Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 240319 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2017, 07:05:55 pm »

Ah, you just go to your dA, right click, "save Picture's URL" and paste it into the brackets, easy peasy

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2017, 07:09:55 pm »

That's done. Thank you for the help there.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #362 on: October 23, 2017, 09:36:33 am »

Some events happened in Autumn, and warrent a specific update which is underway o/ It'll be available during the week.
Also, some of the prisonners are willing to talk and I'd need someone to..ehm... perform an """interrogation""". If no one volonteers I'll ask Uquur, as she's the dedicated executionner. If someone volonteer, you have free range on the method used. We have everything needed to make them talk ! And we kinda need to know why we're fighting. And who we're fighting for that matter.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:38:05 am by Cathar »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 23, 2017, 11:06:01 am »

So Donu is an adult now.....

Zothoabo wouldn't want her to endure the hardship he did as a child, so he would keep her out of the military, and probably out of the hospital too. Duslud should be growing up soon to be a sage, so if there is need for a brewer, backup cook, etc. Some kind of in-door job where she can work with people/make them happy.

but.... you're the overseer, and if you want to conscript her, I won't complain.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 23, 2017, 11:19:34 am »

Some events happened in Autumn, and warrent a specific update which is underway o/ It'll be available during the week.
Also, some of the prisonners are willing to talk and I'd need someone to..ehm... perform an """interrogation""". If no one volonteers I'll ask Uquur, as she's the dedicated executionner. If someone volonteer, you have free range on the method used. We have everything needed to make them talk ! And we kinda need to know why we're fighting. And who we're fighting for that matter.

Haspen can talk. It's like trading negotiations, but with execution possibilities included :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 23, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »

Speaking of, I feel like Zothoabo would make an eerily good torturer... what with his knowledge of biology, and the emotional damage he's suffered watching his family murdered as a child. And the fact that his first born son was just mutilated by goblins.

what's even worse is I feel like he doesn't work at the hospital because he wants to help the individuals, but because he wants to help his nation, so he probably wouldn't even refuse if he was asked to torture the goblin prisoners....

But it's probably best if we keep Zotho away from the dirty work, he's trying to be a good guy and take care of his family.

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2017, 01:47:02 pm »

Alright, Haspen will take care of that then ! He hasn't received enough attention lately anyway. I'll need a bit of time to set up the interrogation, and we'll get to it !
As for Donu, don't worry, I may need soldiers, but it's not like I want to force conscript everyone. Actually I...may have a job for her. First I'll drill her into the reserve squad, because she's taken a bit of weight, and as soon as she's fit, she'll work at the temple. If that's okay?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2017, 02:11:31 pm »

It's all good points though :vc

Haspen should do the sweet talk; someone else should wave a knife or do some grunting if the 'subject' of interrogation would be uncooperative.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 23, 2017, 08:54:26 pm »

Sounds like a fun job for Ases, considering the goblins steal children and she's only been not a child for a couple years herself. It'd be extra intimidating seeing a potential rescuee be the strongarm for this.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2017, 04:24:22 am »

Has Lemann been up to anything cool lately?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 24, 2017, 09:47:17 am »

Alright, Haspen will take care of that then ! He hasn't received enough attention lately anyway. I'll need a bit of time to set up the interrogation, and we'll get to it !
As for Donu, don't worry, I may need soldiers, but it's not like I want to force conscript everyone. Actually I...may have a job for her. First I'll drill her into the reserve squad, because she's taken a bit of weight, and as soon as she's fit, she'll work at the temple. If that's okay?

Sounds good. I completely forgot we had a temple, but that'd be a perfect place for her. Can you get me updated moods for Zotho and Donu?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #371 on: October 24, 2017, 09:58:40 am »

Alright, so Haspen and Ases this is. I know Zotho isn't bound by any hypocratic oath...but I don't like the idea of having our medic doing that kind of wetwork, especially in the presence of viable alternative. Plus Zotho has been the epithome of the good guy so far :D

For Lemann, he has been mostly socializing and trading every summer. And he's becoming quite good at it actually. The man is Legendary appraiser for quite a time, and Adequate in all social skills,  thanks to which he has made a lot of friends. Among which, notably : Cuthroz (Haspen's wife), Ryukan and his wife, all the sages of Watershield including Astesh, our dwarf eingeneer.

He has been mostly one of our workers in the shadows actually, but he's absolutely essencial to the fort and to the army especially, since trade is our only way to access weapon grade metal over copper. I have a small arc in mind with him, but if you want him to do anything specific, all suggestions are welcome o/

Also for Donu :
Of course we have a temple :D Actually, it's the same building the hospital is on. It's a huge (by our standards) complex comprised of the Temple, the House of Scribes and the Hospital. So the family will be kept somewhat together

Here comes the moods :

Spoiler: Zothoabo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Donu (click to show/hide)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 24, 2017, 03:14:23 pm »

Thanks Cathar, I think Donu is going to be the new Heroine of my little story things. I love how she is a dubious worshiper of Ino and she's going to work in the temple. Especially since Zotho has always been a believer. I also like her "I don't care what they think quote." I'll try to get a few stories about her and Duslud out as their characters develop.

Edit;

Just noticed her inclinations: "[she] deeply respects those that work hard at their labors, hates those who wield power over others, finds the following of tradition foolish and limiting, thinks the quest for knowledge is a delusional fantasy, greatly respects individuals that persevere through their trials and labors, doesn't respect a society that has settled into harmony without debate and strife, sees merrymaking as a waste, finds the ideas of independence and freedom somewhat foolish, values martial prowess, finds artwork boring, believes it is important to conceal emotions and refrain from complaining, values self-control, and finds nature somewhat disturbing." 

Comrade Donu wants to seize the means of production, also "She personally does not care about family one way or the other."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:54:59 pm by Megaman_zx »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2017, 06:27:25 am »

Oh well, most of it is MongKima's culture. Most of us are "martial monks", who love to fight but paradoxically hate war, love hard work but find philosophy and art to be a waste of time. That's pretty much the norm here ^^'
Tho outliers definitely exist. I think Ser, one of the scholars with very prnounced anarchistic tendancies, is definitely one of them.

Autumn update tonight !

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2017, 09:22:55 am »

I have a small arc in mind with him, but if you want him to do anything specific, all suggestions are welcome o/
The only plans I have for Lemann is continuing the retelling of his own story through his nightmares, so feel free to include him in any arc you see fit.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 111