Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291891 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2017, 11:53:09 am »

Everything you've requested is just known information, so no dice rolls this time.

1. Get info
a) Is the incident related to the governor case or just another one? (probably we will only discover after solving the problem)

Witnesses give descriptions similar to those of the four rebels that escaped the earlier fiasco, namely, a old man, two boys, and a girl, in the 16-22 range.

b) What else is rumored to be in the museum, weapons? Magical shit from other worlds? Maps of an old sewer that may help the rebels sneak past us? Or just something to demoralize us?

Ooh. This is a goodie.

The Emperor that built this place was rumored to have a coastal defence system known as "The Wall" - a 100-mile-long wall which was able to manipulate gravity (!) to generate tsunamis and destroy attacking ships. The working core of the Wall was a glossy green crystalline material which was studded along the barrier and created gravitational anomalies when exposed to sunlight.

Sound familiar? Yeah, right... They just happened upon the treasure trove of andantesite.

The museum was built around the control center of The Wall, an ornate cathedral with an organ-looking thing in the center. The control crystals were small, de-energized pieces of andantesite, each of which was linked to a crystal in The Wall just outside. Rotation of the control crystal would cause the larger crystal outside to change the direction of gravity near it - this could be used to fire precise waves at incoming ships.

Most of the Wall was shelled to pieces when Robert the Conqueror attacked the coastal empire around 250 years ago. Robert promptly got beaten up by us, the Southern Republic. The rest was ruined when a chance lightning bolt hit the control panel 76 years ago, destroying most of the control mechanism and overloading every remaining weapon crystal, causing the entire wall to sail two miles in the air before crashing back to Earth. Most of the crystals were either annihilated or shattered in this event.

The museum also contains some original texts describing the operation of the weapon. No successful firing is on record, so most regard it as some kind of a myth. The comparatively recent discovery of andantesite's characteristics and uses lends more credence to this theory.

But still, big problem.

2. Secure and lock
A) close all ground-level exits, no one come near, there is a madman there trying to erase history that we have to deal before he hurts innocent people (and this way we can screw him with our more unethical ways without someone noticing)

Done. It's blockaded, all exits are watched including the gaping hole in the wall where they went in. The intruders have sealed themselves in the control room, taking the researchers there hostage.

B) Survey the area, any tunnel or sewer entrance that we can close/send our troops in a surprise attack?

The old building didn't have sewers or tunnels. The museum uses modern plumbing that is just barely big enough to stick a head and shoulders in. One of our uplifted huskies could fit... for a certain value of "fit" that involves some squishing and a really long pole. Plus, the dogs were developed in Antarctica and the first shipment is still half a day away.

3) attempt to *cough* negotiate *cough*

It's become common knowledge among political circles that the last batch of negotiators was made into a smudge on the ground. This batch wants your personal guarantee that there are no explosives in their vests.

Do you give it?
A: Don't give them suicide vests and tell them this fact.
B: Tell them it's bombs or nothing.
C: Tell them they're safe, but still put bombs in their vests
D: Don't put bombs, but tell them there are (don't know why you would like to do this, psychological stuff maybe?)
E: Give up.
F: Give them strictly non-lethal weapons and inform them of this fact.
G: Reassure them that if they fail, we won't blow them up - we'll just blockade the place and let them starve with the rest.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:48:33 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2017, 12:12:53 pm »

F: gas bombs instead. Something to knock out the rebels. tell the diplos that there are no explosives.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2017, 12:14:48 pm »

F: gas bombs instead. Something to knock out the rebels. tell the diplos that there are no explosives.

This is within our chemical ability.

Added as option F.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2017, 12:17:07 pm »

G: tell them not to worry, we can't afford to use explosives around such a delicate historical artifact that we might leave be able to restore into weapon system.  Tell them however that if they fail, will send in another team to seal up all the exits until the starving hooligans surrender.

Which is to say that if they mess this up we will be unable to extract them until this whole thing is over.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:26:10 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2017, 12:18:48 pm »

F: tell them not to worry, we can't afford to use explosives around such a delicate historical artifact that we might leave be able to restore into weapon system.  Tell them however that if they fail, will send in another team to seal up all the exits until the starving hooligans surrender.

Wait, is your F an extension on the gas idea or a totally separate thing? Made entirely moot by clarification edit.

And we aren't restoring this into a weapon system anytime soon... as I've said, the control panel is almost entirely gone and so is the actual weapons engine.

Taking next proposal to get 2 votes.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:34:09 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2017, 12:57:10 pm »

+1.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2017, 01:07:28 pm »

F

"Don't worry" the diplomats are told, "This is just chloroform".

The diplos walk up to the gate and knock. "We're here to parly!" they shout.

There is silence for several long minutes - then the middle-aged man appears on one of the ledges outside the control room (but inside the walls). He holds a gun to the head of some random researcher.

