Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55500 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Inter-Mission Period. Now Accepting New Characters!)
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2017, 11:26:43 am »

Return the book and head to the holodeck

You plop the book onto the librarian's desk, and exit the room, walking swiftly towards the holodeck. Once you step inside, you see what appears to be a shelled-out building where Vladimir and Doc mime holding firearms of some sort. The floor where Vladimir is standing is elevated, putting him around ten feet above your head.

Weird.

"That's nasty. No cheating, then. Guess my only option is to become good at board games- because let's be honest, I'm sure I'll die many times before I'm done working for this company.

Hmm. Do you know anyone around here who has enough free time, and who likes board games? Practicing sounds like a good idea."

He puts his fingers to his chin and furrows his brow. "Well, I know that the librarian plays a lot of chess, and the guys over in botany play some sort of board game in the bar every Thursday night. The librarian will probably play with you for free, but the botany guys only play when there are bets involved. So if you lose to them, you better plan on forking over some cash or having to do a couple of favors, you know what I mean?"

Why are they clawing at it? Are they smart enough to try and widen the openings instead of just crawling through? Bah, whatever it is with the AI, try again. They should be easier to hit now that they're at an obstacle.

Well, now that they're stationary targets...

[Conventional Weapons: 8]

You step up to the windows and shove your gun into each creature's face, completely obliterating them. Sweet.

Wave One
Enemies Remaining: 3/8

Freaking zombie games.

Keep shooting. Since they're at the barn now, switch to my other gun (the military rifle).

((I'm assuming you meant the Navy PDW, mmkay?))

[Conventional Weapons: 10+1]

You unload a wave of bullets into the two figures below, completely eradicating them! However, once you turn your sights on the shapes in the fog, the gun jams! Oh dear.

The remaining three figures come out of the fog and start scraping at the door. From the sound of it those boards are starting to give in to their pressure!

Wave One
Enemies Remaining: 3/8
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2017, 11:29:56 am »

"Thank you. Should I see myself out, or..."

Leave Xeno-Biology and head to the library. Seek out the librarian.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2017, 11:39:40 am »

check for hostile targets on the south side, then search for and fire upon any enemies on the north side.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2017, 11:53:56 am »

Unjam my gun and remove the remaining hostiles. If I can see [Rautherdir's character], motion for them to join in.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2017, 01:30:08 pm »

"Thank you. Should I see myself out, or..."

Leave Xeno-Biology and head to the library. Seek out the librarian.
He smiles. "Oh no. You get to talk to Dr. Rans again."

He presses a button on his desk, and the door behind you hisses open... revealing the figure of Dr. Rans, his arms crossed and casting a murderous glare directly at you. Dr. Voss waves his hand as he says "See you sometime later I guess."

As you open your mouth to respond, you are suddenly accosted by Dr. Rans, who starts to push you directly out of the labs.

"You should know that I will be checking with Dr. Voss to see whether or not you acted out of line! And even if you did not do not think that it means that I trust you at all yet! Now get out of this lab before you break something!"

With that, he shoves you out of the labs, sending you stumbling forward as he slams the door shut behind you.

Dusting yourself off, you head towards the library. Stepping inside, you see the oldest person you've ever seen placing a book into a slot in the wall behind him. He slowly turns to face you, and rasps out in a wheezing voice "How may I help you today?"

check for hostile targets on the south side, then search for and fire upon any enemies on the north side.

You can't see anything on your side, so you dash over to the north side and start shooting.

[Conventional Weapons: 10]

With a barrage of laser beams, you completely obliterate the remaining hostiles! However, in the process you significantly overheat your rifle's battery! It will take a couple minutes for it to cool down.

Wave One Complete
Hostiles Incoming in 2 Minutes

Unjam my gun and remove the remaining hostiles. If I can see [Rautherdir's character], motion for them to join in.

[Mechanics: 7-2]

You completely and utterly fail to unjam your gun. On the bright side, you didn't break it in doing so.

You don't see August at all.

Wave One Complete
Hostiles Incoming in 2 Minutes
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2017, 01:37:47 pm »

Take the time to carefully unjam my gun. If I have time after that, check our fortifications for damage.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2017, 01:40:59 pm »

"Uhm.... I was told you liked Chess....

Would you like to.... play a game?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2017, 03:15:06 pm »

reload and let the battery cool outside of the gun. Go check on Vlad and unjam his gun for him.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2017, 04:17:41 pm »

Look for a VR set.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2017, 10:21:07 am »

Take the time to carefully unjam my gun. If I have time after that, check our fortifications for damage.

[Mechanics: 10-2]

Well, that settles that. You successfully unjam your gun without breaking it. Good job!

[Intelligence: 4]

Eh, the boards'll do for now.

Wave Two
Enemies Remaining 10/10

"Uhm.... I was told you liked Chess....

Would you like to.... play a game?"

"Hm."

He slowly ducks down under his desk, and you hear a clicking noise. With that, a portion of his desk flips over, revealing an exquisitely carved wood chess set, pieces already in position. The librarian takes a pawn of each color, shuffles them behind his back, and holds his closed fists out towards you.

"Choose a hand."

reload and let the battery cool outside of the gun. Go check on Vlad and unjam his gun for him.

You quickly eject the battery, and replace it with one from Vlad's stash. You move to unjam his gun, but it looks like he's managed to handle it just fine.

Wave Two
Enemies Remaining 10/10

Look for a VR set.

[Insight: 2]

You have absolutely no idea where to find one behind all of these holograms.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2017, 10:23:30 am »

Switch back to my laser sniper rifle, and fire at the first visible hostile.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2017, 10:24:27 am »

Juniper taps his right hand.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2017, 12:26:32 pm »

move back downstairs to the south side and scan for targets.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2017, 04:02:34 pm »

Switch back to my laser sniper rifle, and fire at the first visible hostile.

Here they come! As opposed to the previous shambling figures, the shapes in the fog appear to be much more organized, and move with a great deal more purpose. From your side, you see two shapes in the fog.

[Conventional Weapons: 8+1]

Taking careful aim, you quickly dispatch one figure with a well-placed blast to the head. That's when you notice the other stopping and raising it's arms.

[?, Conventional Weapons: 8+?]
[Dexterity: 3+2]

Unfortunately, your reflexes aren't refined nearly enough even with the spider suit to avoid the oncoming fire!

[Endurance: 5]

Though the simulation doesn't make you feel the full impact of the shot that bursts into your gut, you feel a twinge in your abdomen as if someone had firmly tapped it.

Wave 2
Enemies Remaining: 9/10
Suit Integrity At 74%

Juniper taps his right hand.

He opens up his hand to reveal a black pawn. "Hm. You are black."

He bends over to the chessboard and moves a piece. "Your move"

Spoiler: Chess (click to show/hide)

move back downstairs to the south side and scan for targets.

You see three figures in the fog, two coming from the South and one coming from the West. They move with much more purpose than those in the last wave.

Wave 2
Enemies Remaining: 9/10

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2017, 04:07:07 pm »

"Black pawn G7,  to G6."

Juniper advances the piece.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33