Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290744 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #615 on: November 20, 2017, 10:37:12 am »

Hmm, try to get info to know if he is alone on this (if he is we might disappear with him or not) and while we ask if he can't see that if we not do this the stability will be in risk see his backstory, maybe he needs money or have shit somewhere, everyone has his price

Nothing notable about his history. No reason to have beef with the Republic. He says he hasn't told anyone and doesn't want money, if it's for the good of the Republic he'll hold his tongue.

“Oh,” he says. “Now I've said that I'm alone and haven't told anyone, which is the cue for you to put me in a big sack and drag me off to be horrifically experimented on, right?”
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 20, 2017, 12:52:44 pm »

“Oh,” he says. “Now I've said that I'm alone and haven't told anyone, which is the cue for you to put me in a big sack and drag me off to be horrifically experimented on, right?”
"Not necessarily. We're going to question you a bit more first. After that... maybe. Experimented, yes. Horrifically, no."

Grant the dogs citizenship.
+1.

Also: Canine Retirement Program: For good PR and to make our neo-dogs happier, our older dogs may choose to retire(or pseudo-retire, joining the Canine Reserves) with a Republic family chosen by said dog.

And something we really should do:

Academy in Marksmanship(AIM): Those rebels have proved hard to hit with conventional bullets. The Academy in Marksmanship (Academy of Marksmanship uses better grammar, but doesn't have the good acronym) will train our best marksmen into Elite Mooks with ridiculously good aiming skills. They will furthermore be given training in crossbow use to increase the dramatic odds of their hitting. Bonus points if we can create poisoned and explosive crossbow bolts.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 20, 2017, 01:19:52 pm »

"Not necessarily. We're going to question you a bit more first. After that... maybe. Experimented, yes. Horrifically, no."

Grant the dogs citizenship.
+1.

Also: Canine Retirement Program: For good PR and to make our neo-dogs happier, our older dogs may choose to retire(or pseudo-retire, joining the Canine Reserves) with a Republic family chosen by said dog.

And something we really should do:

Academy in Marksmanship(AIM): Those rebels have proved hard to hit with conventional bullets. The Academy in Marksmanship (Academy of Marksmanship uses better grammar, but doesn't have the good acronym) will train our best marksmen into Elite Mooks with ridiculously good aiming skills. They will furthermore be given training in crossbow use to increase the dramatic odds of their hitting. Bonus points if we can create poisoned and explosive crossbow bolts.
+1 to all this. And yes, the rule of drama makes crossbow bolts, which you can see sticking out of their targets, and which are (hypothetically) less likely to be instantly fatal, more likely to actually hit, while still being able to cripple (at least for a little while).

However, there is one weapon that has these bonuses even more than a crossbow does:

A longbow.

An arrow sticks out clearly on a hit target, it hinders movement while stuck in the wound, it can be dramatically snapped off but would need to be removed carefully because we would barb them, and so on and so forth. They're the ideal ranged weapons to use against heroes when plot armor makes them immune to bullets. Meanwhile, while fiction tends to make arrows out as less lethal than bullets and crossbows, they are actually shot with much more force than crossbow bolts, and can be used in an arc (that is, over walls) unlike bullets.
The real issue is that they're hard to use... but isn't that why these guys are the elite mooks?

Also, query. Our troops have face-concealing helmets, or ones that are clear? If the former, change it to the latter.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 20, 2017, 01:21:48 pm »

It would appear that no more votes are forthcoming to debate telling the “manager” it’s classified, continuing to investigate the man while letting his lawyer enter, and giving the dogs citizenship.

The manager is told that this information is classified. He thanks us and then hangs up.

A few minutes later we… wait for it… get a call from the blackmailer.

“It is certain that you would not have said it was classified if you were not staking out that site. It would be better for both of us for this deal to continue, though, so I will give you a chance. Take your men from the drop site and I will collect the money. Refuse, and you may consider secrets released. Do not think that you can capture me at the drop site, as I have associates with the same information who will release it the moment something goes wrong.”

“You seem nicely full of yourself, and I understand that,” Erin Quill answers, “but I’m warning you one last time, you do NOT want to mess with the Republic.” The blackmailer hangs up before anything else is said.

A motion is filed to consider all uplifted dogs citizens, as well as implicitly granting them commissions and pay from the military, pensions in case of injury, compensation for the families of the dead, and an option to retire once the present conflict ends and roam the city and/or settle down with a family.

The dogs are very thankful and this also calms down the protesters a bit. -5% CDQ.

Going to let Quill answer this one, folks.

Quote from: Erin Quill
The problem is Conservation of Ninjutsu. When I use a crossbow, it works great, but give one to everyone and it’ll be cliched into ineffectiveness. Same for bullets. No matter how hard you train if the plot demands a miss it’ll miss.

Also, my crossbow thing only worked by carefully monitoring and adjusting tropes in the area to make it cause serious injury.

Sark Rayburg (Leak suspect) is allowed to meet with his lawyer while we continue the investigation.

What do we do first?

A: Search his house and place of work
B: Interview his colleagues to identify abnormal behavior
C: Build a list of his acquaintances and look for anyone suspicious

Would also like more suggestions regarding the scientist
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 20, 2017, 01:28:47 pm »

The problem is Conservation of Ninjutsu. When I use a crossbow, it works great, but give one to everyone and it’ll be cliched into ineffectiveness. Same for bullets. No matter how hard you train if the plot demands a miss it’ll miss.

Also, my crossbow thing only worked by carefully monitoring and adjusting tropes in the area to make it cause serious injury.
Hm.

