Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 820329 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.03-beta1
« Reply #2205 on: March 09, 2020, 01:07:18 pm »

I've never been able to build a completely-working version either. There's a link to the latest pre-built versions on the original post.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 09, 2020, 01:16:56 pm »

I see. Totally missed that the first time I went to the Nightly Builds site. Thanks!
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 09, 2020, 02:07:03 pm »

How automatically butcher sentient corpses?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 09, 2020, 03:48:25 pm »

How automatically butcher sentient corpses?
You can't in vanilla. Ask in the mod section. There's a bunch of people there obsessed with that issue, so they may or may not know.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 09, 2020, 06:27:08 pm »

I do not understand how to compile/build the latest release from the github. I have even downloaded the main folder and all of the programs necessary to perform the task, but I fail to comprehend what needs to be done.
Does https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/Compile.html help? What OS are you building on? If you have any specific questions about it, we'd be happy to answer them. It should build on all supported OSes, as far as I know.
(If you're okay with a nightly build, though, it probably doesn't matter.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 10, 2020, 11:15:58 pm »

I've personally never managed to get that working on windows 10 64-bit but I figure that's because I've already messed up my setup's C++ environment in a variety of strange ways.

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: March 11, 2020, 01:24:41 am »

I can try to help out with any build issues on the different platforms if you'd like.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 11, 2020, 03:11:42 am »

I've personally never managed to get that working on windows 10 64-bit but I figure that's because I've already messed up my setup's C++ environment in a variety of strange ways.
Microsoft has changed things with MSVC since the documentation for DFHack were written, but I eventually managed to get the installation to work and DFHack to build on a new computer (requiring quite a few attempts to get all the parts needed installed. Windows 7 support in particular is required, but the errors resulting from not having it give no clue whatsoever about that being the cause. For MSVC 2017 I ended up with an everything and the kitchen sink installation rather than trying to guess what's needed, and I think Windows 7 support still needed to be added).

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:27 am »

is there known yet a way to determine which god a particular divination shrine/die belongs to (in adventure mode)?

considering the risk of rolling the same god’s dice more than twice, i think that info would make for a pretty useful ui addon

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 14, 2020, 04:54:28 am »

Random thing i noticed: fixing advfort and you char keeps moving around (maybe because of companion) while working.

Edit: yeah it's just default DF - while waiting companions/pets move you, or your char moves somewhat...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:29:08 am by Warmist »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 14, 2020, 03:20:02 pm »

Out of curiosity, is there a line of code that I could remove within the Full-Heal.lua script that will remove the resetting of syndromes applied? (meaning, so when its used, syndromes such as secrets wont be removed upon being used on the character). and Yeah im aware that counts towards all syndromes.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 15, 2020, 01:25:43 pm »

Is it intended that eventful's onUnload triggers every time a site is offloaded in adventure mode? The documentation doesn't actually say what it does, but I have only ever seen it used as if it is only meant to run on unloading the entire world (i.e. when the user saves and quits to main menu or ends their run with that fort/adventurer). As such, a lot of dfhack scripts break as soon as you travel through the travel screen, since moving even a single tile unloads the current site. This happens on the current 0.47.03-beta1 version, but I set up an older version of df/dfhack and confirmed that this behavior was also present in 0.44.12.

Out of curiosity, is there a line of code that I could remove within the Full-Heal.lua script that will remove the resetting of syndromes applied? (meaning, so when its used, syndromes such as secrets wont be removed upon being used on the character). and Yeah im aware that counts towards all syndromes.
I took a skim through the full-heal script then did a quick arena test to be sure, and there doesn't seem to be anything in that script that touches syndromes at all.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 15, 2020, 02:07:29 pm »

Wait, then how are syndromes being removed/reset from a creature then when its used? o_o
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 15, 2020, 03:08:26 pm »

I took a look at what it does edit to see if any of it links to syndromes indirectly, and it looks like wounds are created for syndromes. What might be happening is that some syndrome effects reference either just the wound or both the wound and the syndrome, and deleting the wound breaks those effects. However, I tried a couple of tests and full heal only deleted those wounds for a single tick - they were back again in the wounds vector the next tick, and stuff like nausea was applied properly despite being momentarily removed by full-heal. I wouldn't be surprised if the recreation of syndrome related wounds and the correct reapplication of the associated effects wasn't universal, though.

If that is what is creating your problem, then the fix for full-heal would require skipping the deletion of wounds that have associated syndromes. This may potentially lead to undefined behavior when it comes to things like werecreature bites, however, since as far as I know wounds created by those would have both a syndrome and "conventional" wound info (or it might be fine, who knows).

Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 15, 2020, 03:26:30 pm »

Is it intended that eventful's onUnload triggers every time a site is offloaded in adventure mode? The documentation doesn't actually say what it does, but I have only ever seen it used as if it is only meant to run on unloading the entire world (i.e. when the user saves and quits to main menu or ends their run with that fort/adventurer). As such, a lot of dfhack scripts break as soon as you travel through the travel screen, since moving even a single tile unloads the current site. This happens on the current 0.47.03-beta1 version, but I set up an older version of df/dfhack and confirmed that this behavior was also present in 0.44.12.
<...>

Afaik it was always that way. In the source (not eventful as it wraps (among other stuff) eventmanager module) here it's called more explicit: SC_MAP_UNLOADED.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 243