Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48560 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #375 on: May 09, 2018, 10:10:51 pm »

"Yes," Nagisa said as she made a mental note of the three legendary beasts. "Before you tell us more about yourself, I would like to know who else is part of this 'Ghost Hunting Club and when can we join. The 'Geography Club seems a bit too reckless for my taste."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2018, 06:59:46 am »

Makiko shrinks back even further at the man's words about turning everything to rot. She looks closely at teh 'ninja' faces, memorizing their details for future reference. She attempts to discern what The Morrigan thinks of the old man.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2018, 01:12:09 am »

So the urge to help or destroy is simply in their nature. I suppose that makes diplomacy far simpler. "No, I can't say I have. Do the people of this land often wear masks? I have seen some people with white masks over their mouths."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2018, 06:22:33 am »

I still think they both are going to far just from what you told us. Making foes out of everything you dislike is stupid but treating everything as a friends is equally stupid.
Now can you tell me about the girl that rode one of the monsters here was she a monster with human form or a human leading an assuault using the monsters
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2018, 09:09:42 pm »

"Yes," Nagisa said as she made a mental note of the three legendary beasts. "Before you tell us more about yourself, I would like to know who else is part of this 'Ghost Hunting Club and when can we join. The 'Geography Club seems a bit too reckless for my taste."

"There are four students in the club besides the two of us, and two of them started this month."
"One of them is a longtime friend of mine named Chen. He's been in this world longer than I have, and he's the other officer," Youka takes over.
"We officially became a club when we got three members. That would be me, Chen, and a girl named Aya who was an independent monster hunter before we encountered her. The other two are newbies."

"While it would be grand to have three more new members, I don't have faith in Youka to manage a club that grows so fast," said Hway.
"I think this arrangement would be better for both of us--the three of you ought to stick together and I can watch over you in secret"

I still think they both are going to far just from what you told us. Making foes out of everything you dislike is stupid but treating everything as a friends is equally stupid.
Now can you tell me about the girl that rode one of the monsters here was she a monster with human form or a human leading an assuault using the monsters

"Huh?!"
Youka seemed to take your solecism to heart. "How should we know? Do you think we tried to cause this?"

Hway raises an open palm.
"Let's not become enemies on the first try, shall we? I agree with the knight clad in steel. The beasts are not strictly our enemies, which is why I want to take this opportunity to observe this strange occurrence, six beasts entering the world on one night. If they really do harbor some kind of plan, and aren't simply animals minding their own business, then perhaps it would be more accurate to call this a gathering of witches. As for that girl, that's--"

Miya stamps forward, with her dragon at her side, and a tooth necklace around her neck.
"A homunculus!" she says, waving around a disembodied arm pillaged from the corpse, studded with garlic sprouts.
"It's a magical construct created by taking ordinate matter and forcing it into an unnatural form. I always wanted to do this back when I was still alive!" she shouted with no twinge or caution as to who may overhear.

"I'm not sure that's how it works..." Youka sighed.

So the urge to help or destroy is simply in their nature. I suppose that makes diplomacy far simpler. "No, I can't say I have. Do the people of this land often wear masks? I have seen some people with white masks over their mouths."

"Ah, so you've noticed!" he stipulates. "I suppose these locals are a tad more methodical about keeping me away. But I ask you good sir, what is a life's end result? If people lived forever, there'd be nothing for the bugs to eat. Don't you know that the fields would all die out without bugs? There's no shame in being a part of the cycle."

Makiko shrinks back even further at the man's words about turning everything to rot. She looks closely at teh 'ninja' faces, memorizing their details for future reference. She attempts to discern what The Morrigan thinks of the old man.

Morrigan looks at him, but her expression is hard to gauge, as with most birds. Her feathers are neither ruffled nor taut, which sort of suggests to you that she is... curious about the old man? Uncertain, but at the same time unconcerned.
The many pupils residing inside Morrigan's glistening eyes don't seem to have anything to say on the matter. They migrate to and fro across the iris, tracking everything in sight at once. The mention of death does not seem to faze her, for she is a denizen of that great and unforgiving forest, after all.

(See dialogue above)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2018, 10:31:20 pm »

Mitsuru attracts the crows with some crumbs to let them out. She'll toss her rifle; its unloaded anyways.

What's this about clubs? Mitsuru will try to listen in and get the picture. Maybe one of theme would suit her. I'd sure like to talk with that monster again.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2018, 10:48:25 pm »

Mitsuru attracts the crows with some crumbs to let them out. She'll toss her rifle; its unloaded anyways.

