Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214821 times)

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 1 [A New Day]
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2017, 02:03:56 am »

Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent
Determine how large the barracudas are. If I am significantly larger, then sneak attack them and maul them all to death. If not, wait for them to pass and search out easier prey.
Insert witty signature here

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [15] - Turn 5
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2017, 02:29:47 am »

find something nearby to hide my form. Go into town to do so if I have to. Rest once I have done so.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:20 am »

"Well, not exactly... Many thanks for reacting swiftly - this place holds so much knowledge that even my brain can't fully process it. As expected, I made a mistake, trying to decipher symbols like I do every time while finding unexpected details. But, compared to small clues and bits outside, here, every small detail holds a well of ancient information."

Ulkas smiled half-mockingly at his own carelessness.

"I'll try to hold myself back from now on, but be ready to stop me just in case. Let's move, I have a vague feeling something interesting might happen soon."

Avoid using Expansive mind (for now). Check four doors. If no clues arise or traps are seen - open doors and compare insides. If still nothing, choose a random one and proceed.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2017, 06:30:10 am »

Time to eat! While I am consuming the corpse with the others, absorb this escence and try to understand it. If there is not enough food for everyone, hunt another prey. If everyone had enough, scout the area for hostiles to the sylvarians or invaders.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:38:54 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2017, 06:47:40 am »

protoquin(formatting later)

gain distance and lash the entity with my bright yellow tongue.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2017, 06:54:36 am »

Squelchy quickly uses pounce, aiming directly for the head of his opponent. If possible, he envelopes the head and solidifies, suffocating his enemy.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:25:05 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2017, 07:06:47 am »

"Damn not-prey I am not a meal for a plant!"

Use my lack of handholds to wiggle free and get out of the grove
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2017, 07:31:55 am »

((Just to clarify : When Skee is in control of a host, he still uses his own mind (in addition to being able to exploit any knowledge or prior memories his host has) so I think his INT and IND stats should remain as his own, which are both 1, and not become equal to the slime's INT and IND. At least that's the way I see it.))

Skee took a few moments to get used to his new gelatinous host, but did not waste time either, for he had a plan to set in motion. After testing out the capabilities of the slime's body, Skee attempted to reshape it in a vaguely humanoid form ((Slimes are essentially a soft membrane with squishy stuff inside right ? So this should be at least possible, if difficult)), or, failing that, at least into a nondescript quadrupedal shape. Then, Skee tried to locate other slimes, either by going to an eventual slime gathering place his host already knew off, or by using its sense of smell to recognize and follow other slimes' pheromone trails.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2017, 07:40:47 am »

((Just to clarify : When Skee is in control of a host, he still uses his own mind (in addition to being able to exploit any knowledge or prior memories his host has) so I think his INT and IND stats should remain as his own, which are both 1, and not become equal to the slime's INT and IND. At least that's the way I see it.))
That's how I saw it too, don't worry :)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2017, 08:03:28 am »

Spoiler: Evolution complete (click to show/hide)
Eat of the beasts flesh and rest.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2017, 01:06:11 pm »

Go'von melted the neck off the beast with Digest and slid up to the wall to eat it.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2017, 02:35:47 pm »

Can I submit ideas for evolutions pre-emptivley? Also a strange question, but do monsters have biological families in this game, like say a sire of the same species?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2017, 03:41:01 pm »

"Prias. Not a bad name. And nah, no evil gods here. Pretty sure of that. Could be wrong though. I'm clearly just a ring. And an ancient artifact of immeasurable power. I've been around for a few millenia at least. Maybe even longer, I tend to lose track of time when waiting for someone to pick me up. As for what I want, it's pretty simple. Rid myself of boredom. And to have you do what you truly want to do."

"Oh, and I also double as a pretty damn good weapon, if I may say so myself. If you don't believe me, just think of wielding me."

Talking ho!

Prias had resigned himself to the situation. Might as well follow the flow.

"Do what I truly want to do... So you grant wishes?"

He displayed a puzzled expression when you told him to "wield" you. Wielding a ring? That wasn't possible. If there was something he would wield, it would definitely be—

A dagger appeared in its ring hand. The curved blade was wreathed in dark grey and inscribed with the same timeworn runes of the ring. Both external and inner edges were sharpened, and this weapon seemed made to slash throats more than to stab.

Prias had a look of disgust upon seeing this weapon.

"Please turn back. It brings back unpleasant memories."

Can I submit ideas for evolutions pre-emptivley? Also a strange question, but do monsters have biological families in this game, like say a sire of the same species?
Sure you can, though I will ask to re-submit them when the time come of course.

In this world, monsters do have biological families. There could be evolutionary trees around, but with the amount of evolution happening everyday, they would turn pretty epileptic. Speaking of this, the offspring of an evolved creature will be born as the "base species" of the creature plus a few inherited traits from their progenitor if nature is inclined to.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2017, 05:18:09 pm »

Blue eye's staring ironically entranced their mouth opening and closing their mind a whir. This fox was beautiful...she wanted to touch it....stroke its soft fur. Fluorine smiled at it and gave a small Coo. Her voice as it came out could be described as..flirtacious...light in tone and definitely excited.

"Why hello~"

Smiling brightly their sharp teeth cleaned from the water presented to them. Eager rising up out of the water.

"Nice to see a beautiful thing like you around~"

Say and do the above.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2017, 06:35:42 pm »

"Yes and no. I don't exactly grant wishes, I bestow upon you the drive to achieve your goals in spite of any opposition... Even if the opposition is your own fears and inhibitions."

"It's as simple as wanting to sheath or put me away, kid. While I can change forms at will by myself, you have control over it as well. Hm, haven't been a dagger for a while. I can dig it."

Talking continues!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 99