Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745442 times)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War! Turn 1!
« Reply #3120 on: November 17, 2017, 10:42:38 pm »

I have to agree with Twinwolf not sure if the second vote will mean anything but well there is a reason that Loyal makes up most of the word Loyalist so I still support Cyl as King in this second vote. Also I'm pretty sure Cyl is 13? Will have to go check what year he was born in again to make sure though.

He was born in 1099 so he is 13/14.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:02:34 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War!
« Reply #3121 on: November 17, 2017, 10:44:38 pm »

Quote from: Support
Pretenders Surrender: [3] : Milo christiansen, Helmacon, Twinwolf
Loyalists Surrender: [4] : Puppyguard, Criptfeind, Zbridges, Maximum Spin.

All these "there's no evidence that the witch is evil / the son is not really his" arguments are missing a crucial point: Caesar's wife must be above suspicion. The fact that we suspect at all means they cannot be allowed to rule.

...I don't understand the point being made? You guys literally just randomly began to accuse. That logic, as far as I can interpret, would disqualify literally all previous wives and heirs, including Luath.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: November 17, 2017, 10:45:48 pm »

Please use quote box. Thank you.
Pretenders Surrender: [4] : Milo christiansen, Helmacon, Twinwolf, Prophet

Also, this isn't an appeal to Haspen to change the game. This is a player summit for the good of the nation. One side will (hopefully) agree to throw the game, through direct player actions.

Edit:
Also, She is definitely a witchy woman, but she is also very competent. We may not like her, but once she is in power it's her own country. Her witchy ways will be on our own side.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:50:01 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: November 17, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »

Oh, lol, I'm bad at math. That's a lot better then a four year old. Although still notably really really bad in this critical moment in history. Three great powers are rising, and we're literally in the middle of them.

...I don't understand the point being made? You guys literally just randomly began to accuse.

It wasn't really random that the wife who never slept with the king only became pregnant after she started hanging out with groups of "younger people"

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: November 17, 2017, 10:49:19 pm »

ATTENTION

Civil War is bad for our country. As much as we all may have our differences, I think we can all agree that this is self destructive and bad for our country.

We have bigger problems to worry about.

We should hold a second vote, in light of recent events. Whoever holds the most support will become the rightful ruler, and the other side shall immediately move to play the surrender card. We have massive enemies to the south, and a powerful and untrustworthy force to the north.  It it what is best for our country. It is what is best for our people.

In the game of war, the only winning move is not to play.

Haspen said we have three turns to play his fun card game before things begin to negatively impact Methiant.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Methiantese Civil War!
« Reply #3125 on: November 17, 2017, 10:51:20 pm »

Pretenders Surrender: [5] : Milo christiansen, Helmacon, Twinwolf, Prophet, Draignean

Also, I'm voting for the first and second loyalist cards to be played, but I have no strong opinion's on who should be our field marshal.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:55:30 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: November 17, 2017, 10:51:50 pm »

Oh, lol, I'm bad at math. That's a lot better then a four year old. Although still notably really really bad in this critical moment in history. Three great powers are rising, and we're literally in the middle of them.

...I don't understand the point being made? You guys literally just randomly began to accuse.

It wasn't really random that the wife who never slept with the king only became pregnant after she started hanging out with groups of "younger people"
I read that as, she's slept with him but not often. It would have been a far bigger deal if the kid had popped up without having ever slept with Yoe II.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: November 17, 2017, 10:53:21 pm »

Also I assume Helmacon means the traitors have a surrender card, because the loyalists don't. It's also a good reason.
Actually either side can forfeit by abstaining from play, the surrender card is just a formality.

Helmacon, the winning move is to get the other side not to play.

Criptfiend, if he ascends in wartime, isn't there a decent chance that Cyl will in fact be Martial? You don't know his trait yet you will condemn him for it?

Who is playing a dangerous game with our country: the heir and the rightful Queen Auvena whom Yoe chose, or the man who is bought with foreign gold? Maximum Spin, shall we not hold Caesar to as high a standard? This perfidy is proven!

Haspen rolled 1 for Civil War.
In any case, it seems we have three turns until permanent damage is done. If you want to quit early, why are you not laying down your own arms? Whose act is in your control?

Pretenders Surrender: [5] : Milo christiansen, Helmacon, Twinwolf, Prophet, Draignean
Loyalists Surrender: [4] : Puppyguard, Criptfeind, Zbridges, Maximum Spin
Continue: [1] : mightymushroom
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 10:58:10 pm by mightymushroom »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: November 17, 2017, 10:54:04 pm »

Someone always screws up the "add your vote to the box" thing. I don't know why people continue to try that, it just makes counting votes *harder* compared to everyone just stating a vote and counting up the statements.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: November 17, 2017, 10:58:57 pm »

It would help if I didn't have four new messages to sort out every time I wanted to post. Things got furious rather suddenly there.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: November 17, 2017, 10:59:21 pm »

I read that as, she's slept with him but not often. It would have been a far bigger deal if the kid had popped up without having ever slept with Yoe II.

Not every cuck wants to admit what's a mathematical certainty
Or maybe the state of sex education for sheltered princes in our kingdom is as bad as one would expect from a medieval country.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Criptfiend, if he ascends in wartime, isn't there a decent chance that Cyl will in fact be Martial? You don't know his trait yet you will condemn him for it?

Well, since every trait has always been rolled for (with some rare exceptions where I think we once managed to turn a wise heir into a genius heir? And then got him shipped off in a bus) sorta. It'd be nice of Cyl was martial or charismatic... But... Why take the chance when we can have someone we already know is charismatic?

Who is playing a dangerous game with our country: the heir and the rightful Queen Auvena whom Yoe chose, or the man who is bought with foreign gold? Maximum Spin, shall we not hold Caesar to as high a standard?

Auvena is certainly faithful. Can't fault her for that. But Luath is also the son of Yoe the first, he's a man backed by one of our greatest allies (which I think is not as bad a thing as people seem to point out... It's not like the empire is sending him cash.) and has already proven himself a highly faithful and good king. He wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the best of the kingdom. Which it truly truly is.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: November 17, 2017, 11:01:44 pm »

Anyway since I doubt that this is going to end with one side surrendering right now I'm going to add my vote to Draignean's suggestion of using the First and Second Loyalist Cards.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: November 17, 2017, 11:02:32 pm »

Anyway since I doubt that this is going to end with one side surrendering right now I'm going to add my vote to Draignean's suggestion of using the First and Second Loyalist Cards.

Agreed, and recycle the third. We need to appoint a marshal to make the decision final though, don't we?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: November 17, 2017, 11:04:24 pm »

It would help if I didn't have four new messages to sort out every time I wanted to post. Things got furious rather suddenly there.
It was actually Draignean who screwed it up before you.

he's a man backed by one of our greatest allies (which I think is not as bad a thing as people seem to point out... It's not like the empire is sending him cash.)
I think this is an actively good thing, personally. Hell, it'd be better if they were sending him cash. Then we'd have more cash.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: November 17, 2017, 11:07:33 pm »

I guess us true loyalists (since we're loyal to Methiant and it's royal line instead of a witch) the pretenders should talke a bit about the cards, since I think that got sorta buried by now. I think we need to play our third card to counter their attack. But the other two aren't worth playing and should be recycled.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1087