Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 292829 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: Get rid of Padelheb
« Reply #1650 on: June 23, 2018, 02:54:40 pm »

You look like you gave the villian speech to Glass

Wait, we are villians in-game fighting against the rebels and surviving the rules of the fourth wall, that you have control and you as a GM and a entity of the game (as some characters like the mitani has direct contact with you) and you create the horrible things that are a bit worse than us like padel and making him get the virus Idea

Are you a villain of the game?

a kind of Thanus/darksied/devourer of adventure quest  that might control the fourth wall and bring doom to us all?  :P

That explain how you sometimes give too much information

Just talk loudly about how we need to deal with this fast before the little fingers genocide begins (without talking about Padel directly) If fansworth get scared "What the fuck you are saying" we explain it in front of the rebels
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 23, 2018, 03:13:54 pm »

Actually it's more about me trying to convince Blue that we deserve to be on the good side of the tropes for once and Blue getting ideas for what to do next, where I then proceed to guess what he's planning.
The plague thing derives from me explaining the general plot of what happened in the book I linked the Tvtropes page of, while the PSA came from us working out what everyone's role is.
Quote from: Discord stuff
Blue
But there are two meta forces at work ehre
The plot wants this to turn into a stereotypical adventure novel
And I want to create an enjoyable and long-term game
Ok?

Me
Yep
Normally, since the players are the protagonists, they work together pretty well
But in this case, we're the antagonists to the protagonists, who are NPCs
Thus the conflict
With the players often having to deal with the complications of life that make stories interesting - "we're playing a game, here's the random events that make it interesting" - while also having to deal with seemingly unbeatable "good guy" opponents - "this is a story, and the good guys always win".
We're the protagonists in some ways and the antagonists in others, leading to very confusing and irritating lives
Protagonists of the game, antagonists of the novel
The rebels are antagonists of the game but protagonists of the novel
And Padelheb is antagonist of the game and presently unknown in the novel
But we can change the dynamics of the game by revealing more details in the novel - one might say, by adding a twist.
The twist, in this case, is that Padel is the real enemy, not Erin or Celling.

Blue
Thank you for writing this game's Shmoop article for me, now go home
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 23, 2018, 07:53:13 pm »

Oh, hey, I just remembered.
Earlier, David was unable to give us a full prediction of what would happen with the plague because we weren't sure that Padel did it.
Now we are.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 24, 2018, 05:10:26 am »

Important note, make sure we imprison them in locations far away from anything important
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 25, 2018, 10:40:07 am »

D.

"Pull up and handcuff the rebels - hands behind their back, not in front - and remove all their weapons. We'll take the Andantesite and deactivate it safely, so that nobody else is hurt and the dock is kept undamaged. David, I want Julia's powers neutralized, if you can do that. If not, just let us know if she's going to try anything."
"Jacob, Anna, Julia, so long as you cooperate, you will not be harmed, but if you attempt to take action to escape or attack us, we will respond in kind. I will say this again, we would rather nobody get hurt here. Am I understood?"

“Very well,” replies Fansworth. “But how are we going to get them up?”

At that moment one of Fansworth’s men runs up holding a coil of thick rope, the kind used to bind ships to the shore. She snaps off a crisp salute. “Rope, sir!” she says.

“Field promotion,” Fansworth instantly replies, taking the rope and lowering it down through the hole. He tosses several pairs of handcuffs through as well. “Rebels, drop your weapons. Cherubs, pick up the weapons, search them, and handcuff them-”

“Behind their backs,” Celling reminds. “We don’t want any trouble, but will not hesitate to shoot.” He then turns around and addresses the men. “Hear that? We don’t want any trouble. These are surrendering men and prisoners of war. I can’t stress enough the importance of doing this by the book and not falling to the level of these maniacs. Nobody shoot unless I tell you to.”

“But take action to preserve your own lives before anything else,” adds Fansworth. Celling shoots him a look but says nothing.

Celling also places a call to David Eborrenial over radio. “Hey David? Can you tell us if Julia tries to do something?”

No, I can’t,” he answers. “Not without that beacon staff.

“How about neutralizing her powers?” Celling asks.

David sighs. “I don’t know much about elemental manipulation, but I think binding her hands should work. All sources we have agree that freedom of gesture is required to control it.

Jacob’s been pulled up and Anna+Julia are following behind. What do you do next?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 25, 2018, 03:53:24 pm »

everyone handcuffed? disarm the adantesite check then for hidden stuff and put them on different transportation units

ask julia if she is willing to cooperate

wait for julia to be outside her predictive range (ask david to give us advice on this) for us to decide our next action
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 28, 2018, 08:05:43 pm »

Anna and Julia are being brought up. They've dropped the Andantesite and the small control amulet. One of the Cherubs bends to pick them up.

