Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44237 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #330 on: September 09, 2017, 04:07:49 pm »

Go find some engineers and ask them if I get any options for modifying my vehicle. Like different mounted weapons or something?

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 09, 2017, 04:32:20 pm »

hey egan, would you be willing to spawn in an APC? With my shock trooper class (plus 2 subordinate shock troopers) inside, we could really make a strong opening run.

Edit: I found the original descriptions of my class unlocks, so i'm going to leave them here for GM benefit.

You spawn as an electrolaser Heavy Grunt. You get an electrolaser carbine, an electrolaser bat, a suit of insulated armor: one layer, and are more sturdily built than your acverage grunt. the carbine is for close range work, primarily on living things and sensitive electronic devices. The bat is to royally fuck shit up in melee.
You two spawn as low level shock troops. You get one armor level each, with spikes which will help in melee combat and prevent unwanted hugs and compliments. HC is still a slightly better version than the grunt.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:12:08 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 09, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »

APC is good, unless it's impossible due to the mission. Like driving through swamps or somesuch.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 09, 2017, 10:58:11 pm »

Get a lecture on the actual uses and value of the micropulse tachometer and hyperally recombinant circuit board.

I will UNDERSTAND, for I am a highly intelligent Grunt, and refuse to be stupid.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 10, 2017, 12:22:19 am »

Build up my inner RAGE!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 13, 2017, 02:05:56 am »

LOOK FOR THOSE FORMS!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 13, 2017, 07:57:27 am »

Get the brain implants

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD006
Class: Technician
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 1 Alcohol
Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4(+1?)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2017, 12:48:09 am »

Posting to watch, may join in the faaar future.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 14, 2017, 08:22:48 am »

Mission start post following this one. Please do not post between this one and the mission intro. This post is merely to wrap up your last set of actions.
Of course, if there are still loose ends, feel free to post those after the mission intro, along with any actions taken then.

Ask for some pills for battlefield testing I will recover my Mutant trait. Then go to do the correct paperwork.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay, you get 3 pills. You know, if you had the Mutant Trait at the end of the old game, you can link me your last charsheet from there, and i might just add that back into your clone line.

You then proceed to stamp your mark onto a bunch of files and click on a lot of checkboxes. Your eyes cross and your vision blurs due to the tedium. The things you do for the Empire and for Glory ...

Can I lock in grenadier for my class I want to blow shit up Also visit the altar of space Jesus and pray for him to guide my throwing arm

Platoon 1:
Designation: KH003
Class: Grenadier
Inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, Special ration, 3 Frag grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 2 smoke grenades

Kill tally:0/1/0
Death types: Space battle, Blasted
Grenadier locked in. Make a note of it in your sheet. If you get to khh8 in this mission, you will unlock the next tier. If you survive the mission with fewer deaths you will tget the next tier, and maybe a perk. You can make a note of that too, because i will forget I said it.

(5) Space Jesus smiles upon you. You have been granted 3 Space Blessings to your throws. Use them by stating "receive Space Blessing for this throw (x/3)." The Space Blessing may be a +1 to the roll, an auto success, additional damage, or some other effect, as determined by Space Jesus at the time of the action. I spuppose you can add Faith 1/7 to your sheet as well.

Find something to draw with and draw a flag onto a torn bed sheet
Infact I shall show you the flag of Fort FKDworth:
Spoiler: flag (click to show/hide)
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, a knife
Kills: Heh
(1 CP torwards level up)
The Empire approves. you gain the CP Patriot: 1/5

Sorry I'm a little late to reply.
1) Engineer (I'm OS) and Chaplain.
2) Intel papers, extra helmet and backpack, snacks and beverages.
3) Faith 2/5, for thinking about the dart's safety for the officers' sake, and for pondering life after death while giving Hat001 IACRS for his last moments (apparently, he was only maimed down a leg). Squad 1/5, for fastening the other grunts' belongings for them in the Dart. Intel 1/?, for obtaining those papers.
4) Not really, other than maybe me surviving the entire mission after that first successful deployment.

Look for where I can hand things to officers, and hand in the intel papers and snacks. Also, get remaining intel papers from Hat. The intel means nothing if those Officers cannot recognize them as existing.
Spoiler: OS002 (click to show/hide)
You turn in your intel (and Hat's unless he declines). The Officers take it, bag it, and pass it on to someone to process. +1 to your intel CP. (3) The petty officer t owhom you hand the snacks gives you one Special Ration. Someone remind me what a special ration does, so I can put it in the OP.

Chaplain and Engineer unlocked. You can hang onto your faith CP, or exchange the two pips in it for Faith Actions. These actions will be special directives that you receive by Faith, which, if you attempt to complete, will likely result in something positive for your squad. You'll probably die in the process though.

Find a place where to train hand to hand or melee weapon combat.
Try to understand how to progress in my CP.

Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
You can Lock in the Brute Class as your next class unlock, and then, on mission, each time you attack in Melee, gain a point in Brute x/? Once that reaches whatever point I consider appropriate, you will unlock that class, regardless of deaths, mission success, etc. As for advancing in living on the edge, well, hmmm. HAndicapping yurself, within reason, in order to achieve specific goals might help. Or taking optional, risky goals, especially if acting on them involves potentially drawing a lot of attention to yourself, putting yourself in high risk (even for Grunts) situations, or the like. If you note that you are attempting to advance that CP wit han action, I will pay more attention.

