Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214834 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 59
« Reply #1410 on: September 30, 2023, 01:10:10 am »

Talk with the griffin and discover what's going on in the mainland.

I'll hand down an ultimatum, the griffin must leave the island in two days.  Depending on what's going on Squacks might go with the griffin or might not.

I also might need to form a militia here, to help protect the place while I'm away.  With dozens of birds we can afford to have a few mutate with essence to protect the others, so..

Talk with the slimes and birds to pick out a militia.  No more than ten in total.  Talk with them and see if I can get them to think as a team for how they want to fight.. a healer or two, a buffer or two, a few attackers, a scout, etcetera.  It's not that important as I still plan on doing solo fights, but I'd like to have some creatures to defend this place while I'm gone.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 30, 2023, 01:13:17 am »

(Danger or not, we need to go there and do the Hero thing. Not just for Safara, but for those at the borders of Nepkeros as well. But I can't have you go there with just me to accompany you...)

Making himself audible to the four adventurers, Eximius sighed, finally revealing his presence. "It may be perilous, Squire, but it has to be done as soon as possible - lest our inaction pass down a 'death sentence' on those who can't do anything about this. If you're willing to risk your lives to assist, follow the Hero. My wielder will gladly welcome your help."

Heroic party ho?
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 30, 2023, 01:15:27 am »

Swamp Slugipede

Run away from the frog. If there are mangrove trees nearby, try to go through gaps in the roots of the trees that are big enough to slip & squish through, but too small for the frog to fit into.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 30, 2023, 01:49:19 am »

”I hail from dead lands, Crossed wall. met toc and gave hand, is all.
Found clothes on dead human, somewhat old. found strange image on them, with small story told.
have not attacked humans as far as I know. Even goblins know it only brings woe.
almost all fighting was in land before. only fight here was wolf while helping with chore.”

Reveal the depiction that I found before to the man, being honest and upstanding in my retelling.
Sidenote: the sheet you have been posting with my turns has the stats incorrectly distributed. I put my points into Int, not res.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:56:53 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 30, 2023, 03:31:45 am »

”Plan? We fucking RUN. I will explain, but this THING is beyond our current abilities to defend against.”

Ulkas cursed bitterly and took flight, checking that his companion follows.

“It is a stage 8 monster. This, we could deal with. It is a powerful mage twice-amplified by ancient technology. This, we could survive using our artifacts. It is an insane Core of military facility that has turned its defenses inside out into its own armor, creating a hulking overly weaponized fortress. This, we could potentially crack with proper tactics and time. But it has also INTEGRATED SOULS of other invaders into itself. This ability? I can’t defend you from this, Astrosa. And have only a slim chance to protect myself. We could still fight, but I can’t risk everything for naught!”

“Liel, any markers nearby where we can safely lose it?”

Prepare to counter spells of Mad Core - or to utilize Illusions as diversions to distract it from following us. Fleeing by gaining altitude is preferable as it should have already analyzed Translocation magic used. Still, it remains a viable option - just need to make sure it leads where I want and suffers not interruptions, a smooth transition akin to what went in Sateris Aline transportation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 11:18:04 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 30, 2023, 07:11:08 am »

[Spear-User: Spear attack]
Spoiler: Detail (click to show/hide)
Attack Roll: 5=[6]-1
Defender Roll: 13=[11]+2
[Failed Attack]
[Open for Counterattack]

[[Just a thing, it didn't matter here, but it seems you didn't take Skee's [Mind over Matter] for this defense roll. Maybe you forgot, or maybe it was intentional ? Idk, but just thought i'd remind you. Sorry if I was mistaken !]]

As predicted, dispatching the spearmen was no challenge at all. Skee decided to simply let his host handle the last remaining spear-wielder while focusing his powers on the archers his pack was fighting with, using [Mind Crusher] to attack them and [Telekinesis] to attempt to make them fall down from the tree. Once the battle was over, he would collect the essence, check on his packmates, and pressed on, following the other packs' calls once again.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 30, 2023, 08:30:06 am »

I think I'm done with magical creatures for now
Peck the lizard with spikes
she/her

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 57
« Reply #1417 on: October 01, 2023, 11:07:31 am »

I decided to rephrase my skills so what they do is clearer
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:10:10 am by Wolfkey »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 01, 2023, 11:21:06 am »

The two sides continued defiantly looking at each others, until the pressured White Fang retreated.
"Etch my words into your chests. The next dawn shall be the last for those who resist me."

