Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 292838 times)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Strong independent women
« Reply #1965 on: October 07, 2018, 09:21:46 pm »

Big part of this is that you are in the Prisoner's Dilemma, because you're being dragged off to jail to be questioned separately.
Well there's no need for that when we can tell them here and now.

Just shout "If anyone asks, you were forced to do it," right now?

Does that sound like the best idea?
No, say "Padel forced her to make a genocidal virus and was going to send it through the wormhole," right now.

+1
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 07, 2018, 10:26:59 pm »

A, but also state that she was forced to do so by Padel. State he was willing to imprison, and imply potentially execute, all of the Republic's top scientists until he found one that would do as he wanted.
+1
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1967 on: October 09, 2018, 04:40:03 pm »

"I don't know,” David admits. “I just know where you can begin your search. Go to the piers. Once you get there, don’t trust the bees and the king. Your friend has a yellow hand."

You know what's really scary? I've completely forgotten what David was referring to in this scene.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 09, 2018, 04:52:18 pm »

Bees - Goonswarm
King - Mittani, the swarm's "ruler"
Your friend has a yellow hand - yellow is gold, the friend is the pyrokineticist. It means she's desirable, specifically to the Goons

By the way take a look at this
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:04:05 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 11, 2018, 04:19:11 pm »

Bees - Goonswarm
King - Mittani, the swarm's "ruler"
Your friend has a yellow hand - yellow is gold, the friend is the pyrokineticist. It means she's desirable, specifically to the Goons

Thing is, I can't even refute that, because I don't know. I'm Wild Mass Guessing my own game!

By the way take a look at this

The fourth wall is almost certainly an SCP, of course.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 11, 2018, 04:22:10 pm »

Then there’s this:

For A: Glass, Iridium, Fallacy
For B: Omada, Rockeater, Spin (first two are implicit votes)
Shout out right now: Glass, Iridium

I rule that "shout out right now" is a subset of A, so requesting more tiebreak power.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 11, 2018, 04:50:14 pm »

You asked me to tiebreak, but I'm in the tie. So, I tiebreak in favour of B!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 11, 2018, 04:51:23 pm »

You asked me to tiebreak, but I'm in the tie. So, I tiebreak in favour of B!

No.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 11, 2018, 05:25:10 pm »

let's shout so

A2 (?)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1974 on: October 11, 2018, 08:49:24 pm »

Big part of this is that you are in the Prisoner's Dilemma, because you're being dragged off to jail to be questioned separately.
Well there's no need for that when we can tell them here and now.

Just shout "If anyone asks, you were forced to do it," right now?

Does that sound like the best idea?
No, say "Padel forced her to make a genocidal virus and was going to send it through the wormhole," right now.
Prisoner's dilemma, prisoner's schmilemma. +1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: October 17, 2018, 10:31:05 pm »

NOTICE"Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot. — BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR, per G.G., Chief of Ordnance."
— Mark Twain, Epigraph to Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, 1885

You’ve chosen A+

Erin Quill strides purposefully into the hall, bluntly pushing open the ornate wooden double doors. Two guards follow him, alert but not threatening. After the first several rounds of questioning convinced them that he wasn’t trying to escape in any way, his keepers had stopped jumping at his every move.

The hall was simply built, with lines of white marble arches flanking the long floor on either side, revealing shadowy side wings and windows. A red carpet ran the length of the room down the middle. The grand, arching ceiling seemed to glow white, and the ornate, golden throne of the South is framed by spectral gray light flowing through the window behind it.

Old age is clearly taking its toll on King Karastotz. His hair is gloomy white, his face wrinkled, his eyes somewhat dulled, but he still sits on his throne with a regality befitting the ruler of the Nation Atop The World. Erin moves to kneel before him.

“Don’t bother, Erin,” Karastotz says. Erin stands back up. “Now. Erin Quill, former royal scientist of the Republic of the South, what do you have to say?”

“Nothing that I have not said before,” Erin answers briskly. “To the best of my knowledge, Mira Kethalyn was coerced into making a biological weapon that could wipe out all humans not descended from Antarctica.”

“An accusation which, luckily for you, she does not deny,” the king interjects.

“My lord, I should note that I’m sure Padelheb would be the type to imprison and execute every scientist that went against him until he found one that would do what he told.”

“Stop making excuses for her, Quill. I knew Padelheb. He was perfectly capable of manipulating her to do whatever he wanted. She is as blameless as you.”

A young, thin, and sharply dressed man steps out of the shadows, holding a stoppered vial. It’s clear and a liquid sloshes within. “Shouldn’t we take a sample out of this first, to make sure it’s what he says it is?”

King Karastotz gestures at the man. “Quill, meet our new Guardian of the State, Enir Nest.”

Quill is paying more attention to the vial in his hands. He points at it. “That’s the bioweapon? You still have that thing lying around? Why? You need to destroy it. As soon as possible.”

“How would you recommend destroying it?” asks Karastotz.

“Incineration,” says Quill without hesitation. “I’d prefer it to be dropped into a volcano or something, but any standard autoclave should do. Hell, pouring it down the drain may be safe enough. Neither component virus is that well known for surviving in the wild. The important thing is that it’s destroyed before it comes near a possible host.”

“And that would remove all evidence that could prove or disprove your story,” Nest notes.

“I think that Mira’s papers and earlier experiments should make it quite clear what she was trying to do. And we can’t test it unless we expose it to an Argentinian, and that would condemn them to a painful death. Taking a sample runs a risk of letting it out, and that would kill several million people. It has to go, as soon as possible.”

Nest seems to consider this. “Good point,” he says. He hands the vial over to Quill, who carefully receives it. King Karastotz motions Quill over and hands him a pen light.

“UV light,” the King explains. “I took it from the guard that captured you and personally saw to it that it was tamper-proofed, then signed my seal into it in around seven different varieties of invisible ink. I want you to have no doubt that you are destroying the right thing, Quill. You should be able to verify at any point that you’re not holding a fake. We can’t afford for it to get lost or stolen in transit. It goes straight from here to the nearest autoclave, don’t put it down until it’s destroyed.”

“Yes, sir,” says Quill.

Nest coughs. “There is one matter to discuss. We have to consider whether we’re going to let the people of South America know how close they came to destruction. Leaving them in the dark will make the death of Padelheb look suspicious, but how they will react to knowledge of the bioweapon is… unpredictable.”

What should we do?

A: “Don’t tell them. Padelheb’s lies will die in time, but this will scare them.” (Accepts a -1 Political)
B: “We have to tell them. They have a right to know, and they’ll find out eventually.” (Rather risky Political roll)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 17, 2018, 10:37:34 pm »

A
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 17, 2018, 10:58:18 pm »

C (with A as a secondary if this doesn't gain enough traction): We reveal the parts that incriminate Padel and prove he needed to die (such as his planned genocide of the South Americans [potentially planned to later extend to other groups] and attempts to make the military loyal solely to him), while leaving out the things that could cause mass panic (bioweapon, wormhole abuse potentially resulting in world sterilization, and other things of that magnitude).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1978 on: October 18, 2018, 12:52:26 am »

B is for besponsible bisclosure (or maybe birresponsible bisclosure!)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: October 18, 2018, 11:03:32 pm »

C (with A as a secondary if this doesn't gain enough traction): We reveal the parts that incriminate Padel and prove he needed to die (such as his planned genocide of the South Americans [potentially planned to later extend to other groups] and attempts to make the military loyal solely to him), while leaving out the things that could cause mass panic (bioweapon, wormhole abuse potentially resulting in world sterilization, and other things of that magnitude).
+1 to C.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 203