Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134042 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2017, 03:25:21 pm »

New water spell, please. I'll get more max Mana from branches of magic I'm not interested in, like Fire or Darkness.

"SO magic experience can come from dreams...and such can also regenerate Mana. Intriguing. Is it such rest that regenerates Mana, or is it only time not spent casting spells?" "rrRRrgh... "...Could it be that food converts into Mana over time, in addition to standard nutrients and energy?...no, ridiculous...it's the HUNGER that provides mana! Starving one's body, in possibly any regard, can bring mana! Ignoring the desire to see, and keeping one's eyes closed, or ignoring one's desire to be clean, and letting dirt and other filth accumulate....THAT very well IS the source of mana! But, as I am as packed with mana as my current form on this mortal world can be, perhaps I really Should look for food...

...ah, a blackberry farm! Simple, yet eventually, sorta, effective! They rot somewhat quickly, like the mind of a prisoner, from what I've heard, so another source of food will be needed. Perhaps potatoes? So many ways to cook, so many ways to grow! I shall look for those, buried deep within the topsoil, which isn't too deep at all. Everything's all relative, though, isn't it?...Well, seems there's another person at this campsite! Oh, there's a campsite! I'd hardly noticed, with the blackberry farm! The name of whom you're hearing right now is Arsintoille, master philanthropist-err, philOSOphER, in training. Have you learned the natures of magic from the considerations of how the world works and is?
"
begin conversation with whoever's at the campsite, and look through ground for potatoes. Consider the nature of earth, fostering nutrients and organisms in a world of its own.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2017, 03:28:28 pm »

We need more logs,chop more trees down
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2017, 03:38:33 pm »

Continue to focus on molding the metal. Try to bend it with my hands into a knife or something useful.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2017, 04:06:35 pm »

Seriously mate, what is it you want? And could you maybe say all this stuff with less words? Seriously, I'm pretty sure you're driving away the fish.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2017, 04:09:32 pm »

Sounds good; much appreciated.

Farm. Also, cast Plant Growth on my crops. Wanting to regain the fruits I'd used.

Attend to crops, shooing away insects, gently watering soil with can, slowly. Neither under, nor over, watering. Seems something's seeping stemward, soaking seeds. I could be imagining sprouts, but perhaps not. Unsure, am I only wishful thinking....

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2017, 04:16:05 pm »

Nix

Head down into the mine, try and find a defensible position inside that can be blocked off by one person.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2017, 10:59:37 am »

Cook most of the fish that I have, but smoke a 3 of them. Try to make the campfire better.
4 You cook most of your fish, making sure to smoke a 3 of them. You improve the campsite quality to Regular Campsite, so that you won't cause fires in the future. -1 Hunger, -6 Fish. You obtain Cooked Fish x3, Smoked Fish x3. Cooking Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.
That wizard dude named Arsintoile looks like he wants to strike up conversation.

Stow my pick and draw my sword. To battle I go with this unknown presence!
2 You put away your pick and clumsily draw your sword, looking out for whatever's in this cave. You follow the sounds and find a strange, shiny white creature with four legs, a tail, wings... When it perks it's tiny head up, you stare in awe as you realize that it's a dragon. A baby dragon. Which means it's mother is somewhere deeper in this cave. Uh-oh. -1 Hunger. Crystal Dragon Wyrmling: 22/22 HP.
It's staring at you, growling at your aggressive stance. Are you still sure you want to engage?

Focus on the air around me. How it passes against my fur and carries the scents of life.  What can I detect about it's magical nature?
5 You're a cat and you still somehow grasp the concept of magic, specifically the magic of the air around you. It flows through you, clinging to your fur like static. Skill Unlocked: Air Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Gust of Wind, Mana Cost 1. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5

Eat some of my meat until I'm full and find a place to store the rest.(under a tree's roots perhaps?)
3 You eat the deer meat until you're full and bury the wolf meat in a small hole at the base of a tree. -2 Cooked Deer Meat, -2 Cooked Wolf Meat. +3 Health, +4 Hunger. Gain Status Effect: Full. Skill Unlocked: Digging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

New water spell, please. I'll get more max Mana from branches of magic I'm not interested in, like Fire or Darkness.
begin conversation with whoever's at the campsite, and look through ground for potatoes. Consider the nature of earth, fostering nutrients and organisms in a world of its own.
3 Gain Spell: Water to Ice/Ice to Water. Cost: 2 Mana.
It looks like Aaron wants to talk to you. He's wondering what you're on about and why you're such a long-winded individual. You're pretty busy contemplating the earth and stuff. -1 Hunger. You obtain Potato x1. Skill Unlocked: Earth Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: None yet.
The water is moving strangely. it's not usually supposed to wobble like that.

