Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 347486 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2670 on: June 21, 2020, 02:54:33 am »

Assist Saeko with finding good employees.  Ekrov is nobility who formerly lived in Alkahest; I'd assume he knows something about where and how to hire people, and probably knows of good places to go, or people to ask.  Failing that, he has d12+5 kno.  So give Saeko suggestions on where to look, but do not go speaking to anyone.  Ekrov doesn't want to interact with anyone from his old family, or who might recognize him.

After that, cast a know-based "Angelic" spell to... well, ask what "angelic" means.  Maximum d10 strength, but I'd prefer lower if it'll still be effective.  Is angelic the typical "beautiful people with wings, halos, and shiny equipment"?  Or perhaps it's more biblically eldritch, like a wheel of eyes?  Maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion kaiju?  I'd enjoy having a "Kaiju" word...

Use clockwork on one of the clockwork combat robots to program in understanding of Japanese--and not English.  And also program it to have no designated directives aside to wait for orders and generally not want to damage things unless told to.  I want the bots to be general utility for now, potentially using them in combat later, and this one will be the test case to ensure they're safe and useful like this.  Not part of the action really, but Ekrov will proudly show the bot off to Saeko afterward.

More universal loob experimentation:

Spoiler: In here (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: June 21, 2020, 08:33:42 am »

Now that Ecalir is forced to go into melee, assist him by using the sunbro staff to make the river/shore plants grow so they constrict the creature and hold it in place. Especially try to constrict/hinder its claws or other 'weapons' it may have. If there aren't enough plants around for that, try using the wood of the ship.

If that is not viable, support him instead by doing an illusion spell using 'Radiation' to make the creature think there are flashing lights in front/around it (to try and blind it). It only needs to last for a very short while, just to give Ecalir the chance to close in and do his thing.

(Also, if pan can't post in time, his action will probably just be the skipped 2nd part of the last action.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: June 21, 2020, 08:42:26 am »

Climb down the hole, armed with my dagger

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: June 21, 2020, 06:20:51 pm »

((syv: A test I'd recommend for your Sculpture would be whether you personally need to be touching the sphere as it's touching the affected objects, and whether you need to be holding it at the moment the swap is made. If you don't need to be holding it while it's "acquiring targets", then you could extend your range using some enchantment and/or contraption. If Sculptures can be directly enchanted, you could Animate it and then have it fly around., or you could build a flying clockwork cradle for it, or something similar.))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: June 22, 2020, 02:26:03 am »

The bullets do nothing, so go into melee and channel 5 mana into the magic longsword and attack it with that instead.

First Priority is to evade the claw attacks so I don't turn into Birb Paté, second priority is actually getting attacks in.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2675 on: June 23, 2020, 04:56:09 pm »

"I bet god would use a lantern if it were, like, a really cool divine lantern. You know, like, Thor probably already punches a lot harder than any human with a normal hammer, but his hammer is so cool and powerful he can benefit from it even though he already has godly strength. Except imagine we're talking about any actual god rather than a marvel movie character."

Sounds like it's time to go. How do we get back onto the airship?

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
"Whats a Thor? Whats a mov-ee?"

You and your squad jog back across the open sands to the meeting place where the airship is waiting, hovering so high up that its a barely visible dot even when you know where to look for it. You turn in your info and listen as the rest talk, compiling everything into a more clear picture in your head. There are indeed other moving fortresses forming a firing line near the border, and the scouts that headed east report distant signs of a large approaching force.  Your commander considers the situation a moment before speaking.

"We've still got no signs of organic leaders or really leaders of any kind. There has to be something out there keeping this all functioning though. Judging by the info you've all found, they're moving artillery into position and then bringing the troops in. Odd. Backwards from what it should be. Maybe setting up for some sort of ambush, drawing us in to the fortresses and attacking while we're busy? Hmmm."

He gestures to the airship and it begins to rapidly descend.

