Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215734 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 47
« Reply #1260 on: October 15, 2022, 08:54:21 pm »

(Can I have my Spell Resistance spell cast?  Standing orders are to keep that up at all times, if possible.  If it'd take an extra turn, don't do it, don't want to waste this opportunity.)

Sweet!

Go beat up on one of the trees.  Dive from the side where the tentacles are stuck, but swing around to the other side, using my Infighter skill to disable the one I'm attacking from up-close.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 08:59:17 pm by Devastator »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 15, 2022, 11:01:14 pm »

Ulkas smiled politely at the gifts, even as inside giddy excitement raised alongside crown-caused apprehension:

”We will definitely put those to good use. You have my thanks.”

It was time to go, as testing new weapons is better done in proper place. That said…

(Are you ready, my Queen? We have much to share and discuss, but it waits until we blast something into cinders~

Liel, are there coordinates for Ancient facilities where we can go wild and use our new boons to heart content? Even I am feeling such desire and Astrosa certainly needs it as well.)

Teleport to Ancient facility that could serve as testing ground for our weapons and outlet for Astrosa frustrations. Essence gathering is secondary, as training ourselves is even more important.

We shall continue honing Astrosa appreciation of finer aspects of mind warfare while we are at it - both as a means to share knowledge and helping her find more outlets for rage within. For to defeat ones enemies, one must learn more of themselves first.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 16, 2022, 04:17:54 am »

“Tic toc! Tic toc! Big dog!”
Azarian chanted urgently in goblin as he reacted to the new threat with Psi siphon, hoping to neutralize it’s magical potential and weaken it in preparation for devouring it’s mind.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 09:14:17 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 17, 2022, 02:28:32 am »

Adjustment to the previous update.
- Attack Levels will no longer be increased by the base Attribute used for an attack.
- Attack Levels will still be increased by the Attribute difference.

(It led to Offensive Attributes being vastly superior to Defensive Attributes.)

I'm working on adding this information to the first post, then I will work on reviewing everyone's Traits and Skills. It will also be a good occasion to see if there are some things you are not satisfied with in your sheet!

Before I finish writing the current turn, I will clarify the combat mechanics.

Combat mechanics

Let's ignore the temporary combat mechanics I used for a few turns, which could be summed up to:
1) Determining a hit: d20s against a target difficulty modified by 2*[attributes difference].
2) Damage: damage dice levels, attacks have a base damage dice, which increases/decreases in level based on attribute difference.
3) Criticals: Epic failure/success [1 / 20] leads to a free failure or critical.

What I don't like: 1) leads to swingy randomness sometimes.

Compared to the Old Mechanics, where:
1) Determining a hit: dX vs dY, where X and Y are respectively modified by attributes.
2) Damage: Attacks have base damage dice, which is multiplied by a factor based on attributes difference.
3) Criticals: Epic failure [1] leads to a free critical for the other party.

What I didn't like: 2) led to bizarre damage, and annoying to deal with multipliers.

Now the new mechanics will in short be a mix of the two old attempts (refered to as OLD and NEW).
1) Will use OLD: dX vs dY, where X and Y are respectively modified by attributes.
2) Will use NEW: Damage dice levels. AKA Attack Levels.
3) Will use OLD: Epic failure [1] leads to a free critical for the other party.

Another point: failed attacks will give a variable advantage to the defender for their counterattack.

1. Attack Levels and Damage Rolls

The Attack Level represents the overall strength of an attack.
The Attack Level is determined based on the used Attribute, the Weapon used, and Combat modifiers.
The starting Attack Level is 1, which is a damage roll of a single d4.

Every points in the used Attribute increase the level by 1.
In Combat, the Attack Level is increased or decreased by the Attribute difference.
Basic weapons will generally increase the Attack Level by 1, with better quality weapons increasing the Attack Level further.