"He acts as if it won't be the end for us if we surrender either."
Two wolves, which means. The wraith is a part of the Lone Wolf's forces, most likely. She describes it to her new allies to ask about it.

"This gives more perspective on what goes on. The Lone Wolf shows signs of the same horns."

Kori sighs. "If he speaks the truth about the timing, does anyone have tips on applying healing magic? I attempted it myself, but could not manage to push it outside my body properly? I do not wish to be unable to help my allies given the danger we face." Niveris, as an elder, might have some knowledge to help.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 01, 2023, 12:37:02 pm »

[Failed Attack]
[Open for Counterattack]

[[Just a thing, it didn't matter here, but it seems you didn't take Skee's [Mind over Matter] for this defense roll. Maybe you forgot, or maybe it was intentional ? Idk, but just thought i'd remind you. Sorry if I was mistaken !]]

As predicted, dispatching the spearmen was no challenge at all. Skee decided to simply let his host handle the last remaining spear-wielder while focusing his powers on the archers his pack was fighting with, using [Mind Crusher] to attack them and [Telekinesis] to attempt to make them fall down from the tree. Once the battle was over, he would collect the essence, check on his packmates, and pressed on, following the other packs' calls once again.
[[Ah yes, I forgot! I will keep it in mind for the next battles.]]

The two sides continued defiantly looking at each others, until the pressured White Fang retreated.
"Etch my words into your chests. The next dawn shall be the last for those who resist me."

"He acts as if it won't be the end for us if we surrender either."
Two wolves, which means. The wraith is a part of the Lone Wolf's forces, most likely. She describes it to her new allies to ask about it.

"This gives more perspective on what goes on. The Lone Wolf shows signs of the same horns."

Kori sighs. "If he speaks the truth about the timing, does anyone have tips on applying healing magic? I attempted it myself, but could not manage to push it outside my body properly? I do not wish to be unable to help my allies given the danger we face." Niveris, as an elder, might have some knowledge to help.
Frostbite reacted to your description.
"That would be Yesar the Mist Wraith. You had a run in with it? Good thing you survived. It's one of the few undead who remember its name, or who cared enough to give itself a new one. It's a greedy and violent one. Aligned with the Broken Fang's and the White Fang's philosophy of absolute rule of the strong. But Yesad has no allegiance but itself. If the wind so much as show signs of turning, so will Yesar. It is reviled even among us undead."

After obtaining more information about your pursuer, you asked if someone had experience with healing magic. Niveris lightly chuckled when you first asked her.
"Oh... unfortunately helping others is not my forte. I was... always too selfish to be able to use healing magic. Hari might be able to help you. Hari, little Kori is trying to learn healing magic."

The Snow Spirit was dozing off, and had to be gently waked up by Niveris.
"Mhh yes I can teach you a bit. Well I will try... in the end it will truly come from you, magic of us spirit is driven by our inner desires first and foremost..."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 12:41:29 pm by Nakéen »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 01, 2023, 01:00:10 pm »

"That.. might be a bit difficult. No wonder I had so much trouble."

My magic only heals myself.

"Mana. How do I get it to flow properly into the spell. That was the basic reasoning behind it. Right now this ability only creates ice for me. I suppose if it's to work, would a stream be enough for others to take it in?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 03, 2023, 12:07:18 am »

Next update should drop in the next 5h! I was a bit busy this week-end and couldn't do forum games stuff.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 60
« Reply #1422 on: October 03, 2023, 06:00:57 am »

Update 60:

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
Talk with the griffin and discover what's going on in the mainland.

I'll hand down an ultimatum, the griffin must leave the island in two days.  Depending on what's going on Squacks might go with the griffin or might not.

