Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167710 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - For whom the bell tolls [10/10]
« Reply #1545 on: October 05, 2017, 04:05:06 pm »

Now I have questions. If he is a dark spirit/undead mix, how does his type interact with my abilities? Will I be able to use them against him effectively, or am I dead on the water until he is exorcised?

You get a bonus for him being undead, and get a penalty for him being dark spirit at the same time. So it's -1 for you. You can destroy it's physical part, but then spiritual one remains - just like with darkfallen.

Removes all evil, corruption and/or taint of an undead, dark spirit or demon. They will regain their sanity, memories and minds, returning to what they used to be (not physically, but mentally and spiritually. They will still be undead/demon/dark spirit). 6 turns cooldowns
Pguhyah's skill can, in fact, do that.

Also, drawing aggro and preparing for an attack are legitimate actions, yes? And the auto-rolled 1s still get our usual modifiers to our rolls? And he still has to hit us in order to deal damage?
Those are all correct, yes?

Because I think I can make this happen without worrying about anyone dying.

Pguhyuh's skill removes evil, corruption and taint, not curse. Corruption is a different thing, it's mostly present in the environment and on objects, like the Sun is blackened due to corruption.

Yes to actions, yes to modifiers and no for damage. He can cast dark storm and fry you from afar.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 05, 2017, 04:20:36 pm »

What about abilities like siphon undead? Do I suffer a -1 to it's rolls but otherwise have unrestricted usage? Does any of the damage transfered affect the spiritual part?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 05, 2017, 04:27:39 pm »

When I said "hit", I meant "beat us on the attack roll". And the ability still removes all the taint; the curse might work on trying to force him back, but it gives us time to remove the curse.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 05, 2017, 04:54:11 pm »

Next level up im enchancing that skill to also remove sins, curses, sickness, plague, godhood, doom, pain, ugly stuff, bad karma, the color black and voodoo magic.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 05, 2017, 05:04:01 pm »

Next level up im enchancing that skill to also remove sins, curses, sickness, plague, godhood, doom, pain, ugly stuff, bad karma, the color black and voodoo magic.
Next level up occurs soon, because Dread Knight guy is probably dying this coming turn, and next turn after that otherwise.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 06, 2017, 02:27:34 pm »

Turn 67

[4] Wanderer carefully moved out of shrubs and bushes to investigate the graveyard. Keeping a lot of distance from the open grave-trap, he crept forward as silently as he could. Renald quickly found out that presence of dark spirits caused undead to rise, and that there is a powerful spirit in crypts below nearby chapel.

[1] We should expect company. I have a feeling the undead mage is near. - Reynald said to demigoddess, trying to keep an eye on the undead flock and locate any enemies on the ground. Suddenly something heavy flewn above them; it almost made the gargoyle change it's flight level. A rotting, undead dragon!

[2 +4] Aaron hastily shifted into a shadow dragon!

[Dread Knight Kupameth: 6 +2] The wraith raised some kind of a charm - a strange, ancient old bone, and a nova of dark energy shot out of it, enveloping whole village. Your flashy tricks won't work dragonruler! What will you do, when you find yourself out of luck? - dread knight asked mockingly and laughed!

[Aaron: 6 -5, Dread Knight Kupameth: 6 +2] Shadow dragon started dancing with fire and quickly charged at Kupameth, but the latter dodged his attack with a swift pirouette, caught him by tail and pinned him to ground!

[Elemental Maelstrom: 5, Plant sprouting: 6] Plantlife tried to stop the dread knight from performing a follow-up attack, but died in the fire of elemental maelstrom! Fires engulfed Kupameth, but it seemed that they did only negligible damage!

I'm getting to understand more of why you feel so vengeful. And then I understand how malleable that can be. - Serrana said to Erlath's spirit. Oh and that was a 'yes' to helping this halberd. - she said then, showing the weapon to spirit once again.

[6] Erlath's spirit merged part of it's essence with the halberd to greatly strenghten it, but at a risk of getting weaker should it get destroyed.

[3 +1] Exorcist chanelled her faith to create a protective shield!

[Serrana: 1 -3, Dread Knight Kupameth: 1 +2] Serrana focused and hit the ground with bottom tip of her staff, then started shooting holy bolts at the dread knight. Kupameth dodged all of them however, dashed closer, punched exorcist and then thrown her away! She skidded on the ground until she hit wall of far away building!

This enemy is too strong, I will try to create an exit for us to escape. - Pguhyuh shouted when dread knight thrown Serrana away!

[Smoke: 1 -1, Dread Knight Kupameth: 6 +2] Fzbxr tried to spew out some smoke, but he was the next target of dread knight after Serrana. Highly unprepared for the rapidly coming threat, he received several deep slashes!

[3 -2] Pguhyuh panicked due to dread knight getting closer and tried to open a portal to Underwold using shard he possessed, nearly breaking it. He wounded himself and some dark energy coming out of the shard deepened the wound!

[Dread Knight Kupameth: 3 +2, Pguhyuh: 1] Dark spirit approached demonologist with speed of light and stabbed him at stomach!

[Dennis: 4 -2, Dread Knight Kupameth: 5 +2] Tweren't intended to keep you out. We were really hoping to save ourselves from That. - Duke tried to masterfully taunt Kupameth, trying to point at empty space behind it, but he pointed at Pguhyuh instead. Yeah, I can see what you wanted to save me from! - dread knight riposted.

[Dennis: 6 -2, Dread Knight Kupameth: 6 +2]  Duke wildly charged at the dread knight preparing a mighty strike with his glaive, but dark spirit blocked it and riposted, lightly slashing his face!