Attack levels 1 to 3:
d4: light attack (2.5)
d6: normal attack (3.5)
d8: heavy attack (4.5)

Attack levels 4 to 6:
2d4: light superior attack (5)
2d6: normal superior attack (7)
2d8: heavy superior attack (9)

Attack levels 7 to 9:
3d6: light devastating attack (10.5)
3d8: normal devastating attack (13.5)
3d10: heavy devastating attack (16.5)

Attack levels 10 to 12:
4d8: light fatal attack (18)
4d10: normal fatal attack (22)
4d12: heavy fatal attack (26)

(etc...)

Spoiler: Attack Template (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Attack Example (click to show/hide)

2. Talent, Skill, and Situation

What I want for combat is for players to feel the influence of three components: Talent, Skill, and Situation. To that end I define these three components as follow in an attack/defence roll:

Talent [Base Roll]: based on Attributes, innately swingy with highs and lows.
Skill [Skill Mod]: based on Skills or Traits, consistent.
Situation [Situation Mod]: everything else, variable.

Talent + Skill + Situation
[Base Roll] + [Skill Mod] + [Situation Mod]

Talent and Base Roll

The Base Roll starts from a d10, and 2 is added/substracted to the die size for each points of Attribute above 0.
That way every 1 in an Attribute increases the average of the base roll by 1.5.

Skill
First off, there are 4 levels of Skill. Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, and Master.
Skills offer flat bonuses.
+0: No skill
+1 to +2: Basic
+3 to +4: Intermediate
+5 to +6: Advanced
+7 and more: Master

The idea behind Skills is that they offer consistency, and allow someone to bridge the gap with a talented but unskilled adversary.
So far the idea is that:

A Basic level can close the gap of 1 Attribute.
An Intermediate level can close the gap of 2 Attribute.
An Advanced level can close the gap of 3 Attribute.
A Master level can close the gap of 4 Attribute.

Situation
The idea behind Situation is to reward or punish the decisions of players and NPCs, as well as add another layer of unpredictability to combat.
So far we have the following levels of advantage, but unfortunately I am yet not confident I can give proper guidelines. I don't want Situation modifiers to completely negate Talent and Skill, so I will be experimenting with the modifiers.

Decisive disadvantage (-4): +6
Strong disadvantage (-3): -4
Medium disadvantage (-2): -2
Light disadvantage (-1): -1
Balanced (0): +0
Light advantage (1): +1
Medium advantage (2): +2
Strong advantage (3): +4
Decisive advantage (4): +6

3. Magic... this wizardry

There is still a point which I'm really not satisfied with, and it's magic. I feel a lack of feedback from the system discourages players to attempt to invest in it, because they don't really know what to expect (and to be fair neither do I, which is not good!). My notes were a mess on that front, and here is a coherent draft.

Magic Mastery Skills will have four tiers: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Master.
Mastery tiers will affect MP cost, target casting difficulty, and the intensity of effects.
1. It is likely I will rebalance HP and MP if I standardize Magic mechanics.
2. It is very likely Skills will be affected by the addition of a <Magic> tag to tell it consumes MPs.

Level: [Damage] / Skill equivalent / Cost
Basic: [Normal] / Novice / Low
Intermediate: [Superior] / Intermediate / Moderate
Advanced: [Devastating] / Expert / High
Master: [Fatal] / Master / Very High

Magic characteristics:
Magic Types will have four characteristics: Cost, Translation, Idea, and Difficulty. These should help get an idea of what to expect from a magic.
Each Magic will of course have their own particularities or prerequisites.

Cost: the energy requirements of the magic. Determines casting cost.
Translation: the energy to effect conversion. Determines spell power.
Idea: a measure of how easy or hard it is to learn this magic's fundamental concepts. Determines learning difficulty.
Difficulty: a measure of the degree of skill needed to successfully cast a spell. Determines casting difficulty.

Examples:
Glyph: a magic using Glyphs and Mana as a medium.
> Cost is Cheap, Translation is Efficient, Idea is Easy, Difficulty is Hard.
Arcane: a magic using Words+Formulas and Mana as a medium.
> Cost is Balanced, Translation is Balanced, Idea is Intermediate, Difficulty is Variable with a low ceiling.
Song: : a magic using Voice and Mana as a medium.
> Cost is High, Translation is Variable, Idea is Intermediate, Difficulty is Hard

More musings
Somewhere along that, I would like for players to be able to choose to cast a spell "safely", or "randomly". The difference between the two being RTD rules.
A safe spell will either fail or succeed within expected parameters.
A random spell will be subject to RTD madness.