“Don’t touch that!” shouts Anna. “Don’t touch the controller and don’t bring the Andantesite up! It’s set at very short range right now, and if you drag it up now the water tunnel collapses and everyone down there drowns?”

“So how are we supposed to get it up?” asks Celling.

“Tie it to the end of the rope,” Anna answers. She brushes her dark hair out of her face, and the wind blows it back. “Wait until everyone’s up before pulling it up. Then you can deactivate it up here.”

Fansworth rushes up to Celling and whispers in his ear, making sure the rebels can’t hear. “Celling, I don’t think that’s the best idea!”

“Why?” Celling whispers back.

“You said this psychic girl has unknown powers, right?” Fansworth says. “What if one of those powers is activating Andantesite by touch? I recommend we get everyone off as soon as possible and maser it while it’s still on the seabed. Getting it close to the rebels is a real liability.”

Celling turns back to Anna. “You could increase the range, right? Then we could bring it up now, safely.”

Anna nods. “With the control crystal, yes.”

“You can’t be seriously thinking of handing her the controller for that weapon,” says Fansworth.

Before Celling has a chance to answer he is interrupted by a sound that is becoming all too familiar. “I see you’ve captured our rogue prophet,” the voice of the Mittani drones on, sent to the radio transceiver Goonswarm gave Celling.

Celling quickly manages to hide it from Fansworth. “Yes, we have. So?”

We’ll take her now,” says the Mittani. “Turn her over to us.

“And if we don’t want to?” Celling asks.

We have snipers all around the dock. Our men are ready and yours are tired, demoralized, and decimated. Suffice it to say that if you refuse you certainly will not leave this place alive.

What do you do…

…about the Andantesite?

A: Anna’s suggestion: Wait for everyone to get up, then pull the Andantesite up and deactivate it.
B: Fansworth’s suggestion: Get everyone up, then deactivate the Andantesite on the seabed.
C: Give Anna the control crystal and tell her to extend the Andantesite’s range. Move it up, then get everyone else up.
D: Somethin else…

…about Julia?

A: Tell Goonswarm we’ll hand her over
B: Refuse
C: Pretend to agree while quietly getting your men ready to fight
D: Ask the rebels; they likely know what Goonswarm has in mind for her more than you do
E: Something else…
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 28, 2018, 08:28:36 pm »

B, then:

C + kinda D = Do C, while surreptitiously trying to get the rebels to understand what's happening and get their advice.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 28, 2018, 08:31:59 pm »

B, then:

C + kinda D = Do C, while surreptitiously trying to get the rebels to understand what's happening and get their advice.

Tell the rebels about what's happening?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 28, 2018, 08:36:06 pm »

Goonswarm. You know.
Of course, communicating the rest of the mess that has enveloped our life wouldn't hurt if there's time for that.
But focus on Goonswarm.
And that we're only pretending to give them their person.
Unless it's ok with them to give her to them.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 28, 2018, 10:23:09 pm »

Hmmm, we wan't cooperation with the goonswarm and make them closer to us? or subordinate them?

if yes, give them julia

if not, give JULIA the control of the adantesite, whisper her that she will be free if she can deal with the goonswarm and that we will tell her truth of what the rebels didn't knew about their plan. that C and D stuff

maybe we can recruit her, or have her as a neutral party

and that acter save us from this bold decision of trusting that a hero won't betray us
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 29, 2018, 07:59:51 am »

Can you agree on something or do I have to summon Fallacy?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 29, 2018, 02:37:02 pm »

DYNAMIC ENTRY!

B, then:

+1 to this.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 08, 2018, 12:20:35 pm »

“Get everyone up here,” Celling tells Fansworth. “We’ll laser the Andantesite at the first opportunity we get. We can’t risk the rebels capturing it again.”

“Alright,” Fansworth responds. He barks orders at the Cherubs and dogs to start climbing the rope.

Another guard runs up to Celling. “Should we detain the rebels together or apart, Celling? If we put them together, they may conspire. If we seperate them, we’ll stretch our forces thinner and an escape is easier.”

“Hold that thought, ma’am, I’ve got a call to make,” Celling answers. He clicks on the communicator to Goonswarm. “Mittani, I’m willing to hand over Julia.”

Good!” the voice on the other end goes. “I’m aware that there’s another party on the dock, sent from the South. See to it that we get her once she is fully in your custody.

The line goes dead. Celling walks up to the rebels to tell them.

How do you detain the rebels?

A: In one big group (No numerical penalties, but they can all discuss without you hearing)
B: Separated (Rolls for preventing their escape will be worst 2 of 3)
C: In a big group and small group. You have to tell me which rebel you wish to separate out. (The two that are together can discuss. If one group escapes first or they go simultaneously, the roll to stop the others as well is worst 2 of 3 due to guards being distracted)
D: Just shoot them
E: Something else…

What do you say to the rebels? I need Exact Words here. Just a few phrases or bullet points is OK, but I’d prefer a full speech.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 203