Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Grunts!: Second Wave  (Read 44230 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts!: Second Wave
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2017, 10:05:20 am »

Get the Driver class. "Lock in" Driver class. I'm getting my mech someday, I swear to space jesus.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2017, 10:14:33 am »

Accept the injection.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2017, 11:18:34 am »

Ask for a standard  hacker man tablet and hack software, then go to the medical lab and get some brain implants.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD006 (001-TECH)
Class: Technician)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 1 Alcohol
Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4(+1?)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2017, 11:22:00 am »

Damn, I don't remember my death count for sure. I thought three, but that would mean I failed to update my name at least once...

Lets see:
* Once in the dart.
* Once after spending quite a while maimed
* Once when the bulkhead went boom

Ahh, I forgot to update my number at some point. Oops.

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:18:52 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2017, 11:31:15 am »

I think that Grenadier and Technician are the two classes that would fit my character. So I will switch between them as I see fit. Unless I can be a Grenadier/technician than that would be awesome.

Spoiler: Mar002 (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 06, 2017, 12:52:09 pm »

I'll unlock Soldier and Driver. I doubt the paperweight will be worth anything so just keep it as a souvenir.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 06, 2017, 09:48:54 pm »

Her-001 gave a small sigh of satisfaction upon claiming a bed their meager belongs layed out as they examined them silently pocketing their..."Gum" Really chewy Resin. Their was just one place to go if it existed?
Is their a place of worship? If so begin praying to the officers for good fortune in my next battle like the maggot I am.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 07, 2017, 10:46:55 pm »

Spoiler: HC007 (click to show/hide)
Have a nice big meal in the mess hall. Then, create baubles, trinkets, and sculptures out of silverware and chewed resin. Also use anything else I can find.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2017, 07:27:54 am »

By the way, did any of you end the last mission Maimed? If so, you receive an artificial replacement limb/eye, and the CP: Cyber ([limb being replaced])

In that case trade the gum for some better rations

(5) a fellow Grunt with one eye is happy to trade off a Special Ration for your three IACRSs.

1 micropulse tachometer
1 hyperalloy recombinant circuitboard
1 adjustable wrench

Alright, how big is the adjustable wrench? I might keep it around for bashing in skulls.

What are the other two used for?
the wrench is (6) 48 inches! Gonna be a two handed weapon, there.
(3) the engineers go into a sort of simplified explanation of what the other two items are used for.
"So, this one measures stuff, and this one glues walls together?"
"No. Well, not really, but close enough."

Trade gun and helmet for unchewed gum. Do I still have any dried rations and the bunch of knives? God damn I have so much stuff thanks space raptor jesus I have 2 backpacks.
Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
If you try to trade away your weapon, you will face a court-martial. As for your helmet ... (1) Your fellow Grunts laugh in your face at the offer.
No, you traded the biscuits and silverware for the Special Rations, and the thing FKD gave you.

Go wander about and see what other grunts are up to, maybe try and find a corner I can stack crates and debri up to make into a nest while proclaiming my goal to fortify this position.
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, a knife
Kills: Heh
(1 CP torwards level up)
(5) you make a little fort out of cots and milk crates and stuff. The other Grunts seem to enjoy testing the durability of yor little hidey hole- mostly by throwing empty Beer (like liquid drinking beverage) bottles at it.

Get the Driver class. "Lock in" Driver class. I'm getting my mech someday, I swear to space jesus.

Platoon: 2
Designation: OcE009
Class: Driver
Inventory: helmet, backpack, carbine
Deaths: 2
Kills: 0/5/0
CP:
Shooting for mech eh? You can also take Cyborg class (if Suitably and Honorably Injured in The Course of Noble Battle) without penalty, in order to accelerate the process.
Driver is able to ... well, you know, operate land vehicles. Once I describe the next mission, you may name a type of land vehicle to spawn with. Nothing too fancy or OP. For example, a tank would require the tier 2 class, right? Now, for being locked in: gain the CP Driver (0/5) When this CP fills, you will unlock the second tier of driver class. Since you have a goal of being a Mech, gain the CP Mech (0/9). When that fills, you gain your prestige class: Mech Warrior.

Accept the injection.

(5) Neato. your eyesight sharpens. You suddenly gain an acute sense of the positions of living beings around you. Since you are on your Mothership, you feel a warm bond, like you are surrounded by warmth and affection. And also the deep desire to kill and die. Gain the Attributes: Sharp Vision, Lowlight Vision, Empathic awareness. These should fit into your character sheet under your status. Hmm. These attributes will last three lives.

Ask for a standard  hacker man tablet and hack software, then go to the medical lab and get some brain implants.

Platoon: 3
Designation: BLD006 (001-TECH)
Class: Technician)
Inventory: helmet, laser carbine, backpack, 1 Imitation Artificial Chewing Resin Substitute, 1 Alcohol
Kill Tally: 0/0/0
Deaths: 4(+1?)
You want brain implants? The medicos will be happy to experiment on you. This is a high risk operation though.

Damn, I don't remember my death count for sure. I thought three, but that would mean I failed to update my name at least once...