Trying to cast a spell above your skill mastery will definitely use the Random parameter, if the casting is even successful.

Now I can't start working on the turn haha.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 17, 2022, 04:24:53 am »

First draft of the tentative rework. Feel free to have a look, protest, and be promptly ignored!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 17, 2022, 05:32:51 am »

I like it, it clarifies a lot of what to expect from my abilities given the semi-magic focus of my current character.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 17, 2022, 02:24:58 pm »

Decided to update with some suggestions. Noted traits/Skills which can give Advantage.

Also changed traits & skills into 5 tabs:

Innate Traits - these are always active, offer general benefits, do not change
Combat Traits - these are only applicable in fights, can be otherwise ignored
Utility Traits - these are always active, but offer varying benefits

Mental Skills & Magical Skills - Affected by INT & POW+INT abilities, correspondingly

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 17, 2022, 02:47:20 pm »

Yep as you saw, I started dabbling with tags.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 17, 2022, 04:23:29 pm »

Name: Moretti

Species: Mimic

Appearance: A treasure chest with teeth able to communicate with its prey through explained reasons. Maybe the creation of a mage?

Surely you don’t need me to explain what a mimic is?

Attributes:
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
Essence: 0/2

STR 0 -Strength : increases physical damage-
CON 1 -Constitution : increases physical resilience-

POW -1 -Power : increases special/magical damage-
RES 1 -Resistance : increases special/magical resilience-

INT 0 -Intelligence : increases your ability to submit others to your will-
IND -1 -Individuality : increases your ability to resist to others will-

Traits:
Totally A Treasure Chest: A slight SEP field designed to make people think this is a normal chest of loot.

Surprisingly Sharp Teeth: A mimics teeth are extremely sharp and durable, able to chomp through even the hardest of materials.

Skills:
Minor Mimicry: Can obtain the properties of objects by eating them.

Identify: Able to magically gain information about something with concentration.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 17, 2022, 06:31:22 pm »

"This thing isn't very bright, is it? Still, I'd rather not tangle with it, depleted as we are... let's get out of here before it catches on—try to avoid shadows, it seems to like those."

GTFO in progress. Entertain the Shadow Lurker by making the illusion try to evade its blows, coincidentally moving away from us while doing so.

[I really need to check Bay more often now. Also, the changes seem reasonable, they make our abilities a bit less vague and more transparent in their effects. *nods sagely*]

[FAKEEDIT: I just realized I inadvertently caused Eximius to make a terrible pun and I love it.]
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 17, 2022, 06:55:57 pm »

Sharing interesting theorycrafting because I think there is value in sharing.

Oh, actually there is one thing.  I wanted Infighting to provide benefits against groups, because other enemies would be at risk of hitting their buddy.  Would it be okay if it granted a lesser bonus against all enemies in a fight, instead of just the one I'm hitting?  Or is that something to wait for another level?  Or does it already do that if the target is big?

I would translate what you are saying into a situational disadvantage to hit if the target you are fighting is big enough.

Exemple:
1) Against a pack of goblins, you can't take advantage of their size to use Infighting.
2) Against three ogres, or an ogre and a pack of goblins, the defensive aspect of Infighting would likely trigger if you are explicitely fighting a big target.

Also I would really like if these discussions could occur in the thread! I think it could give ideas to other players, as well as maybe produce some additional feedback.

[I really need to check Bay more often now. Also, the changes seem reasonable, they make our abilities a bit less vague and more transparent in their effects. *nods sagely*]

[FAKEEDIT: I just realized I inadvertently caused Eximius to make a terrible pun and I love it.]

Once the mechanics update stabilize, I intend to aim for an update every two days (or every day if somehow I manage). With maybe some compilation posts from time to time (so never).

