Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 69537 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

A world apart in both logic and function,
where every attempt at success is met with dysfunction,
this land, full of pain and agony,
where all players are in constant antagony.

Humans bleed wounds yet feel it not,
where many attacks are for aught,
with a fixation on strangeness galore,
yet I simply can't wait for more.
Looter's Delight: A Haiku

Murder kill maim screech
Loot steal plunder win triumph
Death failure lose end
"Excellent work, the lot of you."

"I think Blue and Grimmy's poems distinguish themselves more, however. Blue's poem... you somehow managed to tap into a loot generator off in another dimension and get it to provide you with material. But you, Mr. Zombie... you summarize this game so well in so few words. The essence of this game is trapped within your haiku."

"In the end, there can only be one winner. I'll admit it's a bit of a toss up." Null reached into his pocket and tossed a coin from it in the air. Null caught the coin and examined it. Grimmy's face.

"It looks like the resident zombie is our winner! I'll supply you with the prize as soon as you come back to life."

"Our runner-up is Blue. Tell you what, if you survive to turn 45, I'll throw you the consolation prize of a Mulligan Medallion, for when you want to reroll a loot and take the extra trouble to throw it in the pit. Good luck!"
~~~
Turn 43: The Blood of Rasputin

INIT:
OceanSoul/THE AMAZING BLUE(13-20=-7)
NAV/Dave Blade(5)
Person/Raphael(96)
Coolrune206/Frank(63)
Posessed Manticore(3)
Dancing Grape Golem(43)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(31)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(91)
Dark Wizard(47)

Dave Blade seemed frozen in time, if not literally, so Raphael decided to do his job for him.
Kill Blue with the Katana damn it!

Katana!(1, 6, 5 = 5) vs. Dodge!(5-1=4)

Raphael unleashed a shout of rage and yanked his katana right out of Blue's arm.

Katana!(4+1=5) vs. Resist!(4-2=2)

The arm was unusable before Raphael removed the katana from it, and it was even more unusable after Raphael removed the katana from it. Because it was gone.

Perhaps William A. Drango would have better luck.

Huh.

Move away from the whirling corpse and take a shot at Blue with my longbow.

The corpse was busy moving away from him, so William took his shot.

Arrow!(5, 5, 3 = 5) vs. Dodge!(5-1=4)

Blue saw the arrow coming, tried to dodge, but was nicked by the arrow, barely.

Affinity!(2)

A speck of power came out of the arrow. Blue noticed that the stump of his arm, nicked by the arrow, hurt slightly less.

Frank had fusion on his mind.
Frank nods thoughtfully at the announcement, ignoring the spinny corpse of un-death.

He then tries to remember how to combine items (because he hasn't been paying attention very well), and combines them on the spot if he can; if not, he heads to the location he has to be at to do that thing.
Frank posed in a thoughtful manner, and recalled how to fuse items.

Memory!(No, I'm not that cruel)

Ah. All he needed to do was toss a number of loot items into the Pit of Fusion equal to the Tier number of the loot he wanted to create, however, all the loot he needed to sacrifice needed to have a Tier number of one less than the loot he wanted to create. Alternatively, he could sacrifice a single item of any Tier to heal himself fully.

Frank was in the Center Circle, and could easily access the Pit if he wanted to... but there was a problem.

He had two Tier 2 loot and one Tier 1 loot. If he had one more Tier 1 loot, he could make a Tier 2 loot, or if he had one more Tier 2 loot, he could make a Tier 3 loot, but as he was, he didn't have enough loot to fuse. He would have to kill somebody and take their loot. Or... trade?

Or kill the Manticore, which was a boss and would probably provide loot when killed.

The Dark Wizard was getting irritated about his non-functional magic.
Quote from: Dark Wizard
Kill this fool already!

Affinity!(6)

A massive ball of dark energy formed in his hand, and with a shout, he lobbed it at Capko!

Accuracy!(5) vs. Dodge!(5)

The aim of the explosive dark sphere was dead-on, but Capko threw himself out of the way with ease.

The Dark Wizard cursed as he noticed his magical reserves weaken from overstrain...

The Dancing Grape Golem would do better than his master's other allies!
Quote from: Dancing Grape Golem
Death to Blue!

Katana!(5, 1 = 5) vs. Dodge!(6-1=5)

Despite Blue's limp, and the pain from his missing arm, he somehow managed to evade the golem's accurate sword strike.

Capko Eagleson wanted that hat.
Kick the Wizard in the stomach, then steal his hat and get out of there.

Kick To The Stomach!(5) vs. Dodge!(4)

The Dark Wizard tried to get out of the way, but got a kick to the stomach for his troubles.

Kick!(3+1(allowed to remain because I don't want to actually change things with a retcon)=4) vs. Resist!(1)

The wind went out of the Dark Wizard, and Capko grabbed the Wizard's hat and ran off, climbing out of the Wizard's pit.

Dave Blade realized it was up to him to stop Blue from not dying.

"Is everyone I try to kill related to Rasputin?"
Get that bolo and stop it from falling in the pit. Then chop at Blue's good hand with my hatchet and do everything I can to obtain his chainsaw.

"Sorry, I don't do poetry."

Sprint!(5) vs. Sprint!(4-1=3)

Dave Blade dashed off to the pit, grabbing the bolo. Blue followed, much more slowly, anger on his face.

Hatchet!(4) vs. Dodge!(2-1=1)

Dave Blade swung his hatchet, biting into Blue's remaining hand.

Hatchet!(4) vs. Resist!(4)

Dave Blade realized Blue was grabbing the hatchet blade. His hand was hurt, but only slightly.

Willpower!(1)

Blue winced as his ears filled with rather loud classical music that nobody else could hear.

THE AMAZING BLUE...
This may be my swan song, so I'll just limp over to knock the bolo in the pit, reciting the poem. Looter's Delight is a game of random generation, so the poem should involve that, too. I'll use [

The bolo was in Dave Blade's hands. It could not stay there. What could be done?

Bolo, Pit!(5) vs. Dodge!(6)

In a burst of motion, Blue reached out with his good hand, and almost grabbed the bolo from Blade's mocking hands.

Critical Fail!(3)

Dave blade laughed as he got out of the way... then noticed that he had dropped the bolo. It lay on the ground. If Blue could kick it into the pit, he would be healed. If he could not, he would die of blood loss. It was time to live or die for Blue.

Meanwhile, the Possessed Manticore tried to take down Grimmy's corpse...
Quote from: Cloak
Take it down already!
Accept Friend Cloak as my lord and savior... Then use my superior RAGE/willpower to use its possessive connection to me to possess it (Friend Cloak), rather than the other way around.

RAGE FROM THE GRAVE!(1)

Grimmy span and span... and span right towards the pit. The Friend Cloak mentally cursed, and urged the Manticore to stop Grimmy from falling into the pit.

Intercept!(1)

The Manticore rushed forwards... and hit Grimmy, pushing him towards the pit.

Luck!(1)

Grimmy careened into the pit, not the little one, the big one for fusing loot, and plummeted into it. Welp.

"What a failure, folks! I think I'm going to commemorate that..."

A black vial filled with black liquid popped into existence in Null's hands.

"Well, that's just ridiculous. The generator specifically removed the part of this loot that commemorated this event. Well, you can have it, then."

Null tossed the vial onto the ground and vanished.
~~~
"Is everyone I try to kill related to Rasputin?"

