Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167185 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Cooking with Rotting Chef [6/6]
« Reply #510 on: July 13, 2017, 07:02:40 pm »

Loot the Cook's corpse, then go over to Quiz and Pguhyuh and translate the book, then claim it as mine.

I hereby claim this book by virtue of being the only one who can read it.

Demonic Familiarity- I gain a bonus for every demonic item I have, and an extra bonus for being in an area of demonic aura.
You cant translate the book, Its not demonic.

Also, for my new skill I want Arcane Mastery: Arcane damage will never cause positive effects on undead
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:05:15 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 13, 2017, 07:06:25 pm »

It's an ancient mix of human and demonic, trust me, odds are I can translate it, and it would be of no use to Pguhyuh, as he can't.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 13, 2017, 07:11:21 pm »

It's an ancient mix of human and demonic, trust me, odds are I can translate it, and it would be of no use to Pguhyuh, as he can't.
You are aware that the reason he was unable to translate was a bad roll, right? It's not assured for you either.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 13, 2017, 07:14:46 pm »

Yes, but by the same randim chance I could understand it, forbidding me from even trying just hurts the group as a whole.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:24:06 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 13, 2017, 07:23:28 pm »

Even still, it was stupid and petty of you not to give me a chance.
Why are you being like that, is not like I need to translate it to use it and you go and just take it for yourself. At least im trying to ask him now. You already have fire damage. Maybe if its not that useful for me I will give it to you.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 13, 2017, 07:25:01 pm »

I changed because I was just mad, I realize that what I said was immature and changed it to something better.

-We were promised an item that turned arcane damage to fire damage, you can have that.

-My fire damage is 10 damage. Should I not get any loot, then I'll be forced to stay in back as I have to rely on skill to deal any more than 10 damage a turn, not to mention missing which I did both times against the cook. I may be able to do three types of damage, but all are 10, the only way to consistently increase it beyond 10 only works for my dark magic.

-Without new loot, I'll never be able to deal enough damage to be worthy of loot according to Dustin.

-If I ever get new loot, it will be hand me downs, keeping me permanently one step behind everyone else.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:45:55 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 13, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

"At this rate Neither of you are going to have it. Not even a shred of common decency between both of you."
put the book in my bag and keep it there till some people know common decency among the demonologists. Take the strange flamberge and offer it to Aaron.
"you look like you're developing a bit of a skin rash. Might want to get it checked out when you have a chance. Also, I'm no expert on dragons, but I know you worship them. Maybe you can put this blade to good use?"
keep the amulet to myself for now. I have a feeling it is not an artifact of good intent.
Part 1: What, precisely, prompted you to decide that they had no decency? And why are you keeping SM from having it? There's no real point in not letting him try to translate, and as he's stated, he currently has no good way to help out in combat. Having the book would certainly help with that.

As for the second part:
Heh. It's the blessing of the Dragons, not some kind of "rash".
As for that sword... ah, yes, this here is quite nice.
Right here, mates, you're looking at the Dragonruler's Greatsword. Certainly powerful in its own right-
(here meaning 80 phys and 20 fire damage) -it also grants the power of the Red Dragons to any wielder of Draconic descent. Fire breath, burning weapons, the power to turn into a dragon - the fact that the Duke could harness its powers speaks wonders of his bloodline. 'Tis a shame he died.

Anyway, I'm afraid that you won't be able to use it at its full utility. May I?

[Full stat profile, as PM'd to me by Dark One:
Dragonruler Greatsword belonged to a man that in the ages past believed himself to be a dragon cast out from fortresses atop highest mountain peaks and closed within human body. The sword allowed one to use powers of fire-breathing dragons and even assume a dragon form, but only for those who were descendants of dragons.

Stats:
80 physical damage
20 fire damage
Slow
Powerful slashes

This unique item adds following skills:
Dragon form - allows to turn into a humanoid dragon for 4 turns and gives +2 to all rolls, 6 turns cooldown
Fire dancer - several next slashes would forward flame waves of 40 fire damage and doubled physical damage, effect lasts 1 turn, 4 turns cooldown
Fire breathing - allows one to breath fire like a dragon for 2 turns, dealing 80 fire damage, 6 turns cooldown]

EDIT: First off, as stated earlier, shouldn't the fallen angel get included in the "enemy types" spoiler?
Also, does anyone have any ideas for what the focus of my subclass should be, and what it should be called?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 08:15:03 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 13, 2017, 08:39:31 pm »

-Without new loot, I'll never be able to deal enough damage to be worthy of loot according to Dustin.
Excuse me?

1, damage has nothing to do with holding on to loot I took from the duke. That was because I fought him solo to keep the rest of you from harm.

2, I WOULD share loot more readily if people remembered that manners do still exist to some extent, or at the very least wait for me to decide who needs it most instead of basically screeching "gimme" at every opportunity when I do find something others want. The word "please" or asking politely do go a long way. This goes true both ICLY and OOCLY.

Anyway, I was going to make the case that you needed it more,buuuut...