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 18, 2022, 01:00:57 am »

[After leaving Sateris]

“Astrosa, I wanted to share some understanding I have gained while accessing Sateris Zeos. As you remember, there was a question that we answered. I do not know your answer, as it is your secret to share, but I was surprised by mine.”

“While my destitiny/purpose never changed from the moment I woke up in the mountains near Pandemonium, the way to reach it certainly did.”

“And this is important, because it happened thanks to your presence. My thirst for Knowledge defines my existence. I want to grasp whole world in my hand to learn its intricacy and splendor - yet there were many ways to achieve this. A bloody warlord, a reclusive mage, an aloof controller…”

“With your presence and willpower, I realized I do not want to reach this enlightenment alone. No, I want to share it, make others realize the world as I see it myself. Yet there is only one I want to share the world with fully… Only you, my Queen. I wish to gift you a whole world and its marvels.”

“Yours is the path of Power, but Knowledge is Power, if used right. Allow me to further elaborate…”

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 18, 2022, 02:42:05 am »

Update 48:

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
(Can I have my Spell Resistance spell cast?  Standing orders are to keep that up at all times, if possible.  If it'd take an extra turn, don't do it, don't want to waste this opportunity.)

Sweet!

Go beat up on one of the trees.  Dive from the side where the tentacles are stuck, but swing around to the other side, using my Infighter skill to disable the one I'm attacking from up-close.

Brimming with confidence you dove on one of the tangled trees, crossing the canopies separating the skies from the realm of the jungles.

Under was a sea of green, so much denser than any forest you had seen before that flying around the countless obstacles was in itself an incredible feat. The dark foliage surrounding you was too dark to see where you were exactly, and through walls of leaves it seemed countless eyes were watching you. Continuing further, you saw the body of the tree through all this greenery, a great trunk that dwarfed even the tallest trees you knew of, with white bark covered with strange growths bigger than you, like pustules on a toad's body. Still you couldn't see the ground, and wondered how old that tree was.

[Infighting is Active]

[Squack: Diamond Claws (First Strike)]
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Squack: Diamond Claws (First Strike)]

Your first strike failed to penetrate the dense bark, and you circled around for another attack while the tentacle-like vines were still tangled. With a second strike on a more vulnerable looking part you managed to lacerate the bark and cause sap to comes out slowly gushing, at the cost of your Diamond Claws which were now much less effective than before. It didn't seem like you had managed to cripple the tree with this strike either.

Suddenly a few of the growths opened, and medium sized creatures of bark emerged. With four long spidery limbs and a dozen tentacles made of vines on their back, they looked at you with hostility. One of them fired a tentacle toward one of the many branches of the sea of trees, pulling itself with incredible speed and agility, repeating the same movement to approach you while hiding in the dense foliage.

Nearby monsters:
-At least two "Tentacle Trees"
> Tree #1 [-4HP]
[HP? MP? STR2 CON4 POW? RES? INT? IND?]

-A dozen "bark spawns?"
[HP? MP? STR? CON? POW? RES? INT? IND?]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
Ulkas smiled politely at the gifts, even as inside giddy excitement raised alongside crown-caused apprehension:

”We will definitely put those to good use. You have my thanks.”

It was time to go, as testing new weapons is better done in proper place. That said…

(Are you ready, my Queen? We have much to share and discuss, but it waits until we blast something into cinders~

Liel, are there coordinates for Ancient facilities where we can go wild and use our new boons to heart content? Even I am feeling such desire and Astrosa certainly needs it as well.)

Teleport to Ancient facility that could serve as testing ground for our weapons and outlet for Astrosa frustrations. Essence gathering is secondary, as training ourselves is even more important.

We shall continue honing Astrosa appreciation of finer aspects of mind warfare while we are at it - both as a means to share knowledge and helping her find more outlets for rage within. For to defeat ones enemies, one must learn more of themselves first.

