Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291843 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire
« Reply #1095 on: January 08, 2018, 06:00:11 pm »

[You managed to fall again Omada? Stop being stupid, embrace the void]

Get driven by an intern anger born from shame and failure, crawl to boonering and bite his leg to not let him leave easily
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 09, 2018, 12:18:04 am »

Grab the sword, swing at Boon's gauntlet arm trying to chop it off.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 09, 2018, 01:35:55 am »

"7/6 required for partial success, everything else is critical failure." - Blueturtle.

Scream in animalistic rage, crush Boonering's puny skull. If successful, attempt to crush next-nearest skull that isn't mine until the mindstorm goes away!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 09, 2018, 09:12:55 am »

"7/6 required for partial success, everything else is critical failure." - Blueturtle.

"I never actually said that." - Blueturtle
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 10, 2018, 03:59:39 pm »

Glass: Punch him with poetry

[ 0 ] - Failure

There was once a man from SPAMO’RLORD
Who was done with this shit (he was quite bored)
So he looked at the pay guy
And told him “goodbye, guy”
And punched him with force of an ogrelord.

...he rolls away. You punch the ground.

It hurts!
Roboson: Run to com box, turn off water

[3] - Partial success

You run to the communications box and pull the latch.

Inside are many switches. You hit the one labeled “emergency fire system shutoff”

The sprinklers stop, but there’s still a huge puddle on the floor and a pipe is still leaking

Rain degraded to Wet.

Smoke Mirrors: Break his arm (off!)

[4] - Success

You slam your foot on his arm.

There is a crunch.

It breaks. Boonering screams in pain.

Boonering is now in Much Pain!

Omada: Bite Boonering’s leg

[1] - Epic failure

You bite Smoke Mirrors instead.

Maximum Spin: Crush his skull in

[3] - Partial success

Crushing skulls is a bit beyond your strength, so you settle for boxing his ears.

You feel something inside his head give under your blows.

Boonering now has Head trauma.

Parrot: Jump to Hammerspace

[-1] - Supremely horrific failure

The parrot loses consciousness and begins bleeding to death.

Parrot will DIE at end of section, unless someone sends him to Hammerspace by dropping him over a table leg.

Merrowitz: Shoot him… obviously

[4] - Success

Merrowitz puts away the sword, pulls out her gun, and shoots Boonering.

“There’s more swords under the desk!” she shouts.

Denis: Shoot him

[3] - Partial success

Denis, the person that Boonering first psychically attacked, comes running in through the door and shoots Boonering.

He manages to deflect it off the Key, though the fragments still hit his shoulder.

Boonering: Grab Celling

[5] - Epic success

Boonering reaches out and, with extreme effort, jabs his fingers at Celling’s temples.

Er_s_re”, he hisses. He also casts Entrapment at Spin.

Spoiler: Psychic problems (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Will saves (click to show/hide)

Boonering forces Maximum Spin to shoot Roboson. He negates the effects of Mindstorm to get more out of his minion.

[4] - Success

Spin feels the pressures of the Key of Taloc working away at his mind, forcing his arms to turn against his own will, turning his sights on… Roboson.

Roboson looks at him. “What?” he asks.

The bullet catches him in the liver.

Roboson is in Much Pain! for one turn.

Hissing pulses of psychic energy surge down through Boonering’s fingertips, cascading into Celling’s brain in caustic, brutal waves. Celling’s mind is split into segments as fragments of the spell unpack and set up walls and beachheads in his head, deleting his memories and personality from existence systematically, one block at a time.

Even as his body spasms on the floor and his mind screams in unspeakable agony, a small portion of Celling’s spirit grins in a corner of his brain.

It works, after all… Once the link is formed it goes two ways.

He’s taking over my head. But that means he’s in here - and in here, I’m king…

And the plot, its grip a crushing weight
For no man does it ever wait
It beats us down, we count the days
Till it doesn’t have to be this way!
Blue’s written word, on you its brand
He gave you the jewel in your hand
He wants to turn us all to sand
Now do you understand?

So tell me now
If this ain’t life
Then how do we get out?
No-one knows

That's when I said
"I don't hate this world, I just want to save it
While there's still something left to save."
That's when I told you
"I hate you, man, and here is the answer
For the questions that you still have."

Heh heh… Celling giggles, charging up the final component of his counterattack, abusing the Key’s own attacks and mental defences against it, before letting loose with:

And here I stand and with this tune,
I declare “MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!”

(click!)

The entirety of the fourth wall comes crashing into Boonering’s mind.

The enormous knowledge of the true nature of the world smashes into Boonering’s puny, mortal brain with the metaphorical psychic and psychological force of a freight train.

Like a waterfall cascading down a valley, like a glacial river resuming its course, the sheer power of the revelation, of the immense change that is happening, overwhelms him.

Boonering screams. He rips his hand off Celling’s forehead like it is something hot. For a few seconds he simply screams on the floor, fist clenched hard and cold over the Key’s grip, stunning everyone in the room. He is a crippled thing, body riddled with bullets and mind torn asunder, sprawled out on the ground.

