Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 290703 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMUNDERLORD: Chapter III: World's Fall: Faldidit
« Reply #2640 on: July 18, 2019, 02:05:27 pm »

First off, what do we know of our soldiers' opinions?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: July 18, 2019, 02:10:02 pm »

First off, what do we know of our soldiers' opinions?

They're a mix of Celling's group and Fansworth's group. Both Antarcticans and Argentinians are there. There's really no single way to describe their opinions, but they're soldiers. There's probably certain stuff they will report.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: July 18, 2019, 02:11:03 pm »

Are they loyal to Fansworth and Celling?

For that matter, who are Fansworth and Celling's superiors, if any?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: July 18, 2019, 02:47:03 pm »

Are they loyal to Fansworth and Celling?

For that matter, who are Fansworth and Celling's superiors, if any?

Celling reports, ultimately, to General Madeline Merrowitz. There are probably a bunch of middlemen in that chain of command, which I will flesh out when and if it's necessary. Fansworth is in a different chain of command that reports to the Guardian of the State, which is seperate from the military chain - think the FBI. This used to make him Padelheb's lackey, but now he takes orders from Enir Nest.

The soldiers won't be particularly loyal to Celling or Fansworth. They know them, but they basically just picked them up for the Key mission. First and foremost, they are loyal to the Republic.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: July 18, 2019, 02:50:15 pm »

What do we know of their immediate superiors?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 18, 2019, 03:02:54 pm »

What do we know of their immediate superiors?

Fansworth reports straight to Nest.

Celling reports to Major Zachary Falkas. The higher-ups have been giving Celling a long leash for a while now, because on Quill's recommendation they're just letting him run around South America chasing the rebels.

Now vote.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 18, 2019, 03:10:51 pm »

A, A with hints that there's hints of some deeper conspiracy acting seemingly at random, C, propose that he may receive leniency if he's willing to try to help improve the Republic rather than what he's been doing, with some of the second-to-last B mixed in with that explanation. And then finally B.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: July 18, 2019, 03:18:22 pm »

A, A with hints that there's hints of some deeper conspiracy acting seemingly at random, C, propose that he may receive leniency if he's willing to try to help improve the Republic rather than what he's been doing, with some of the second-to-last B mixed in with that explanation. And then finally B.
+1

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 18, 2019, 03:25:47 pm »

There were six questions. Your answer is AACBBB, right? Offer him leniency for helping improve the Republic, and hint that you don't like how things are?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: July 18, 2019, 03:38:00 pm »

There were six questions. Your answer is AACBBB, right? Offer him leniency for helping improve the Republic, and hint that you don't like how things are?
Essentially, though the first B is more that he may receive that leniency for that. Since, of course, we don't technically have that authority.
It's more of a suggestion.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: July 18, 2019, 05:48:25 pm »

AADCCCB
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: July 18, 2019, 05:51:10 pm »

AADCCCB
There are only 6 choices, not 7 just delete 1 of the letters

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: July 18, 2019, 06:06:37 pm »

AADCCCB

I think it's one of the Cs, given that only question 3 has a D (so it's in the right place) and the last one is only A and B.

Rockeater, please confirm that your choice is AADCCB?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: July 19, 2019, 05:17:12 am »

AADCCCB

I think it's one of the Cs, given that only question 3 has a D (so it's in the right place) and the last one is only A and B.

Rockeater, please confirm that your choice is AADCCB?
Yes
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: July 19, 2019, 11:40:49 pm »

Alright then. Well, Glass got two votes, so we're going exactly with his suggestion of AACBBB.

"Jacob Eldin," Fansworth says disdainfully.

Chained up in the middle of the room, Jacob glares up at Fansworth. "What are you going to do? Kill me?"

"No," Fansworth replies. "Despite what you may think, we have no particular reason to kill you."

Jacob laughs hoarsely. "And that's why you had Anna shot, I assume."

"That wasn't us," Fansworth says flatly. "That was a traitor that has since been punished… with death."

“And I’m just supposed to believe that one of your guards went crazy and shot Anna?” Jacob asks.

“Crazy definitely applies, yes, but I think there’s something more going on,” Fansworth answers. “Enough of that, though. We are aware of your plan to destabilize the wormhole.”

“Yeah?” Jacob grunts.

“The amount of energy released by such a destabilization would obliterate both Zenith City and Santiago,” Fansworth states. “Or maybe both continents. We’re not sure on the details. The death toll would be measured in millions.”

Jacob goes quiet for a moment. “And I’m supposed to believe that because you said it, I guess.”

“Refusing to believe it will not change the facts, Jacob. Your plan is madness and you need to stop before you hurt a lot of people.”

“The only people this is going to hurt are you,” says Jacob. “You and your so-called Republic. You killed Anna. You’re going to pay for that.”

“Regarding that,” Fansworth says. “We have come upon some opportunities that may let us… fix that incident.”

“Fix what?” Jacob asks. “Anna being dead?”

“Yes,” Fansworth replies. “There’s a scientist in Zenith City called Fallas d’ Florist that is working on a device to resurrect the dead. An incident at Andes High Command has opened up a gateway to a world that also seems to have those capabilities.”

“...why am I supposed to believe that?” Jacob asks.

Fansworth sighs. “Fine. Don’t believe it. We’ll be able to show you soon enough.”

“So you can bring back the dead?” Jacob asks.

“That’s the look of it,” Fansworth agrees.

“You can bring back Anna. But you’ll only do it if I cooperate,” Jacob surmises.

Fansworth begins walking around the bridge, stepping carefully over the chains. "I wouldn't say it like that. I can probably arrange for a lighter sentence if you agree to help us."

"To help you oppress other colonies?" Jacob asks.

Fansworth sighs again. "A lot of people aren’t happy with the way the Republic is working. You could be useful. By actually improving it, not blowing it up. I'm willing to work with you.”

The guards look at each other.

“You can’t just slap a bandage on the current system and fix it,” says Jacob. “The nobles need to lose their power. It has to be torn apart from the ground up.”

"That's never going to work. You're-"

BAM!

Fansworth is cut off by the sound of gunshots. Instantly turning away from Jacob, he draws his gun and whirls around.

He sees several guards falling to the floor, bleeding out of wounds in their heads or backs. Five guards are standing with their pistols drawn and smoking.

They raise their weapons to point evenly at Fansworth. Fansworth raises his as well.

"What is the meaning of this?" Fansworth demands.

One of the guards chuckles. "Don't you see, Fansworth? The Mittani sends his regards."

What do you do?

A: Shoot! Take down as many of these fools as possible.
B: Untie Jacob!
C: Shoot Jacob! At least don't let them free him.
D: Destroy the boat controls! That way the traitors can't take the ship.
E: Try to escape.

Update count: 11

This update edited to reflect Glass pointing out that B was to not send guards away.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:47:03 pm by blueturtle1134 »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 203