Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290765 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter II: Ice and Fire: David Must Go
« Reply #1395 on: April 13, 2018, 12:29:16 pm »

E: "Because it wouldn't work. He's got precognition, remember?"
although i would merge it with A "we are thinking in a way to do that"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 13, 2018, 01:25:17 pm »

E: "Because it wouldn't work. He's got precognition, remember?"
although i would merge it with A "we are thinking in a way to do that"
...I mean, it’s technically the truth, I guess, on both counts? We’re probably thinking of a way to kill almost anyone. Maybe not just killing one person specifically, but exploding the wormhole would probably kill him dead, right? Along with everyone else in the vicinity of the continent?

I don’t think you can precog yourself out of a magic wormhole space EQ mad science nuke.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 15, 2018, 07:09:04 pm »

So I’ll take the modified A/E suggestion now…

“We’re trying to do it!” protests Celling. “He’s precognitive, remember? We’re working out a way to kill him that he won’t foresee.”

It isn’t that hard,” explains the Mittani. “His powers depend upon the concept of choice. It isn’t point and click. He can view the effects of his own choices, or those of others, but only if he can accurately predict them.

“Yeah?” Celling says. “So?”

So all you have to do to kill him in a way that is totally unpredictable is to do it as a result of a choice that he doesn’t know has been offered to you,” the voice on the other end of the line says. “That is, do it on our advice. He’ll never see it coming, because he’ll never think to look at what happens if you accept my proposal.

“Huh. Alright then. We’ll try that.”

The Mittani seems to not believe this. “Remember, Celling. I’ll say this again because you might not have heard the first time, but David Eborrenial has a badly-disguised and likely unrequited attraction towards Anna Drimoxi. This can be seen through other recordings that we took.

“So?” asks Celling. “Here in the Republic, we don’t care about who you like.”
Drepa spámann leiđir til sprengingu eyđileggur bryggju
The Mittani chuckles. “Except that in this case it really matters. The GM has a serious belief in the idea that Love Makes You Dumb, Wenton. You should know.

“Excuse me?” he asks. “What?”

You ran off in pursuit of Lieutenant Armen and Jacob Eldin when you had no orders to do so. You refused to fire on the Rebel ship when it was within your grasp. Because of the hostages onboard? Or because of your still-lingering affection for Miss DeMarco?” the Mittani laughs. “It was quite thinly built up. There was no way that it would happen thus in real life. The note was a nice touch but ultimately ridiculous. And it all happened because the GM decided to handwave it away with the justification that you were in love, you weren’t acting rationally.

“I… I have no idea what you are talking about,” Celling says. He’s obviously very shaken.

It’ll be the same with David,” the Mittani promises. “Only he won’t be on your side. Not for long. He’ll run off in pursuit of beautiful, dashing Anna Drimoxi. Heir of Argentina. Not to mention that it’ll make a perfect Five-Man Band, with Jacob Eldin as The Leader, Andrew Calvin as The Lancer, David Eborrenial as The Smart Guy, Samael Drimoxi as The Big Guy, and Anna Drimoxi as The Chick. And this is exactly the type of thing that the rules of this game will push for, no? That’s a staple of fiction. That’s something that will happen.

“That’s interesting, but-”

But there’s more,” continues the Mittani. “Even if he stays at your side? You still lose. An important, powerful male figure on the enemy side taking a romantic interest in one of the heros? That taps into one of the deepest conflicts in human history, one imprinted into the minds of all people, the fight of two men over a woman. It invokes the trope of Villainous Crush and makes sure that It's Personal and, in general, pushes you towards the mold of the generic villainous entity. And this, if I am not very much mistaken, is exactly what you want.

“Well,” says Celling slowly. “We’ll consider that, Mr… what should we call you?”

You know.

“Hm? I don’t believe we’ve met.”

No,” the Mittani says. “I am the leader of Goonswarm Federation. I grew tired of going through intermediaries. You know my name.

“You’ve never told me your name,” Celling says.

No, but you know it,” replies the Mittani. “You know it because it’s on your screen. Outside the quotation marks. You know it because the GM told you who’s talking.

“Again, I have no idea what you’re-”

Oh come on, Wenton, I know you understand,” the Mittani says. “Why don’t you admit it? You know my name.

How do you respond?

A: “You are the Mittani… and as a fellow manipulator of the fourth wall, I request your aid in saving this world.”
B: “I know who you are. You are the Mittani, and you are the salt of the Earth. I will heed none of your manipulative words.”
C: “Your points were good but you frankly lost me there at the end. Would you please tell me your name?”
D: “I have heard enough of your mad babbling! I understand nothing of what you said and will certainly not take your advice!”
E: Click off the radio.
F: Look behind you.
G: Something else…
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 15, 2018, 07:15:58 pm »

"Ok, mate, yes, you've made your point. How's this: just tell us your name."
Ask one of our men which way we need to step to not get attacked from behind, and move in that direction.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:30:12 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 15, 2018, 07:17:07 pm »

Ask David or one of our men which way we need to step to not get attacked from behind, and move in that direction.

So this is the exact thing you want to say? Because this is kinda under C - express agreement, but not fourth-wall knowledge.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 15, 2018, 07:18:54 pm »

Ask David or one of our men which way we need to step to not get attacked from behind, and move in that direction.

So this is the exact thing you want to say? Because this is kinda under C - express agreement, but not fourth-wall knowledge.
My point is more "Let's both pretend that we don't have fourth-wall knowledge, and hope that reality doesn't notice that we do."
Because my interpretation of his point is "HEY LOOK AT ME BLATANTLY ASSAULTING THE FOURTH WALL!"

I'm not expressing agreement with what he suggested. If he chooses to interpret it that way, he can feel free, but that isn't what I mean.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 15, 2018, 07:23:08 pm »

"Kill prophet leads to an explosion destroys bother"

G Do F because i am curious while saying, "So, don't push the fourth wall so much, and just check the hidden messages in the forum board"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 15, 2018, 07:26:06 pm »

check the hidden messages in the forum board
So. Speaking of.
Blue, what is "Drepa spámann leiđir til sprengingu eyđileggur bryggju"? Is this welsh or some shit like that?

EDIT: And apparently it is Icelandic and Omoda already translated it. Though my translation said it destroys the dock.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 15, 2018, 07:29:16 pm »

G Do F because i am curious while saying, "So, don't push the fourth wall so much, and just check the hidden messages in the forum board"

If you do F, you cannot do anything else.

This is totally not a red herring designed to make you think that there is some content I have planned that will be accessed by taking F, and taking F will absolutely not cause a delay in your response to Goonswarm that will influence the plot in a meaningful way.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 15, 2018, 07:30:03 pm »

This is totally not a red herring designed to make you think that there is some content I have planned that will be accessed by taking F, and taking F will absolutely not cause a delay in your response to Goonswarm that will influence the plot in a meaningful way.
Which is why I asked one of our minions to check behind us and tell us to move if necessary.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 15, 2018, 07:31:08 pm »

Which is why I asked one of our minions to check behind us and tell us to move if necessary.

Oh, you did. Ahh.

Well, you do have people with you. God damn you and your rotten pragmatism!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 15, 2018, 07:32:26 pm »

so... +1 glass plan with the extra part of us telling him to check the hidden message
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 203