What's this about clubs? Mitsuru will try to listen in and get the picture. Maybe one of theme would suit her. I'd sure like to talk with that monster again.

The crows can't see the crumbs. Rather improbable that they'd suddenly trust you again after stranding them here. It's up to you to chase after the sound until they catch a whiff of the smell of breadcrumbs, taken from your boxed lunch. As the two of them finally quell their fears and swoop down to your feet, you coax them up onto your arm once more and flip the switch, mentally speaking.

Mitsuru materializes out of a vague shadow, mere feet away from the cluster of students: Nagisa, Ryo, Miya, Youka, and Hway. Hway is the first to react, snapping her head to see what's going on, but showing no signs of alarm.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2018, 07:39:27 am »

"Ok aside from the people you have mentioned is there any other threats because I had a man in black bath robes attack me and fade through the floor once I had kicked his teeth in."

Searching through his pockets Ryo produced the Assassin's Plaque the man had left behind

" He dropped this"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:12:33 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2018, 10:53:30 am »

"I don't know..., " Nagisa murmured "You 'ghost hunters' seemed to be more experienced at this than us, who just now arriving last night,"

Nagisa paused when a blue-haired girl materialized nearby. Determining that she was no threat, Nagisa continued, "Not to mentioned that we're not used to this weirdness yet."

When Ryo spoke of someone who tried to kill him last night and produced a plaque he left behind, Nagisa thought about the plant 'demon' she and Makiko killed and the two halves of the mask it wore. She didn't feel like Miya explained it well, Perhaps Hway could provide more information?

Showing Hway her half of the mask, Nagisa will attempt to get more information about it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 17, 2018, 01:35:29 am »

"Ok aside from the people you have mentioned is there any other threats because I had a man in black bath robes attack me and fade through the floor once I had kicked his teeth in."

Searching through his pockets Ryo produced the Assassin's Plaque the man had left behind

" He dropped this"
"I don't know..., " Nagisa murmured "You 'ghost hunters' seemed to be more experienced at this than us, who just now arriving last night,"

Nagisa paused when a blue-haired girl materialized nearby. Determining that she was no threat, Nagisa continued, "Not to mentioned that we're not used to this weirdness yet."

When Ryo spoke of someone who tried to kill him last night and produced a plaque he left behind, Nagisa thought about the plant 'demon' she and Makiko killed and the two halves of the mask it wore. She didn't feel like Miya explained it well, Perhaps Hway could provide more information?

Showing Hway her half of the mask, Nagisa will attempt to get more information about it.

The plaque and mask evince a strange reaction from Hway. First she glared at the objects for a good few seconds.

"Those objects," she says as she calms her face. "Are a side-effect from the use of magic.
When you use magic against monsters, you are using magic to affect magic, hence nothing out of the ordinary has occurred. If a monster, which isn't physical, tries to attack a physical person with magic, then something has to get left behind, or else there would be no record of the encounter ever happening in the world."

Miya clutches her tooth necklace.
"That's my theory, at the very least. If you use magic on ordinary people, you would expect something analogous to happen. I can't say that's actually the case, so I find it a bit of a mystery. I'm not one to seek out these sorts of opportunities myself. If I had learned any healing magic... well, maybe that's what the Old Lady is after. That'd explain why it happens in hospitals."

"Don't they... store any magic? I've always treated mine as a charm..."

"Magic isn't a thing you store, no. Magic is everywhere. Normally, it's as still as tranquil water, and no one can see it. When someone uses magic, though, it stirs it up and creates a burst. Souls like me who know Seeker magic can notice it. Most beasts also have the sense to some extent.

These objects, you can consider them more like a projection of the beast that left it behind. Anything the mask does is the beast's doing. That plaque seems inert, and I can't sense anything coming off of it. Maybe it doesn't like being seen. You said it was from an assassin?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2018, 06:53:05 am »

Makiko doesn't have anything to say at this point. She's basically witnessing the onversation around her, and perhaps looking for an excuse to leave without drawing unnecessary attention to herself.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2018, 11:11:55 pm »

"Life's worth is whatever you make it worth, not in following a sinful and temporary cycle of death. From your statement though, I'm guessing you represent that cycle in some way."

