Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Hailquake - The game of influence - players needed!  (Read 8071 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Hailquake - The game of influence - Dwarves wanted!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 03:23:35 am »

Okay. That's right.

I vote we keep our current mayor

Same, but I would prefer to not have a major at all.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 03:54:49 am »

Vote for Mayor: Cathar
Very eager with the petition hehe but no actions until we get 4 dwarves and the game starts, probably better to make the petition a separate post too.
(also as a council member you dont have to petition you just have to call a vote among your fellow council members to give yourself the position)
Call an election: Militia Commander
Nominate Militia Commander: FakerFangirl
As Militia Commander I would teach people how to wield a battleaxe, dodge incoming attacks, and strike enemies. I would protect the fort from thieves and vermin with my battle axe & wooden shield, and I would provide a wooden training axe to nine civilians, who will train under me during Moonstone, Opal, and Obsidian. When we can afford better weapons from the trader, our militia will be know how to use them. The goblins will not take us by surprise! In the long-term, I plan to become a grand master axedwarf, and run joint-training sessions between the captain of the guard and militia, so that we can have twenty battle-ready fighters.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 05:13:35 am »

Of course I'll vote vor myself.

I will also acclaim Spriggans for his loyalty and support.
I will also vote for FakerFangirl to the position of Commender.

If my general ruling as a mayor still holds, I'd like the militia main barracks to be constructed outside to serve as a shield against foreign invasions (and prevent cave adaptation, deadly in warfare)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:16:47 am by Cathar »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 05:41:23 am »

Votes for mayor: Cathar:4
that's a majority of current players, so the vote passes! Cathar is reelected and gains 5 influence
Vote for fakerfangirl to be come militia commander 2/2 needed
the vote passes fakerfangirl becomes militia commander and gains 3 influence
Vote to dissolve the position of mayor
1 against 1 for
@fakerfangirl please vote on this issue
Cathar acclaims spriggans
agreeing: 1 disagreeing: 0
(OOC: for votes like this that include everyone i'll allow until 12 hours after the last vote to close it
also fakerfangirl minor thing, I didn't mean call an election (3.1.6) thats only for electable positions (only mayor at this time) i meant call a vote as per 4.1.1)
Edit - thought fakerfangirl had voted they hadnt
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:04:55 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2017, 06:52:50 am »

I will also acclaim Spriggans for his loyalty and support.
Yours truly, my mayor :P
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Hailquake - The game of influence - needs more dwarf
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2017, 07:01:43 am »

It's also obvious I'll vote against the petition to dissolve my position. We're in this together, no need to destroy our fantastic hierarchical system that incidently - just happens by sheer chance to -puts me on top. As I representative of the people, when I win, everyone wins !

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2017, 07:02:36 am »

you can't, that's only for council members to vote on. 
I approve of you expressing your disagreement though
edit - also it's already resolved dont worry it failed
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:07:45 am by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2017, 07:10:23 am »

@Cathar : What shall we do of the metals ?
We have Gold and Iron, and potentially Steel (because marble).

Should we exploit it ?
If so, how ? Go iron/steel weapons or gold crafts ?

You're the mayor, you choose.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2017, 07:11:06 am »

I already took the liberty of making some steel and using it for goblets, more is on the way

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2017, 07:18:50 am »

I'd like to use some of the spare steel to make battle axes and chainmails - I love chainmails!. This is perfect for equipping Faker's squad and get the training to work ! For gobblets, wouldnt it be better if I work on them myself out of wood? I need to get my crafting hand ready for my dream of creating a masterwork.

As for gold, I'd rather wait a bit for our metalworkers to get really good before we start and use it. Masterwork golden statues will be fantastic for our fort standing in the long run
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:20:43 am by Cathar »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2017, 07:45:32 am »

Just realised a bit of an unfortunate wrinkle in the rules.. if you hire peasants to assasinate someone it might be obvious who it was if you're keeping an eye on influence because your influence will go down.  Any ideas for alternative penalties that arent as obvious anyone?
also @ spriggans and snow may i remind you we are still voting for the next mayor (if spriggans succeeds in keeping it around)
so please cast your vote unless you want to abstain (although this might just be a formality because i think everyone else already has a position so can't take it.. but still)

Let it stay that way... people will have to give up peasants for perfect stealth and detective work can turn something up for the sharp-eyed.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2017, 07:47:47 am »

blueturtle since you're here do you care to agree or disagree to acclaim spriggans
agreeing 1 disagreeing 0

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2017, 07:55:06 am »

blueturtle since you're here do you care to agree or disagree to acclaim spriggans
agreeing 1 disagreeing 0

Who exactly started this motion? For what reason? Is the GM allowed to play/intervene?

I abstain pending further explanation.

I also have almost no opinion on the mayor... save that dwarves are kind of supposed to live underground and overground construction might take up valuable time. It could be a net gain for defense, though.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2017, 07:59:51 am »

sorry,
Cathar acclaims spriggans
I certainly don't intend to interfere if i can avoid it, you can abstain if you want to though (keep in mind if you want cathar to lose influence disagreeing might result in that happening)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 09:00:51 am »

Oh, well, explanations when explanations are due.
As a mayor, I wish to create a climate of trust and political stability, and as such I wish to reward behaviors that I deem are moving toward the right direction. Spriggans pretty much stopped the motion that would leave the council as the sole master of the fortress with no counterpower, which is not healthy for the community, therefore I think his behavior is worthy of praise.

I am conscious I am mayor by default, and the conditions for me staying in power relies mostly in nothing awefully wrong happening. Likewise, my own glory is organically linked to the glory of the fortress, and I can only shine if the fort shines, so I have no conflict of interest.

If people by in large want me to step down from my position, I will - but since they do not, I feel I have a duty to return favors, hence my praises. I'd be glad if my brothers join me in this acclamation, more will follow, so we can mutually increase our standing.

Edit : Are you sure it costs me prestige to have people disagree on an acclaim? It doesnt say so in the rules. I don't mind either ay but can you update the rules so I know precisely the effects of my actions?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:42:17 pm by Cathar »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7