Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 219025 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2017, 07:42:47 pm »

Oops
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2017, 08:24:24 pm »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Did I succeed in my intelligence check to place the horse under my control?

Mount my horse, because I can. Enter the house and begin investigating it.
You get on your horse, which is a bit hard because its almost invisible, and set it into motion. It clanks and jerks and vibrates forward till you reach the door. The door is a pull door. You get off your horse and then, because the door is about 6 feet tall, guide the horse into the room and then get back onto it. This isn't very practical but goddamn it, its what you wanna do.

Look through the window and see if anyone is inside
You walk over to one of the windows and press your face against the glass, peering in.

I walk to the doors, and kick it/them open.

You walk over to the door that Steve opened, give it a good look, and then kick it, just because.

All of you see the same thing inside the Mill: The lowest level here seems to have been the home for someone, there's a book shelf to the left, a desk  straight ahead with a small chest of drawers next to it, and a table with two chairs in the center of the room. A bed sits off in the right corner and a fireplace in the left corner. Next to the bed, is a thin stairway reaching up to the next level. Everything here is coated in a thick layer of dust and cobwebs. Its totally quiet.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2017, 09:03:21 pm »

Do we get extra copies of words in the permanent spell list?
No. Well, you CAN get them from other places, but you don't start with them.

Casting Feline / Black Biometal. And moving to 10,4

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
[7] [+5 pot]
You end up with something that looks like Geiger's Alien crossed with a sabertooth tiger. Its 5 foot at the shoulder and maybe 12 from nose to tip of bladed, chitinous tail, all shimmering ink black sinew and bundles of metallic muscle. And luckily [6] you manage to bring it under your control.

You slink forward, your tiger keeping close behind you, and press up against the closed door. The archers up on the second level haven't seen you yet, but they could, if they looked in this direction.

Go look for a melee weapon.  Include looking for people carrying weapons, random objects, wall pipes, etcetera.  After finding something, go get it, unless it's held by the deserters.

"So boss, what's the plan?"

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
You run over to the wall and pry loose a sharp shard of stone. Its not exactly sophisticated, but it will do for stabbing and bashing someone's skull in.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2017, 09:10:42 pm »

Run into the open door and bash the target that looks more dangerous with my rock.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2017, 09:14:44 pm »

Get inside the building and slowly go to the next floor
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2017, 09:24:34 pm »

Climb onto the tiger and get it to climb up to the second level. Once up cast Dome / Darkness

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2017, 11:36:21 pm »

Corven stares at the man for several long seconds, mentally cursing himself  "Wassit to you?  Jus' lookin around, heard there was a neat setup here.  Guess yall don't want tourists though, huh?  Figured you'd be nicer to the citizens..."

Talk at him and hope to not get shot.  If he starts aiming, "Cloud Wall FireForward", then run. If he just says to get lost, do so.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2017, 11:55:26 pm »

I Head to the stairs.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2017, 01:50:20 am »

Test to see if my mount can fly.

Head upstairs and take a look around.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2017, 05:38:36 am »

Sarge holds the five magazines in his hands and inspects them, pleased. Then he looks over to Abu Hajaar, less pleased.

"Abu Hajaar! What are you doing? This is neither the time nor the place to put ethnic gang tattoos on yourself! Where are my bloody rifles?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2017, 07:13:29 am »

Abu was looking expectantly in front of him, expecting the guns to be acquisitioned momentarily. This did not go as expected. 
"Wait, where are the guns? What is this? Why do I suddenly look like cool youth with the tar-toos? Oh man, the sarge is gonna be pis-."

"Abu Hajaar! What are you doing? This is neither the time nor the place to put ethnic gang tattoos on yourself! Where are my bloody rifles?"

"Still, uhh, working on it sir! Just a teeny moment longer."

Since tattoos represent magically stored spells (I think) that means the spell 'largefirearm clockwork' is now stored on my head, right?

If yes, try firing off that tattooed spell by... rubbing my forehead? Or whatever one does to get it going.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:15:36 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2017, 12:11:47 pm »

"Abu! You need to activate your eyes. Got it? You need to do that."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2017, 04:12:24 pm »

"Abu! You need to activate your eyes. Got it? You need to do that."

"I, uhh, ok then magic bird lady, I'll do that!"

Abu now knew what to do: just activate your eyes! Easy peasy.
Staring intensely at the ground, Abu blinked. That's like activating your eyes, right? But oh, misfortune! No rifle of any stripe had acquisitioned itself.

Abu had tried one thing and was all out of ideas already. Hmm, what was it the drill instructor had told him when he kept failing the obstacle course in basic?
"Use your FIGHTING SPIRIT soldier!" he had bellowed. "No challenge is too great for a man pushing himself to the limit. So grit your teeth and punch through private! Now drop and give me twenty!" The drill instructor was a man much like sarge, but with a fancier hat.

Then inspiration struck, like lightning strikes the unlucky goat in the meadow: what if he just blinked harder and faster? Yeah, that must be it! And so Abu started blinking and fluttering and batting as fast as his young eyelashes allowed, until his vision got very stroboscopy.

After a bit of this, despite the subtle foam starting to form in the corner of his mouth, his desired deathtube still eluded him. Finally, he accepted defeat and turned back toward his alleged instructor.

"Missus pigeon, I uh, I don't know what that means."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2017, 04:19:54 pm »

Raven crosses her arms and talks slowly, as if to an infant.
"What's so hard about this. Just think about your eyes. No, not like that. Feel your eyes. Using your kinesthetic sense. You have one of those, right? Come on, every mage in this damned city knows how this works. There should just be an extra reflex in your eyes now. Normally activating your eyes doesn't do anything, but now if you do it the mark will go off."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2017, 04:42:45 pm »

Raven crosses her arms and talks slowly, as if to an infant.
"What's so hard about this. Just think about your eyes. No, not like that. Feel your eyes. Using your kinesthetic sense. You have one of those, right? Come on, every mage in this damned city knows how this works. There should just be an extra reflex in your eyes now. Normally activating your eyes doesn't do anything, but now if you do it the mark will go off."

"Wait, so I need to... feel my... eyes?"

Abu never really consciously felt his eyes, but now that he tried he could kind of feel it? Like, they still seemed to still be right there in their sockets, where they always had been. But apparently they were different now? Abu best felt his eyes when they were moving, so if he needed to feel his eyes, and he felt them more when moving, why, the implications were clear!

And so Abu started frantically moving his eyes up, down, left, right and every which way. They bounced, they bobbed and they vibrated so much it made him dizzy. But still the secrets of gunomancy refused to reveal themselves.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 114