Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Defend the Planet: planet remains secure  (Read 6663 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

do you have free space left?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Damnit.
Respawn as Respawn, the World War II ace pilot who just fell through a portal in space time and landed inside the alien mothership.

Open fire on everything.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Name: Carlos Sultana
Method of Defence: (Selling) cocaine, (selling) cocaine, (selling) cocaine (well, and a lot of guns, too)!
First Action: Defend my cocaine stash (located somewhere in South America) from pesky skeletal motorcyclists!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Albert Plon
Method of Defence: Reaserch Guns,Build,Repeat
First Action: Reaserch new guns somewhere in Poland
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

Try again. If I never succeed, I will never stop trying.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Name: Gnire Eni Gnees-Rever
Method of Defence: Reverse Engineering alien technology, both to duplicate it and find its weaknesses
First Action: Scavenge and reverse-engineer drones, starting with those that fell into the ocean two turns or so ago.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend the Planet: planet remains secure
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 12:59:43 am »

Goroza swims back to Japan.
[2] Goroza doesn't know how to swim.

"Excellent! America proves its superiority over Europe!" While the mech finishes construction, subsidize American companies that research anti-mothership weaponry.
[4] More and more companies join in on the weaponry boom, but America's debt is growing.

Point out that there is no real definition of turn limits and/or major and minor actions, thus convincing the GM to give me rolls for the actions he didn't allow to complete last turn on top of updating the main post with rules.

Exploit this fact by starting research and construction on a warhead and UAV capable of reaching the mothership, AND building those turrets with my now unlocked funds.

[-] It is suggested by an UNKNOWN VOICE that COMMON SENSE can be used to determine the difference between a major and minor action, and that there are no real penalties for posting two of the former. It is also suggested that UR DUM.

[1] In your haste to order the construction of two entirely separate devices, you fuse them together, ordering the construction of a warhead and UAV capable of building turrets. The UN and US revoke your funding, seeing as you're obviously a madman.

Name: Guy  Manley
Method of Defense:  Seduction
First Action: Seduce the alien mothership.
[3-1] The alien mothership is in a committed relationship with an alien fathership, and has born several childships. It's not you, it's her.

Change of religion Satanism never made sense anyway. Then exorcise the curse.
[3] Destructo-bot decides to worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, possibly the only deity less helpful than Satan. He is still incapable of exorcising the curse.

Generic (and insofar unnamed) Anime Protagonist decides to use the "Go beyond the limits" trope, ignoring the impossibility of his mech reaching the mothership, and takes it into space to fight the mothership.

Because plot convenience and the "power of belief". He then attacks the mothership and hopes his plot armor will keep him safe.

[4-1] GAP runs out of belief halfway to the mothership. He begins to fall.

Name: Nix
Method of Defence: Spontaneous Clone Generation
First Action: Create as many Nix Clones as possible in order to aid with the defence effort. Put combined manpower and brainpower to good use constructing additional defences and anti-alien strategies.
[6] The Nixclones decide that Nix Prime is holding back the Nixforce. He is eliminated.

Name: Doomrider
Method of Defense: Cocaine, cocaine, and cocaine (well, and his bike too!).
First Action: Spawn somewhere in South America, near the mansion of wealthy drug dealer, then ride right into his/her cocaine stash and snort ALL OF IT!
[1] Doomrider overdoses on cocaine and dies.

Kazuma seeks treatment for broken hand, then goes to karaoke to salve his ego.
[2] He gets laughed out of the hospital (and the bar).

Damnit.
Respawn as Respawn, the World War II ace pilot who just fell through a portal in space time and landed inside the alien mothership.

Open fire on everything.

[3-1] Respawn respawns in the middle of space and asphyxiates. Respawn?

Name: Carlos Sultana
Method of Defence: (Selling) cocaine, (selling) cocaine, (selling) cocaine (well, and a lot of guns, too)!
First Action: Defend my cocaine stash (located somewhere in South America) from pesky skeletal motorcyclists!
[5] Carlos doesn't have to defend his cocaine stash from the only extant skeletal motorcyclist, since it overdosed on its own private stash of cocaine before it could even reach his. Instead, he sets up traps for other would-be thieves.