"I'm tired of your games!" he shouts. "Here's the deal - you're going to let us all out with whatever we need or everyone in here's dead."

State of the Empire in OP has been updated.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:48:51 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2017, 01:27:40 pm »

It'll be a shame to lose those researchers....but from what I've gathered if these guys successfully get those materials, then our capital is just about finished, so I'm afraid we might have to break a few eggs to make this omelette.

>Tell then that they can go ahead and shoot the researchers we can train more, tell them that if they surrender now we will offer amnesty to any of their associates and that we will commute their sentence from excruciatingly slow death, to exile in the wilderness.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:30:13 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2017, 01:40:41 pm »

It'll be a shame to lose those researchers....but from what I've gathered if these guys successfully get those materials, then our capital is just about finished, so I'm afraid we might have to break a few eggs to make this omelette.

>Tell then that they can go ahead and shoot the researchers we can train more, tell them that if they surrender now we will offer amnesty to any of their associates and that we will commute their sentence from excruciatingly slow death, to exile in the wilderness.

No. The only andantesite in the museum is the three remaining control shards as well as a bunch of fragments. These are large enough to be used in the Shield, but to do an overload they would need something like an entire offensive crystal, and if any of those are still intact they'd be scattered along the coast.

Plus, they need to get sunlight into the deepest bunker of our military base - not an easy job! Plus nobody knows where the base actually is.

Still, anyone wanna +1?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:00:26 am by blueturtle1134 »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2017, 10:00:14 am »

Alright, seriously? Paxie's plan it is.

The rebels are told that they can just go ahead and shoot those researchers, they aren't getting the materials out. Amnesty and exile are offered to anyone that surrenders.

The old man prepares to start killing. The girl runs out and stops him. The two boys show up and chip in. There's soon a full blown moral argument on the balcony.

You could conceivably do something while they're distracted.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:49:13 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2017, 01:20:09 pm »

I'm  sorry for being your biggest fan, you probably deserve better :-(

Joke Suggestion: Grab some popcorn, and a listening device, tell them to take as long as they need as they are clearly providing a good example of the disunity and chaos that comes from opposing the "benevolent" ruler of the "democratic" southern republic .

Real Suggestion: See if we can fire gass cannister into their midst while their arguing, if it seems we can't get an accurate trajectory call for a camouflaged dirigible to drop some parachutist police into the the building,  if none of that becomes available, tell them that they have 1 minute to surrender  before we start shooting them. (Mostly The Older gentleman as he's clearly armed and a threat)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »

I'm  sorry for being your biggest fan, you probably deserve better :-(

Joke Suggestion: Grab some popcorn, and a listening device, tell them to take as long as they need as they are clearly providing a good example of the disunity and chaos that comes from opposing the "benevolent" ruler of the "democratic" southern republic .

Real Suggestion: See if we can fire gass cannister into their midst while their arguing, if it seems we can't get an accurate trajectory call for a camouflaged dirigible to drop some parachutist police into the the building,  if none of that becomes available, tell them that they have 1 minute to surrender  before we start shooting them. (Mostly The Older gentleman as he's clearly armed and a threat)

The "Joke Suggestion" might actually be better than the real one. The rule is to never assume the Empire is smarter than it is stated to be. You didn't ask for gas launchers or dirigibles or parachutists, so you don't get them. It's just a classic police blockade at this point.

I'll wait for Glass or something. On second thought, these free-suggestion things take longer to respond to than normal ones, so I'll just run with your real suggestion.

By the way, I'm not a stickler for separating casual conversation from story posts, but if I'm editing a conversation post I'll double post on the story, because you don't get notified of edits, and I want you notified of my story. I can stop if you want.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:15:55 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2017, 02:42:22 pm »

We're doing the joke suggestion because demoralizing the enemy is always better.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2017, 02:47:18 pm »

We're doing the joke suggestion because demoralizing the enemy is always better.

Fine by me, as a bit of googling reveals there's no such thing as knockout gas.

The debate slowly moves inside the building as the negotiators keep up a steady commentary about how divided they are, along with eating popcorn and attempting to intercept their conversation.

Several minutes later, one of the teenage boys opens the door with his hands up.

He offers to surrender and says he only got dragged into this because he had a crush on the girl, that he's sick and tired of all this killing and having to be scared all the time.

The girl almost shouts herself hoarse calling him a traitor from the balcony. The older gentleman drags her away.

What do you do with the guy?
A: Exile him into the wild as promised
B: Question him on the group's next action
C: Let him go but quietly follow him
D: Imprison him
E: Kill him

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:49:38 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2017, 02:58:47 pm »

Exile him to the wilderness... to the Australian wilderness. If he's not dead in a week, have him quietly assassinated, set up to look like an attack by the local wildlife.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 203