"We've got enough time before daylight to handle one more scout. I'm gonna have the ship take us up, get a good look at their ground troops, and then we'll move past. I want to see where they're coming from, if those troops have reserves in back or what. We can probably get info from height for most of it, but I want a few of  you on the ground to look. Volunteers?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((sorry for taking so long, Internet went out yesterday))
Greet the spirit and ask it the following question
“Hello. Do you know what happened to the people here?”
If it’s hostile, try dodging its attacks

You poke your head around the corner and get through  "Hello. Do-" before a crystalline wing cleaves the doorway.
[2v1]
You dodge to the side and scramble down the hall. Behind you, a sound like glass chimes and shrill flutes erupts out of the room and flashes of multi-color light burst  around an extruding gold double helix. It has no eyes or indeed anything organic, but it seems to be looking for you. It catches sight of you in a moment and, its wings folded about it like a crystalline cloak, it squirms rapidly through the doorway and slithers after you.

Thank you.
I think I've done all I can then. Once I've seen to everyone and done what I can, make note of anyone that I think is treatable but that I was unable to help ((write down who they are, what is wrong, and what is needed)) and then I'll be moving along.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
You get maybe a mile out of town. As you walk, you feel a strange sensation. Like someone is following you. You look but can't see anyone, however you think you see the trees and bushes rustle in a way that's not entirely explained by the wind.

Climb down the hole, armed with my dagger
[3v3]
You drop into the hole, dagger in your teeth as you chase after the fleeing mechanical shape. Its pitch dark below; all you can do is try and move forward by touch and sound, following the voice of the captured man. [3v2] You scramble down a tight tunnel of scrap and hard packed desert soil before suddenly emerging into the light. You're in a hollow space, maybe 20 feet wide and 10 long; a large metal container of some kind by the look of it. The ceiling is rusted out and filled with holes that let dappled sunlight shine down into the space. On the other side you see  the captured man, bloody from his rapid dragging trip through the tunnel, cowering under a mechanical creature. It looks like a man, but with longer and thicker arms and no head. Oddly simian, with hunched back and  scrambling feet. It looks as though its ready to pummel the captured man to death with its fists.

The bullets do nothing, so go into melee and channel 5 mana into the magic longsword and attack it with that instead.

First Priority is to evade the claw attacks so I don't turn into Birb Paté, second priority is actually getting attacks in.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Now that Ecalir is forced to go into melee, assist him by using the sunbro staff to make the river/shore plants grow so they constrict the creature and hold it in place. Especially try to constrict/hinder its claws or other 'weapons' it may have. If there aren't enough plants around for that, try using the wood of the ship.

If that is not viable, support him instead by doing an illusion spell using 'Radiation' to make the creature think there are flashing lights in front/around it (to try and blind it). It only needs to last for a very short while, just to give Ecalir the chance to close in and do his thing.

(Also, if pan can't post in time, his action will probably just be the skipped 2nd part of the last action.)

[2+2v1][8V2][-2 mana]
Eclair charges in, ducks a claw swipe, and swings his blade hard into the creature's right arm, using the force of the creature's own attack to enhance the damage. In a single blow he cleaves the giant limb straight from the creature, hacking easily through flesh and carapace. Before the crab can regain its balance and swing again, the bow of the ship suddenly extends like a wooden battering ram, punching the crab straight in its belly and hurling it off the ship.  It flies in a low and heavy arc, hitting the canyon wall and tumbling back into the river. 

Assist Saeko with finding good employees.  Ekrov is nobility who formerly lived in Alkahest; I'd assume he knows something about where and how to hire people, and probably knows of good places to go, or people to ask.  Failing that, he has d12+5 kno.  So give Saeko suggestions on where to look, but do not go speaking to anyone.  Ekrov doesn't want to interact with anyone from his old family, or who might recognize him.

After that, cast a know-based "Angelic" spell to... well, ask what "angelic" means.  Maximum d10 strength, but I'd prefer lower if it'll still be effective.  Is angelic the typical "beautiful people with wings, halos, and shiny equipment"?  Or perhaps it's more biblically eldritch, like a wheel of eyes?  Maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion kaiju?  I'd enjoy having a "Kaiju" word...

