Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 19796 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #540 on: October 31, 2017, 12:07:36 am »

"Aw, come on, don't tell me you're on of those guys that gets all sentimental about weapons. It's not like it know you... well actually, I suppose keeping on it's good side isn't a bad idea. Gods know what a tsukumogami from an actual weapon could do."
Kenta pauses in thought. Okay, they probably wouldn't do much given the typical power level of them. But still, they're could be troublesome.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 31, 2017, 12:20:07 am »

"Don't let what you've done in the past define you. That's all I can really think to say.."
Annabelle shrugs, sipping the tea.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #542 on: October 31, 2017, 01:28:57 am »

"A thing easier said than done." Nobunaga fell silent again for a few moments, gazing into his tea. He should be thankful for this opportunity to atone. . . but it seemed he couldn't stop falling into his old ways. Even if they were for what he thought was a good cause. That was the idea the first time around, wasn't it? Give your talents to a good cause, and receive a hefty reward. . . Nevermind the little details. "One carries one's past with them, and even if those nearby don't know. . . the bearer does." Nobunaga gave an expression that would have looked slightly more right on an individual wearing glasses. "Besides. Were you not just telling me not to discount my past?"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:41:42 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 31, 2017, 01:40:22 am »

"I said that what individuals have done, are what set them apart from the crowd." Annabelle sets her teacup down, now interlocking her fingers, and leaning forward on the table. "We do things because we believe in them. That's what makes them worthwhile... and I cannot be one to stand her and judge someone on any wrongdoings in their past, as I've also done some not-so-good things. People are people, and people make mistakes. Even if those mistakes were something we once believed in, either because we were too blind to see what we were doing, or we had no idea the repercussions of what we were doing." She sighs, turning to Nobunaga with a glance that seemed remorseful. "Everyone makes mistakes. Sure, you can not like them-
 I'm personally not one to like my past mistakes- but they're a part of you, and you can't change that. If anything, you should find inspiration and drive to be more wise than you were before. Fix and repair damages done by your mistakes, don't let them eat you alive inside, because then you're a victim to it as much as anyone else."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #544 on: October 31, 2017, 02:00:35 am »

"No effort that I can put forth will bring Wadatsumi back. A life is not something that can be repaired once destroyed, much less that number of them. I appreciate your efforts in attempting to console this stranger, but there's little comfort for me to find. I was tested, and I failed, and a great many others paid for it." He looked down, shaking his head slightly. "And it seems that despite my efforts, and my proclaimations of regret, that I continue to slide back into the sorts of sordid behavior that caused this in the first place. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 31, 2017, 02:09:14 am »

"I see... you're right. Mostly. There is nothing that bring back the dead. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to repair what you can... as for the behaviors, fix them. As blunt and shot as it is, it's the best advice I got. If you have a problem, fix it."
Annabelle smiles, and gives Nobunaga a hefty pat on the back.
"But hey, if it means anything, just from this conversation alone, you admit there's a problem. And that means you're on the road to fixing it. Plus, you don't seem that bad, besides the darker subject."
She winks.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 31, 2017, 02:14:41 am »

A somewhat dryly nonplussed expression flickered across Connor's face, and he moved aside a couple of steps, leaning against the wall and kicking up a foot.
"Listen, man, I've been through a lot of stuff with my gun, and she's been the sole thing between life and death for me on more than one occasion -- not to mention life and death for some of my squadmates. Even the fancy plasma gun they gave me never really compared to this old girl. I know it's a gun, and not a living being or anything, I'm not dumb. But I'm the kind of guy who goes and gets all sentimental about familiar things."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 31, 2017, 02:19:40 am »

"In my world, deeds speak louder than words, brother. Don't proclaim your regret, but do something about it. That is the only acceptable action in matters such as this."
Mircea has gone a little colder than he was at the beginning of the conversation.

"Ah. Hello, Master Wheeler."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 31, 2017, 02:22:16 am »

An undisguisedly amused grin broke out on Connor's face when she called him "Master Wheeler", and he spoke with mirth in his voice.
"'Master Wheeler?' Ophelia, I know I'm a Master Sergeant, but this sort of thing is why people mistook you for being a maid earlier."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 31, 2017, 02:23:22 am »

Ophelia frowns ever so slightly.
"Ah.....my apologies. It was......a slip of the tongue."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 31, 2017, 02:29:49 am »

"No seriously, you gotta treat things right else they'll get to hate humans and stuff. It's really sad."
Kenta sounds quite serious about this. Which makes the entire thing slightly more ridiculous.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 31, 2017, 02:36:00 am »

Florida had to resist laughing, then -- it being a slip of the tongue to call him "Master" really didn't help Ophelia's case, right there.
Perhaps thankfully for Ophelia, though, Kenta's interjection pretty well distracted him.
"Heh, eheh, ahem. Uh, lemme put it this way: different worlds, my man, different worlds. You apparently have to worry about objects starting to hate humans, but where I come from, we don't have to deal with that, just gigantic world wars against aliens and crazy fucking psychic maniacs."
His tone soured a bit towards the end.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 31, 2017, 02:41:21 am »

Kenta thinks for a bit before nodding. With a shrug he speaks.
"Yeah, the Lunarians were pretty chill up until that last incident I guess... And most of the psychics I know... I don't actually know any psychics well. Yeah, you're right, that is pretty different."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 31, 2017, 02:50:44 am »

Florida's eyebrows raised.
"Lunarians? What, did you have an alien invasion, too? Ours was by this species called the Ethereals and their bunch of lackey species, they came from outside of the solar system completely."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 31, 2017, 03:11:07 am »

Kenta thinks for a bit before shrugging.
"I dunno most of the details but apparently the lunarians, the same ones from mythology on your world maybe, were setting up to invade for some reason? I think that a fairy was involved somehow since she only showed up afterwards but uh... yeah, I was trying to figure out something else at the time so I didn't find out until after they fixed it. And the way I found out made me kind of angry so.... yeah."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41