Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745454 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #9360 on: April 02, 2018, 05:32:59 am »

Revoke the Fireblood Court.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: April 02, 2018, 05:35:51 am »

Enact settlement policy

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: April 02, 2018, 05:36:25 am »

Revoke Recruitment Offices.

We're getting literally no benefit from them while paying a yearly cost and actually decreasing our military budget in the process. We can't afford the Settlement Policy yet because our budget is in a shambles, and the Fireblood Court has only begun to really pay off now (besides, our Empire was almost literally made on the back of the Thundercats and it'd feel a bit like a betrayal to leave them in the lurch now).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:36:45 am by Harry Baldman »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: April 02, 2018, 05:52:52 am »

Introduce Elective Succession Laws

We're getting literally no benefit from them while paying a yearly cost and actually decreasing our military budget in the process.

IIRC, we were told it cost nothing when we are at the cap.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: April 02, 2018, 06:11:59 am »

We're getting literally no benefit from them while paying a yearly cost and actually decreasing our military budget in the process. We can't afford the Settlement Policy yet because our budget is in a shambles, and the Fireblood Court has only begun to really pay off now (besides, our Empire was almost literally made on the back of the Thundercats and it'd feel a bit like a betrayal to leave them in the lurch now).

Not only
IIRC, we were told it cost nothing when we are at the cap.
but we were also told that the settlement policy is not a continuous drain, and, having just made our requisite budget cuts and tax increases, it seems like the smart thing to do is get that base expanded as soon as possible.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: April 02, 2018, 06:29:29 am »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: April 02, 2018, 06:30:02 am »

I only recall the bit where Haspen said it was a yearly drain, does anyone have a link to where he says it doesn't cost anything at cap? Because if that's the case, yeah, settlement policy would be the sensible choice instead.

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: April 02, 2018, 07:16:05 am »

Enact Settlement Policy. More people, more taxes.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: April 02, 2018, 07:32:06 am »

Revoke Recruitment Offices

Edit: Changing vote

Once we have that done, we can consider settlement policy. It may not cost much to keep around, but I fear the costs of starting it up can't be afforded right just this moment.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:00:59 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: April 02, 2018, 07:32:25 am »

Enact Settlement Policy. More people, more taxes.

No, it's been explained that it's higher density of people=more taxes, not more people in general. Unless something really weird happens the settlement policy is more likely to decrease taxes then increase it. It could, if we're lucky, lead to finding a resource to take for more income. Assuming the low density of people in the area wouldn't make that impossible as well.

Elective Succession lets just do it. Merging into Ceodwell should give us extra income.

In addition we should make the war that we totally freaking should have made last time instead of attacking some rando that we're not even that hostile with. And attack the guy who fucking owes us a billion dollars in silver and owns a mine of it on our border.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:35:09 am by Criptfeind »

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: April 02, 2018, 07:37:55 am »

I have so many questions before enacting settlement policy.

Enact Settlement Policy:
Guarantee that those willing to settle in previously undeveloped lands or territories yet unclaimed by any nation will be given a certain amount of money to help further their effort. However, this might cause a severe drain on the Treasury, especially during times of sudden, mass migrations to the countryside.

1) Is this mainly targeted at redistributing our people or attracting foreigners to move closer?

2) Do we even get a claim on the new territory? I have to assume so or else what are we paying for, but it doesn't actually say so. If they're discontented Methiantese, perhaps they'll set up their own state that just happens to share most of our culture and values at its start. If foreigners, perhaps they'll be grateful but not wish to be fully integrated – some sort of quasi-vassal at most.

3) Is it really a variable amount with "sudden, mass migration"? I would think it would be easier to put some regular money in a fund, first come first served sort of deal. We've done "regional improvements" before on a system of pay a few years, eventually get a yield of some sort (Zasitost, Tiftit, even central Methiant way way back).

4) Are we able to target a specific area, like the area between Tiftit and the northern Parsians, or even send all takers to homestead in Orcworld? Or do they just have to make an affidavit, "I swear on this non-denominational codice of Methiantese proverbs that I'm on my way to some wilderness"?

1. Both. People migrate much more into the country, slowly but steadily bringing the Population to 8, so you no longer need a chain of conquests, good harvests and festivals to bump it up.

2. They are sponsored by the Crown, thus they have to respond to the Crown. They would be almost 'next door', after all.

3. The moment you send 'colonists' to settle a specific area, you get a 1 drain. Otherwise, the policy is free (you might get extra events, too).

4. Yes, but even then you will get prompts that 'people want to move to unclaimed lands of X, pls sponsor per Policy guarantee'.

Word of god on settlement policy.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: April 02, 2018, 07:40:43 am »

Oh, I looked back, we're at 7 pop, for some reason I thought we were already on 8.

Still keeping my vote, the ability to just pick our heir seems too good to pass up.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: April 02, 2018, 07:54:30 am »

Elective Succession.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: April 02, 2018, 08:14:18 am »

Elective Succession.
or
Enact Settlement Policy so we can get a bonus tax next year

just don't wanna to revoke nothing right now

someone can count our budget again? I got lost right now how much money we are losing/gaining after we lost to rucus
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: April 02, 2018, 08:25:33 am »

I really don't think we need to piss off the nobility right now.

Besides, the correct heir is already our heir right now.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 1087