Use clockwork on one of the clockwork combat robots to program in understanding of Japanese--and not English.  And also program it to have no designated directives aside to wait for orders and generally not want to damage things unless told to.  I want the bots to be general utility for now, potentially using them in combat later, and this one will be the test case to ensure they're safe and useful like this.  Not part of the action really, but Ekrov will proudly show the bot off to Saeko afterward.

More universal loob experimentation:

Spoiler: In here (click to show/hide)

Ok.
[5+5v1] -1 mana.
"Angelic" is the term given to beings which sprang from the corpse of Samsasra, Goddess of the Sky. They come in many varieties and inhabit the upper reaches of the world and the dark void beyond it. Images flash through your head quickly, beings difficult to describe. Fire, lightning, storms, gold, silver, crystal, stars and constellations, wings, winds, ringing bells and chimes, flashbulb glimmers of rainbow light, flowing geometric shapes, crustaceans, mollusks, inorganic forms. Beautiful, flowing, fast moving, deadly.

Setting it to respond to orders is beyond its capacity to understand. You can, however, program in specific actions you want it to do. For example, kill the thing you point at. It isn't smart enough to freely interpret orders; its just a machine after all.

4. So you're asking if it can transfer shapes? Like from the folded water shape to the flat paper?
5. The "Broken-ness" of an object seems not to be a trait you can switch. When you try to activate it, neither stick breaks or rejoins.
6. This works, but only kind of.  The switch succeeds, but the "Dead" mouse dies again shortly after from its injuries. It seems that while "Alive" is a usable property to switch, it is also a property that can be lost just as easy naturally.
7. The Coin becomes large, but extremely low-density, while the stone becomes small and extremely dense.
8. When you touch the targets, you "mark" them. If you mark a stick, then the next thing you mark will be bound to that stick. You cannot "skip", and line up a bunch of "Target 1"s and then selecte which to conenct to "Target 2" later. Its always "Target 1, target 2. Target 1, target 2."  If that makes sense.
9. "having a mouse tail" doesn't seem to be a property that can be swapped, but you can swap shapes and elongate the abdomenof the spider to resemble a mouse tail.

Manor, 3000
Fancy bathhouse, 800.  Fancy, but should be able to save on decorations by using some of the unsold ones.
Underground vault, 500.  (steel walls, but I'll let Ekrov handle the magic lock and will be doing most of the custom security.  Also, thin steel walls, as can be magicked up to size.  Need several rooms, though.)
Full workshop, 500.
Stuff, 500.

Total cost, 5300.
-35 for a week of time. (paying two extant guards, paying 2gold/day.  Will start giving them 3 gold/day if they're up for supervising the other guards.)

For simplicities sake is 100/week reasonable for the staff?  A few cleaners, a groundskeeper, a few guards, a cook, etc.

All candidates will be tested with Ekrov's memory viewer, via a drop of blood taken as part of the interview process.  Reject anyone who is a magebreaker spy or a magebreaker, or otherwise some kind of dangerous nonhuman.

Steward will be special.

The best candidate for Steward will be introduced to the Reader's Digest in a private interview, attempting to capture the person, who will then be released and given orders to maintain a normal life, but to do nothing other than come to a fair contract for compensation for the position of steward.  Basically only being captured to ensure complete trustworthiness.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)
Looks good.

100 per week would be good.

Alright. We can assume you found good people to fill the position to save time.

Alright. A few things though, just to make sure you know.
1. This is basically killing them and creating a duplicate of them that is totally under your control.
2. So long as that duplicate exists and is alive, you can only store 2 more creatures in the book.
3. The loyalty of the summon isn't to the summoner, its to the one who is currently holding or last held the book.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: June 23, 2020, 08:59:30 pm »

I thought my next leg was by boat?

Am currently leaving Terebinth, heading north to Nihil, along the River Hydromel. I thought that the next leg was via boat as a result. Not sure how the current "being stalked" situation would be modified by this.

