Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 36895 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2017, 05:54:46 pm »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 02, 2017, 08:08:57 pm »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 03, 2017, 02:38:57 am »

1) I'm not complaining in any way, shape or form, but I'm making 50 £/turn in tithes and the religion rules says I should have 40 £/turn.

2) What's up with my trade with the Bannerlands?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2017, 04:55:46 am »

1) I'm not complaining in any way, shape or form, but I'm making 50 £/turn in tithes and the religion rules says I should have 40 £/turn.
I'll fix that.

That'd be because I processed your turn first, thus didn't know the Bannerland's income for this turn yet. I'll update it now.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 03, 2017, 06:40:35 am »

That'd be because I processed your turn first, thus didn't know the Bannerland's income for this turn yet. I'll update it now.

Oh, good I was afraid the stuff from Biting was being a PITA.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 03, 2017, 07:13:49 am »

Huh what did i miss something Sheb?
EDIT: IGNORE THIS SORRY

Spoiler:  To the Torkal League (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:18:20 am by Ghazkull »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2017, 07:43:38 am »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 03, 2017, 07:51:30 am »

Kashyyk: If you destroy an industry building, do you have to wait for a turn for the slot to "clear" or can you build a different industry building there on the same turn?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 03, 2017, 07:52:41 am »

You'll need to wait the turn.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 03, 2017, 07:53:57 am »

I see. Makes sense. Do you get the final turn of income/upkeepcosts from them? Or, well, I'd assume it is like a turn of nothingness?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 03, 2017, 07:56:16 am »

It is indeed a turn of nothingness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 04, 2017, 05:29:31 am »

I'm currently concerned who to hit with my caravans to dispense the maximum amount (or at least safest) of trade routes for everyone else ;~; to disperse all our strategic resources to share and conquer, together.

And thanks for the note about Tall/Thick Empires x.x I'm somehow bad at math despite loving it.
BUT, I made sure to always develop what I've got. I've a Farm in the Capital, and wow I forgot to develop Beaton N. It has nothing D: (both in terms of bonus things, or building things)

Also what happened of my expensive 200 team of lawyers to protect me from the Imperial tax? [/I dislike the Empire, theme]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:38:51 am by Tiruin »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 04, 2017, 05:47:09 am »

Also what happened of my expensive 200 team of lawyers to protect me from the Imperial tax? [/I dislike the Empire, theme]
This is why I shouldn't update when I should be sleeping. I'll sort that shortly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2017, 05:57:13 am »

BUT, I made sure to always develop what I've got. I've a Farm in the Capital, and wow I forgot to develop Beaton N. It has nothing D: (both in terms of bonus things, or building things)

"A farm in the capital" isn't really much development, I highly encourage you take an aside with your cash for the brewery and bakery. There's a reason why I researched them quickly, because I knew that for you and me they'd be a very good source of income. 700 investment, 220 pay out. They pay for themselves in a tiny bit over 3 turns. Very legit. It's so good that it'd even give a noticeable amount of income to your trade partners. (Partially the reason why I'm so interested in spreading it to my neighbors is that then I'll get about 20 bucks a turn more from trade...)

On development elsewhere, if Beaton N doesn't have any resources in it, it's probably not worth development. If the basic income of the place is high, around 150 to 160, it's worth placing a marketplace there. (This required number goes down as you add more people and resources to your trade network... This is what it is for me roughly, for you it's probably a bit less. Soon it might be worthwhile in even small provinces with only a bit above 100... Marketplaces are going to become pretty op soon. I expect everyone will spam them pretty much everywhere soon... I actually seem to recall that happened in the first game as well, although I think that was a bit more cash rich of a game, but markets inevitability became super op and were spammed by those that could, leading to get them getting nerffed?) otherwise developing it is probably a pretty meh idea in my opinion. Keep in mind the money you'll be getting for the investment you put in!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:59:01 am by Criptfeind »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2017, 05:59:15 am »

"A farm in the capital" isn't really much development, I highly encourage you take an aside with your cash for the brewery and bakery. There's a reason why I researched them quickly, because I knew that for you and me they'd be a very good source of income. 700 investment, 220 pay out. They pay for themselves in a tiny bit over 3 turns. Very legit. It's so good that it'd even give a noticeable amount of income to your trade partners. (Partially the reason why I'm so interested in spreading it to my neighbors is that then I'll get about 20 bucks a turn more from trade...)

On development elsewhere, if Beaton N doesn't have any resources in it, it's probably not worth development. If the basic income of the place is high, around 150 to 160, it's worth placing a marketplace there. (This required number goes down as you add more people and resources to your trade network... This is what it is for me roughly, for you it's probably a bit less. Soon it might be worthwhile in even small provinces with only a bit above 100... Marketplaces are going to become pretty op soon. I expect everyone will spam them pretty much everywhere soon) otherwise developing it is probably a pretty meh idea in my opinion. Keep in mind the money you'll be getting for the investment you put in!
I just noticed.

"Economic" building.

Not "Industrial" building.
Well there goes my 9 turn plans because of NOT READING :-\ :'( Could've earned a ton more.

And boom--the PM researches I requested (I think) are now public. Hopefully someone has them, but if not, I'm researching ranged stuff :3

Also sorry Cript x.x I will pay up that 300, because it's fully my fault that I missed out. Thanks :3

Let's see...I can redirect my trade caravan to the player owning Ostley.

And the other caravan from Beaton South can...hook up with the dude down at Brent, with explicit orders to use the sea route. So I can war the Empire someday without trade getting cut
Honestly, I can't even see my near-Ostley caravan's route, because it seems to cut at the outline of the continent. :-[
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:03:37 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37