Fake edit: also, just to be clear, after I give away both the dragonruler greatsword and the tome, I will be out-DPS'd by half of the team, with Dennis and Jeremiah being on the lower end.
don't complain about your low damage output so readily.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 13, 2017, 08:51:49 pm »

You managed to take down the Duke single handedly, don't complain about being outclassed so readily. Also, I happen to understand manners, I was checking the corpses to see the loot and would then hand it out to who could use it most as I already said, not to mention the moment you said you didn't want me to check the corpse, I backed off and didn't even question you. One last thing, after wandering alone, with his only company the monsters and demons, after his village was destroyed and all his friends and family killed, what use would Lysander have for manners?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 13, 2017, 08:53:33 pm »

Fake edit: also, just to be clear, after I give away both the dragonruler greatsword and the tome, I will be out-DPS'd by half of the team, with Dennis and Jeremiah being on the lower end.
don't complain about your low damage output so readily.
Dennis does 40 damage, and has abilities that let him do significantly more, as well as get guaranteed 6's. Jeremiah, meanwhile, also does 40 damage, has an ability that lets him do 10 more, and is mainly set up as a healer and buffer. SM, meanwhile, can't do more than that on a turn, and that's only once every 4 turns; otherwise, it's at most 20 a turn, and that's if there's no resistances. I think he has the right to complain about his damage output.
EDIT: Zombies have a bite attack that deals 20 damage. SM is at the same class as basic zombies.

Also...
2, I WOULD share loot more readily if people remembered that manners do still exist to some extent, or at the very least wait for me to decide who needs it most instead of basically screeching "gimme" at every opportunity when I do find something others want. The word "please" or asking politely do go a long way. This goes true both ICLY and OOCLY.
I'm sorry, but who put you in charge of deciding who needs what most? It's a Demonologist item, you should let them figure it out between the two of them. I feel that when there is an item that's clearly meant for a certain class (or set of classes), then members of other classes shouldn't really be interfering with their ability to use the item - especially if they do so by preventing any of the intended users from using it.

We need to work as a group; holding grudges doesn't help that. Sure, you can berate them OOC. Sure, if someone is being actively unhelpful in-game, feel free to neglect their needs in-game. But don't do things that prevent the team as a whole from acting at full capacity.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:05:44 pm by Glass »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 13, 2017, 09:10:32 pm »

Glass,
First off, I have pretty good sense of judgement when it comes to passing out items, even without the forced "identification" requirement put on some of these. I try to balance my abilities so that I am neither fragile nor excessively deadly. Heck, dark one actually has been arguing for buffing some of the abilities I propose on occasion.

If I can reliably maintain balance there, what is to say I can't do it for a boss battle's worth of loot? Additionally, once again, it's my loot. In theory I could say "screw that, I'm keeping the sword" now that I know what it's stats and limitations are, but does that mean I am going to? No, I have common sense, and common sense says that Aaron is the person that can make the most of it, followed by Dennis if for some reason Aaron were to die.

Also, manners are always important in an apocalyptic situation, they're one of the last ties of humanity most people will have between eachother. If you're going to survive, you want to get along with the people you are surviving with, or pray you don't encounter something you won't be able to handle on your own.

Also, I would like to point out that most items are usable regardless of who wields them. The only limitation imposed is that they may not reach full effectiveness if they are not used by the correct class. The severity of this penalty is unknown as of yet, and so far we have not reached any situation where it would be noticeable.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 13, 2017, 09:15:50 pm »

Also, I would like to point out that most items are usable regardless of who wields them. The only limitation imposed is that they may not reach full effectiveness if they are not used by the correct class. The severity of this penalty is unknown as of yet, and so far we have not reached any situation where it would be noticeable.
It probably varies by class and item. For example, you or I could likely use the Dennis's pitchfork well enough (disregarding only doing 10 damage), as we're both used to using far heavier equipment, but I don't really think Dennis could use a greatsword all too well (may have changed with dukehood, but who knows). Meanwhile, I don't think that you or NRDL could use the arcane book bound in human skin, since you're both holy people; the magic would probably backfire in some way or another. Similarly, I doubt that the demonologists (or myself in spirit mode) could use NRDL's holy symbol very well, as they both derive the power from demonic sources, essentially the opposite of holiness.

EDIT: SM just told me he'll be unable to play until Saturday morning - from the time of this post, about 33 hours. He said that Dark One can control his character if a turn occurs during that time.
EDIT2: So, this leaves EP as the last person that needs to post a turn.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:32:29 pm by Glass »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 13, 2017, 10:25:37 pm »

((Posting to watch, and will be creating a character to go in the wait list))

Edit: Was about to suggest an alchemist class cause I thought it would be fun, but couldn't think of any actual equipment. So im gonna do wanderer and pick up alchemy-y type abilities as/if I level up once I get in, if it's ok with DarkOne

Spoiler: Vivian MacFurich (click to show/hide)

Edit: Fixed some grammar on the sheet

Edit: This Character application is no longer in use
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:15:19 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 13, 2017, 10:38:03 pm »

Edit: Was about to suggest an alchemist class cause I thought it would be fun, but couldn't think of any actual equipment. So im gonna do wanderer and pick up alchemy-y type abilities as/if I level up once I get in, if it's ok with DarkOne
Dark One is OK with pretty much anything. My very first level-up gave me the ability to turn intangible, which I'm pretty sure put me at the top of the power level in the group, despite being lower level than some of our other guys at the time. One level-up could probably get you some very potent item-crafting abilities.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 13, 2017, 10:42:45 pm »

By the way, I see absolutely no reason why the normal crossbow should exist on the wanderer, the Holy crossbow is just better
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 166