Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291819 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Broken Bridge
« Reply #1845 on: September 07, 2018, 08:36:11 pm »

"We do not accept your conditions. I have no reason to think you would stick to them, anyway."

Anyone prepared to +1 or debate this?

Anyway, since Blue is a stubborn ass: why yes, we really do want to thoroughly search Montevideo.
- .... . / ... . -.-. --- -. -.. -... --- .-. -. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .... --- .-.. -.. / .... .. ... / . -. -.. / --- ..-. / - .... . / -... .- .-. --. .- .. -.
I get that. Now leave me alone while I come up with ways of limiting the damage of giving you that!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:38:33 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 07, 2018, 08:43:11 pm »

"We do not accept your conditions. I have no reason to think you would stick to them, anyway."

Anyone prepared to +1 or debate this?

Anyway, since Blue is a stubborn ass: why yes, we really do want to thoroughly search Montevideo.
- .... . / ... . -.-. --- -. -.. -... --- .-. -. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .... --- .-.. -.. / .... .. ... / . -. -.. / --- ..-. / - .... . / -... .- .-. --. .- .. -.
I get that. Now leave me alone while I come up with ways of limiting the damage of giving you that!
Hello transparency my old friend/ I've come to Morse with you again

EDIT:
Quote from: Translation
the?secondborn?will?hold?his?end?of?the?bargain
...huh, well who's a thunk.

EDIT2: Now here's a question: will he be willing to hold a bargain that involves Celling and Erin getting imbued into Nu-Cisharni.
And second (and more importantly), would the other Cisharni be willing to hold up the bargain. I suspect not, especially when I think of a certain Quiz.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:48:58 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 07, 2018, 08:51:17 pm »

...huh, well who's a thunk.

What's a thunk?

EDIT2: Now here's a question: will he be willing to hold a bargain that involves Celling and Erin getting imbued into Nu-Cisharni.
And second (and more importantly), would the other Cisharni be willing to hold up the bargain. I suspect not, especially when I think of a certain Quiz.

Can the Cisharni even do the infusy thing?

CHUBBY!!!
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 07, 2018, 08:52:50 pm »

Even if they can't, we can play dumb about what they can do to empower a normal person :3

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 07, 2018, 08:56:14 pm »

Even if they can't, we can play dumb about what they can do to empower a normal person :3

Knowing they can do it is gonna raise some flags. The Secondborn probably also wants to know why we have seen the Cisharni dimension.

EDIT: If they help us develop dimgating technology, does that mean we can break into Adjilia?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 07, 2018, 10:11:13 pm »

Oh, we don't actually request to be made Nus. Not in so many words. We just try to figure out how much they could strengthen us. Maybe mention some stuff about demigods, and how you've heard other myths where people started out normal but we're granted demigod-esque power. Etc.

Also: "dimgating"? Huh?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 07, 2018, 10:16:10 pm »

Also: "dimgating"? Huh?

Dimensional gating --> Dimgating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 07, 2018, 10:22:34 pm »

Ah.

My distinction: "realms" versus "planes". We'd be helping to travel between realms - narrative universes - rather than between planes - sections of reality within a single narrative.

Each realm contains at least one plane, and can contain more; the real verse contains all realms.
Some realms are "outer" realms, those that have weaker fourth walls that allow one, some, or all characters to understand the realm verse in part or in whole, and in some cases allows for travel between it and other realm, though it is notable that in many cases, this actually involves the duplication of the encroached-upon realm rather than actual travel to it (which would imply that you're actually changing the source material).

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 07, 2018, 10:48:48 pm »

Besides saying "nu-cindari" stuff, we can change the words to "demi-god" or "demi entity" it won't raise suspicious, in fact there are tons of ways to give an explanations on why we think they can infuse us with POWA
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 08, 2018, 01:46:18 am »

Besides saying "nu-cindari" stuff, we can change the words to "demi-god" or "demi entity" it won't raise suspicious, in fact there are tons of ways to give an explanations on why we think they can infuse us with POWA
Exactly.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 08, 2018, 08:50:19 am »

I feel like I'll have to contact C2 about whether the Cisharni can/have/are willing to infuse mortals with power, but that may be Something We Don't Know. Of course, that may be how this crossover works, with us squeezing S:I intel out of the Secondborn with success here. Then again, that's hijacking his game.

Either way, you need two Cisharni to do an infusion. One could grant powers through breeding, but... Squick.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 08, 2018, 09:47:30 am »

Okay, I'll just take that suggestion since none more seem to be coming.

"Interesting offer," says Celling. "Would you, however, consider imbuing some of our key personnel - like Erin Quill and I - with perhaps a fragment of your demigod powers?"

The Secondborn's face hardens. "What makes you think I can do that?"

Answer?

(In retrospect? You did request to mention stories about mortals being granted power, which I forgot. You can do that, but bear in mind that Celling already acts like he knows the Cisharni so the Secondborn's suspicious already.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:50:47 am by blueturtle1134 »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: September 08, 2018, 12:59:58 pm »

"Oh, so you're not THAT powerful, well we always have myths that true gods inbound individuals with power"

If he suspects anything we can say stuff like "some of us in this realm of existence has capacities to ocasionally look into other universes and in the fabric of reality itself, although we can do little about it keep it quiet though, it don't like to be observed somehow. saying too much about it can make this shit collapse. direct mention to it will kill me instantly"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 08, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »

If he suspects anything we can say stuff like "some of us in this realm of existence has capacities to ocasionally look into other universes and in the fabric of reality itself, although we can do little about it keep it quiet though, it don't like to be observed somehow. saying too much about it can make this shit collapse. direct mention to it will kill me instantly"
We don't say that like that. That's likely to end poorly.
If he suspects anything we first try to deflect the suspicion. We only try stuff like this if he explicitly calls us out on it.

And we can always blame Acter.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 08, 2018, 04:19:17 pm »

We totally blame Acter, we don't give him any knowledge that we don't need to.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 203