not assigned to the jungle
3 cannons
Enough crystal weapons to equip our soldiers and their whole country.

Is this acceptable?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:38:20 pm by Roboson »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 29, 2017, 07:18:07 pm »

I am sort of tempted to send all our cannons and call this turn a loss. Come out with a boat that uses them next turn and we can afford to lose most of the jungle if we can take the sea. My worry is that the jungle will die, so I vote for turning the frost tower down enough that it won't kill the jungle this turn.

Order: Jungle conservation.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 301