Assuming the "being stalked" situation doesn't signifigantly vary from how it was described before, my initial reaction will be to ask Adam if he's noticed anything about this.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 02:50:42 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: June 23, 2020, 09:31:16 pm »

May as well hug the person before going into the book, after signing the contract.  Wings and arms for the novelty.  I'll do the book thing sometime during the packing to get ready to leave.  Find some time alone to do it.

Lets test out that bioshaper on Benedict.  Make him the size of a proper horse, so he can easily carry Ekrov, and try for some stat increases:

Str D6 -> D8
Spd D4 -> D6
End D8
Kno D4
Will D8
Sen D6 -> D8

Is he magically emptied out the same way as he would be if he was carrying three enchantments?

Other things to do are to buy a few basic supplies.  Some waterproof waxed cloth for the universal lubricant, (enough for an outfit), some grease (something that'll penetrate the steel of my armour a bit, while making a sort of wax-like seal) , and some diamonds.  With the new diamond mine in town I'd like to buy an uncut diamond, and a small amount of fine (as in tiny) diamonds, diamond chips, or diamond dust for the alchemy kit.

Lastly, lets look for some possible franchise holders for the bird-courier business.  I'll expect I'd have to pay someone to go to Galena to open up there, but I should be able to find someone willing to pay me for the courier birds and a franchise in the capital.  Summon each of them two permanent courier birds with Strengthen Permanent Bird.

Contract is basically I get a share of the gross and agree to supply a couple additional birds for each year, with the contract renewable annually.  Extra birds, if desired, can be purchased.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:11:32 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: June 23, 2020, 10:04:00 pm »

Continue running, try getting back to the surface

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: June 23, 2020, 10:29:44 pm »

Think I'd prefer to stay on the airship for now.

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: June 24, 2020, 07:28:21 am »

Quickly rush over and use my body to block the mechanical beast from the captured man. Then, try to stop it by slashing any exposed wires or tubes

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: June 25, 2020, 06:14:48 pm »

17:12] Radio Controlled: Hey, so, since we'll be wanting to move on again for the next leg of our journey in cabal, can I ask if we know whether or not that creature is dead from the blows it sustained?
[17:13] Radio Controlled: Cause if yes we might want to try and haul it aboard if it can be done easily to see if it had anything neat inside it, but if not I'd rather not waste more turns on it.
[00:59] Mr.Bones: Lemme check
[00:59] Mr.Bones: Its dead. Under the water but dead.

Try to use the sunbro staff to carefully hoist/pull the body on board. If that works, look around for interesting words/doodads inside it (as before, preferably look for fewer but better words if possible), then turn the remains into thaum. Then be on our way.

If we encounter problems with getting the body, or if it's too big or something, then just leave it and continue on our journey. Forwards!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:19:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: June 26, 2020, 09:40:09 am »

Cast a human-based know spell to know what Saeko needs from gold.  Can whatever it is be extracted from gold without clearly affecting it?  Also, how much gold does she need to consume per day?

Use Ekrov's vast know to just make a big list of possible commands that he might want to give robot, then program that list of commands into the bot, using Japanese as the command language.  Also try to program in some kind of check that tries to recognize and prioritize commands from Saeko/Ekrov.  I understand that the bot can't interpret or think creatively, but it seems reasonable to give it a library of orders that allow it to be useful for general labor/combat/whatever without needing more brain rewrites.

Shove a chunk of magicoal into a guide golem, while wearing armor and with the bot prepared to restrain the golem.  Be sure to hold a Gravid key while activating the golem.  Can it speak?  Does it do anything?

Continued Lube experiments:

Spoiler: Here (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2683 on: June 26, 2020, 01:33:11 pm »

I thought my next leg was by boat?

Am currently leaving Terebinth, heading north to Nihil, along the River Hydromel. I thought that the next leg was via boat as a result. Not sure how the current "being stalked" situation would be modified by this.

Assuming the "being stalked" situation doesn't signifigantly vary from how it was described before, my initial reaction will be to ask Adam if he's noticed anything about this.
Hmmm. In that case you'd probably notice shadows moving along the banks, following the boat.

Adam would basically comment that they're not spirits, but something more mundane.