A couple examples:
The squad has the goal of capturing a bunker. You take on the added goal of taking the commander alive, personally.
The squad wants to sneak past a gun emplacement. You attempt to hotwire a car and drive of to give the gun something to shoot at.
You attempt to trade with an enemy soldier.
You attempt to befriend the local wildlife.

examples that don't count:
your squad is trying to take a bunker. You rush at it ahead of the others. That's just normal Grunt madness and involves no skill or cunning.
you decide to do the next battle with fisticuffs only. This handicaps you, sure, but there is no end goal of value. Unless you were fighting Space Buddhist Monks or some shit.

(5) You create amusing sculptures, Gruntship Bracelets, and an Eight Foot Balancing Tower of Food Related Items. It spans three tables, and elicits a standing ovation from the other Grunts in the Mess Hall. An officer pauses in the doorway momentarily, head turned your way, face unreadable.
hehe

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)

Keep enough Gruntship bracelets to hand out to my new platoon on the next mission.
Being a corporal means I have the privilege of praying to even higher ranking officers than the average grunt. Do so. Include a Gruntship bracelet with the paperwork. I'm sure he would appreciate it.
You hang onto some bracelets. (1) your paperwork comes back stamped "insufficient and incomplete." The Bracelet does not return with it.

Go find some engineers and ask them if I get any options for modifying my vehicle. Like different mounted weapons or something?

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Driver (0/5)
Mech (0/9)
I believe the next mission will be a space one. So, you'll be operating a sort of cross between a spider crawler and a standard apc. A Space Grunt Transport Vessel. SPG-V. The Spaghetti V. It's use is to latch onto objects with low gravity (asteroids, ships, etc) and to move about on them. Or in them. Transferring from one space object to another involves a single launch roll, rather than flight rolls, as that would involve spaceflight, which I believe i excluded from the tier one class. Make sense? Acceptable, or do you have suggested modifications to that idea? PM me if you have thoughts before the next post, so as not to violate the "don't post here yet" guideline.

also, modifying the standard vehicle will require a roll, and will come with drawbacks, even if the roll succeeds.

Get a lecture on the actual uses and value of the micropulse tachometer and hyperally recombinant circuit board.

I will UNDERSTAND, for I am a highly intelligent Grunt, and refuse to be stupid.

Are you a technician or an Engineer?

The Engineer is willing to explain the use and function of one of them in exchange for the other.
For both, he will enroll you in either a technician or an engineer class, which will grant you a CP toward unlocking those classes.

Build up my inner RAGE!
DO what with the who, now? Did I miss something? (2) you attempt to lose at cards in order to get angry, but end up breaking even.

LOOK FOR THOSE FORMS!
You get some forms and begin filling them out. You get a CP: Prayer(officer), 1/7 record that in your charsheet.

Get the brain implants

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD006
Class: Technician
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 1 Alcohol
Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4(+1?)
Alright. I'm rolling first for what the medicos are trying to put into your head, and second for the success. (19) Ultralinguistics. Huh. Well, it could be useful. OR you could end up being C3PO. You monster. Let's roll. (6) You awaken form the surgery. The surgical machines are talking to you.It's hard to understand what they are saying, though, since they are all talking at once, and your new implant is parsing them simultaneously. After a few minutes of this, your still sleepy brain becomes overstimulated, and you have a panic attack.  You are put back to sleep, and awaken later, in a darkened, quiet room. Your new implant is quite powerful - moreswo than yo ucan handle easily. Every time you use it to communicate with something you otehrwise wouldn't be able to communicate with, it hs a chance of overloading your mind in vrious ways. You gain the Attribute: Implant(Ultralinguistics: 6). This attribute will lat this entire mission. If at that point you wish to retain the implant, you may. If you choose, you may opt not to have the implant in a future clone this mission, but you will be unable to receive further implants for 5 lives.

Posting to watch, may join in the faaar future.
Welcome to the madness. I hope it is as entertaining for you as it is for me!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 14, 2017, 09:52:10 am »

I'll keep the circuitboard, and get instructions on what it can be used for.

There is a Technician class in the OP, but what does the Engineer class do?

And how many points in that CP do I need?

Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 14, 2017, 09:54:12 am »

I'll keep the circuitboard, and get instructions on what it can be used for.

There is a Technician class in the OP, but what does the Engineer class do?

And how many points in that CP do I need?

Spoiler: MAD002 (click to show/hide)
I believe you need 5
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 14, 2017, 10:37:09 am »

Mission start post following this one. Please do not post between this one and the mission intro. This post is merely to wrap up your last set of actions.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 14, 2017, 10:45:52 am »

sorry
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 14, 2017, 03:49:19 pm »

I'm generating a map. Once I do, I'll post a mission brief and we'll get started. may be today, may be tomorrow.

I post that for my own amusement, really. This is Grunts: nobody listens to the GM unless their heads excplode. Then they are all like "Why did my head explode?"

Anyway, you get a CP: reads the directions (1/3)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 14, 2017, 04:53:10 pm »

yay

EDIT: Also, I want to lock in Brute please
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 05:00:57 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29