Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 76207 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

English is weird :P

And sure. You can get to use the hospital once the doctors have gotten some skill on operating on street urchin first, sound alright?

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

The library, in comparison, is much better. Maybe smooth like 6 floor tiles to bring out the ...closer wing of the bird, but it works as silhouette already.

...closer wing of the bird

bird

I feel like my turn officially has amounted to nothing. I even called it "The Lonely Friend"! I forgot to note that! I called it "The Lonely Friend"!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was it a mimikyu? I thought it was just a random shape at first, then I was like "Hey, the top point kind of looks like a pikachu ear, but the rest of it looks like a cloud sort of", then I figured it must be a mimikyu because someone is enamored with them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was it a mimikyu? I thought it was just a random shape at first, then I was like "Hey, the top point kind of looks like a pikachu ear, but the rest of it looks like a cloud sort of", then I figured it must be a mimikyu because someone is enamored with them.

Thank you.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:24:58 pm by Nopal »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never seen a Mimikyu, to be fair. My experience with pokemon has been mostly limited to 1 online game and watching it in foreign language on tv as preschooler.

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have the know-how, and a bag full of scalpels, steel corkscrews, rubber bands, and yak hoof glue, but I absolutely refuse to perform the necessary surgeries out in the middle of NATURE. It's just not natural!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile

Please dwarf me as a glassmaker, if we need one.  Otherwise, an armoursmith.  Prefer a dwarf with high introspection, if possible.  If Coil Magnemite(or evolutions) are available, I request the company of one or two Coil Magnemite.

Edit 2:  Fffff-  I forgot to mention to use the name "Azalea"!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:39:09 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Nopal

<Deleted>
sorry
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:43:29 pm by Nopal »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

How much trees did you cut to anger human elf diplomat, Cole?

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Loving my shiny bald head. Loving it.

I didn't cut down that many! I made Nopal a woodcutter for like, a month then was done with cutting down trees! I didn't even know humans could be like elves! What's wrong with this world; the humans are elves and kings and barons get appointed to tiny outposts!

Also, damn it, Skeletal.

Nopal's broken English and rage makes me smile.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:16:33 pm by RedMageCole »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

You didn't know that humans could adopt elven ethics, really? I have seen a dwarf fortress where most of the inhabitants where dwarfized goblins and elves, so I am not at all surprised.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Any elf that isn't a part of an elven civilization instantly becomes the most badass fighter on the planet. No exceptions.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

xSkeletalx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the journal of xSkeletalx Matkeskal, Goldsilver's medical "expert"

GRANITE 1

Well, that poor fucker Bembul's been lying in the dirt since before the new year, but I still don't have a functional hospital room. Ironically, I'm told my soon-to-be-patient is experienced in working with stone. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to tell him I can't fix him until a hospital gets carved out; his leg's broken, sure, but maybe he'd get up and build the medical facilities for me! That'd be a win-win, really.

GRANITE 18

Bembul must have really pissed off both Cole and Nopal, otherwise why would both Overseers wait so long to build my hospital and let a dwarf suffer like that? Bembul seemed like a nice guy to me, that one time we shared a meal of plump helmet together. I hope I get a chance to fix him soon.

GRANITE 19

Bembul decided he was tired of waiting and tried to set his own leg this morning. Needless to say it didn't go well. When I saw what he was doing I walked over and told him as his primary care physician I really didn't recommend he attempt such a procedure on his own.

"Your mother was a blind cave ogre" came the venomous response, moments before he twisted his leg into a completely different form and promptly passed out.

Well, now I see why nobody cares enough to let me fix him, I was only trying to help.

GRANITE 26

Overseer Nopal woke me up to inform me that my hospital was built, furnished, and ready for my first patient to receive the necessary care.

"Is Bembul the one in need of medical attention?" I asked.

The Overseer looked at me like I had no beard.

"....yes, his leg is still broken."

"Ah; well, I'll need some more time to meditate on the diagnosis and care required." I replied, as I rolled over and returned to my nap.

GRANITE 27

I was having a wonderful drink of rum today and Overseer Nopal mentioned that Bembul had been moved to the hospital and was ready for his operation.

I grabbed a bit of charcoal from my bag and wrote out a prescription for him to pass over to Bembul the next time he happened to be near the hospital. Told him it would fix everything right up, in my expert medical opinion.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh.

Neat.

Does the modded world actually have headbands?

Sucks to be Bembul, I guess.

RE:Caravan

And ooh, human elves. Sadly, no matter how much they wish they can't grow lifespan.

RE:Wood/Hospital

What is that red wood, btw?

Containers, stockpiles...Dwarves don't care how the items are stored, merely taking the closest.

RE: Skeletal interlude

Often, I find doctors can treat most injuries even on a zone in the ground with nothing built. They can't use a traction bench or stuff, and they'll prefer to carry a dwarf to a bed farther away, but ain't nobody got the time for that always.

Heh. Earlier, Bembul was grateful to be rescued, tho. Quite the change. Though that is to be given when you're not a real doctor doing real doctoring and instead tell others to not heal themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43