Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 31947 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: Vexing
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2017, 12:21:39 pm »

"Aw shit."

Attempt to use the console to lift the lockdown to open the door to the bridge, get everyone through, then close said blastdoor behind us again.

If this fails, just turn around and start shooting into the mass of vexiles coming for us.

[Aux: 1+1] You stare the console blankly for few seconds. "Fuck."

[Con: 4] Two shots into the incoming mass is enough to kill more than few vexiles. And their scavanger nature seems still make them priorize closest food source first, even if it is their own kind. It's messy cannibal party in down the hallway, one alien bug fighting another for scraps of their deceased brood mates. It holds them back just long enough to give you time to do... something.

heat the area up behind us to burn anything following us

[Uncon: 4] Targeting a cube that's width and length of the hallway and only ten centimeters and heating it up by one hundred degrees should to be enough to kill some. Trusting Filgres stays on your shoulders on his own you open the field manipulator, type in parameters and start solving the math it gives you. Not particularly hard math, mind you, but you are sweating a bit by time you hit execute.

Whole bunch of bugs drops dead when their core temperature rises more than a bit too high. Effect stays in place long enough to produce small barricade of dead bugs, which also works as an eat-all-you-can buffet for those who stay alive. Swarm of bugs feast on their own kind, ranging from size of your helmet to fist sized baby bugs.

You sigh in relief and try to bat away sweat from your eyes. This should buy you time to ... why the blast door isn't open yet?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2017, 12:35:14 pm »

Keep heating up the area. If the door opens back through it and try to cover the others
"Get the damn door open!"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:43:36 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2017, 02:25:57 pm »

"Hey!  Let's go!"

Shout words of advice and encouragement to anyone who needs it.  Punch bugs if they get close.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2017, 03:17:04 pm »

fucking shoot the vexile's! Bastien dosent particularly care if someone is in front of said Vexile's only they get blown apart open unless its that lady he probably would care a little. If it is said lady try and use the access panel to open the door instead. Or hell try to force it open.
"Just let me do this!"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:00:58 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2017, 03:19:27 pm »

"Jeezus stop shouting at me! The blastdoor is in emergency lockdown, I'll lift it in a second."

Grits looks at Bastien aiming at the door

"Dude, this is a blast door. I'm pretty sure all you'll manage to do is scuff the paint and kill one of use with a ricochet. Maybe shoot the vexiles instead? That's been working out well for us so far."

Attempt to open the blast door through the console again, then close it when everyone is n the other side.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2017, 02:16:15 pm »

Keep heating up the area. If the door opens back through it and try to cover the others

You start working with space magic.

"Hey!  Let's go!"

Shout words of advice and encouragement to anyone who needs it.  Punch bugs if they get close.

"YOU CAN DO IT!"

"EAT MORE AND GROW STRONGER!"

"USING UNDERHANDED TACTICS IS TOTALLY FINE!"

"LITTLE MORE AND YOU CAN EAT US!"

fucking shoot the vexile's! Bastien dosent particularly care if someone is in front of said Vexile's only they get blown apart open unless its that lady he probably would care a little. If it is said lady try and use the access panel to open the door instead. Or hell try to force it open.
"Just let me do this!"

[Con: 1-1]
[End: 2-1, 4-1]

You decide to play it cool and shoot with one hand from hip, only to find out the gauss rifle does have considerable recoil. First shot hits floor few meters ahead and tears the rifle out of your grip, taking your index finger with it. Thumb almost follows, but "only" ends up being pointing backwards, muscles and tendons torn shreds. By some freaking miracle when the rifle collides the blast door behind you it goes off again, probably because your finger is still in against trigger. Anyway, this slug goes straight through your right thigh leaving rest of the leg only hanging from few strands of skin and torn suit. Every artery in your leg is pumping blood out with maximum power.

You scream like never before, but can't decide which wound you should scream more about. They both really hurt.

> Is your plan to kill yourselves so vexiles can't claim single kill?

"Jeezus stop shouting at me! The blastdoor is in emergency lockdown, I'll lift it in a second."

Grits looks at Bastien aiming at the door

"Dude, this is a blast door. I'm pretty sure all you'll manage to do is scuff the paint and kill one of use with a ricochet. Maybe shoot the vexiles instead? That's been working out well for us so far."

Attempt to open the blast door through the console again, then close it when everyone is n the other side.

Bastien just keeps screaming about his leg and hand. Man that guy is so self centered...

[Aux: 5+1] Okay, emergency lockdown is first to go. You break into the system. disable all alarms, open all doors (except airlocks) and lock everything behind a new administrator password. The moment blast door opens you slip to other side, pull every team mate with you and use the console on this side to shut it.