Continue running, try getting back to the surface

[6v5] You retrace your steps at a sprint, making your way back to the surface. As you burst out into the open air you glance behind you, worried about the thing you assume is right on your heels but...nothing. All is quiet.

Think I'd prefer to stay on the airship for now.

Others volunteer and you head into the airship as soon as it touches down. The ship rises rapidly once everyone is on board and you shut your eyes and relax as it drifts forward under minimum engine power. After a few minutes Samson jabs you in the ribs and directs your attention out a port hole. You look where she's pointing and see what at first appears to be a wide plain of brownish mud. Then you see that the mud is moving. You squint down and can pick out the vague shapes of larger war machines moving like a swarm of ants. Then something else comes into view, a humanoid machine of such size that it actually completely throws off your sense of distance; its like looking down at a person maybe 10 feet beneath you, despite the fact that the ship is hundreds or thousands of feet up. You move and check the other portholes; the solid plain of metal extends forward and backward as far as you can see, and to the sides for a good...mile?

"Thats a lot of tickers..." Samson says, quietly.

Quickly rush over and use my body to block the mechanical beast from the captured man. Then, try to stop it by slashing any exposed wires or tubes
[3v1][1]
You charge in between the man and the machine, shoving the man back out of the way and shouting for him to make a run for it as you slice at the machine. You dart and duck like a boxer, throwing out rapid cuts and stabs, but if it has any effect on the machine you don't see it.
[1v8][6v3]
The machine swings one massive metal fist around and clobbers you. You get your arms up and jump back as the hit lands so it only grazes you, but still sends you tumbling  into a wall.  You get back up and into a defensive stance as the machine knucklewalks towards you.

17:12] Radio Controlled: Hey, so, since we'll be wanting to move on again for the next leg of our journey in cabal, can I ask if we know whether or not that creature is dead from the blows it sustained?
[17:13] Radio Controlled: Cause if yes we might want to try and haul it aboard if it can be done easily to see if it had anything neat inside it, but if not I'd rather not waste more turns on it.
[00:59] Mr.Bones: Lemme check
[00:59] Mr.Bones: Its dead. Under the water but dead.

Try to use the sunbro staff to carefully hoist/pull the body on board. If that works, look around for interesting words/doodads inside it (as before, preferably look for fewer but better words if possible), then turn the remains into thaum. Then be on our way.

If we encounter problems with getting the body, or if it's too big or something, then just leave it and continue on our journey. Forwards!

[3v6]
You send questing wooden tendrils into the water but either the body is deeper than they can reach or it has drifted down river already. Hmm. You retract the wood and repair the damage to the ship so that your journey can continue. From here on out its a pretty easy trek; slow in places but you run into no more trouble and within a half a week of riding the pillars of lead come into view, their shapes solidifying out of the heat haze of the desert. The are enormous things, towering as tall as mountains but nowhere near as wide. Their bases are surrounded by lakes of pure mercury.

Cast a human-based know spell to know what Saeko needs from gold.  Can whatever it is be extracted from gold without clearly affecting it?  Also, how much gold does she need to consume per day?

Use Ekrov's vast know to just make a big list of possible commands that he might want to give robot, then program that list of commands into the bot, using Japanese as the command language.  Also try to program in some kind of check that tries to recognize and prioritize commands from Saeko/Ekrov.  I understand that the bot can't interpret or think creatively, but it seems reasonable to give it a library of orders that allow it to be useful for general labor/combat/whatever without needing more brain rewrites.

Shove a chunk of magicoal into a guide golem, while wearing armor and with the bot prepared to restrain the golem.  Be sure to hold a Gravid key while activating the golem.  Can it speak?  Does it do anything?

Continued Lube experiments:

Spoiler: Here (click to show/hide)

[7+5v12] Its probably something to do with the color? She needs to eat 1 gold a day to feel nourished.

