Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291930 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #675 on: November 30, 2017, 04:20:22 pm »

So, in other terms, contractual genre blindness until such time that we're back in charge? Sounds good to me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 30, 2017, 05:03:41 pm »

Yeah we should join the rebels the republic really must be un-salvageable when the kick out one of their most loyal supporters who was doing his very best to salvage things.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 01, 2017, 08:32:30 am »

Yeah we should join the rebels the republic really must be un-salvageable when the kick out one of their most loyal supporters who was doing his very best to salvage things.

Well, to be sure, this is just Padelheb's doing. One bad apple ruining the whole bunch. The rest of the Republic's admin isn't that bad.

And they didn't kick him out... they want him executed for treason.

If you don't know who Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish is, you'll want to find out so you know what you're up against. Also, here's the original "chaos is a ladder" speech and Littlefinger's death scene.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 02, 2017, 03:18:35 am »

I know who he is, he will be a huge pain in the buttocks to deal with.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 02, 2017, 07:54:43 am »

I've come to realize that if Erin joins the rebels against Padelheb, that fits a common plot cliche.

The somewhat mad but moral scientist is rejected from the empire and joins the band of heroes against his former employers.

The fact that an amoral man is in charge of the Republic shifts the tone of the series to white/black morality rather than grey/gray. Padelheb being so bad means that killing him will serve as a logical conclusion to a novel and the rebels will not feel pressured to destabilize the wormhole as well. Conversley, Quill's joining makes the heroes a Five-Man Band (Leader Jacob, Lancer Andrew, Smart Guy Erin, Strongman Sam, Chick Anna).

So now I've talked myself into a pretty mouthtrap. I promised that this series is based on the idea that cliches must be followed and tropes decide who wins.

However, there is now an easy to invoke set of tropes that includes you joining the heroes and the heroes winning along with your goals.

Meaning that you have a straightforward, easy to follow win condition that I cannot author-edit out.

Meaning that you win.

Meaning that I lose.

...Tee hee hee, i'm transparent text!

CARP.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 02, 2017, 08:12:00 am »

:D

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 02, 2017, 08:15:40 am »

*evil laughter*

Until when we get back to the power we start conquering the entire world
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 02, 2017, 08:17:40 am »

I've come to realize that if Erin joins the rebels against Padelheb, that fits a common plot cliche.

The somewhat mad but moral scientist is rejected from the empire and joins the band of heroes against his former employers.

The fact that an amoral man is in charge of the Republic shifts the tone of the series to white/black morality rather than grey/gray. Padelheb being so bad means that killing him will serve as a logical conclusion to a novel and the rebels will not feel pressured to destabilize the wormhole as well. Conversley, Quill's joining makes the heroes a Five-Man Band (Leader Jacob, Lancer Andrew, Smart Guy Erin, Strongman Sam, Chick Anna).

So now I've talked myself into a pretty mouthtrap. I promised that this series is based on the idea that cliches must be followed and tropes decide who wins.

However, there is now an easy to invoke set of tropes that includes you joining the heroes and the heroes winning along with your goals.

Meaning that you have a straightforward, easy to follow win condition that I cannot author-edit out.

Meaning that you win.

Meaning that I lose.

CARP.
Just to make sure you can't get rid of what you said here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 02, 2017, 08:23:08 am »

Meaning that you win.

Meaning that I lose.

CARP.
Just to make sure you can't get rid of what you said here.
Nice
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 02, 2017, 08:25:47 am »

You mean my admission of defeat? No, I'm working on ways to subvert what I just said. But the annoying fact is that the series is based on three things:

• Heroes win
  • Villain loses
  • Everyone else can choose at will

So by introducing a bigger villain, I made it easier for you all.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 02, 2017, 08:31:28 am »

Well, you can't get rid of Game of Thrones man now.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 02, 2017, 08:37:12 am »

Well, you can't get rid of Game of Thrones man now.

That's what I've been considering. Kill him off early on so you can't use him as a scapegoat to divert heroic/plot attention from yourselves.

But I put so much EFFORT into his intro scene...! Tee hee hee there's now transparent text that you can CLICK!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 02, 2017, 08:41:13 am »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 02, 2017, 08:46:24 am »

https://explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/d/d7/emoji_sports.png

Yeah, no.

More serious stuff will be hidden texted later! That was just a test of your finding abilities. And a dry run of my plan to use goo.gl links to track your clicks so I can be sure what's been seen and what hasn't.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 02, 2017, 08:53:44 am »

The only thing I can think is to make him less detestable or to have a really good hand in administration giving a "golden age" to the people.

Or whatever, there is always that scene where the heroes and the villians beat a worse villian and then they go back to usual agenda of screwing each others lifes as sam would think that we would allow him to have his monarchy (no way, execute him now) that the aristocracy would be gone (not our job, let's go back increasing the sizes of ants and giving it sentience so we can use them as cheap labor) and that we would not want to suffocate every country in our order creating by consequence a bunch of rebels on the entire world because nobody likes a huge government (who don't want to rule the world?)

(these are the only thing I could think of)

My finding abilities failed. DAMN

I want to play consequence golf, but right now Erin is playing hell escape
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 203