[6] Ok you two, heal up, I won't be of much use against this guy. - Lysander said, switching his sword to a shield. Using the warshape so frequently made the ability somewhat exhausted, and changing the weapon won't be possible for a while!

[Lysander: 1 -1, Naablvat: 6 -1, Stumpy: 4 -1] Demonologist backed off and sat down, but couldn't rest too well hearing noises of battle. His demon companion rested much better and fully regained strenght. Arcane energy gathered upon the gargoyle and managed to fix it up a bit.

[Vivian: 4 -1, Dread Knight Kupameth: 5 +2] Alchemist tried to blast the dread knight with dark explosive dust, but wraith jumped away, quickly picked up a rock and thrown it at her!

[2] Roboson ran towards the village, but he couldn't enter it! Some kind of strange force field made of dark energy blocked the entry!

[5] A tall man with vaguely glowing runic tattoos came from the east in search of other survivors. Stan Alexander Tanerus - a demonologist; he was hiding in forests for a long time until he finally decided to come out. He reached gates of Height Keep, probably the only safe place in this part of world.

Dread Knight Kupameth: -10 HP [502/512]

Undead Dragon: [256/256]

Dennis: -35 HP [25/60]
Aaron: Shadow dragon form, -20 HP [60/80]
Pguhyuh: -35 HP [25/75]
Vivian: -10 HP [20/30]
Serrana: -40 HP absorbed by Living Faith, -20 HP [40/60]

Smoke: -80 HP [40/120]
Naablvat: Well Rested

Stumpy: +20 HP [80/120]

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 06, 2017, 02:33:39 pm »

Huh, something bad is probably happening in there. Best to avoid that for now.

Wander around the area looking for loot and things to fight.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 06, 2017, 02:36:31 pm »

the dragon must be repelled quickly! Rally myself and unleash the wrath of gods upon it!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 06, 2017, 02:39:24 pm »

I Hunt around the area for a minor demon to bind to my will.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 06, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »

((Okay guys this is why I said to be on the defensive. Now this guy has left everyone a hit from death.

BEFORE ANYONE DOES ANY ACTION WE NEED A PLAN OR WE WILL ALL DIE.

Discuss our options, combine our skills. Hell, we could try to run away while someone distracts him or I don't know but we have to act smart and make a plan with the help of everyone. No more individual actions and let's not get anyone killed. This need serious planning.

Currently he can instakill everyone in the team AND just lost 10 HP. Diplomacy might work but I need ideas and everyone has to help.

IDEAS:
Someone stays behind and acts a distraction. They have to be willing and everyone else escapes.
I talk with the guy and try to win time, maybe convince him that we are weak but later we would be a worthy fight
Appeal to knight code of conduct.
They must have something they valore or respect, be it a leader or a concept like strenght. We could use that.
Use of skills in an specific order or at the same time.
Focusing on healing or calling for help.
Everyone tries to escape, someone probably will die to rolls.
Does anyone else has ideas?

I'm serious, this guy did max 80 HP in damage and attacked everyone, he can totally kill everyone if he has a good roll.

Question: Wait, did I regenerate my health? I recover 10 HP each turn and I think I should have been full.

Question: Can this guy attack people who rest?

Also keep in mind I'm wearing double armor and this guy still did 35 HP damage to me so fighting will probably get us killed. Diplomacy would be a good idea.
Also I think he either inverted our bonuses to actions(the + became the - ), or stole Aaron bonuses.

Question: What do we know about Dread Knights? Are they mindless or are they against the gods?

The Charm didn't affect Faith shield, but affected our attacks. It didn't affect Lysander creating a shield either but that was probably because he didn't had bonuses. We can't win in combat against a guy with as much health as an almost-god , +2 combat rolls and giving -5 rolls to us.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:36:41 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 06, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »

This is what you get for not investing in defensive abilities.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 06, 2017, 03:47:00 pm »

This is what you get for not investing in defensive abilities.
That is what I was doing all my level ups >_<. Regeneration, neutrality, bonus to actions like resting. I am even wearing two sets of armor at the same time.

I don't want Smoke or me to die. :(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:48:41 pm by randomgenericusername »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 06, 2017, 03:49:33 pm »

Have you considered running?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 06, 2017, 03:52:51 pm »

Twice but because of the charm, someone will probably die from bad rolls. I tried to make a portal too and failed.

Aaron this is your fault this happened to counter your OP skills.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 06, 2017, 03:54:12 pm »

Question: Wait, did I regenerate my health? I recover 10 HP each turn and I think I should have been full.

Question: Can this guy attack people who rest?

Question: What do we know about Dread Knights? Are they mindless or are they against the gods?

You were full before the battle I think - you should've been as you rested in the keep. You don't regenerate health when you get wounded - it was mentioned numerous times before.

Lysander backed off before resting so dread knight aggroed someone else, but he can attack you at any time when you're nearby.

I don't think you've got dread knights in enemy types. Closest you got so far was the banished abyssal knight, (which isn't in enemy types either, banishment doesn't add enemies) and it's still quite far from dread knight. You do know about darkriders however (also not in enemy types), and strongest of them should be on par if not stronger than dread knights.

Have you considered running?

Village is enclosed in dark field. You can only teleport away.

Aaron this is your fault this happened to counter your OP skills.

Nah, I had this boss on my mind since a long time. Only waited for opportunity to throw him at you...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:02:09 pm by Dark One »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 166