Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290727 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #600 on: November 18, 2017, 04:28:59 pm »

A.
"Yes, sir, we do, but the situation is delicate and we cannot give details at this time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 18, 2017, 04:45:39 pm »

Can we pick up the loyalists and evacuate to someplace else when the populace rises against us, then wait and let them realize that they have no idea what in nine kinds of hell it is that they're doing?

Issue is there's no real revolt yet, just a bunch of concerned citizens. We can't pick out a loyalist segment to lift out. And if we move everyone but those that protest, well... that'll just make it worse.
Let me rephrase that: if we have a legit uprising/revolution/etc. on our hands, can we just say "ok, see you all later, go ahead and figure out how to government for yourselves" and leave for some area with a higher concentration of loyalists??

Yeah, if we get revolution'd we have reasonably good evac plans for everyone of worth. But where would we go? Everyone in Antarctica lives in the Capital, and Brazil is not the most sympathetic place for us.

We move to europe and become flipping celebrities, thats what.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 18, 2017, 04:53:21 pm »

E; Require him to identify himself, if he convinces us he's harmless, tell him, If he convinces he iss a cive but might be able to spread the info and is untrustworthy from his description when we ask him to then Thats classified If he is someone somewhere even vaugley in the government give him some vauge details but reassure him that barring things going horribly wrong both he and the factory shold be fine.

Basically consider who he is before responding, ask him to identify himself and go from there.

[I do not know if we have state-owned industry here, and he could be lying about just being a manager]

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 18, 2017, 05:17:33 pm »

E; Require him to identify himself, if he convinces us he's harmless, tell him, If he convinces he iss a cive but might be able to spread the info and is untrustworthy from his description when we ask him to then Thats classified If he is someone somewhere even vaugley in the government give him some vauge details but reassure him that barring things going horribly wrong both he and the factory shold be fine.

Basically consider who he is before responding, ask him to identify himself and go from there.

[I do not know if we have state-owned industry here, and he could be lying about just being a manager]
SECRET TEXT CLICK ME: https://imgur.com/a/Zb6qM
We don't have state-run industries. He has identified himself as Brufa Deler, manager of the Acme concrete factory on Reta and Kefat streets. This checks out with the records. Nothing to note.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 18, 2017, 05:31:22 pm »

Kefat
This is supposed to be "Kefut", yes?

Also, your transparency failed miserably. "Rebel Fraud" and "Utter Fake".

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 18, 2017, 05:47:34 pm »

SECRET TEXT CLICK ME: https://imgur.com/a/Zb6qM
We don't have state-run industries. He has identified himself as Brufa Deler, manager of the Acme concrete factory on Reta and Kefat streets. This checks out with the records. Nothing to note.

D, THEN.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 18, 2017, 05:49:38 pm »

Kefat

oH shit, the gig is up then.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 18, 2017, 07:33:27 pm »

Kefat

Dammit, I forgot that Notifications convert to plaintext. In the future I'll have to edit it in later to suppress the notification.

I reserve the right to retcon any and all implications of that message all the way to hell.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2017, 08:02:19 pm »

Kefat

Dammit, I forgot that Notifications convert to plaintext. In the future I'll have to edit it in later to suppress the notification.

I reserve the right to retcon any and all implications of that message all the way to hell.
To be quite honest, I was kind of wondering if it was supposed to be as obvious as you (evidently accidentally) made it in order to just confuse us even more. So... basically changes nothing.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2017, 08:09:21 pm »

Kefat

To be quite honest, I was kind of wondering if it was supposed to be as obvious as you (evidently accidentally) made it in order to just confuse us even more. So... basically changes nothing.

I was hoping you'd have to highlight it to see it... and TOTALLY FORGOT that the notif system was a thing.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 19, 2017, 09:45:16 am »

So what's your new vote?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 19, 2017, 08:59:33 pm »

Still D, because I feel we should remain cautious.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 19, 2017, 11:11:36 pm »

Some time ago Omada suggested some methods of control which I noted and prepared to roll, but didn’t. D’oh!

I also am creating a more detailed system to measure civil disruption: The Civil Disruption Quotient

This is simply the percentage of the 2nd dice that will be lost, rounded down. CDQ 75% = 1d4, CDQ 50% = 1d3, and so on.

It starts at 40 and goes down 5% every day (in-game) that nothing increases it.

The penalty for civil disruption applies to these as well. The penalty for paying up, however, does not, as this predates the paying up in game-time

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

We begin an investigation into the source of the leaked information. It seems that the photographs and notes originated from one Sark Rayburg, the surgeon in charge during the operations.

We drag him in for questioning, but he refuses to say anything and asks for his lawyer.

The investigation of protest leaders doesn’t go much better. One, Pileus Read, got into a divorce around 12 years ago, but that can’t be used for anything.

Our attempts at pointing out canine intelligence are just met with more claims of hypocrisy. “You’d never let them join human society!” one protester derides. “They’re just weapons to you and you’d like them to stay that way!”

What helps a bit more is that the dogs give a rather… rousing speech, in which they explain the reason for their loyalty and deride the protestors for insulting their intelligence. “We have decided that the Republic is a cause worth fighting for,” they say. “A pack must stay together to survive. Dogs and humans have very different talents, but that makes it all the more important that we stand together against the evils outside and the darkness within!”

In a surprise turn of events, the dogs also formally request to be acknowledged as citizens of the Republic. This is of course for the courts to decide, but a little pushing from Erin can’t hurt.

Finally, efforts are underway to disguise our part in the Cherub project. Namely, to pin the blame on another rebel group in Brazil. Elaborate sets of fake evidence are being created when one scientist, whose notes were used to falsify evidence, comes forward. He says he’s seen some suspicious things done with his notes and demands to know the reason for this.

CDQ: 75% 25%

For my own benefit as well as yours, here’s everything the Republic has so far:
  • +1 military
  • +2 scientific
  • +0 informational
  • +0 political
  • BONUS: Scientific designs get one die automatically 4
  • BONUS: D7s are rolled on anything relating to Wenton Celling
  • Fingerprint scanners on military base doors
  • Uplifted dogs
  • Lobotomized child soldiers called “Cherubs”
  • Plans for a shield against Andantesite wormhole disruption, although power-intensive and requiring a lot of Andantesite
  • Large, cracked Andantesite shard, ready to link
  • Radio-frequency Andantesite disruptor - 14.03 hour working time
  • Loading of wormhole onto SFN Pylos planned, to follow Magellan back home

The following questions are up
  • How much do we tell the manager? Knowing that he’s a “rebel fraud” and “utter fake”
  • What do we do about Sark Rayburg, suspected of leaking information but uncooperative?
  • Do we lean on the courts to allow Canine citizenship?
  • What do we do about the scientist, who knows what we’re doing with the fake evidence but is now in our office and could be silenced if needed?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:16:08 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2017, 11:14:25 pm »

Grant the dogs citizenship.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 20, 2017, 12:13:37 am »

Q1. I dunno, this got me confused and i am sleepy

Q2. Let his lawyer in, continue investigation to look for evidence

Q3. let they have citizenship, maybe we can even negotiate a proper salary pension for their puppies in case of whatever as military, their kids could study/train whatever (we will need to revolutionize training/pedagogy and if they suceed in somewhere other than military they can follow their new areas of study)

Q4. I am pretty sure, that if we kill him the blackmailer will come.

Hmm, try to get info to know if he is alone on this (if he is we might disappear with him or not) and while we ask if he can't see that if we not do this the stability will be in risk see his backstory, maybe he needs money or have shit somewhere, everyone has his price
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 203