Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Defend the Planet: planet remains secure  (Read 6692 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

use the funding to install prototype anti-air point defense cannons to shoot down incoming drones along the northern half of the east coast. Be careful enough not to spend more than half the funding received so far.
 Organize the milita in New York as best as possible, and begin evacuating all other east coast cities in favor of grouping our forces together.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Blast my way back into this dimension.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Name: Kazuma Kiryu

Method: Punch things really hard, look awesome while doing so.

First Action: Punch things really hard, look awesome while doing so.
[2] Karuza punches a wall really hard and breaks his hand. Half of the onlookers (he did this on a crowded street, of course) are horrified; the other half are trying to restrain giggles.

Kazuma is suffering from a broken hand and a bruised ego.

((*cough*))

Make sure this Karuza guy is okay, lest he be a plot baddie.

Afterwards, brood intensely in the direction of the alien Mothership and drones for they are presently too far away to punch really hard, so Kazuma can't look awesome while doing so.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Name: Destructo-bot
Method of Defence: Religion
First Action: Bless the mecha.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Americans! A dire threat is at hand! We must make America great again by demonstrating our technological might!" Attempt to persuade America to build a better mecha than Europe's, at a much better cost per unit.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Defender Turn 2

Stage 2, start!

Armed with my new Remote Gunner, change course to cut through the middle of this new drone wave!
[6] Joe sits back and lets his REMOTE GUNNER do all the work. Unfortunately, the glowing orbs end up going to it, instead—Joe doesn't get anything.

THIS IS MY WORLD. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN MY WORLD.

Focus harder. My cardboard piece of trash sword is terrible fucking amazing and I will wreck these asshole aliens for attacking my planet.
[2] The Cardboard Samurai continues to be delusional. War never changes, etc.

Build a better head, and put it on.
[2-1] no u cant do that ur dead

(it turns out aliens are bad at math)
((I connect more with the aliens than I do with the humans.))

Track the signals controlling the alien drones and attack their command vehicle(s).
[2] The protagonist uses his radar to track the aliens' signals, but they all lead back to the mothership—which is out of range of all his weapons.

use the funding to install prototype anti-air point defense cannons to shoot down incoming drones along the northern half of the east coast. Be careful enough not to spend more than half the funding received so far.
 Organize the milita in New York as best as possible, and begin evacuating all other east coast cities in favor of grouping our forces together.

[2] Due to an administrative error, Captain is briefly unable to access his funding. Conveniently, this issue resolves itself at the end of the turn precisely.

Also, he is reminded that even a DEFENDER OF THE EARTH is only allowed one major action per turn.

Blast my way back into this dimension.
[5] Goroza uses his legendary DIMENSION CLAW TECHNIQUE to tear away the wall between reality and nonreality, opening a portal between them somewhere in Antarctica. This will surely have no repercussions whatsoever.

[2] Karuza punches a wall really hard and breaks his hand. Half of the onlookers (he did this on a crowded street, of course) are horrified; the other half are trying to restrain giggles.

Kazuma is suffering from a broken hand and a bruised ego.

((*cough*))

Make sure this Karuza guy is okay, lest he be a plot baddie.

Afterwards, brood intensely in the direction of the alien Mothership and drones for they are presently too far away to punch really hard, so Kazuma can't look awesome while doing so.

[6] Grr, that Karuza! Having confirmed the presence of his evil twin, Kazuma broods. And then broods some more. And then broods so hard his head explodes people laugh at him again.

Name: Destructo-bot
Method of Defence: Religion
First Action: Bless the mecha.
[1] Destructo, the world's only religious (and sentient?) robot, attempts to bless EUROMECH. Unfortunately, it turns into a curse because he worships Satan. EUROMECH will leak fuel forevermore!

"Americans! A dire threat is at hand! We must make America great again by demonstrating our technological might!" Attempt to persuade America to build a better mecha than Europe's, at a much better cost per unit.
[4] The President convinces the majority of American companies to get together to build a mecha, but whether it'll be better and/or cheaper is, as of yet, unknown.

Country Turn 2

[America: 4] The mech's construction is going as planned.
[Europe: 2] Europe tries to confront its crippling debt, but its component members are more concerned about the space aliens. Can anyone say for sure which is the greater threat?

Alien Turn 2

[Drone Force #1: 2] The first set of drones flails helplessly in the air.
[Drone Force #2: 3] The second, though somewhat few in number all of a sudden, manages to get a few potshots in on Joe's REMOTE GUNNER. It can still fly, though.
[Mothership: 1+1] The mothership tries to release more drones upon Earth, but the math is so off that they rocket off into space instead.

Status Update

NEWS FLASH: Worldwide celebrations occur as an automated turret takes down countless drones! The guy who launched it is also cool, probably.

DEFENDER TIP: Fallen DEFENDERS can resurrect themselves using DEFENDER POWER.

Spoiler: DEFENDER STATUS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ALIEN STATUS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PLANET STATUS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:30:31 pm by Elephant Parade »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Goroza swims back to Japan.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Excellent! America proves its superiority over Europe!" While the mech finishes construction, subsidize American companies that research anti-mothership weaponry.

((This mothership is ridonkulusly incompetent. Yes, ridonkulusly. It's that bad.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Point out that there is no real definition of turn limits and/or major and minor actions, thus convincing the GM to give me rolls for the actions he didn't allow to complete last turn on top of updating the main post with rules.

Exploit this fact by starting research and construction on a warhead and UAV capable of reaching the mothership, AND building those turrets with my now unlocked funds.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

Name: Guy  Manley
Method of Defense:  Seduction
First Action: Seduce the alien mothership.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Change of religion Satanism never made sense anyway.
Then exorcise the curse.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Generic (and insofar unnamed) Anime Protagonist decides to use the "Go beyond the limits" trope, ignoring the impossibility of his mech reaching the mothership, and takes it into space to fight the mothership.

Because plot convenience and the "power of belief". He then attacks the mothership and hopes his plot armor will keep him safe.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Name: Nix
Method of Defence: Spontaneous Clone Generation
First Action: Create as many Nix Clones as possible in order to aid with the defence effort. Put combined manpower and brainpower to good use constructing additional defences and anti-alien strategies.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Let me join in!

Name: Doomrider
Method of Defense: Cocaine, cocaine, and cocaine (well, and his bike too!).
First Action: Spawn somewhere in South America, near the mansion of wealthy drug dealer, then ride right into his/her cocaine stash and snort ALL OF IT!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Kazuma seeks treatment for broken hand, then goes to karaoke to salve his ego.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4