Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt  (Read 32118 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: ED Mission 1: No legs left unhurt
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2017, 04:10:23 pm »

((Who fucking knows.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2017, 04:16:59 pm »

((A few of us probably have holes in our suits though - specifically those who've been wounded))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »

((Well if your askung bastien its because he's inferior then us and to bring up his own self confidence. Nothing to worry about. Though his advice is probably not the best.  You should take his advice to heart.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2017, 05:43:48 am »

((A few of us probably have holes in our suits though - specifically those who've been wounded))

Exactly.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2017, 02:34:55 pm »

"Anyone able to fly stick? ...or find some emergency oxygen gear."

Search for some emergency gear and perhaps something for zero G maitanence

[There are things, but nothing for you: 6] On back of the bridge, on both sides of the elevator door, is couple of locked cabinets. Each has a name printed on and one of them opens when you bring near the small disk you looted from the guy you saved. Inside you find a spacesuit. Unlike boring gray Mk I's you are wearing, this one is white with some decorations, and the same name as on the cabinet door is printed on chest. Only problem is that it is tightly strapped in the cabinet and no matter how hard you pry it's not coming off.

Observe the room.  Offer helpful commentary.

"On left we can see Grits venting atmosphere and some screens showing UWM shuttles approaching cargo hangars. On right is more consoles and screens and I have no idea what they are for. On front is large screens displaying what is probably the ship's current trajectory in this star system and notes about ships nearby. Or not, fuck if I know. Behind me you will find representative of HMRC looting civilian equipment and miserably failing. This is Filgres reporting, thank you for listening. And now back to studio."

((Wait wait wait, aren't we wearing our Mk.I's? Aren't those designed to work in the vacuum of space?))

"Hello mister crewmember. Do not panic, we have eliminated the vexile problem. We've also eliminated athmosphere in the ship. Don't panic. "

Talk to the crewmember regaining consciousness. Also check the control panels for camera's/logs/other monitoring devices to see if I can't find the vexile source there.

((Bastien's suit is missing leg and finger. Filgres' vacuum proofing is questionable, some internal layers have melted. Vik has hole in his thigh, but is covered by thick layer of medifoam which may or may not keep air inside. And this guy you are talking to doesn't have suit.))

He stares you for few long seconds before grunting single word: "Good." Then after few more seconds he continues. "How many of us survived?"

[Aux: 6+1] You bring up about thousands hours worth of surveillance camera records. Combing through all that is going to be a real pain in the ass. In addition you find a cargo manifest, a long ass list about every container in the ship; where they are from, who's sender or whom they were purchased, where they are going to, what they contain, where they are exactly on the ship and so on. Exhaustive list of everything.

[Int: 3] You figure it would be best to check few frames from every day until you find some kind of day of importance. What you find out is that first death happened a day after crew got out of stasis. In cargo hold 2B.

Regret. Feel deep sorrow filled regret that I'm trapped with a bunch of idiots and a semi competent medic. Think on how the hell I'm gonna get outta here alive. Contemplate my life choices.
((All else fails. We can probably just have the people with fucked up suits die and their corpses be dragged back to be brought back. I think we will be able to get back with some difficulty))

Yeah, it sucks balls like a industrial vacuum cleaner.

[Int: 4] As long as nobody touches weapons the danger will be minimal. Getting into shuttle and into stasis pod it contains would be of paramount importance, then your life would be guaranteed. But the biggest problem in that is vacuum and the fact that your suit has big open hole in it. Perhaps wrapping some rope tight around your stump and applying some medifoam to provide passable seal. It probably won't be perfectly air-tight, but if your least incompetent medic is fast enough you probably will have sufficient amount of air to breath.

[Intu: 1] You have done nothing wrong! You always have done nothing less than your very best, but sabotaged equipment and jealous people around you have ruined everything you have worked for! Entire universe is working against you, to drown you brilliance in mediocrity!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2017, 02:44:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2017, 03:00:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(screw your encoded numerary string messages)

Try to use the blow torch to cut the straps restraining the suit and putnit on,  keep ahold of old mk1 though.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2017, 03:34:09 pm »

((I dare you to find the hidden message~))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2017, 06:38:34 am »

"Well, mister crewman, I've got some bad news on that front. Seems like you're the only one of this here ship's crew to survive. If it's any consolation, we just spaced all of the vexiles, so that's kind of revenge.

I don't suppose you remember when or where this whole vexile started?"

Talk to crewmember. Also look at the logs/vids for cargo hold 2B on the day of the first death, and see if I can't trace the vexile source/mutation from there. If mister crewmember has any info, check the logs/vids for that too.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »

Try to use the blow torch to cut the straps restraining the suit and putnit on,  keep ahold of old mk1 though.

