Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290771 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #585 on: November 18, 2017, 11:46:40 am »

The question is not whether I will release it, but whether you will pay up. It will bother me by a minimal amount to see the collapse of your government and might bring me some minor amusement. Yes, it is a lose-lose situation, but are you truly willing to stake your regime on my goodwill?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 18, 2017, 12:26:07 pm »

Oh damn, we have a joker here, he will probably burn the money when he get it

GOD DAMN JUST SOMEONE VOTE TO PAY
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 18, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »

Oh damn, we have a joker here, he will probably burn the money when he get it

GOD DAMN JUST SOMEONE VOTE TO PAY

No, just a prisoner's dilemma. It's not logical that he would release the information if there's nothing to gain... except if he's not logical, in which it would be logical to pay him... in which he could still be logical if you think he's not logical...

This is why America has "don't negotiate with terrorists". It's a thorny situation.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 18, 2017, 12:58:19 pm »

Do we have any way to trace money ??? IF so we pay, if we have another guaranteed way of tracking him we pay, if no then we should begin a media blackout immediately, this will of course raise suspicions  but we can claim that a government take over of the network is a temporary measure to prevent them being hacked and our infrastructure destroyed, which in a sense it is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 18, 2017, 01:01:49 pm »

-_-

[phone covered] Who the hell ever thought that the Cherubs could possibly be a good idea?!?
Tyrant Leviathan broached the idea, I foolishly supported it.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 18, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »

It's time to put some consequences to results too. While protests are in progress around the city, any rolls with anything to do with it will use 1d6 and 1d4 instead of 2d6. Allow it to escalate and we're going to 1d2 + 1d6 Thus your actions will be less predictable as well as generally worse. I was going to make a big algorithm to calculate it but decided that the effort/return isn't good enough.

-_-

[phone covered] Who the hell ever thought that the Cherubs could possibly be a good idea?!?
Tyrant Leviathan broached the idea, I foolishly supported it.

Yeah, I just found the posts.

Do we have any way to trace money ??? IF so we pay, if we have another guaranteed way of tracking him we pay, if no then we should begin a media blackout immediately, this will of course raise suspicions  but we can claim that a government take over of the network is a temporary measure to prevent them being hacked and our infrastructure destroyed, which in a sense it is.

No, we can't. We can note the serial numbers and run a search if they're deposited though, but it might not turn up results in some places.

Your vote?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 18, 2017, 02:03:13 pm »

My vote is to do that serial number thing, pay him and stake out the area, if he tries to parse this through a third party we take direct control over the radios and televisions if we have the later. We storm newspaper offices with a separate excuse, the point being that he is an existential threat to the regime at this point and that we cannot treat this lightly. Either will do this directly or we will have to take other measures.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 18, 2017, 02:06:19 pm »

My vote is to do that serial number thing, pay him and stake out the area, if he tries to parse this through a third party we take direct control over the radios and televisions if we have the later. We storm newspaper offices with a separate excuse, the point being that he is an existential threat to the regime at this point and that we cannot treat this lightly. Either will do this directly or we will have to take other measures.

"parse"?

You're saying seize the news before or after he releases?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 18, 2017, 02:32:44 pm »

Remember, everyone:

losing is FUN!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 18, 2017, 03:39:34 pm »

Can we pick up the loyalists and evacuate to someplace else when the populace rises against us, then wait and let them realize that they have no idea what in nine kinds of hell it is that they're doing?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 18, 2017, 03:48:07 pm »

"parse"?

Dran i may have used the word incorrectly, but basically I meant''If he uses a middle man do not trust it'' and BEFORE, definitely BEFORE.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 18, 2017, 04:06:05 pm »

"parse"?

Dran i may have used the word incorrectly, but basically I meant''If he uses a middle man do not trust it'' and BEFORE, definitely BEFORE.

Oh, you mean:

• Put the money
  • Grab whoever comes
  • If it's not the main guy then BLOCK ALL NEWS

The word is "pass". You "pass" through something, like a middleman.

Can we pick up the loyalists and evacuate to someplace else when the populace rises against us, then wait and let them realize that they have no idea what in nine kinds of hell it is that they're doing?

Issue is there's no real revolt yet, just a bunch of concerned citizens. We can't pick out a loyalist segment to lift out. And if we move everyone but those that protest, well... that'll just make it worse.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 18, 2017, 04:09:28 pm »

Issue is there's no real revolt yet, just a bunch of concerned citizens. We can't pick out a loyalist segment to lift out. And if we move everyone but those that protest, well... that'll just make it worse.
Let me rephrase that: if we have a legit uprising/revolution/etc. on our hands, can we just say "ok, see you all later, go ahead and figure out how to government for yourselves" and leave for some area with a higher concentration of loyalists??
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:22 pm »

Let me rephrase that: if we have a legit uprising/revolution/etc. on our hands, can we just say "ok, see you all later, go ahead and figure out how to government for yourselves" and leave for some area with a higher concentration of loyalists??

Yeah, if we get revolution'd we have reasonably good evac plans for everyone of worth. But where would we go? Everyone in Antarctica lives in the Capital, and Brazil is not the most sympathetic place for us.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 18, 2017, 04:26:11 pm »

It looks like the majority of you want to pay up, mark the bills, stake out the site, track him down. So we’ll do that.

The Acme factory is a large brick building. The back lot is for personnel to park and cargo to be delivered. Looking towards the building, there are some piles of sand and gravel to the right. To the left is a street where cars enter the lot. Behind is a small grove of palm trees. To the far right there is another street then a residential sector, and on the left-hand side of the building there is a door.

The money is placed in a briefcase behind the building, as requested. The serial IDs are noted and placed on the Treasury watchlist so banks will notify us if they are deposited. Our men set up shop around the back lot, taking measuring equipment on all sides of the drop site as well as inside the building. Dogs are put there as well.

A few hours later we get a phone call. It’s the manager of the Acme factory, and says he’s heard of employees seeing suspicious men with surveillance equipment near the building. He asks if we have any operations in the area.

What do we tell him?
A: “Yes, we do, but we can’t tell you.”
B: “Yes,” and explain so he can help us
C: “No, we do not.”
D: “That’s classified, sir.”
E: Something else…
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 203