Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745540 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War! Turn 1!
« Reply #3105 on: November 17, 2017, 08:48:39 pm »

I'm thinking we should use the first of our three cards, yes?

I think probably not. Not only does loyalty seems maybe slightly less useful then treasury (although who knows how the cards will fall) but since unused cards add their cost to our resources, the choice isn't between nothing and making the trade, it's either gain two treasury or make the trade. One way we get two resources, the other way we get a net of one resource.

I think we (need too?) use charge to counter their battle tactics, then I think we should leave the other two cards out to get burned and recover the two treasury points.

So, I vote we use Charge! And that we don't use Dealings with the Friends Abroad.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: November 17, 2017, 08:53:30 pm »

Rules clarification, please:

If on our turn the Loyalists did not play a battle, and the Pretenders on their turn do, does that mean our opportunity to counter is the next play? Or did we miss it?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: November 17, 2017, 09:13:11 pm »

Card 3 gives good results for a high cost, card 1 has a better cost to effect ratio. Card 2 is kinda a wash, but if we discard card 3 we will be good in army terms, so no need to spend loyalty.

So, Card 1: Loyalist Regiments
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:15:59 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: November 17, 2017, 10:23:18 pm »

ATTENTION

Civil War is bad for our country. As much as we all may have our differences, I think we can all agree that this is self destructive and bad for our country.

We have bigger problems to worry about.

We should hold a second vote, in light of recent events. Whoever holds the most support will become the rightful ruler, and the other side shall immediately move to play the surrender card. We have massive enemies to the south, and a powerful and untrustworthy force to the north.  It it what is best for our country. It is what is best for our people.

In the game of war, the only winning move is not to play.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 17, 2017, 10:27:38 pm »

Yes, it will be a dangerous game that hurt the country in a critical moment.

That's why the loyalists need to surrender. A boy king controlled by a regent witch mother would ruin the kingdom in this critical moment. Luath has one of (I'm not sure which is better, it or the military buff) the best personal traits, not to mention clear support of our foreign allies, who we'll need if we are to stand up to the Holy Empire. We need a strong and charismatic leader at this time to forge the coalition that will save this region of the world from the empires expansion.

Imagine the grand armies of Cydwyl marching alongside the vast legions of Eldrican, the elite troops of Methiant forming the core of the combined forces. A mighty force that even the empire would fear, it's forging made only possibly by Luath's fiery charisma.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:30:37 pm by Criptfeind »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 17, 2017, 10:28:38 pm »

Yes, it will be a dangerous game that hurt the country in a critical moment.

That's why the loyalists need to surrender.
+1.
I agree with this.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: November 17, 2017, 10:29:20 pm »

Worried?

Loyalists for the win!

(Also, foreign allies are a bad thing in a civil war.)
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: November 17, 2017, 10:30:56 pm »

Please use a quote box to vote.

Quote from: Support
Pretenders Surrender: [1] : Milo christiansen
Loyalists Surrender: [2] : Puppyguard, Criptfeind

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: November 17, 2017, 10:33:23 pm »

Pretenders Surrender: [1] : Milo christiansen
Loyalists Surrender: [3] : Puppyguard, Criptfeind, ZBridges
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:42:30 pm by ZBridges »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:44 pm »

You will note that all the pushing for a new vote is coming from pretenders. Is someone worried they will lose?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:52 pm »

Pretenders Surrender: [2] : Milo christiansen, helmacon
Loyalists Surrender: [3] : Puppyguard, Criptfeind, ZBridges

Personally, after giving it some thought, I have to swap sides. While I think Luath is a better option, the Pretenders are the only ones with a surrender card to play at the moment. It is the fastest way to end the war.

@Milo, if we went with current support, pretenders outnumber you anyways. This is being generous.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: November 17, 2017, 10:38:02 pm »

I somewhat doubt that this will work, considering Haspen spent all that time setting up rules and cards for the civil war, and it can be shut down by one side just picking another card :p

That said - the main arguments against the prince and Segeda have had literally no basis. For one - people just randomly started saying demonspawn/illegitimate and calling Segeda a scheming bitch before anything had actually happened. It's sort of similar to the "WIZARDS" obsession :P There's been no indication of either, besides her saying that her husband/son should have the throne, which is legally theirs anyway, and still no indication of "demonspawn". As for regency, look back a bit - the last time we had one, it went fine. Actually, we ended up in a better position than when Yoe I died, and not just because of the war but also the competent regency - and mind that Segeda is educated, considering that we bought a big ol' library for her. So regency isn't doom.

Also I assume Helmacon means the traitors have a surrender card, because the loyalists don't. It's also a good reason.

Hence,

Pretenders Surrender: [3] : Milo christiansen, Helmacon, Twinwolf
Loyalists Surrender: [3] : Puppyguard, Criptfeind, Zbridges.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:40:29 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: November 17, 2017, 10:39:34 pm »

(Also, foreign allies are a bad thing in a civil war.)

No one wants the Eldricans to have undue influence over over Methiant. But I'd posit that the undue influence of the witch Segeda is both worse and a more pressing concern. Remember the Eldricans are our allies, or at least, will still be after Luath wins. And also remember that Yoe divorced Segeda for a reason, this is her trying to worm her way back into leadership of the kingdom.

In addition. For those of you worried about the security of the kingdom as a whole, do remember what the loyalists are fighting for. They want to put a four year old on the throne. At a time when Eldrica, Cydwyl, and the Empire are all ascendant? That'd do more damage to Methiant then this civil war ever could. There isn't any real victory other then a pretender victory.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: November 17, 2017, 10:40:39 pm »

Pretenders Surrender: [3] : Milo christiansen, Helmacon, Twinwolf
Loyalists Surrender: [4] : Puppyguard, Criptfeind, Zbridges, Maximum Spin.

All these "there's no evidence that the witch is evil / the son is not really his" arguments are missing a crucial point: Caesar's wife must be above suspicion. The fact that we suspect at all means they cannot be allowed to rule.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War!
« Reply #3119 on: November 17, 2017, 10:42:22 pm »

The regency wouldn't be that long anyway. If I've calculated Cyl's age right then he should be 13 ...

4 year old? Also, there is 0 evidence that Segeda is in any way "witchy".
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1087