Crew quarter actually looks a bit nicer if you ignore puddles of dried and licked blood, bone shards, shredded clothes and other damaged personal items decorating the hallway. Sign on wall gives pointers towards personel rooms, mess hall, entertainment center, kitchen, storage, bridge, life support and some other places. And if you ignore Bastien for a moment, you can almost hear someone screaming somewhere.

[Uncon: 3] Perhaps it is because Grits pulls you suddenly into cew section, but your solutions for problems manipulator gives you are riddled with errors. You can't really tell the outcome, but you think at best you give couple vexiles slightly better tan.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2017, 03:27:09 pm »

Use low power setting of las rifle, high difraction to quickly cautorize the dumb ass' leg. Follow the non team screams, use laser rifle for now to pick off any vexiles
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:31:03 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2017, 03:29:01 pm »

"Why do we keep hurting ourselves?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »

"Weapons unsafe. Refrigerator."
Follow the screaming. Just like... like... Ugh, I forgot.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2017, 04:19:57 pm »

"Got an ideal to help the bleeding man....though, worst case senario I won't be  making it much worse for him."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2017, 06:30:20 pm »

"Good idea, at least if he dies he'll get quiet. Ah, my head."
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2017, 06:32:13 pm »

"Yeeep, always a bright side."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2017, 08:38:44 pm »

"Alright, get over here dude..." says the one actual medic in the party, going to the man bleeding out.

Medic time! I have medifoam and anti-shock meds. Let's try not to use a ton of it this time.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2017, 01:12:55 pm »

Use low power setting of las rifle, high difraction to quickly cautorize the dumb ass' leg. Follow the non team screams, use laser rifle for now to pick off any vexiles

[Con: 1+1] You are not quite sure if that's safe. Laser rifle is a weapon used for killing, not for saving lives. And the medic seems to be up for business, so you shrug and follow screaming.

Sounds come from personal rooms section. You pass quite few open and empty rooms, some clean, some messy. Some rooms have personal stasis pods open, some are closed and in apparently use, but those are in major minority. Screams rapidly increase in intensity and urgency. And long before you reach the source they start conveying sense of pain. By the time you reach the room in question sounds have already quieted down.

What you find is a obvious crew member in process of being eaten alive by five vexiles. They have started with legs, but judging from blood flow the victim is still alive but unconscious. Middle-aged man in blue uniform. Hmm, seems like a time for heroics!

[Con: 5+1] You ungraciously dump Filgres down, take good grip of your rifle and sweep a beam over bugs and the man, single handedly cutting them all half as well as turning the man quadruple amputee. Feeling questioning gaze of your conscious companion you shrug and defend your decision: "What's the problem? He was already going to get new legs, so does it really matter if he gets new arms too? He will get full upgrade."

"Weapons unsafe. Refrigerator."
Follow the screaming. Just like... like... Ugh, I forgot.

You follow Vik and see what he sees. In addition you notice the room has small stockpile of food and drinks. It looks like there used to be at least two people camping, but now there's only one. Or half, thanks to Vik.

[End: 2] Vik drops you on floor without care. Right on your feets. You pass out.

"Alright, get over here dude..." says the one actual medic in the party, going to the man bleeding out.

Medic time! I have medifoam and anti-shock meds. Let's try not to use a ton of it this time.

[Med: 4+1] You swing your razor to cut last pieces of suit and skin that keep his leg in relatively one piece. That stump is otherwise getting on way of everything, no point to save it. In best case you can use it as a bait should alien bugs get too close in future. Now that out of the way you apply nice smooth layer of medifoam on the stump stopping bleeding altogether. Next you slip single pill into his suit's pill slot ensuring he won't go into shock due massive damage and blood loss. Then you squit a little bit of medifoam on his hand to ensure missing finger won't become a problem. And finally you take a look at this thumb that's in very wrong angle. There's very little you can do about it other than forcibly wringing it back into right position, but you probably shouldn't do that unless it looks like it will be a problem.

Oh wait, Citotp had some duct tape you really could use here, you even could use his switchblade as a splint, except he and all other injured people wandered off somewhere, leaving you alone with newest cripple and the only competent guy in the team. Or better yet, you could find infirmary on this ship and treat all these idiots properly. Although any medical capacity this ship has is bound to be not very great. After all, wounds should be very rare event on mechant vessels.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2017, 01:45:36 pm »

try to find a way to send a message over the ships inter coms, send this message:
"This is your hero speaking....weather on the ships a cool and clear 68 fahrenheight with little clouds...uhhhh may have some minor issues with the breach reactor core....uhhhh Could you all kindly take your seats and find a sealed room....in uhhhh around twenty minutes we willl be performing a full flush of the ship via the air locks to remove the unwanted passengers. This was your hero speaking, over."
If I can't find a way to access the ships intercoms then just pick up the poor lad I dropped on the floor and loot the newly made amputee of his belonggings since he won't need them.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16