Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 866 867 [868] 869 870 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750179 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #13005 on: July 22, 2018, 05:40:49 am »

They'll probably be terrified at this new threat to their power. That's why I suggest we focus on being diplomatic, setting up trade deals, alliances, etc. This integration will double the size of an already powerful empire, and they will be terrified, but this integration has been slowly inching towards completion for so long it would be foolish to go back and waste all that effort. I'd say a period of peace and diplomacy lasting at least 10~ years would be ideal, which is another reason why I'm choosing Cyl, if we die he is a diplomatic king, something that will probably be needed to write the letters to any who do want to rebel. After a period of peace and establishing ourselves diplomatically I'd then suggest following up on some old wars that happened against Hellsite or Albion. Of course, if it is true that Eldrica is in with Lamentia, Rucus and all them that that does effectively bar off any expansion to the south or west, especially if Eldrica has dwarven steel. Though if they attacks us and we have more than a pyrrhic victory that would obviously complicate and change things.

Also, replying to an earlier post you made, if it is just iron and copper in the Northern Mountains then we can either do some trading with it or the tools we can make from it. Speaking of the Northern Mountains, I feel like they're going to need renaming once our cartographers explore past them, since it'd be rather odd to have the Northern mountains right in the middle of the map.
on the diplomatic part I agree with you

About the northern mountains it might be the case that sky iron crashed and embedded it self in the rock if that is the case we might have the equivalent of a gold rush also remember that (I think this planet is mostly water I’m not sure) the northern ocean might have loads of sky iron deep beneath the waves.

Which we can use to buy off the dwarfs.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 05:57:30 am by Basil ii »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13006 on: July 22, 2018, 06:00:21 am »

What makes you think that there's any significant amount of sky iron anywhere that you're purpose it'd be? Remembering that in the past any amount of it we've gotten has been in tiny chunks... What evidence do you have for supposing the existence of it in such vast quantities in these areas?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13007 on: July 22, 2018, 06:03:20 am »

If sky iron crashed in the mountains and no one else got it first, the dwarves probably have it by now. And getting sky iron from the bottom of the ocean... that might something that takes a few hundred years to do, but if we started doing it first we would basically be the best friend of the dwarves, so probably a very long term thing. And my idea with the dwarves is that whenever we're doing really good economy wise we just give them some money, since it has been said multiple times that the best way to make them like us is to shower them with gold. If we give them gold for long enough, not alot mind you, probably 2 or 3 economy points every couple years, we could get a second chance at dwarven steel, which would be a huge improvement to our already powerful army. Of course, this plan does also require that we manage to get our economy in a good position, which should hopefully be achieved either once we've integrated Cydwyl or once we start trading during the ideal peace period after the integration.

Fakeedit: And yeah, I was about to mention the same thing before it was posted before I finished this post. Even if there is sky iron in the ocean, it is probably in random small chunks that might not be worth the effort to develop whole new technology for exploring the floor of the ocean.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13008 on: July 22, 2018, 06:04:18 am »

What makes you think that there's any significant amount of sky iron anywhere that you're purpose it'd be? Remembering that in the past any amount of it we've gotten has been in tiny chunks... What evidence do you have for supposing the existence of it in such vast quantities in these areas?
note the use of the word might in my post there probably isn’t any

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13009 on: July 22, 2018, 06:05:28 am »

Well, after many, many years of history have passed there is bound to atleast be some in there, but what I'm saying is that it probably won't be worth the effort to harvest it any time soon.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13010 on: July 22, 2018, 06:13:03 am »

If sky iron crashed in the mountains and no one else got it first, the dwarves probably have it by now. And getting sky iron from the bottom of the ocean... that might something that takes a few hundred years to do, but if we started doing it first we would basically be the best friend of the dwarves, so probably a very long term thing. And my idea with the dwarves is that whenever we're doing really good economy wise we just give them some money, since it has been said multiple times that the best way to make them like us is to shower them with gold. If we give them gold for long enough, not alot mind you, probably 2 or 3 economy points every couple years, we could get a second chance at dwarven steel, which would be a huge improvement to our already powerful army. Of course, this plan does also require that we manage to get our economy in a good position, which should hopefully be achieved either once we've integrated Cydwyl or once we start trading during the ideal peace period after the integration.

