Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 26374 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2017, 01:36:53 pm »

"Whoah, thanks Shannon! I feel like a million dollars! Or at least a million kronor. How on earth was that accomplished?"

Spell change: Moss and stomata occur on named target.
Or, If I can replace "Moss and fungus" with "stomata", just do that.

After changing that spell, Jeremiah closes and opens the crypt door.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:15:44 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »

...are you trying to turn people into plants?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2017, 02:12:36 pm »

No, I'm trying to facilitate gas exchange.
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »

"Next room opened becomes a lavatory"

Examine this new room in greater detail. What objects can be found in it? If Rosie's sure this room is safe, open the double doors here.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2017, 03:19:10 pm »

"Whoah, thanks Shannon! I feel like a million dollars! Or at least a million kronor. How on earth was that accomplished?"

"I saw that you were looking bad so I made a spell that gives you regeneration" Shannon said as he smiled at Jeramiah.

Spell change: Touched named target gains the ability of regeneration permanently > Touched named target gains the ability of hamon permanently

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2017, 04:19:24 pm »

"I saw that you were looking bad so I made a spell that gives you regeneration" Shannon said as he smiled at Jeramiah.

Spell change: Touched named target gains the ability of regeneration permanently > Touched named target gains the ability of hamon permanently

Hamon? I need additional context here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2017, 04:34:40 pm »

Hamon? I need additional context here.

Super power from jojo's bizarre adventure. It's basically the use of breathing in a special way to generate sun like energy that can harm vampires. Here is the wiki page.

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Ripple

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2017, 05:34:52 pm »

Yet still your wings don't let you pass through doors, you're still locked on the treasure room Next modification will be to make your wings smaller, If you don't wanna you can always make your wings bigger again. It can be still be used against winged opponents

"Touched target is smaller"> "touched wings is smaller" [Bad english? yes! Can understand? yes, maybe is enough]

*Cast target is smaller on the leather armor*

"hmm, when it get's out of the room it will get larger?"

*Leave and re-enter the room with the armor on hands, if the effect vanishes put the armor back, if not, wear it*

"Someone has a bucket? We can get water from the pipes there"

*Check traps/dangers on every new room minus the crypt (chantry first after it, the larder), when charged hugs jeremiah's wings and cast the new magic "touched winges is smaller"*

"Better?"

*Goes back to the larder and silently check what more is there*
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2017, 12:16:17 pm »

1 targeted male nearby doubles in size.
>
1 target nearby doubles in size.

Find another unopened door, and do the open/close routine until it looks useful.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »

Because I'm decently bored, I'l list my current plans on potential edits for future reference by myself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2017, 08:42:52 pm »

OceanSoul, please recall, regarding rooms, I think that having a forest room would be one of our best possibilities. We can forage for food, we can acquire lumber for construction and tool making, and so on and so forth.
And yes, as I've said, you can use it as a restroom.

A farm, a smithy, and other such rooms that would allow us means of sustainably having food or being able to make items for ourselves would be useful. Even if your guys can't use them, my guy can probably teach you.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2017, 09:43:53 pm »

A farm, a smithy, and other such rooms that would allow us means of sustainably having food or being able to make items for ourselves would be useful. Even if your guys can't use them, my guy can probably teach you.
Part of my plans deal with it, i haven't tought long term but....
Okay, i know that i already told this in and out of character, but always nice to have things organized.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2017, 04:37:30 pm »

Rosie inspects the chantry carefully. There aren't very much in terms of useful items, however. A chandelier in ceiling without candles, benches, a red carpet that needs cleaning, rags, empty barrels and boxes, rags, warm looking tapestries on walls... everything is more or less cluttered near walls leaving plenty of open space in middle. In a way it's a little suspicious. There's nothing immediately dangerous, but it brings into mind certain "boss room" feeling, an empty area just before the boss monster.

Jeremiah, still under burden of large wings and too small lungs, reopens the door. What's behind is a sometihng different from usual. It's like looking down from ceiling into a deep well, a complete perspective flip. On the bottom, that is the furthest wall from Jeremiah's viewpoint, is a skeleton in chains and manacles. More chains are on walls and instead of obeying conventional gravity, they seem to fall away from Jeremiah. This discrepancy between what he feels and what he sees makes him feel a little sick.

Octavian returns to the central hallway. There are still two closed doors in both ends, so he goes on to open one of them. He finds a garage. Entering from the side door he carefully thoroughly inspects the room, both horse pulled carts, a wagon and a carriage, tool shelves and spare wheels hanging on walls. Pair of double doors on left wall are waiting to be opened. It appears to be safe plus there are few wood worker's tools that could be useful, so he removes the door leading into the garage.

Walter follows Octavian's example and opens the last door in main hall. This door leads a massive, massive hall. Countles pillars dot the floor into far distance, each hosting doors of different sizes. And millions of sleek stone golems. Two meter tall golems, with thin limbs and glowing symbols engraved on every square centimeter of their skin walk in and out of the doors in constant stream. Some leave the hall closing door behind them, and others arrive to take their place to stand in lines. There's constant activity everywhere, like in a beehive. It looks like a very important place, but in the same time it looks extremely dangerous. "Nope", Walter decides, "I'm so not going in there" and he closes the door.

Meanwhile Little Finger experiments with magic. His spell shrinks the armor, but only a little, a one size smaller. It's still too large for him to wear. He briefly enters the audience hall and just as he was afraid, the armor grows back to its orignal size. Disappointed he puts it back into the chest and goes to check rooms others have opened. First is chantry where Rosie is suspecting a boss monster's appearance. While Little Finger's sharp eyes cannot detect any physical traps, it's still entirely possible there are magically triggered ones and since nobody has way to detect those it might be better to declare it as a potential danger zone.

Since his new spell is already charged he goes to cast it on Jeremiah's wings. It takes five casts before the wings are back to their original size and at that point he has already spent all charges. Despite of his wings looking much smaller Jeremiah still feels their full weight as if nothing happened and his breating and pulse isn't getting any better either. He tries to move them, but he feels them touching wall long before they appear to do so.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2017, 04:42:56 pm »

Go charge up my permanent omnilingualism spell and cast it on myself, then take full detailed inventory of the garage. Any hammers? Sledgehammers and warhammers are preferred.

"Target becomes more agile, permanently" (from "omnilingual")

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2017, 05:07:07 pm »

1 target nearby doubles in size.
>
1 target nearby can control size.

Continue opening/closing the door in search of a useful room.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20