After saying "yes."
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BLUE THE SUPER AWESOME (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hatless Dark Wizard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:50:39 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 43: The Blood of Rasputin
« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2017, 03:46:30 pm »

"It would be more fitting if the hatchet played horrorcore."
Cruelly kick the bolo into the pit myself. Also toss in the hatchet to recieve a tier two loot.
Then pick up Blue's chainsaw from the ground because he had to drop it to use his hand.

Golem, just focus on getting Blue's loot and preventing him from tossing anything into the pit.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2017, 03:50:45 pm »

"Ha ha, sucker!"

Run back to the center circle and fuse my Wizard's Hat and Chicken dinner.
Insert witty signature here

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2017, 05:01:00 pm »

Shoot Blue again, trying to only graze him. Hit my golden watch as well to make it a fancy golden arrow.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looter's Delight: A Haiku

Murder kill maim screech
Loot steal plunder win triumph
Death failure lose end"
Would you mind if I made this my new sig?
No, I wouldn't mind. You might want to remove that quotation mark at the end, though.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2017, 05:42:13 pm »

Name: Spoopy
Description(optional): A skeleton (or a guy in a skeleton costume)

I'll go with Waitlist F this time around.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 14, 2017, 06:26:22 pm »

KICK IT IN THE PIIIIIT! ALL MY EFFORT, DO IT TO THE RHYTHM OF THE MUUSIIC! BECOME THE HAMM AGAIN, FOR ONE LAST TUUURN!!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 16, 2017, 05:21:27 am »

Rip the katana out and kick Blue in the pit instead.

"Die already!"
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 16, 2017, 07:49:29 pm »

Turn 44: Final Showdown

INIT:
OceanSoul/THE AMAZING BLUE(46-20=26)
NAV/Dave Blade(57)
Person/Raphael(95)
Coolrune206/Frank(51)
Posessed Manticore(70)
Dancing Grape Golem(79)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(70)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(35)

Raphael was getting infuriated.
Rip the katana out and kick Blue in the pit instead.

"Die already!"

Seeing as the katana was already out of Blue, he went for a kick.

Kick!(6, 5 = 5) vs. Dodge!(5-1=4)

Raphael's kick hit Blue's leg. It wasn't solid enough to propel Blue into the pit... but...

Kick!(1) vs. Resist!(6)

Critical Failure!(4)

Well, it didn't really do anything at all. Blue stepped on Raphael's leg in mid kick, rendering it null. On the other hand, it did unbalance Blue a bit.

