Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 377033 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #1785 on: May 01, 2017, 10:29:10 pm »

I've fielded three of four anti-lucky shot designs and revisions, no one really seems interest in pursuing them. So I'm just throwing out ideas when they come to me.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 01, 2017, 10:31:34 pm »

The two main proposals from when we last discussed this:

Roboson's "Send everything including Roboson" proposal. His proposal also includes the "Give him everything" proposal, below. (And Evicted said that yes, this is allowed.)
I'd like to personally offer to lead a diplomatic mission to the trader's nation. I, Roboson the R&D wizard along with a few apprentices, will go to his land to show his people the ways of our magic. I do so to apologize for that bit of Arstozkan humor (foreigners just don't get our jokes), to start a sister mage academy this far away land, and to set up a trade agreement with his nation. This of course will be highly lucrative for him as he'd be the main recipient of the profits from selling magical devices and whatever else we trade to him.

Of course that means I'd have to sit out on the game for a bit, but I'm fine with that. A sidequest sounds quite interesting if its allowed.

The "Give him everything" proposal. Also included in Roboson's above proposal.
If we're showering the Trader with gifts, I think we should go the entire way.

Offer the Trader:
- An education in the AAAA, if he has even the slightest bit of magical talent
- A Dogwood wand and tree
- An Artotzkan apprentince/diplomatic delegation
- Crystal weapons created on demand
- A magical icecube creator, akso known as the barrel of a Mk2
- A magucal Sauna, also known as tge boiler of a Mark 2
- An Anti-magic charm, to protect him from evil magic

All that for the expense credit in his holds.

Trader Actions
0 - Give him Dogwood Wands+Tree:
0 - Give him more Crystal Weapons+Apprentice:
0 - Give him Everything:
4 - Send Everything including Roboson: Roboson, Azzuro, 10ebbor10, Chiefwaffles
1 - The viking way: RAM
@Roboson: Yeah, it's frustrating getting everyone to agree on one thing. I'm still extraordinarily confused why we did simple frost towers instead of cheaper cannons or the anti-magic shot which could have seriously helped.

EDOT: So unless anyone is spontaneously changing their vote, then we already have a consensus.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 01, 2017, 10:34:44 pm »

Please remember to deploy frost towers at sea! We can use them to freeze over our ports so that they can only be accessed from semi-disposable jetties.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:38:02 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 01, 2017, 10:37:36 pm »

Trader Actions
0 - Give him Everything:
5 - Send Everything including Roboson: Roboson, Azzuro, 10ebbor10, Chiefwaffles, Stabby
@Roboson: Yeah, it's frustrating getting everyone to agree on one thing. I'm still extraordinarily confused why we did simple frost towers instead of cheaper cannons or the anti-magic shot which could have seriously helped.

EDOT: So unless anyone is spontaneously changing their vote, then we already have a consensus.

I'll just further reinforce that vote, also the issue i've seen is everyone whats to create WunderWaffen like steamships 1000 years ahead of schedule instead of simple things like crystal canopies or cheaper artillery.

Also RAM I'll agree with you their but the issue is how many ties would we get? I mean we could test it next turn and see how it turns out, cause the current system does suck ass.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 01, 2017, 10:40:46 pm »

I'll admit that it does send to soften variation, but I feel that that is because it more accurately represents people's indecision. Forcing them to put all their eggs in one basket does lead to more extreme results, but you can still get ties that way, especially if people decide to play the system and force a tie to give their own idea more of a chance...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 01, 2017, 10:41:16 pm »

Well then let's submit the order, RAM.
Order: Deploy frost towers at sea.

Evicted, I'm assuming the above order won't get penalties and that with the new Very Expensive towers we can deploy them in multiple theaters without penalty?

Trader Actions
0 - Give him Everything:
5 - Send Everything including Roboson: Roboson, Azzuro, 10ebbor10, Chiefwaffles, Stabby

Orders
2 - Attack plains w/ primarily cavalry: Chiefwaffles, Roboson
2 - Attack Eastern Sea: RAM, Roboson
1 - Deploy frost towers at sea: Chiefwaffles
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 01, 2017, 10:48:07 pm »

Wait, don't give him the dogwood wands.

He can sell it to the enemy then they can reforest the swamp with it.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 01, 2017, 10:49:41 pm »

Well, he didn't sell our stuff last time.
And the dogwood wands are pretty much our #1 "simple magic" item. Also, we have lots of fire and more knowledge on the dogwood wands than them. If they get the wands, it won't be a problem.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 01, 2017, 10:53:52 pm »

Considering your towers were built for land-based combat, you would require an order rolled at disadvantage to deploy them in the naval theatre.  You are using equipment in a manner that is not its intended purpose.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 01, 2017, 11:04:51 pm »

Would deploying them along the coastline be rolled at a disadvantage? I know it won't be as useful as deploying at sea (which is definitely quite a difficult task now that I think of it), but ideally they'd provide some benefit without rolling at a disadvantage.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 01, 2017, 11:13:24 pm »

Would deploying them along the coastline be rolled at a disadvantage? I know it won't be as useful as deploying at sea (which is definitely quite a difficult task now that I think of it), but ideally they'd provide some benefit without rolling at a disadvantage.

Why not just do both  :P

Trader Actions
0 - Give him Everything:

Orders
1 - Deploy frost towers at sea: Chiefwaffles
1- Deploy Forever Frost along coast AND at sea: Roboson
[/quote]

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 01, 2017, 11:14:53 pm »

Primarily because rolling a 1 on orders actively hurts us

EDIT: Forgot to withdraw my vote for sea deployment:
Trader Actions
0 - Give him Everything:

Orders
0 - Deploy frost towers at sea:
1- Deploy Forever Frost along coast AND at sea: Roboson
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:20:08 pm by Chiefwaffles »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 01, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »

Primarily because rolling a 1 on orders actively hurts us

EDIT: Forgot to withdraw my vote for sea deployment:
Trader Actions
0 - Give him Everything:

Orders
1- Deploy Forever Frost along coast AND at sea if no penalty: Roboson

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 01, 2017, 11:50:27 pm »

GM, we still have the Mk 1 Frost Tower, right? So we can use both that super tower and the minor towers in conjunction with each other? If not, can we use the big one in the jungle and a few of the smaller ones in the mountains?

Order: Send everything and seize his goods if he keeps bitching.
Trader Actions
0 - Give him Everything:
1 - Send Everything including Roboson and contingency: Andres

Orders
1- Deploy Forever Frost along coast AND at sea if no penalty: Roboson
If we're going to have bad relations with him anyway, might as well get an Expense Credit out of it instead of having to pay a Revision phase.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 02, 2017, 12:05:40 am »

I kind of want to send Myark to the mountains to go pest-exterminating... Or to the plains to give us a big initial push.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 301