Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290724 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Crisis Acters
« Reply #2040 on: October 27, 2018, 06:52:39 pm »

"The only way I can release them is if you all swear off this rebellion nonsense. Listen, it's not like I don't know that the Republic is flawed, but do you people even know what you're going to do if you manage to overthrow it? Do you have any idea about how to run a country? And all of that is disregarding the fact that your current plans are going to get thousands of innocent people killed, and will likely result in there being nothing left to rule."

Goddamnit Glass.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: October 27, 2018, 09:27:36 pm »

"The only way I can release them is if you all swear off this rebellion nonsense. Listen, it's not like I don't know that the Republic is flawed, but do you people even know what you're going to do if you manage to overthrow it? Do you have any idea about how to run a country? And all of that is disregarding the fact that your current plans are going to get thousands of innocent people killed, and will likely result in there being nothing left to rule."
+1
+1
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 27, 2018, 09:30:37 pm »

+1
+1

Damn you all.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2043 on: October 27, 2018, 09:51:46 pm »

+1
+1

Damn you all.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 27, 2018, 10:12:27 pm »

+1
+1

There is a silence after all this is said, and then Anna says firmly, “23rd Street and Osborne Avenue. 5 PM today. Bring Andrew, Sam, Julia, and the Key fragments. Come alone or you’re not getting anything.

“Now wait a minute, Anna-” Celling begins.

click. Anna hangs up.

What will our policy be on the meetup?

A: Do as they say. Come alone and willing to negotiate. What we do there, whether we make the trade or not, can be decided later.
B: Bring backup; have people watching from nearby. Later decisions will be whether they are just there as security or as a trap.
C: Delay it a bit; make up an excuse as to why we can’t appear. Buys us more time. Write what the excuse will be
D: This is all too risky; forget it.
E: Something else…

Surely this isn’t the only way to get what we want?

A: Quietly attempt to locate the home base of the Children. It will be well hidden, and they may detect us, but if we find it we can just take the rebels.
B: Give public notice that the Children are to be arrested. This makes us more likely to find them but will absolutely alert the rebels.
C: Don’t try to find out where they are ahead of time.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 27, 2018, 10:16:49 pm »

Fuck all that. Call back.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 27, 2018, 10:19:56 pm »

"Hello you have reached the rebels that want to destroy your country please leave your message after the beep BEEEEEEEEEEP"

^(not canon)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: This Is Gonna Suck
« Reply #2047 on: October 27, 2018, 10:26:08 pm »

+1

Eh, they'll probably ignore us but why not TRY?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 27, 2018, 10:27:03 pm »

Scratch the callback, Go to the meeting, by ourselves. Bring the key fragments. "I can't get you your friends on this short notice. But I can give you some really important information. Game-changing information." And then break the fourth wall to them.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:28:47 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2049 on: October 27, 2018, 10:28:39 pm »

Scratch the callback, Go to the meeting, by ourselves. Bring the key fragments. "I can't get you your friends on this short notice. But I can give you some really important information. Game-changing information." And then break the fourth wall to them.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: October 27, 2018, 10:31:53 pm »

+1
Let's break this game. +1
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: October 27, 2018, 10:32:49 pm »

+1
Let's break this game. +1
+1 Victory through being superior at screwing over the GM than the GM is at screwing over us.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: October 28, 2018, 12:23:09 am »

Just woke up

No idea what you expected
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: October 28, 2018, 10:15:58 am »

We’re going to do a flash-sideways now.

“He actually blamed the Cherubs fiasco on me?” Quill asks.

“Yeah. When it came out, Padelheb painted you as an amoral mad scientist that was corrupting the children of Antarctica and everything.” Enir Nest, new Guardian of the State, explains. “Lots of us don’t believe it, of course, but the public ate it right up. How did your meeting with the activist go?”

“I mean, I’m sure they were listening. But it seems they’re going to try to get more public support for the idea.”

“That could go south reasonably quickly,” Nest muses. “But we’ve got to make a statement as to the Cherub problem.”

What do you tell the people?

A: “I did it, I admit it. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it’s terrible and we’re going to reverse the effects of it on the children.” (-1 political) (you can decide whether to actually reverse the effects of it later)
B: “These things are necessary to keep the Republic running. It was a bad idea, but what’s done is done and nothing can be done for these kids.” (true) (-1 political or worse)
C: “Nest, pin it on Padelheb. He’s obviously slandering me for everything he’s done.” (roll on people finding out)
D: “Just deny everything. Burn the evidence and get rid of witnesses, it’s best this never sees the light of day. Anything Padelheb said can be explained as his lies.” (roll to get this done)
E: “Okay, I authorized that decision, but the idea itself comes from one of my colleagues. He’s been fired. (in universe Quill made the entire decision, although from a meta point of view this is more like the truth) (roll on the scapegoat clearing his name)
F: Something else…

Stats list check:

• +1 military
  • +2 scientific
  • +1 informational
  • -1 political
  • BONUS: Scientific designs get one die automatically 4
  • BONUS: D7s are rolled on anything relating to Wenton Celling
  • Fingerprint scanners on military base doors
  • Uplifted dogs
  • Lobotomized child soldiers called “Cherubs”
  • Plans for a shield against Andantesite wormhole disruption, although power-intensive and requiring a lot of Andantesite
  • Large, cracked Andantesite shard, ready to link
  • Radio-frequency Andantesite disruptor - 14.03 hour working time
  • Loading of wormhole onto SFN Pylos planned, to follow Magellan back home
  • Hammerspace parrot
  • Venomous implants for dogs
  • Hammerspace disruption masers, although in control of Padelheb Fansworth

Plot points to be resolved:
  • Interrogating captured rebels
  • Armen DeMarco
  • Order of the Stick
  • Rebel meeting
  • Padelheb’s remaining supporters
  • PETA

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: October 28, 2018, 10:17:00 am »

ERIN QUILL: And why are we focusing on me instead of Celling telling the plot?

NEST: I'm sorry, what?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 203