Fakeedit: And yeah, I was about to mention the same thing before it was posted before I finished this post. Even if there is sky iron in the ocean, it is probably in random small chunks that might not be worth the effort to develop whole new technology for exploring the floor of the ocean.
about the technology part there maybe is an artifacts for this
You remember that artifacts can effect a entire army what about army of swimmers  this theoretical artifact can effect like protecting themselves from water pressure lack of oxygen the biting cold of course. But the main threats are pirates and sea beasts.
This was mainly to see what our options are in the future and the biggest reason why I wrote this is that it’s fun to speculate.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 06:25:31 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13011 on: July 22, 2018, 06:26:35 am »

The effects lessens the larger the area it has to effect, but that might actually be a good idea to ask the dwarves for some sort of waterbreathing artifact that let's a very large group of swimmers go on underwater expeditions for sky iron that's fallen to the bottom of the ocean. Might take a while to train all the people to swim, and there is a risk of some sort of sea monster destroying the artifact or the person carrying it, but it might very well be worth looking into the next time we have a chance to ask the dwarves for an artifact.

Actually, what kind of object would it be? Sea Shell? Trident? I'm leaning towards trident, since then the person wielding it could at least defend themselves to some extent. I'd say it has to be something involving water though, just to kind of keep with the theme. After all, a clock of water breathing isn't quite the same.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13012 on: July 22, 2018, 06:45:03 am »

The effects lessens the larger the area it has to effect, but that might actually be a good idea to ask the dwarves for some sort of waterbreathing artifact that let's a very large group of swimmers go on underwater expeditions for sky iron that's fallen to the bottom of the ocean. Might take a while to train all the people to swim, and there is a risk of some sort of sea monster destroying the artifact or the person carrying it, but it might very well be worth looking into the next time we have a chance to ask the dwarves for an artifact.

Actually, what kind of object would it be? Sea Shell? Trident? I'm leaning towards trident, since then the person wielding it could at least defend themselves to some extent. I'd say it has to be something involving water though, just to kind of keep with the theme. After all, a clock of water breathing isn't quite the same.
about the swimmers we could hire sailors form Albion as it most likely they have some experience dealing with water. We could also go the sorceress route of getting a magical sea beast to fish it up for us though I would not go that route since sorcery has bad after effects.

As for the shape of the the weaponry I would go with an harpoon since trident extra point bits get in the way when you maneuver I also think that’s it is better to equip harpoons (not artifacts mind you the cost would be to great.) Made out of bronze iron rust over time so why not bronze.

As for the artifacts why not a magical water urn or flask that the sailors drink from to gain the magical effect
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 07:03:13 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13013 on: July 22, 2018, 07:10:22 am »

I actually recently learnt that most great sea faring nations tended to be worse swimmers than landlocked nations or nations that didn't use the water to their advantage, not sure why though. Probably has something to do with being more focused on moving the ship and not really needing to swim since being a good sea faring nation usually means you have good boats, or maybe it's just pure chance.

As for the harpoon, eeeeh. I'm not how effective a ranged weapon will be that deep under the ocean with the massive pressure of the water on it. And besides, the artifact doesn't even need to be a weapon. Actually, I just had an idea, what if the artifact literally just keeps the water so you can have relatively well armoured troops lead expeditions deep underwater? That would also mean that any sea creatures that got too close would probably start choking in the bubble of air, lessening the effect massive, deadly sea creatures have on the expeditions. Then again the dwarves might of already made artifacts like this long ago, but hey, atleast we would be the first humans to lead expeditions on the bottom of the ocean floor. As for what the artifact is made out of, I imagine being a dwarven artifact full of magic means it doesn't have the issue of deterioration, at least not until MUCH later on when magic no longer exists, but that's just a given.

Edit: A magical urn or water flask seems highly inefficient, since it might have a limited effect depending on how full it is, an artifact that has a proper area of effect like the one I suggested is much more useful. It would also take forever to have a meaningful amount of people to drink out of it before the expedition starts, since at least 100 people be good for an expedition in my opinion.

Editdit: Also for us to be able to send expeditions into ocean would require for us to either declare war against Albion or Hellsite, preferably Hellsite since we still don't know just how much Albion controls that we can't see.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 07:15:23 am by TankKit »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13014 on: July 22, 2018, 07:17:22 am »

I actually recently learnt that most great sea faring nations tended to be worse swimmers than landlocked nations or nations that didn't use the water to their advantage, not sure why though. Probably has something to do with being more focused on moving the ship and not really needing to swim since being a good sea faring nation usually means you have good boats, or maybe it's just pure chance.

