Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]  (Read 12733 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2017, 09:53:01 pm »

"Fine, then."

Leave my bow planted where it is as a distraction, then duck back behind the wall. Loot the corpse that's here for anything useful, then stealthily circle around to the west.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2017, 10:00:58 pm »

Go help spaz open the door to the gatehouse.

Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2017, 01:39:12 am »

Sneak over to the gatehouse, try and ascertain where the way down is, and where hostiles are.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2017, 03:05:32 pm »

(( Quick bump for spaz. I've been a touch lazy with updates as of late, my apologies ))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2017, 04:52:19 pm »

(( Quick bump for spaz. I've been a touch lazy with updates as of late, my apologies ))
((been asleep)
Go join the others in shooting the guards.
"Someone handle this, seems this isn't my forte"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:54:22 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:35 pm »

"Fine, then."

Leave my bow planted where it is as a distraction, then duck back behind the wall. Loot the corpse that's here for anything useful, then stealthily circle around to the west.
You leave your bow standing upright, wedged in between two bricks, before ducking down behind the parapet and sneaking off toward the west. You take a moment to loot the nigh-headless corpse still balancing on the wall's edge.

[10] He has many fine golden rings on his fingers, and a very interesting amulet, shaped as a cross, that seems to hum slightly. Aside from this, he has a pouch containing thirty gold attached to his waist beneath the armour. You grab all of these things, the jewelry and the gold, before sneaking down the western most rampart.

Go help spaz open the door to the gatehouse.

You try your luck on the gatehouse door.
[6] Your boot impacts hard, and you feel the door slightly buckle. It creaks open, the deadbolt bent.

Sneak over to the gatehouse, try and ascertain where the way down is, and where hostiles are.
You sneak along the parapets to the gatehouse where Brutus and Atyr are standing. You peak your head in the now open door, and the sight of stairs greet you. From this position, you cannot be sure of where the hostiles may be. You realize, however, that they certainly heard your entrance.

((been asleep)
Go join the others in shooting the guards.
"Someone handle this, seems this isn't my forte"
You step away from the door, your pride hurting more than your foot, and take a potshot at the keep's guards as a way of feeling slightly better.
[ [4](Attack) vs [4+1](Block) ] The left-most guard easily blocks your arrow, which clatters to the ground next to him.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2017, 12:44:46 pm »

Go get my grappeling hook from the one guy then wait for the guards to head up the stairs in the gate house before anchoring the grappelling hook and climbing down
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:27:40 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »

Cautiously sneak into gatehouse.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:39:33 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2017, 05:46:07 pm »

If NRDL doesn't get the door open, boot it again.

If hte door is already open, just stride in, weapons out. Attack whatever enemy is first to face me.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:50:37 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2017, 06:28:23 pm »

I think it's open already
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2017, 07:39:15 pm »

Will change action then.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2017, 07:49:30 pm »

Even if the door is open, I doubt sneaking in will be effective, lol. Ah well, I'll try to take all the attention then.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2017, 09:37:46 pm »

Leap over the edge of the wall into the keep. Run over and stab a guard with a dagger.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2017, 09:53:14 am »

Even if the door is open, I doubt sneaking in will be effective, lol. Ah well, I'll try to take all the attention then.
Take attention, I'll slip down and surround them while others dash into the keep
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2017, 06:25:52 pm »

Go get my grappeling hook from the one guy then wait for the guards to head up the stairs in the gate house before anchoring the grappelling hook and climbing down
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You head eastward, looking for Haeline. You find her stretching for reasons unknown to you, and nab your grappling hook back from her belt. You stride back towards the gatehouse, and cautiously enter through the slightly open door. The Gatehouse is rather dark, with the only light being provided by the moonlight entering from the door behind you and the open bridge.

You are now standing on a wooden platform, with a set of stairs directly to your right. In the pale moonlight, you can see that this platformed is mirrored on the other side of the gatehouse, with its set of stairs leading to another platform directly beneath it, which then, in turn, leads to the bridge.

[5] You can't see the missing guards anywhere, but anchor your grappling hook and drape it down over the platform all the same. It unfurls, and falls down into the darkness.

You quietly enter the gatehouse behind Atyr, and stand behind him on the platform. You strain your eyes in the dark.

[1] The darkness is truly overwhelming, and you can't help but feel like you are surrounded on all sides by hostile forces.

If hte door is already open, just stride in, weapons out. Attack whatever enemy is first to face me.

You confidently stride into the gatehouse, weapons at the ready, and are greeted by the same oppressive darkness.

[7] You strain your eyes, and can see no foes on this platform or any of the platforms adjacent to you. Since you are aware that two guards are unaccounted for, and likely here in the gatehouse, you assume that they must be waiting for you at some point below you.

Leap over the edge of the wall into the keep. Run over and stab a guard with a dagger.
You finish your stretches, and leap from the wall into the keep.

[1] Mid-flight you realize just how bad of an idea this was. Your jump was perfect, but the fifteen-ish foot fall can not be met by a pretty landing. You fall heavily upon your left ankle, letting out a loud yelp as you feel a sharp, hot pain stem from the point of impact. [D5 for damage, ignoring armour: 3]. The guards next to the keep hear you, and the right-most begins heading towards your position.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8