[After leaving Sateris]

“Astrosa, I wanted to share some understanding I have gained while accessing Sateris Zeos. As you remember, there was a question that we answered. I do not know your answer, as it is your secret to share, but I was surprised by mine.”

“While my destitiny/purpose never changed from the moment I woke up in the mountains near Pandemonium, the way to reach it certainly did.”

“And this is important, because it happened thanks to your presence. My thirst for Knowledge defines my existence. I want to grasp whole world in my hand to learn its intricacy and splendor - yet there were many ways to achieve this. A bloody warlord, a reclusive mage, an aloof controller…”

“With your presence and willpower, I realized I do not want to reach this enlightenment alone. No, I want to share it, make others realize the world as I see it myself. Yet there is only one I want to share the world with fully… Only you, my Queen. I wish to gift you a whole world and its marvels.”

“Yours is the path of Power, but Knowledge is Power, if used right. Allow me to further elaborate…”

(Understood, I will select a facility that has been confirmed compromised due to abnormal signal.)

After the first warp caused by the connective Sateris gate, Last's teleportation spell started to activate. During that time you shared your thoughts with Astrosa, reflecting on the entire situation as well as your future endeavors. She listened, looking at you with an intense crimson gaze, and interrupted you.
"My adorable Ulkas. I am the same and it is as you, if I were to hold the world in my hand, there is only one who I would share it with. Our promise hasn't changed: show me the world as you see it, and I will show you the world as I see it. Together, we will be our own kings. Even if... my destiny wasn't the one I thought."

She stoked her wrist with a longing gaze while she continued speaking.
"Back then, trapped in my mind, I heard my own voice as the question 'What is your purpose?' The words that I wanted to say weren't the ones that came out. The vision I saw wasn't the one I had sought until then. It was a vision, a story stretching farther than the horizon. It was... something beyond demons, beyond my hate. The worse of it is, I knew it was right in a part of me. But I still can't accept it."

She looked upward at the vast ceiling, seemingly leading to an unknown world.
"Even if it is indeed the truth, I cannot imagine something beyond my hate, beyond the death of my brother. 'Will I be able to live once my vengeance is accomplished' was a question I often thought about. And the answer of my soul shattered my weak arrogance."

Astrosa smiled at you.
"I want to see if the answer of my soul is truly real. And I know you will be there to help me see what lies after our revenge."

Then she looked at you with an expression telling you to resume from where she cut you off.

Afterward space changed around you as Last's spell activated, sending you to a derelict magic research facility far to the south compared to Marandars. The facility was once referred to as Endorfos, though this name no longer held meaning. It was located in a ruined country feared by the civilized people of the continent: Nepkeros the Dead Land.

Space around you reformed, revealing to you a great four way hall illuminated by a faint and sickening purple light, its ceiling so tall it must have been underground. You didn't waste time admiring the forlorn architecture, as the place was swarming with Undead monsters. Awakened from their long slumber by the presence of the living, the malevolent unliving beings all rose and turned toward you.

Ancient armors brimming with unlife force, swarms of vague shades barely held together by their dark energy, as well as a massive amalgamate of spirits so ancient and powerful it could fill a third of the hall. Instantly unleashing her Bloodlust Madness, Astrosa went berserk with a wide and bloodthirsty grin on her face.

"Finallyyyy! I'm not going to hold back!"

Her crimson gown flowed around her, forming a solid dark red battle dress. Then fusing with the substance, the ring on her finger morphed into two pieces of connected equipment. On her right arm a piece of ethereal red metal armor formed, and in her hand appeared a great spear of an unholy blood red crystalline metal. The spear and the armor pulsed, as if alive.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
“Tic toc! Tic toc! Big dog!”
Azarian chanted urgently in goblin as he reacted to the new threat with Psi siphon, hoping to neutralize it’s magical potential and weaken it in preparation for devouring it’s mind.

Toc jumped in surprise upon seeing the Great Wolf. Seizing the initiative, you unleashed your powers on the hostile creature.