Rebirth perhaps? He does seem to prefer plant-based attacks. But he also had those off white soldiers, so perhaps not.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 18, 2018, 12:36:20 am »

To be honest, Nagisa wasn't too sure of some of Hway's theory. After all, the plant 'demon' only dropped its mask when she shot it in the fact with her Celestial Musket and she was sure that it was a magical attack. Perhaps whether there is an item left behind is determined by whoever attacks first?

Such things will require further study. In the meantime, Ryo's story has finally caught her attention. It seems that Nagisa wasn't the only one who someone wanted dead.

"Ryo-san...," Nagisa paused as the honorific rolled off her tongue. Such a strange suffix denoting respect for an equal seemed strange coming from her Venetian mind yet seemed to be surfacing from the brain of this Japanese girl. Perhaps she is becoming more accustomed to her new body and its mannerisms? "Ryo-san, you say that someone tried to kill you last night. Perhaps our similar circumstances are connected. Here, let me take a look at the plaque. Perhaps Nagisa-That-Was would've known them, assuming she has any memories concerning them."

Read the plaque and attempt to remember anything concerning whoever is inscribed on the surface, if applicable. Regardless of success, ask Youka where to meet up later before returning to the cafeteria.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2018, 01:48:16 am »

Makiko doesn't have anything to say at this point. She's basically witnessing the onversation around her, and perhaps looking for an excuse to leave without drawing unnecessary attention to herself.

You peek around the rooftop, but you feel a soft tap on top of your head. Morrigan's eyes look at you.
She angles her head toward the skies. The crows are leaving. Around the school, the environment seems to have been turned back to normal, leaving acres of turf and a few sparse pockets of shrubbery on either side of the fence. The skies are still cloudy and dim, while electric torchlight paints the faces of not-so-distant skyscrapers on all sides.

You lean over and see Nagisa heading back onto the school building.

"Life's worth is whatever you make it worth, not in following a sinful and temporary cycle of death. From your statement though, I'm guessing you represent that cycle in some way."

Rebirth perhaps? He does seem to prefer plant-based attacks. But he also had those off white soldiers, so perhaps not.

"I represent nothing. I simply am! I am the agent of the cycle by which the old becomes new." He tosses one of the fruit on the floor, and worms spill out.
"Death and decay are a natural part of this world, and always have been. All these experiences have culminated in this body of mine. I'm sure that yours is the culmination of your own experiences. You're definitely not an accident with false memories--the home you once knew shows up in the history books, am I right?"
The old man shrugs and looks out toward the horizon.
"It looks like they're almost done cleaning up. I better leave before they come for me! See you around!" Vines rise up out of the ground and begin to wrap around his shins.

To be honest, Nagisa wasn't too sure of some of Hway's theory. After all, the plant 'demon' only dropped its mask when she shot it in the fact with her Celestial Musket and she was sure that it was a magical attack. Perhaps whether there is an item left behind is determined by whoever attacks first?

Such things will require further study. In the meantime, Ryo's story has finally caught her attention. It seems that Nagisa wasn't the only one who someone wanted dead.

"Ryo-san...," Nagisa paused as the honorific rolled off her tongue. Such a strange suffix denoting respect for an equal seemed strange coming from her Venetian mind yet seemed to be surfacing from the brain of this Japanese girl. Perhaps she is becoming more accustomed to her new body and its mannerisms? "Ryo-san, you say that someone tried to kill you last night. Perhaps our similar circumstances are connected. Here, let me take a look at the plaque. Perhaps Nagisa-That-Was would've known them, assuming she has any memories concerning them."

Read the plaque and attempt to remember anything concerning whoever is inscribed on the surface, if applicable. Regardless of success, ask Youka where to meet up later before returning to the cafeteria.

The plaque reads: Taken by the Himada Sun-Moon Clan
It's written the native language of your body, and it sounds like a group of assassins, but Nagisa probably wasn't associated with these people in life.

"I'm a bit partial to a camping trip myself..." Youka proffers to the group. "It would be a good opportunity to train you all. You can take the train to Yamanashi and meet at the camp ground. Plus, since you only arrived recently, we can show you all the modern equipment you guys missed out on over the past few hundred years."

Hway approaches Mitsuru.
"Looks like you got up to speed. Did you meet it yet?"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:34:25 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2018, 02:14:17 am »

Makiko will fly down to Nagisa, and then release Morrigan to wherever she goes when she's not here. Unless she wants to stick around. Makiko is cool with that.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29