I also might need to form a militia here, to help protect the place while I'm away.  With dozens of birds we can afford to have a few mutate with essence to protect the others, so..

Talk with the slimes and birds to pick out a militia.  No more than ten in total.  Talk with them and see if I can get them to think as a team for how they want to fight.. a healer or two, a buffer or two, a few attackers, a scout, etcetera.  It's not that important as I still plan on doing solo fights, but I'd like to have some creatures to defend this place while I'm gone.

You stopped the griffin from attacking the slimes, and then imposed onto him an ultimatum: to leave the island within two days.

Outcome: [2] -Failure-
The monster screamed at you with rage.
"Who do you take yourself for?! Damn you! I will not be returning there, not after the swarms have taken over the jungle!"

You could feel its true nature. If you left it unsupervised for a moment, or show weakness, this monster would kill and feed to grow, doing anything to survive and fight another day. It wouldn't settle for the meager game you hunted to cater to your basic needs.

(...)

Whatever you choose, you later attempted to have the slimes and birds assemble into a militia of sort.

Outcome: [3] -Partial Success-

You managed to have the slimes and birds agree to fight rather than flee if some intruder were to come, which considering the backgrounds of these monsters was a rather acceptable result. Each of them lived for themselves rather than something as nebulous as "the group". They hence had absolutely no sense of teamwork, especially with them coming from different species that usually would just avoid each others at best, and fight to kill at worst.

The Carrion Birds could cooperate together, but the slimes couldn't even coordinate among themselves. And any semblance of cooperation any would have, bird or slime, would shatter once one of them would get scared or hurt.

Current Location: Exile Island
Nearby creatures:
- The Bat-Griffin Gravely Wounded / Temporary Ally
[HP?-18 MP? STR4 CON? POW? RES0 INT? IND?]
[Some great winged beast the size of a griffin. Body of a panther, and wings of a bat]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
(Danger or not, we need to go there and do the Hero thing. Not just for Safara, but for those at the borders of Nepkeros as well. But I can't have you go there with just me to accompany you...)

Making himself audible to the four adventurers, Eximius sighed, finally revealing his presence. "It may be perilous, Squire, but it has to be done as soon as possible - lest our inaction pass down a 'death sentence' on those who can't do anything about this. If you're willing to risk your lives to assist, follow the Hero. My wielder will gladly welcome your help."

Heroic party ho?

Heroic Party Ho:
Moderate Hard 12: [20] -Critical Success-

"Who goes there?!"
The entire party recoiled at the sound of this sudden voice. Prias immediately attempted to calm them down, showing them the ring and explaining to them that you were an... enchanted weapon of sort containing the soul of an ancient warrior, making up some story that would hopefully reassure them.

"Do not panic. This voice comes from this enchanted ring, which holds the soul of my friend and martial teacher. My sincerest apologies for hiding his existence from you. Let me introduce you to Eximius Res, the Warrior Spirit of the Ring."

For a moment they seemed to doubt Prias, but after he told the story of your meeting and some of your adventures, they calmed down and accepted your existence especially after confirming you weren't an undead or a cursed item. They asked for a moment to talk among themselves.

"This really is the stuff of legends... a weapon spirit that isn't an undead..."
"A divine weapon perhaps? Some gift from the gods?"
"Guys enough with the chit-chat. We got to decide what to do. The spirit Eximius isn't wrong, time is of the essence."
"But that would be putting ourselves in grave danger. We have to keep this in mind."
"Alright. Majority vote it is. Everyone raise your right hand if you want to follow Prias into the deadland."

Shavrine counted to three, and all of them rose their hands, thus unanimously agreeing to it.
"Well then. Here is our answer. To be frank with you... we are mercenaries to the core, not noble heroes or something. But you... got something that's inspiring us, and making us think that maybe... maybe we will witness something fateful if we go with you."

"I would truly be honoured to have you with me. But you might lose your lives... are you sure of your decision?"

"No getting cold feet now! Don't underestimate us mercenaries, we know what we are getting into. We are ready to risk our lives, but don't think we will croak that easily."