As for the harpoon, eeeeh. I'm not how effective a ranged weapon will be that deep under the ocean with the massive pressure of the water on it. And besides, the artifact doesn't even need to be a weapon. Actually, I just had an idea, what if the artifact literally just keeps the water so you can have relatively well armoured troops lead expeditions deep underwater? That would also mean that any sea creatures that got too close would probably start choking in the bubble of air, lessening the effect massive, deadly sea creatures have on the expeditions. Then again the dwarves might of already made artifacts like this long ago, but hey, atleast we would be the first humans to lead expeditions on the bottom of the ocean floor. As for what the artifact is made out of, I imagine being a dwarven artifact full of magic means it doesn't have the issue of deterioration, at least not until MUCH later on when magic no longer exists, but that's just a given.
a) wow thanks for the new fact b) yep that’s what I meant say with the magical urn maybe a magical amulet

About magic disappearing remember how one of our emperors had a prophetic dream about the sky of methiant turning purple and our people becoming monsters magic might make a return for good or ill

Hellsite are our allies so it should be okay
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 07:22:40 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13015 on: July 22, 2018, 07:49:31 am »

Ah, of course, forgot about that, and also realized we could try going through the mountains into the little area in between the mountains. So yeah, either we go through the mountains and get to the Saltsand Waters that way, we attack someone next to the ocean, or we diplomacy our way into getting Hellsite to allow us to send expeditions through their land. I would personally say sending an expedition to colonize the area just inside the mountains is a good idea, and the diplomacy is good if Ruberta does die and Cyl takes control.

I remember that prophetic dream, but not which date we chose. The date we chose is actually quite important, since it could easily render any and all planning useless beyond that point. I think we chose 1300? Also, when I say 'much later on' about magic disapearing I mean around the 2000s, so yeah, a lot later on. Speaking of that event, I'd say we should either try to find a way to make sure it doesn't happen or we make sure everything is maxed when it's about to happen, because otherwise Methiant might be absolutely doomed.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13016 on: July 22, 2018, 08:06:38 am »

Ah, of course, forgot about that, and also realized we could try going through the mountains into the little area in between the mountains. So yeah, either we go through the mountains and get to the Saltsand Waters that way, we attack someone next to the ocean, or we diplomacy our way into getting Hellsite to allow us to send expeditions through their land. I would personally say sending an expedition to colonize the area just inside the mountains is a good idea, and the diplomacy is good if Ruberta does die and Cyl takes control.

I remember that prophetic dream, but not which date we chose. The date we chose is actually quite important, since it could easily render any and all planning useless beyond that point. I think we chose 1300? Also, when I say 'much later on' about magic disapearing I mean around the 2000s, so yeah, a lot later on. Speaking of that event, I'd say we should either try to find a way to make sure it doesn't happen or we make sure everything is maxed when it's about to happen, because otherwise Methiant might be absolutely doomed.
it was 1300 you are right

Poor mainland methiant the magic storm will war the ecosystem or even destroy it
That’s why we need new land faraway from this entire continent if things go really bad for this world we might have to do a massive migration to the orc world.
What resources might the orc world have i mean only the jungle seems to have potential for timber exotic fruits and hides of strange beasts but the rest of it? The savages are welcome to it (unless we find gold or noble metals in the endless desert)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:27:49 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13017 on: July 22, 2018, 08:37:43 am »

I think it was mentioned that there is a plains area and a jungle area we could potentially try to inhabit, but we would probably have to fight off the orcs and the ur-uks, not to mention society itself would probably change massively if there was a lack of easily obtainable ores. Also, I don't think the magic storm of doom will completely destroy it, but it will likely require a good amount of planning and making sure we have max stats in the years leading up to, since I doubt it will be completely sudden. I'd say we should spend the 20~ years leading up to/before it just making sure we'll be ready.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13018 on: July 22, 2018, 08:46:36 am »

I think it was mentioned that there is a plains area and a jungle area we could potentially try to inhabit, but we would probably have to fight off the orcs and the ur-uks, not to mention society itself would probably change massively if there was a lack of easily obtainable ores. Also, I don't think the magic storm of doom will completely destroy it, but it will likely require a good amount of planning and making sure we have max stats in the years leading up to, since I doubt it will be completely sudden. I'd say we should spend the 20~ years leading up to/before it just making sure we'll be ready.
a)about the ore issue your right

B) we should regardless build settlements anywhere where we can more settlements more population
More resources and more chances for survival

C)in the case the magical storm We might see our artifacts explode from sheer magical energy bursting out. or maybe becoming more powerful but more likely exploding.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:56:05 am by Basil ii »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13019 on: July 22, 2018, 08:58:11 am »

Maybe our artifacts will explode, maybe they won't. We'll see.

And yeah, a colonization expedition into the Orcworld would be nice once we've dealt with those Ur-uk. That might be a good task to give our army when they start getting annoyed at not being used enough.

Pages: 1 ... 866 867 [868] 869 870 ... 1087