[Aux: 4-1] You spend half minute very carefully cutting first of metal straps, taking great care to not accidentally hit the suit in case its heat proofing isn't functional when not worn. You get first strap cut off though.

You give it a moment of consideration. Getting your Mk I off is going to be a pain. Medifoam covers the hole in your suit and extends inside it too as well as into the actual wound. Taking the suit off without tearing wound open will be difficult operation.

"Hey, that's my suit." says the man on floor.

"Well, mister crewman, I've got some bad news on that front. Seems like you're the only one of this here ship's crew to survive. If it's any consolation, we just spaced all of the vexiles, so that's kind of revenge.

I don't suppose you remember when or where this whole vexile started?"

Talk to crewmember. Also look at the logs/vids for cargo hold 2B on the day of the first death, and see if I can't trace the vexile source/mutation from there. If mister crewmember has any info, check the logs/vids for that too.

"What? Even those who went into stasis?" he stares your helmet, disbelief blatant in his eyes. Then he weakly slumps down on the floor. "Shit."

Trying to keep track of flow of vexiles is not easy because they tend to move around wildly and camera coverage is not very good, but after staring videos long enough you figure mutated vexiles largely come from hold 1B. You also notice that someone visits the very same hold just two hours after crew stepped out of stasis. You can't find any camera angle to find out what he visited there for, but he spent about half hour there before returning.

Mister crewmember introduces himself as George. He doesn't have much information for you. After one guy went took too long checking cargo, two others went to check out what was taking him so long. They didn't return but managed to alert rest of the crew about pests with taste for human flesh before meeting the cruel fate. Unfortunately at that point nobody took it seriously and soon vexiles already found ways around doors and then it was a massacre. What a shitty way to go.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2017, 02:26:40 pm »

See if I can stuff the man into his suit and have him help get it loose
"Hey Dave, this ship have escape pods or can you bring the shuttle closer?"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:34:14 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2017, 03:19:19 pm »

Okay, now wake the fuck up.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2017, 03:21:36 pm »

"Well George, if their stasis pods are secured correctly according to OSHA regulations, I'd say there's a pretty big chance they didn't get spaced.

Tell me, do you know anything about Cargo Hold 1B? It would seem that's where this entire mess started."

Converse with George. Check if there are any crew in stasis still safely on board. Then pull up anything I can about cargo hold 1B starting from the moment the crew got out of stasis.
 Also check 1B logs/vids from before they went into stasis, maybe that will tell me something.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2017, 01:55:49 pm »

See if I can stuff the man into his suit and have him help get it loose
"Hey Dave, this ship have escape pods or can you bring the shuttle closer?"

His best interest in your mind you drag him to the locker and have him touch restraints with his stump because apparently those are life-locked. Custom made especially for him and various programs customized for his needs. Getting him into the suit is slow progress because those laser cut and cauterized stumps hurt quite a lot, but you two make it eventually.

> Escape pods? Dunno. Probably not. The shuttle is only three meters from the airlock, exactly where you left it. Can't get it any closer. You have to make the jump believing yourself.

Okay, now wake the fuck up.

You have spent enough time out of comission on this mission so sure, wake up screaming because your legs hurt like hell when you even twitch.

"Well George, if their stasis pods are secured correctly according to OSHA regulations, I'd say there's a pretty big chance they didn't get spaced.

Tell me, do you know anything about Cargo Hold 1B? It would seem that's where this entire mess started."

Converse with George. Check if there are any crew in stasis still safely on board. Then pull up anything I can about cargo hold 1B starting from the moment the crew got out of stasis.
 Also check 1B logs/vids from before they went into stasis, maybe that will tell me something.

Conversation is interrupted by grunts and occasional swearing as Vik pushes George into his space suit. As for cargo 1B, it's on back, on top and right side if you look from here, and probably full of various containers. That's all he can tell.

[Aux: 5+1] You need aux decomp. But let's see... Three hours after the mystery visitor there starts to be signs of vexiles, fairly normal looking ones. Three hours after that you start seeing mutated ones. Then big swarm tennisball sized vexiles. Then traffic in 1B drops a bit but remains stable. CO2 measures from there show growth that matches with videos. Ventilation system measures unusual fluctuations after boom of little vexiles, but not quite big enough to trigger alarms.

Records before stasis don't show anything interesting, but then again you are viewing them at 60x speed.

Oh, and apparently there's 12 active stasis pods with people inside.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2017, 02:05:13 pm »

Check if my suit is sealed and if I can survive the void jump Also stash away the blotorch out of sight, if caught give it back
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:28:02 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16