"I understand. I apologize if I offended your pride. Once again, you have my gratitude."

The party exchanged a few embarassed laughs and quips, and moved out toward the ancient capital of Nepkeros: Satroya.

(...)

Luck: [3]
Sneak:
Easy 8: [1] -Critical Failure-

Prias and the adventurers thus started a journey to get closer to the source of the life and magic draining curse spreading from Nepkeros. Thanks to Prias knowledge of the deadland, they managed to progress for a decent time without encountering danger. That is until they came across a duo of Ashen Ogres.

Current Location: Nepkeros Eastern Deadland -- Deadland

Nearby Creatures:
Monsters [Enemies]
- Ashen Ogre#1
- Ashen Ogre#2

Adventurer Party [Allies]
- Werbald the Squire
- Malmey the Mage
- Caromash the Scout
- Shavrine the Ranger

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

The Swamp Slugipede - (Wolfkey)
Swamp Slugipede

Run away from the frog. If there are mangrove trees nearby, try to go through gaps in the roots of the trees that are big enough to slip & squish through, but too small for the frog to fit into.

Run and Hide
Easy 8: [5]
Outcome: [3] -Failure-

You darted away from the frog, which sensed the vibration in the mud coming from you. It leapt the distance and landed right between you and a potential escape route. Combat seems unavoidable now.

Current Location: Sobol Swamps
Nearby Creatures:
- Monstrous Frog

Spoiler: TODO Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
”I hail from dead lands, Crossed wall. met toc and gave hand, is all.
Found clothes on dead human, somewhat old. found strange image on them, with small story told.
have not attacked humans as far as I know. Even goblins know it only brings woe.
almost all fighting was in land before. only fight here was wolf while helping with chore.”

Reveal the depiction that I found before to the man, being honest and upstanding in my retelling.
Sidenote: the sheet you have been posting with my turns has the stats incorrectly distributed. I put my points into Int, not res.

GM note: Oh right, I seem to have switched INT and RES by accident, and fortunately your character sheet was correct. This should be corrected.

Honest Retelling
Very Easy 4: [18]
Outcome: [4] -Critical Success-

Breios listened to you very intently, without interrupting your retelling of your adventure until now. As if all hostility had vanished from the sword, he lowered it and sheathed it back into its scabbard.
"If you were lying... you are an incredible liar. I couldn't feel you lying. I will trust your words, Azarian."

The other humans behind him had an incredulous look on their faces, but accepted the man's decision nonetheless. He must have been their leader of sort.
"Once more, my name is Breios. My travelling companions are Yevlaine, Paimni, and Patreio. I will dare hope our meeting was the work of fate: would you lend us your assistance in leaving this forest without attracting monsters? We are trying to reach the nearby village of Line."

Current Location: Lineine Woods
Nearby Creatures:
- Toc the Teal Goblin and Friend
- Human Party Wary
> Shiny and long weapon holding human, named Breios
[15/15 12/12 STR1 CON0 POW1 RES1 INT1 IND2]
> Human with long hair holding some strange object, named Yevlaine
> Big human like a small ogre, holding nothing. Named Patreio.
> "Sleeping" on the back of the big one human, named Paimni Gravely Wounded

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
”Plan? We fucking RUN. I will explain, but this THING is beyond our current abilities to defend against.”

Ulkas cursed bitterly and took flight, checking that his companion follows.

“It is a stage 8 monster. This, we could deal with. It is a powerful mage twice-amplified by ancient technology. This, we could survive using our artifacts. It is an insane Core of military facility that has turned its defenses inside out into its own armor, creating a hulking overly weaponized fortress. This, we could potentially crack with proper tactics and time. But it has also INTEGRATED SOULS of other invaders into itself. This ability? I can’t defend you from this, Astrosa. And have only a slim chance to protect myself. We could still fight, but I can’t risk everything for naught!”

“Liel, any markers nearby where we can safely lose it?”

Prepare to counter spells of Mad Core - or to utilize Illusions as diversions to distract it from following us. Fleeing by gaining altitude is preferable as it should have already analyzed Translocation magic used. Still, it remains a viable option - just need to make sure it leads where I want and suffers not interruptions, a smooth transition akin to what went in Sateris Aline transportation.