The Dancing Grape Golem figured it could do better.
Golem, just focus on getting Blue's loot and preventing him from tossing anything into the pit.

Thievery!(2) vs. Dodge!(1-1-1-2=-3)

The Dancing Grape Golem could have been avoided easily by anyone who wasn't unbalanced from a failed kung fu move, suffering from a cut leg, and distracted by loud classical music. Still, though, the Dancing Grape Golem couldn't get much from Blue himself... but on the other hand, there was a chainsaw just lying on the ground, right next to him. That was easily acquired.

((On a five: "Hey, I was wearing those!"))

Capko Eagleson returned, ready to fuse his loot!

"Ha ha, sucker!"

Run back to the center circle and fuse my Wizard's Hat and Chicken dinner.

Capko arrived at the central pit. After making sure nobody was going to try and murderize him, he took the remains of his chicken dinner and the wizard hat he looted and tossed them into the fusion pit.

A steel mace thudded at Capko's feet, trailing dark fog.

Meanwhile, the Friend Cloak reconsidered host choices.
Quote from: Friend Cloak
That didn't happen. Anyways...

The Friend Cloak considered, looking over the fighters. Eventually, its gaze came to rest on (Dave Blade). Surely, hard to catch, but with all the loot he had, a worthy host.

Takedown!(4) vs. Dodge!(2)

The possessed Manticore's paw strike hit Dave Blade from behind.

Takedown!(3) vs. Resist!(4)

However, Dave Blade managed to wiggle out from underneath the Manticore's paw.

Hard to catch indeed...

Dave Blade knew this was the final showdown. Never mind the Manticore, Blue was the threat. He must not be allowed to heal.

"It would be more fitting if the hatchet played horrorcore."
Cruelly kick the bolo into the pit myself. Also toss in the hatchet to recieve a tier two loot.
Then pick up Blue's chainsaw from the ground because he had to drop it to use his hand.

Cruelty!(1) vs. Counter!(3)

Dave Blade took a stance, and kicked at the bolo.

Perhaps that wasn't the best choice of stance. He missed.

At least his golem picked up the chainsaw.

Frank... didn't actually post an action. I just made half the turn without noticing that one of my players didn't post an action. Well... um... I'll let you retcon an action in, I guess?

William A. Drango wanted to test his new loot.

Shoot Blue again, trying to only graze him. Hit my golden watch as well to make it a fancy golden arrow.

William tapped the stopwatch button again, and turned himself into gold... but found, to his dismay, that his stuff didn't turn gold with him.

Arrow!(3) vs. Dodge!(5-1=4)

Blue dodged the arrow... barely. He was teetering, now. The blood loss was getting to him...

The Amazing Blue had one FINAL STAND to make!
KICK IT IN THE PIIIIIT! ALL MY EFFORT, DO IT TO THE RHYTHM OF THE MUUSIIC! BECOME THE HAMM AGAIN, FOR ONE LAST TUUURN!!

HIIIIII.... YAAAAH!(2)

THE AMAZING BLUE took aim, with his uninjured leg, and the WORLD TILTED!

Or perhaps he just fell to the ground, his injured leg giving out.

... was this really how it was ALL GOING TO END?! NO!

Heroic Hammy Willpower!(3-1=2)

... or maybe, yes. Blue could feel the blood draining from his body. Everything was cold. Blue, distant relative of Rasputin, died.

Although he still managed to flip his finger at Dave Blade. He had enough willpower left for that, at least.
~~~
The waitlists that would normally have been pulled from for such a thing were empty. As such, the only player in wait, Spoopy the skeleton costume guy, appeared.

A scythe suddenly appeared in a flash of dark energy and dropped into his hand, entirely separate from the normal loot granting.

Spoopy knew that because a ritual dagger appeared in his other hand.
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BLUE THE SUPER DEAD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hatless Dark Wizard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoopy The Skeleton (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:44:26 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 44: Final Showdown
« Reply #444 on: October 16, 2017, 08:11:40 pm »

Invoke the fear powers of my scythe on a random enemy/innocent bystander, so that I can test them out.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 16, 2017, 08:17:39 pm »

"Well Raphael, do you want the bolo or the boots?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 16, 2017, 08:23:37 pm »

(Ah, sweet! I got some sort of bonus to medieval weaponry earlier, so I can put this mace to good use.)

Swing my mace at a random opponent in the center circle. Aim for the head

(If I die, add me to wait list B)
Insert witty signature here

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 16, 2017, 08:45:09 pm »

Invoke the fear powers of my scythe on a random enemy/innocent bystander, so that I can test them out.
((I'm going to be nice here and note that the scythe's fear blast thing only activates when you die, so I can spare you your turn.))
Generic Arms Race.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 16, 2017, 08:50:47 pm »

((Oopsies, thought I'd posted!))

Frank runs off and finds the Manticore! It's bludgeoning time!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 16, 2017, 08:53:25 pm »

((I'm going to be nice again and note that the Manticore is in the center circle with everyone. So you can get right to the bludgeoning... with your crossbow or with your chalice?))
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38