Then, slowly, the screams die down. Slowly, ever so slowly, he opens his eyes.

He smiles.

“I see, I hear,” he says. “I see and hear what you’re saying. The fourth wall… it’s all true.”

He tries to push himself up and fails. “And that’s why I know why this will work.”

He grins. “I know, now, like never before, that Blue wants the Key of Taloc destroyed. I know that it would be too overpowered a weapon. And that’s why he’ll let me do this.”

He reaches over and, manipulating a series of small levers on the Key, removes the power crystal from the center. The malevolent red light glistens in his hand.

He struggles to sit up and raises it over his head. “Harm me and I’ll smash this. Then you have no Key and no way to save Celling. Let me go and your friend may live.”

Spoiler: People problems (click to show/hide)
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 10, 2018, 05:09:38 pm »

oh toast, I am stuck IRL for a few weeks and now it seems this game has become a flustercluck yet again otherwise, I cant explain how we went from gushing about a parrot to trying to shoot one.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 10, 2018, 05:14:17 pm »

“I see, I hear,” he says. “I see and hear what you’re saying. The fourth wall… it’s all true.”

He tries to push himself up and fails. “And that’s why I know why this will work.”

He grins. “I know, now, like never before, that Blue wants the Key of Taloc destroyed. I know that it would be too overpowered a weapon. And that’s why he’ll let me do this.”

He reaches over and, manipulating a series of small levers on the Key, removes the power crystal from the center. The malevolent red light glistens in his hand.

He struggles to sit up and raises it over his head. “Harm me and I’ll smash this. Then you have no Key and no way to save Celling. Let me go and your friend may live.”
See here, we're on the other side of the fourth wall. We know it's true.

That's why I know this will work.

Blue wants the key of Taloc destroyed. But by your own admission, that leaves us with no way to save Celling, who's exceptionally important to the plot. And that's why he won't let you do this.

We'll kill you before you can smash it. Then we have a Key and one fine-if-traumatized Celling. We do anything else and that doesn't happen.

Don't try to play games with people more familiar with the workings of your reality than you are.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 10, 2018, 05:28:39 pm »

Don't worry, only you forgot about the rebels. I still want to defect.
As for the initial choice, it was a relatively small and obvious part of every evil empire that was canceled out in terms of what our bonuses are.
Yeah and I never forgot about the dogs, my laptops just died is all.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 10, 2018, 06:02:12 pm »

Alright now I am all caught up,

our first priority is to immediately save the parrot! I mean come on hes our only real way of using hammerspace right now, plus a truly loyal agent of ours!

second priority, calming the madfucker witht the crystal key or whatever the mindmeltding McGuffin is, it was a terrible idea to introduce him to the fourth wall/not kill him while he was down.

after that we need to try and contant the rebels, throw them a bone arrange for an armistice and tell them about the viral genocide, after all most of them will be effected by it so it is in both our intrests to work together however briefly to avert mass deaths, this might also have benefit of convincing some of them that we truly care about the populace at large

any objections to my line of reasoning?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 10, 2018, 08:06:48 pm »

drop parrot over table leg

"anybody, I am being struck by failure, i need help here, boonering, before I depart this body, just ask something, you see the fourth wall now?"

CONTROL BOONERING OVER THE FOURTH WALL AND FORCE HIM INTO SUBMISSION/SAVING CELLING

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 10, 2018, 10:34:16 pm »

drop parrot over table leg

"anybody, I am being struck by failure, i need help here, boonering, before I depart this body, just ask something, you see the fourth wall now?"

CONTROL BOONERING OVER THE FOURTH WALL AND FORCE HIM INTO SUBMISSION/SAVING CELLING

Second is impossible. First is rolled.

[7] - Overshoot With Great Drama

Omada grabs the parrot, rushes to a table leg, and chucks him over.

The parrot is now in Hammerspace.

So is Omada.

So is the table.

“WHAT IS THIS?” Omada screams, looking out at the infinite white expanse of Hammerspace. An endless white, white beyond white, white so white that the mere idea of white is the only thing hitting your eyes. “I totally did not sign up for this, I’m just an intern, leave me alone…”

“What?” says the parrot, looking around, his wounds already being healed by the suspension-of-disbelief that pervaded Hammerspace. “Oh, you’re in here as well? Guess so. My near unconscious state must have caused my to jump a bit more than needed-”

“What is this place? Why is there a table there?”

“Oh, the table,” said the parrot. “It came as well? Don’t worry, I can get us out. Remain calm.”

Spoiler: People problems (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 11, 2018, 12:23:53 am »

ANGRILY SMASH THE KEY

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1107 on: January 11, 2018, 02:24:31 am »

PTP

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 11, 2018, 08:08:46 am »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 11, 2018, 08:37:41 am »

PTP
PROTONMAN PLEASE SHOOT BOONER

Boonering is nigh dead. He doesn't have the power stone. Roboson is the main threat now. He told me he wants to take the Key himself and become the Big Bad of this thing.

Also, your brother can still act this turn.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 203