Astrosa silently took off just as instructed to fly to your side, focusing everything on a bitter retreat.

"Scanning for spatial anchors... completed. Two nearby anchors: an unstable point, and a stable point... Watch out! The Core is displacing space-"

Rogue Core Casting: [Advanced] Ancient Translocation Magic
-4MP

The Rogue Core appeared right next to you, having used a translocation spell similar to yours but with a much higher degree of refinement. Its white-chrome legless body floated in the air, its four arms already starting to prepare an attack. You immediately invoked Illusions to confuse it, using your basic knowledge of Soul Tinkering to have these illusions show a fascimile of a soul echo.

Extreme Analysis activated.
Ulkas Casting: [Advanced] Innate Illusion Magic
-8MP
INT 7 vs INT 5
Ulkas Bonus: Crown of Command+Mind Field+Extreme Analysis (+12)
Core Bonus: True Eye (+6)
Ulkas (1d24): [14]+12=26
Core (1d20): [11]+6=17

The Core saw a legion of demons appearing in all directions. It understood that those were illusions, but they were near perfect, such that its perfect eye couldn't discern the true you among them. It stretched out its arms with a swift and precise movement.

"Mana conversion rate increasing. Advanced level spell incoming. Omnidirectional component. Category: Lifeforce Magic."

Current Location: -Dead Sea of Nepkeros (West from Nepkeros) -- Barren Lone Island --- Unknown Facility
Nearby creatures:
- Ersenas, Rogue Core
[HP 99/99 MP 95/99 STR 3+4 CON 2+3 POW 4+4 RES 2+3 INT 4+1 IND 2+2]
[A Control Core gone rogue after aeons of isolation. It has assimilated the security automatons of its own facility, forging for itself a bew body of ancient steel. It hovers above the ground, undisturbed by its lack of legs. It has four arms, a massive pair with impossibly flexible joints which end in massive clawed fists, and a smaller pair below with hands made of countless threads of metal that moves with precise dexterity. Only itself knows how long it has been perfecting its current form.]

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 03, 2023, 06:01:17 am »

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
[Failed Attack]
[Open for Counterattack]

Round 1:
Skee used Mind Crusher (-2MP)
[Skee and Shnapa: Mind Crusher and Banera Tail Slash]
Skee Attack Roll: 8=[7]+1
Defender Roll: 3=[3]
Shnapa Attack Roll: 5=[1]+4
Defender Roll: 5=[5]
[Successful Attacks]
(Skee) Damage (4d8): [12]
(Shnapa) Damage (1d8): [5]
Two enemies [Dead].

Abstracting the combat between the Pack and the Archers, to reduce combat to process...
Makralian Pack (STR d12): [7]
Makralian Pack (CON d12): [11]
Arachnastinian Archers (STR d10): [9]
Arachnastinian Archers (CON d12): [7]
Markalian damage roll (1d6): [6]

You blasted an Archer from afar while Shnapa neatly decapitated the Spear-user. Motivated by the sight of your host, the pack fought with renewed vigor and eliminated the remaining archers.

14 Lesser Essence collected

Your teammates are slightly wounded, further direct combat might become dangerous for them.

Makralian Pack Call: [4]
You heard several victorious calls coming from further ahead. From them, you understood that the Makralians had made a great advance, piercing through the enemy defences.

Current Location: Central Savarde Jungle -- Arachnastinian Territories --- Inner Arachnastinian Territories
Nearby Creatures:
[Immediate Surroundings]
-Shnapa's Pack [Friends!]
[HP10 MP10 STR 1 CON 1 POW 0 RES 0 INT -1 IND -1]
-> Knap-knap 6/10
-> Apa-nap 6/10
-> Kenep 6/10
-> Peshnep 6/10