Lets see:
* Once in the dart.
* Once after spending quite a while maimed
* Once when the bulkhead went boom

Ahh, I forgot to update my number at some point. Oops.

Spoiler: MC004 Vitals (click to show/hide)
Alright. No biggie. I couldn't keep track of all the dying in this game myself.

I think that Grenadier and Technician are the two classes that would fit my character. So I will switch between them as I see fit. Unless I can be a Grenadier/technician than that would be awesome.

Spoiler: Mar002 (click to show/hide)
Multiclass? you can unlock that when you would otherwise unlock a tier two class. that is, dual class with two tier one classes counts as a tier two class. Beyond two classes, the cost for multiclassing will rise.

I'll unlock Soldier and Driver. I doubt the paperweight will be worth anything so just keep it as a souvenir.

Spoiler: Hat003 (click to show/hide)
Alright, sounds good. (4) Some Grunts you are chilling with are bullshitting about other Grunts, the way Grunts do. Someone mentions something about the outlandish ways in which some Grunts have been known to 'kiss officer ass.'

Her-001 gave a small sigh of satisfaction upon claiming a bed their meager belongs layed out as they examined them silently pocketing their..."Gum" Really chewy Resin. Their was just one place to go if it existed?
Is their a place of worship? If so begin praying to the officers for good fortune in my next battle like the maggot I am.

There are several, regularly spaced chapels. these are usually used for Praying to Space Jesus and the other Accepted Deities. There are also rumored to be some illicit chapels for praying to some more heretical deities. Absurd, no?

Anyway, praying to the Officers involves the Holy And Timeless Rituals of:
Filling Out Standard Forms 10.24.53 through 11.15.12 (no need to fill the mall out. Each session counts as a prayer).
Completing the Mandatory Computer Assisted Training Goals
Volunteering for Extra Duties on The Organizational Roster
and
Proper Inspection and organizing of Your Dress Uniform.
Among others (i.e. If you attempt another type of Pleasing The Officers, and it amuses me ...)

(2) For now, yu look about helplessly, wondering where to find the forms, how to work the computer training program, and if in fact you actually even HAVE a Dress Uniform.

Truly, the Officers Work in Mysterious Ways. (Book of Malibol Volume III Section ii chapter a.1)

Have a nice big meal in the mess hall. Then, create baubles, trinkets, and sculptures out of silverware and chewed resin. Also use anything else I can find.
(5) You create amusing sculptures, Gruntship Bracelets, and an Eight Foot Balancing Tower of Food Related Items. It spans three tables, and elicits a standing ovation from the other Grunts in the Mess Hall. An officer pauses in the doorway momentarily, head turned your way, face unreadable.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2017, 08:10:33 am »

Ask for some pills for battlefield testing I will recover my Mutant trait. Then go to do the correct paperwork.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 09, 2017, 08:23:19 am »

Can I lock in grenadier for my class I want to blow shit up Also visit the altar of space Jesus and pray for him to guide my throwing arm

Platoon 1:
Designation: KH003
Class: Grenadier
Inventory: Helmet, laser carbine, backpack, Special ration, 3 Frag grenades, 1 EMP grenade, 2 smoke grenades

Kill tally:0/1/0
Death types: Space battle, Blasted
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:33:30 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 09, 2017, 08:33:21 am »

Find something to draw with and draw a flag onto a torn bed sheet
Infact I shall show you the flag of Fort FKDworth:
Spoiler: flag (click to show/hide)
Platoon: platoon 3
Designation: FKD003 (SPZ003)
Class: Grunt
Inventory: helmet strapped to head, helmet strapped to helmet, laser carbine, laser carbine  backpack, a knife
Kills: Heh
(1 CP torwards level up)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:01:58 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 09, 2017, 09:43:18 am »

Sorry I'm a little late to reply.
1) Engineer (I'm OS) and Chaplain.
2) Intel papers, extra helmet and backpack, snacks and beverages.
3) Faith 2/5, for thinking about the dart's safety for the officers' sake, and for pondering life after death while giving Hat001 IACRS for his last moments (apparently, he was only maimed down a leg). Squad 1/5, for fastening the other grunts' belongings for them in the Dart. Intel 1/?, for obtaining those papers.
4) Not really, other than maybe me surviving the entire mission after that first successful deployment.

Look for where I can hand things to officers, and hand in the intel papers and snacks. Also, get remaining intel papers from Hat. The intel means nothing if those Officers cannot recognize them as existing.
Spoiler: OS002 (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2017, 12:37:20 pm »

Find a place where to train hand to hand or melee weapon combat.
Try to understand how to progress in my CP.

Spoiler: Rand003 (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 09, 2017, 03:55:11 pm »

(5) You create amusing sculptures, Gruntship Bracelets, and an Eight Foot Balancing Tower of Food Related Items. It spans three tables, and elicits a standing ovation from the other Grunts in the Mess Hall. An officer pauses in the doorway momentarily, head turned your way, face unreadable.
hehe

Keep enough Gruntship bracelets to hand out to my new platoon on the next mission.
Being a corporal means I have the privilege of praying to even higher ranking officers than the average grunt. Do so. Include a Gruntship bracelet with the paperwork. I'm sure he would appreciate it.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29