Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 291908 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Schrodinger's Gun
« Reply #1890 on: September 18, 2018, 11:15:58 pm »

"Because we don't have an Atlantis. Don't worry, this kind of thing happens all the time here."

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 18, 2018, 11:17:24 pm »

"Because we don't have an Atlantis. Don't worry, this kind of thing happens all the time here."

Sure do that.

See how far it gets you.

You know, since this is really close I think we should SUMMON FALLACY
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1892 on: September 18, 2018, 11:22:07 pm »

Bluff until everyone else is asleep or convinced (or fighting, but surely it won't come to that?): "I'm detecting a temporal anomaly in the generator glob. We need to reroute power through the graviton charge limiter. You have to completely resynchronize the primary and auxiliary autosequencers, or the resulting output decay will cause a catastrophic thoron dump. The nadion thrust assembly is offline. I'm going to reroute power through the deuterium flow regulators. If I reroute power through the hydrogen filament, I should be able to kick-start the delta ray injector. I'm detecting an anomalous power spike in the atmospheric resonance spinner..."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 18, 2018, 11:38:31 pm »

A friendly reminder that we're at the Southern Hemisphere, and our first contact with the Northern Hemisphere has been Magellan.

Bluff until everyone else is asleep or convinced (or fighting, but surely it won't come to that?): "I'm detecting a temporal anomaly in the generator glob. We need to reroute power through the graviton charge limiter. You have to completely resynchronize the primary and auxiliary autosequencers, or the resulting output decay will cause a catastrophic thoron dump. The nadion thrust assembly is offline. I'm going to reroute power through the deuterium flow regulators. If I reroute power through the hydrogen filament, I should be able to kick-start the delta ray injector. I'm detecting an anomalous power spike in the atmospheric resonance spinner..."
A friendly reminder that we're Celling, a military captain, not Erin, the scientist guy.
Erin got thrown in jail by Padel and quite frankly if we could get him to show up everything would be much easier for us.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1894 on: September 18, 2018, 11:41:53 pm »

A friendly reminder that we're Celling, a military captain, not Erin, the scientist guy.
Erin got thrown in jail by Padel and quite frankly if we could get him to show up everything would be much easier for us.
And this is why it's Bluff, not Diplomacy

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 19, 2018, 12:25:14 am »

And this is why it's Bluff, not Diplomacy
It's a bad idea. Remember, the Secondborn already had scrying powers, and is inhabiting the body of and has access to the memories of a powerful oracle who knew us moderately decently. This isn't something Celling could pull off, especially considering there's a decent chance that the other people around him may very well call him out for nonsense.
And even for Erin it would be bluff, he'd just have the benefit of the Technobable trope on his side (maybe).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 19, 2018, 09:45:11 am »

DYNAMIC ENTRY!

B please. Let's not make this guy too angry.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 19, 2018, 09:54:28 am »

DYNAMIC ENTRY!

B please. Let's not make this guy too angry.
GODDAMNT NO, THERE IS NO GOOD WAY TO EXPLAIN B AND IT'LL JUST MAKE HIM SUSPICIOUS!

Blue don't you fucking dare quickhammer.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 19, 2018, 01:41:44 pm »

Why not? B is 2 ahead and there's no more votes coming in.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 19, 2018, 02:01:47 pm »

Why not? B is 2 ahead and there's no more votes coming in.
There's the fact that there is a good chance that multiple people will come to their senses.

For that matter, would Celling seriously think it's a good idea to let the Secondborn know that he's in a different universe? It opens him up to a huge amount of questions - from both the Secondborn and his companions - and skirts dangerously closely to "taking fire from the edge of the sun" - meteor time, that is.

I do not want another fourth-wall-aware villain, espcecially not the Secondborn.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:04:45 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 19, 2018, 02:19:07 pm »

I do not want another fourth-wall-aware villain, espcecially not the Secondborn.

Wait actually that would be so cool.

Not really he'd probably go back to the Sindariverse and tell them "It's hopeless, pack up and leave"

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 19, 2018, 02:24:49 pm »

Better begin to make excuses

"Some individuals have the ability to see the fabric of reality and it's rules, a power above man and gods, you were copied from another realm of existence, you can try to see our mind, but usually people and entity's that don't manage to get grasp of it by itself tend to suffer and/or be deleted from existance, direct mention to what the fabric of reality is means immediate elimination"

There is no other way to tell this without being extremely borderline about this
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 19, 2018, 02:28:00 pm »

Better begin to make excuses

"Some individuals have the ability to see the fabric of reality and it's rules, a power above man and gods, you were copied from another realm of existence, you can try to see our mind, but usually people and entity's that don't manage to get grasp of it by itself tend to suffer and/or be deleted from existance, direct mention to what the fabric of reality is means immediate elimination"

There is no other way to tell this without being extremely borderline about this
First: he'll definitely get pissed if we declare that we have a power he doesn't.
Second: this will make him more curious.
Third: This is still extremely borderline.

C'mon guys, just pick A. There's no good way to do B.

EDIT: New idea! We send the Secondborn with Magellan!
(Blue, you can't quickhammer because I just introduced an option C.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:43:37 pm by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: September 19, 2018, 02:42:22 pm »

Option proposed on discord.

A2: Send the Secondborn with Magellan

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 19, 2018, 04:05:04 pm »

(Blue, you can't quickhammer because I just introduced an option C.)

Yes, I can. You're now voting for C, which means it's AA|BBB|C, which means B wins.  :D

(This is why I designated it A2 so a vote for A2 still counts as a vote for A)
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 203