[Azarian: Psi Siphon (Basic Innate Spell)]
-2MP

[Great Wolf: Spell Resistance (Intermediate Innate Spell)]
-5MP (Wolf)

Shrugging off your spell, the blue wolf cast a defensive buff in response, increasing its resistance to spells up to a certain tier. You then saw it about to lunge at you, and Toc seemed unsure whether to run or fight.

Nearby Beings:
- Lineine Great Wolf (Stage 2) [Hostile]
[HP? MP? STR? CON? POW1 RES1 INT? IND?]
> -2MP
[Spell Resistance]
- Toc the Teal Goblin

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"This thing isn't very bright, is it? Still, I'd rather not tangle with it, depleted as we are... let's get out of here before it catches on—try to avoid shadows, it seems to like those."

GTFO in progress. Entertain the Shadow Lurker by making the illusion try to evade its blows, coincidentally moving away from us while doing so.

In other circumstances, Prias would have found your quip very funny. He restrained himself from letting a long sigh, and escaped from the place as swiftly and silently as humanly possible while the Shadow Lurker chased against the struggling but unharmed illusion. He ran across the fog covered deadland with great care, until he was sure there was no monster around.

Right as you were about to decide what to do next, you felt like a powerful jolt crackling in your mind. Something incredibly familiar, something forgotten. Somewhere.. Where? Someone... Who are you? Someone like you. A connection. A flash of red, and the pulse of a forgotten weapon. Somewhere, another weapon had found its wielder, you were sure of it. For a short while you had felt it, and you could vaguely tell where it came from. Not so far, but not so closer either, somewhere in the deadland...

A sense of dread overcame you. Although finding this weapon and its wielder could give you clues about your past, your battle instincts told you that if you were to meet the weapon and its wielder, you would surely die. Prias voice shook you off your daze.

"Eximius? Is everything all right? You went silent all of a sudden. Should we try to find another monster to train our skills, or should we call it a day and return to Safara?"

Nearby Monsters:
-Shadow Lurker
[A dreadful monster of shadows, usually sliding along the ground like a large pool of ink. Surprisingly fast and able to manifest many maws, it is invisible when in shadows.]

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Moretti the Mimic (Knightwing64)[/size]
Name: Moretti

Species: Mimic

Appearance: A treasure chest with teeth able to communicate with its prey through explained reasons. Maybe the creation of a mage?

Surely you don’t need me to explain what a mimic is?

Attributes:
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
Essence: 0/2

STR 0 -Strength : increases physical damage-
CON 1 -Constitution : increases physical resilience-

POW -1 -Power : increases special/magical damage-
RES 1 -Resistance : increases special/magical resilience-

INT 0 -Intelligence : increases your ability to submit others to your will-
IND -1 -Individuality : increases your ability to resist to others will-

Traits:
Totally A Treasure Chest: A slight SEP field designed to make people think this is a normal chest of loot.

Surprisingly Sharp Teeth: A mimics teeth are extremely sharp and durable, able to chomp through even the hardest of materials.

Skills:
Minor Mimicry: Can obtain the properties of objects by eating them.

Identify: Able to magically gain information about something with concentration.

Luck: [3]

You don't know who or what created you, all you know is that you lived all your life in a dark, damp room until the robed figure stopped coming to feed you in-between the live meals. So you went out to search something to eat, hunger gnawing at you. As you wandered in dark corridors of cool stone, you heard sounds of footsteps.

Some bizarre cyclopean humanoid with a blade grafted on one arm and several metal rods protuding from its body is shambling in your direction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 18, 2022, 03:42:24 am »

(If I land on something, does the environment penalty go away?)

Keep the tree between me and the oncoming Bark Monster, tearing at the tree with another attack.  Squack to try and confuse the bark monster about how high up or down I am on the tree.

..These trees are really annoying.  Probably good for the people who live here, though.

..except they probably have their own super dangerous monsters at ground level.  Or at this level, in the vines and branches.

..Why are there such dangerous monsters everywhere?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 04:14:47 pm by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 18, 2022, 04:36:46 am »

well thats not good, but with magical resistance as high as it has, surely its mind is still vulnerable? Mind eater time!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99