We need more logs,chop more trees down
2 You've already chopped down a bunch of the trees in this empty field, but you want to do more. So eager to do so, you don't really look where you're aiming. You swing your axe and fall on your butt, onto a hard rock. -2 Health.

Continue to focus on molding the metal. Try to bend it with my hands into a knife or something useful.
5 There's no 'metal' magic per say... Maybe what you're looking for there is transmutation? That's changing stuff into other stuff, so... Let's go with that. With a flash of inspiration, you shape your iron bar into a dagger. -1 Hunger. -1 Iron Bar. You obtain Iron Dagger x1. Skill Unlocked: Transmutation Magic Rank 0. Next rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Shape Object, 1 Mana Cost. Gain Mana Bar: 5/5 Lost Curse: Unable to Use Fire Magic.

Farm. Also, cast Plant Growth on my crops. Wanting to regain the fruits I'd used.
4+1 You continue to farm, using your Plant Growth spell for good measure. The Blackberries have spouted into bushes, and some of them are already ripe. -1 Mana. You obtain Blackberry x5. Foraging EXP: 5/15. Farming EXP: 5/10. Earth Magic Level Up: Choose One: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Earth Magic. Next Rank: 0/15 EXP.

Head down into the mine, try and find a defensible position inside that can be blocked off by one person.
1 There's a dragon over there, and you're terrified. You run and huddle in a corner, afraid for your life. -2 Hunger.
It's not a very good location. You're pretty sure it looked at you, too.

Spoiler: Current Statistics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:23:01 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2017, 11:02:24 am »

Create several campfires in a circle(with empty space in the middle)And stand in the center. Focusing on the fire I attempt to gain fire magic.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:05:02 am by Puppyguard »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2017, 11:08:16 am »

Sheathe my blade, kneel, and extend an open palm to the dragon. If it approaches and is non-hostile, lay the mushrooms out in front of it. Watch how it reacts to the mushrooms; if it is frightened of them, they may be poisonous. It it's hostile, then GTFO.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2017, 11:12:39 am »

Shame. I want magic powered steampunk stuff. Oh well,
Science time.
Attempt to create a method for moving water from the river to where the crops are, preferably without just walking from the river to the farm and back. Think Archimedes screw.

Edit:
So I now know transmutation... Hmm...
Think on the meaning of movement, how things change,
how animals run.
Try to animate the knife.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:35:34 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2017, 11:18:26 am »

Shame. I want magic powered steampunk stuff.
That's likely still possible, but one just has to unlock the right method to do so.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:29:23 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2017, 11:39:39 am »

Learn New Earth Magic, please. I admit, I am curious what spell.

I would like to plant the new x5 blackberries, expand the farm a bit, focus & cast plant growth again on the newly planted berries. Make more berries.

See new berries, smile softly. Feel the ground-life rising into new life, after soil aeration, and careful watering. Moist, motioned, soil means more maturity. Attempt not to stress the plants right this moment, but if there are more ripe berries, then gently pick them, carefully. Look to see if there are any strawberry seeds left for planting, if possible. If not, then perhaps I can find more, later. Be fascinated as the plants grow; completing continuing cycles of life.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2017, 12:07:24 pm »

Develop my water magic. I'm particularly thinking of something to make other calm, the way water is, or maybe something that will soothe others the way that water would. Yes, something to calm and soothe others.
"SO magic experience can come from dreams...and such can also regenerate Mana. Intriguing. Is it such rest that regenerates Mana, or is it only time not spent casting spells?" "rrRRrgh... "...Could it be that food converts into Mana over time, in addition to standard nutrients and energy?...no, ridiculous...it's the HUNGER that provides mana! Starving one's body, in possibly any regard, can bring mana! Ignoring the desire to see, and keeping one's eyes closed, or ignoring one's desire to be clean, and letting dirt and other filth accumulate....THAT very well IS the source of mana! But, as I am as packed with mana as my current form on this mortal world can be, perhaps I really Should look for food...

...ah, a blackberry farm! Simple, yet eventually, sorta, effective! They rot somewhat quickly, like the mind of a prisoner, from what I've heard, so another source of food will be needed. Perhaps potatoes? So many ways to cook, so many ways to grow! I shall look for those, buried deep within the topsoil, which isn't too deep at all. Everything's all relative, though, isn't it?...Well, seems there's another person at this campsite! Oh, there's a campsite! I'd hardly noticed, with the blackberry farm! The name of whom you're hearing right now is Arsintoille, master philanthropist-err, philOSOphER, in training. Have you learned the natures of magic from the considerations of how the world works and is?
"
...and quiet like water. Yes, that would be nice.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2017, 12:49:18 pm »

hmm. Try to cast gust of wind on something and get a feel for how strong the gust is.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2017, 01:20:40 pm »

Go back to camp get one of the logs and focus and imagine it shaping up into something else
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 72