Firstly, we can increase the power of our elite sniper mooks by decreasing their numbers. The fewer there are, the more Ninjutsu there is to go around. These guys should be the best of the best. Secondly, we could vary things up a bit. Maybe create some kind of super techno-crossbow? With multiple variants? The point is, these blokes need to be notably special. Notably dangerous. We make it clear to the plot that they're elite, and they'll be much more effective against the heroes.

What do we do about the scientist, who knows what we’re doing with the fake evidence but is now in our office and could be silenced if needed?
Do we have enough leftover brainwash-juice to use on him?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 20, 2017, 01:48:56 pm »

Do we have enough leftover brainwash-juice to use on him?

I could go squeeze the frog again if you want.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 20, 2017, 06:50:07 pm »

B For the leak.

As for the scientist....try to convince him that we are only doing doing this for the republic, well and even more importantly for the sake of preserving the lives of millions of civilians.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 20, 2017, 06:51:11 pm »

Oh and the state of the empire thingy really should be updated, It seems way out of date by now.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 20, 2017, 08:22:41 pm »

Oh and the state of the empire thingy really should be updated, It seems way out of date by now.

Yes... it is... I gave up a while ago, should probably delete it.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 20, 2017, 10:15:30 pm »

C for the leak
(or give him truth serum again)

about the scientist:

"I don't think we need to do that, we will just make you sign more papers giving harsh punishment if you leak this just for security, we know that you don't want to a fake rebel organization getting the credits for the cherubs, but really, we already passed the line in this one, we must remedy this and put a note to not do something like this again, our aristocracy already pushed some people to become rebels and try to get a anarchy, and we aren't talking about a good utopia here, but here, as we are already here and you are being granted an audience use this chance. Is there something else you want? Our laboratory's don't has that many future projects for now, is there something that our scientists are eager to test?"

And brainwashing will revert their thoughts about the events, really, it's nice to have some extra in stock for situations like these to put drink on it, but i think it will be weird to think:

"Oh hey i felt that this shit about fake rebels is very nice but i came here to convince you guys to stop it"

About the marksman thing, besides doing this we should give better options of non-lethal ammo for our Elite Mooks, it will not KILL them, but  will slow them down give problems on the long-run and make the odds against them worse till the point where there is no excuse to live and the plot armor breaks.

Sleep/paralises poison
Electric bullets (and a good aim to destroy EQUIPMENT)
Those anti-adantesite lasers
Invasive Tracker Device (grab the meat and track the victim, they will only get it off hurting themselves badly or amputating the part)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 21, 2017, 12:39:41 pm »

At this point it’s probably productive to tell you exactly what each of the compounds Erin’s frog secretes does.

• Truth - Prevents the subject from fabricating information and makes him VERY VERY likely to not give lies of omission (but not certain). They might not tell you, but what they do tell you is true.
    • Inversion - Inverts the emotion associated with a particular memory. Inverts nothing else, just the emotion they associate with it.
    • Dissociation - Causes the subject to forget the source of a memory; they’ll know it happened but not when or where, and they’ll likely guess a location and then falsify memories to support it. Use on dialogue to make them forget who said the dialogue.
    • Amnesia - Causes the subject to totally forget that something happened. Straightforward as anything else. However, being explicitly and vigorously told the truth by others will revert it, so be sure to “patch the edges” with something else. In some ways the opposite of Dissociation - it deletes the event but not the context.
    • Flood delete - Deletes a memory and anything that the subject can think of related to it. As you might think, this is not to be used lightly. An improper Flood Delete can result in totally blanking the mind in question
    • Suggestion - Information received under the effect of this drug will seem more true in an implicit manner. Realize they won't forget the statements, so you may want to combine it with Amnesia or do some elaborate deceptions. Subjects will attempt to find evidence themselves to support the suggestions so this is very dangerous.
    Glass, tiebreak.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:41:33 pm by blueturtle1134 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 21, 2017, 01:08:12 pm »

First off, we should have told the blackmailer that there were no plans to arrest him; we just want to be certain that he upholds his end of the deal.

Second: I suggest interviews with colleagues, and as a second priority anyone suspicious that we encounter or hear about we can record for later.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 21, 2017, 03:59:52 pm »

I am sorry to interrupt by going back to older events on this thread....but mr blueturtle, I call bullshit on the rebel posing as a manager calling us out simply for not being forthcoming, remember, I would have given the exact same response even if I was 100% sure he was a real manager. Why you may ask? Because we do not give out information on troop movements to random civilians, that's why.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 21, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »

I am sorry to interrupt by going back to older events on this thread....but mr blueturtle, I call bullshit on the rebel posing as a manager calling us out simply for not being forthcoming, remember, I would have given the exact same response even if I was 100% sure he was a real manager. Why you may ask? Because we do not give out information on troop movements to random civilians, that's why.

Well, he's fighting the Republic and Erin Quill so he can't be the sharpest tool in the shed.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 22, 2017, 08:58:31 am »

You have voted to interview the colleagues of the subject and keep recordings of the proceeds. Fluff writing for this has begun.

In the meantime, I just realized that (A) the blackmail situation is in Antarctica, (B) Erin Quill has been responding to all the calls, (C) Erin Quill is in Brazil interrogating Andrew Calvin, (D) our only method of communication between Brazil and Antarctica is the wormhole, which we just began moving, and (E) Erin Quill can’t be in two places at once, d’oh!

Just assume that he instantly left Brazil after giving Celling the frog and that he can cross the Drake in a couple of days. So he’s in Antarctica now.

Besides this is a fiction piece so speed doesn’t matter.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:01:50 am by blueturtle1134 »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 203