Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750209 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #3720 on: November 26, 2017, 04:23:28 pm »

The thing to think about - in her position, would we have done the same? The answer is probably yes, in all honesty. Look at our situation. If that were on her, would we want any part of it?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: November 26, 2017, 04:24:56 pm »

Honestly? No we would not do that. She has no other threats that she needs to worry about, no other wars.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: November 26, 2017, 04:27:27 pm »

Never said anything about going to war with her. Just that we should not forget nor forgive what she has done. Also I would have voted to keep supporting her if the situation was reversed.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: November 26, 2017, 04:28:32 pm »

Yeah, no war, just she had better make some kind of restitution.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: November 26, 2017, 04:30:07 pm »

No other threats, when we only recently had to loan her troops while she went off and fought a different war? The way I see it, if she stays in, and we go down, she needs to worry about what the dwarves would do, or what Gubta or Ceodowell would do once they come through, or if other rivals (like the ones I mentioned) would take advantage of her weakened state. I'm not saying it's an "honorable" decision, I'm saying it's an understandable one, and that we shouldn't go and try to provoke her for it.

Although if the argument is for some sort of repayment for this, I'm all for that. It's just the wording there is making it seem less like "ask for repayment" more "fuck her forever"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: November 26, 2017, 04:31:30 pm »

The thing to think about - in her position, would we have done the same? The answer is probably yes, in all honesty. Look at our situation. If that were on her, would we want any part of it?

I don't think so, considering how much we helped her it's frankly disappointing how she bowed out on us at the first sign of trouble.
We should have taken up those Noble proposal to get some of her territory, who would have thought that she was such a disloyal person?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: November 26, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »

A, A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: November 26, 2017, 04:35:17 pm »

AA

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: November 26, 2017, 04:36:26 pm »

I remember reading the calls of "Let's be Good King Yoe" back when the thread was fresh. And with the second Yoe, and I think even with Luath. But the tendency from certain quarters is to play as if every NPC is always out to screw us over and we need to screw them too, consequences be damned. Does this game have a hidden achievement for racking up kills that I don't know about?

How shamefully ironic if we entered into a war against the dwarves because they refused diplomatic negotiations, and then we ourselves utterly reject any terms.

We should have taken up those Noble proposal to get some of her territory, who would have thought that she was such a disloyal person?
Yeah, because a queen who is our staunchest ally for forty years and can't hold back an army of 3000 angry dwarves when her kingdom is at it's lowest point is so disloyal. ::)

I'll admit to being disappointed about the rumors of bribery, but, I repeat, not surprised nor angry.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:38:13 pm by mightymushroom »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: November 26, 2017, 04:39:31 pm »

B A
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: November 26, 2017, 04:39:53 pm »

then we ourselves utterly reject any terms.

TERMS!? What terms? They took our stuff, now they want to take more stuff because we were angry. That is not terms.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: November 26, 2017, 04:40:55 pm »

Few days after that, you receive a letter from your officers in Zasistost; the dwarves refused your demands. After another round of negotiation, the dwarves of the eastern citadel are willing however to send you some money as tribute in exchange for their continued independence.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: November 26, 2017, 04:42:14 pm »

Ha. No way. Some paltry tribute cannot pay for the sceptre. We made our demands, they said no.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: November 26, 2017, 04:43:40 pm »

Then what would have satisfied you? The choices in that post specifically included asking the restitution price of the scepter. I voted for it.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: November 26, 2017, 04:45:54 pm »

They had their chance to pay, they said no. It was too late for that. Their only choice after their continued insults was to bend a knee to us.

Now you want to throw it all away, and pay the dwarves tribute.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 1087