Nah. Write me a list; we ain't going the route where it can do anything because of a vague action in the past. Otherwise this robot is gonna know how to fold origami swans and make pasta from scratch because...well...you can't PROVE I didn't program it with that knowledge.  I don't need anything extensive, just like "Attack indicated enemy, defend indicated place/item" etc. You want your clockwork terminators you gonna teach them to tie their shoes.

The guide golem seems confused as to its location but cordial none the less. It asks how it can help you in a sing song flute voice.

4. No. It needs physical contact with you when "Activating" the switch, but just remember the last two items purposefully touched regardless of it if is in your hand or not. You're not quite sure how it knows, but when you place it against things with the intent of targeting them, it always seems to work. And you haven't accidentally effected yourself despite holding it this whole time.
5. Yes.
6. The result is...well its not exactly right. It ends up with "Wings" but they're not really wings. Instead they're just big lumps of mouseflesh in the shape of wings. Its shape does now match the original carving, albeit not how you intended. Its also sort of...less detailed? What looks like fur is actually just coloration on the skin now, the animal is smooth, just like the statue. The stature on th e other hand looks like a perfectly petrified mouse, complete with hairs.
7. You can swap the speeds, but assuming its temporary on one, its temporary on the other too. And it doesn't just swap the buff but the whole "Speed".

May as well hug the person before going into the book, after signing the contract.  Wings and arms for the novelty.  I'll do the book thing sometime during the packing to get ready to leave.  Find some time alone to do it.

Lets test out that bioshaper on Benedict.  Make him the size of a proper horse, so he can easily carry Ekrov, and try for some stat increases:

Str D6 -> D8
Spd D4 -> D6
End D8
Kno D4
Will D8
Sen D6 -> D8

Is he magically emptied out the same way as he would be if he was carrying three enchantments?

Other things to do are to buy a few basic supplies.  Some waterproof waxed cloth for the universal lubricant, (enough for an outfit), some grease (something that'll penetrate the steel of my armour a bit, while making a sort of wax-like seal) , and some diamonds.  With the new diamond mine in town I'd like to buy an uncut diamond, and a small amount of fine (as in tiny) diamonds, diamond chips, or diamond dust for the alchemy kit.

Lastly, lets look for some possible franchise holders for the bird-courier business.  I'll expect I'd have to pay someone to go to Galena to open up there, but I should be able to find someone willing to pay me for the courier birds and a franchise in the capital.  Summon each of them two permanent courier birds with Strengthen Permanent Bird.

Contract is basically I get a share of the gross and agree to supply a couple additional birds for each year, with the contract renewable annually.  Extra birds, if desired, can be purchased.

Alright. +6 mana.

So. Here' how the shaper works: It lets you reshape flesh like clay. If you want to add, such as making it larger, you need more flesh. Raw meat works if its fresh enough. Type doesn't matter, no worry about graft vs host disease. Doing this does not count as an enchantment, so it has none of the "Emptying" or mutating effects. However, there are some things you should keep in mind
1. Yo cannot specify stats being changed. You just have to say how you want to shape or reshape him, then I choose depending on the changes.
2. Changes are handled like any art project, so people better at art are better at using it. High End doesn't do anything.

All that for 6 gold.

There are interested people, but for it to be successful they want more than two birds. Obviously birds take a while to fly back and forth, and a message service that can only handle a few messages a day is basically destined to fail. Even if it is successful in the short term, others will move in and set up larger enterprises with lower costs and more birds. The estimate at least 2 dozen birds at each location for a stable base. They're willing to invest for the start up, up to 200 gold, but only if the conditions are met.

You, through use of your own birds as an example, send messages out from the capital to various places.  You get positive responses from:
Lunare
Fearce
Cremor
Thion Hudor
Nihil
Regulus
Kaolin
Ipecacuanha
Balneum Mariae
Glucinum
Perlantum

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: June 26, 2020, 04:50:41 pm »

"How's that possible? I mean, sure they've had time to set up and build, but where do you think the energy comes from? It would take massive amounts just to power that one machine, let alone the vast armies. Do they mine coal, grow food? How massive would those operations have to be to support this?"

Do you want me to do something here? Cuz I don't have a lot I can do about this right now.

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 203