-Arachnastinian Ambush Squad [Unaware of your presence]
[HP15 MP12 STR 0 CON 1 POW 0 RES 1 INT 0 IND -1]
-> Archer#1 -6/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence
-> Archer#2 0/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence
-> Archer#3 0/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence
-> Archer#4 0/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence
-> Spear#1 -1/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence
-> Spear#2 5/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence
-> Spear#3 -3/15 [Dead] 2 Lesser Essence

[Makralian Horde]
-The Horde Leader: Krauraka
-The 7 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders
-The 24 last contestants
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians

[Arachnastinian "Spiderfolk" Kingdom]
-Countless Arachnastinians

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Caar, the Large Raven - (Crystalizedmire)
I think I'm done with magical creatures for now
Peck the lizard with spikes

[Caar: Peck]
Attack Roll: 4=[2]+2
Defender Roll: 4=[4]
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [4]

[Spike Lizard: Tail Swipe]
Attack Roll: 7=[7]
Defender Roll: 11=[8]+3
[Failed Attack]

[Caar: Peck]
Attack Roll: 10=[6]+4
Defender Roll: 5=[5]
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [2]

[Spike Lizard: Tail Swipe]
Attack Roll: 9=[9]
Defender Roll: 8=[5]+3
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [7]

You pecked the spiked lizard unprovoked several times until a violent tail swipe swatted you from the sky. Both of you look fairly damaged now, and you definitely can't take another similar hit.

Current Location: Copper Desert (Southern Regions)
Nearby Creatures:
- Some lizard with spikes on its back and on its tail 4/10HP
- Some lone scarab with purplish carapace

Spoiler: Caar Status (click to show/hide)

Kori, the Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
"That.. might be a bit difficult. No wonder I had so much trouble."

My magic only heals myself.

"Mana. How do I get it to flow properly into the spell. That was the basic reasoning behind it. Right now this ability only creates ice for me. I suppose if it's to work, would a stream be enough for others to take it in?"

Hari the Spirit of Snow tried to guide you in your practice of healing magic.
"Uuh... in theory it should work. Let's try it on me first."

Innate Healing Magic Spell Training [Cure]: [6,2]
As a being closely aligned with mana, you could visualize transfering a thin stream of mana into the body of another creature. Now to heal them, by instructing this mana to become theirs and turn into their life force. You couldn't manage it, at least not completely. Only by supplementing some of your own life into the mix could you achieve this process. And finally although imperfect, you managed to create a Cure spell.

New spell developped: [Cure]
Cure [Basic: 2MP for 1HP / base cost of 1HP]

"Oh! That is it. The very first principle. The spell is unrefined still, but with training and practice you should manage to achieve it... Congratulations. Niveris couldn't even produce something of the sort even if she tried."

Current Location: Iron Ridge - The Frozen Summits -- Frost Tree Woods
Nearby Creatures:
-Allies of Suro
> Niveris, Spirit of Frozen River
> Hari the Snow Spirit
> Scar and Frostbite the Husks
> Eyeless and Half-Maw the Undead Wolves
> Crooked, Gut-Hole, Coldfur, and Rotscale the Undead Beasts.
> Hooves the Undead Centaur Beast
> Four Wings the Undead Winged Beast
> F'nelshee the Wraith
> Folphyr the Spirit of Northern Wind
> Hari the Spirit of Snow
> Karorai the Mountain Spirit.

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 03, 2023, 09:05:33 am »

"The bird who saved your life, and who would have helped you fight those dangerous insects.  Fight and win."

Argue more with the creature, to make sure the birds and slimes know its nature.  Then kill it.

Let its essence turn as many of the militia creatures up to stage one as possible.  Volunteers.

"This is what happens when you take too much of the golden stuff.  It turns you into a crazy monster that can't stop killing for two days, even to fake being cooperative.  It just makes you want to kill forever, until someone kills you.

Some of you need to be stronger to help protect this place, but I won't make anyone take the essence who doesn't want to."

After that, find Scra, and see if she's willing to make an attack on the mainland with me.  Following that, spend a couple days healing, and practicing my spellcasting before going.  I want to know if I can cast Spell Resistance on another, and am wondering if recovering from all these dangerous wounds will make me tougher.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 99