Name: Albert Plon
Method of Defence: Reaserch Guns,Build,Repeat
First Action: Reaserch new guns somewhere in Poland
[5] The guns are researched. They are good guns, and also very Polish.

Guns.

Try again. If I never succeed, I will never stop trying.
[1] The Cardboard Samurai is now totally and utterly incapable of ever developing reality-bending powers. He's still insane, though.

Name: Gnire Eni Gnees-Rever
Method of Defence: Reverse Engineering alien technology, both to duplicate it and find its weaknesses
First Action: Scavenge and reverse-engineer drones, starting with those that fell into the ocean two turns or so ago.
[3] The first wave of drones was only launched two turns ago, but Gnire is able to find the remains of some of the ones Joe shot down. Unfortunately, merely finding them uses up his entire time allowance for this turn.

Country Turn 3

[America: 3] Work on the mech (and various other weaponry) is still going strong, but corruption is growing.
[Europe: 6] Europe decides to pay for its debt by shutting down socialized healthcare, limiting Parliament meetings to one per year, and selling France to China. This will surely have no repercussions whatsoever.

Misc Turn 3

[REMOTE GUNNER: 3] The REMOTE GUNNER shoots down a bunch of drones, but it's mostly forced to stay on the defensive.
[Karuza: 1] Karuza uses a spray can to pain "kazuma is dum" on a wall. A policeman catches him and sends him to jail.

Alien Turn 3

[Drone Force #1: 2-1] The few remaining drones spontaneously malfunction and fall into the ocean. Drone Force #1 has been eliminated.
[Drone Force #2: 1] Spontaneous malfunctions are a big issue at the moment, apparently. Drone Force #2 has been eliminated.
[Mothership: 3+1] Tired of sending out inaccurate, malfunctioning drones, the mothership releases the Space Bomber, an advanced ship controlled directly by an alien.

STAGE 1 MIDBOSS: SPACE BOMBER

Status Report

NEWS FLASH: EUROPE SHOCKS WORLD: NATIONAL LEADERS VICTIMS OF ALIEN MIND CONTROL?

DEFENDER TIP: The mothership is resistant to attack.

Spoiler: DEFENDER STATUS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ALIEN STATUS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PLANET STATUS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:06:29 am by Elephant Parade »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 01:12:48 am »

quietly flip off the GM because definitions are absolutely required for major and minor actions.

Host a political coup and kick the nation's leaders out of New York for revoking my funding, and confiscate their vehicles too. See how they like that!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:15:03 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2017, 01:15:58 am »

Goroza walks back to Japan across the bottom of the ocean, trampling an Atlantean society along the way.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:25:11 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:22 am »

Wait, Doomrider died due to COCAINE OVERDOSE?! C'mon, man, he's Daemon Prince of fucking Slaanesh, hermaphrodite god/goddess of lust, BDSM, perversity, joy, drugs, and everything like that! How can he die from cocaine?

Try to respawn.
If I fail, use a new character below.

Name: Krieg
Method of Defense: Personal axe-chainsaw, vast arsenal of unusual weapons, meat bicycle.
First Action: Draw my Nukem rocket launcher, and shoot at the alien bomber.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 01:55:52 am »

Smoke a phat cigar and/or spliff whilst relaxing in my mansion and watching the news.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 02:11:14 am »

Wait, Doomrider died due to COCAINE OVERDOSE?! C'mon, man, he's Daemon Prince of fucking Slaanesh, hermaphrodite god/goddess of lust, BDSM, perversity, joy, drugs, and everything like that! How can he die from cocaine?

Try to respawn.
If I fail, use a new character below.

Name: Krieg
Method of Defense: Personal axe-chainsaw, vast arsenal of unusual weapons, meat bicycle.
First Action: Draw my Nukem rocket launcher, and shoot at the alien bomber.
cocainum.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 03:19:39 am »

Guy Manley, the Seducer, will seduce the childships. That bombership looks sexy. "Hey baby. 'sup?"

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 05:45:07 am »

Reaserch even more,better guns and mass product the previous guns, of course to polish people
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 03:14:31 pm by PaPaj »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 05:49:46 am »

Switch religion again.
Exorcise the mecha at distance.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4