Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 76393 times)

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey whats wrong with you im pretty sure you wouldnt like to be put in a cage and shot at all day....he....or she might have a family....of geodudes or something i dunno

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

As of now, anything that isn't dwarven or tame is an ENEMY! And do you know how enemies are treated around these parts? WITH DEATH! On a side note, I'm going to be weaponizing The Pond my turn, and I've seen a few adamantium bars laying around, but where's the spire? I'm not going to do anything with it, I'm just asking for a friend. Said friend would also like to know the locations of any potential pockets of resistance, weapons staches, enemy propaganda, good locations for Gulags, hopes and dreams, gnomes, and anyone whose name starts with L and has a birthday of the thirteenth of Felsite.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, dammit. I've been inactive on this forum for some time, so I missed my turn announcement. Though I was already planning to forfeit my turn; I've learned from previous experience that I'm not all that cut out for succession forts anyway. Maybe later. Back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans!
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nopal

(LATE) Congrats on becoming baroness of Goldsilver, Paddy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh. And I might have a suggestion. If we can somehow catch a Steelix, it might be wise to pen it behind a fortification or two as target practice for any new Marksdwarf squads. If we use wooden bolts, we might not be able to pierce it's sides, but experience will be gained all the same.
That's a kick-ass idea tbh. But probably Beirus will claim the Steelix before we can do anything.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks a bunch Nopal! I'm very proud, and the artwork's a joy as always.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, our 'high and mighty mayor' MCreeper has given me the go ahead to kill the elves that have just come to trade with us. We're already on the bad decision train, why not ride it to the next stop, you know? I fear that the piloswine pack animals might cause a problem, and all the untrained peasants walking past the future battle site on their hauling duties might end up dead. Eh, if they survive I'll elevate them to the military. I'm hoping we won't have to anything as messy as this again, next time the elven merchants come we will have proper defenses.

Two marksdwarves happened to already be in the area, and opened fired. One elf gets pegged in the chest with a bolt, he'll bleed to death in no time. Other fighters get to the scene, including the 'mayor'. Nopal bites a piloswine so hard that his teeth sink through the muscle to tear apart a kidney, which was actually pretty brutal to watch. He then caves in the skulls of a few elves, before biting an elf so hard that she literally fucking tore his heart apart through his chest and his ribs. It looked like he latched on firmly and was about tear the elves heart out and eat it, but the explosion of blood in his mouth was a bit too much for him.

The 'mayor' kept slashing at feet and hands, probably because he was too preoccupied with thinking about all the 'mayor' things he's going to do later. At this point a lot of other fighters were down in the main hallway, but for the most part they were bashing the elves without doing much more than bruising them. These guys will have to be drilled harder.

As the fighters barreled out of the entrance to try to catch up to the running elves a stone worker is pushed out of the way. With by far the worst luck in imaginable he managed to fall in such a way that he broke his legs, his ribs, and got one of his broken ribs jammed through his right lung. I'm not paying him worker's compensation, he probably fell purposefully so that I would, but I'm not. Nopal punches another elf so hard that his skull is instantly shattered, sending large bits of bone tearing through his brain and out the other side into the air. I am REALLY going to have to get some guys clean this up.

The final elf almost got away, but Nopal punched him in the lower leg as he was running. Doing so caused the leg to fly out sideways, utterly destroying the knee it was attached to. Needless to say, the elf went down. He lay on the ground with what was left of his leg flailing wildly in directions that a leg shouldn't travel. He rolled on his back, and began frantically crying out ludicrous phrases like "have some compassion", "we only wanted to trade", "please, let me go" and my personal favorite "I have kids I need to raise at home". Ha, as if elves aren't just thrown into the woods when they are born. Left to eat grass, fondle trees, and yell at other civilized people for their lack of tree fondling. It's in their instincts, in their blood, in their very souls. They're like a semi-wild animal, you can have them be around you and they'll try to act like they're behaving, but you will never get them to stop scratching their flees with their feet or breed their feral nature out of them. If you really think about it, we're doing them a favor, no creature should have to exist in such perpetual torment as they do.

It seems that Nopal felt the same way as I did. He stomped up to the grounded elf, and without even a momentary blink or twinge in his face he raised his foot and crushed the elf's head into a bloody pulp with a single stomp. Blood, brain matter, and skull bits splattered onto his face, still unchanging, unblinking. He brought his foot up again, still dripping with fresh blood, and again drove it home into the red and gray puddle that used to be the source of the elvish insanity. Again and again did he do this, and somewhere along the way he let loose a horrid mix of a shout of rage and a feral snarl, and held it, sending a chill through the bones of those who could hear it. It looked like he was about to start foaming at the mouth, before he stopped and gave the now finely minced corpse a final kick to the rib cage that sent it flying. It hit a nearby tree, and what recognizable parts that were left of it almost disintegrated in the ensuing cloud of viscera.

...Welp, the elf infestation has been dealt with, time to dump their useless crap and start doling out the animals they brought with them.

Time to start working on the moat as well, expanding the range of the blood thirsty spirit of The Pond is exactly what we need to ensure death to our enemies. As of now, all fisherdwarves and fishery workers, except one, are now miners. We have like 7 still active fish related dwarves while we have more food than anyone could ever possibly need, so their hands will now be put somewhere currently more useful. The dirt, because they're going to be digging it out for the moat. Ha, ha... GET TO WORK!
---
I obviously took a little creative license in the making of this, but Nopal, dude, you're fucking brutal.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OH GOD MOTTLED PETREL

KEEP IT PG-13

Nopal

Wowie!... I... I'm inner-blushing.
I just starred a whole R-rated update! Thank you MottledPetrel.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Might be nice to have bridges that launch our enemies into their watery doom too, specially at the choke points. That way, there really is NO ESCAPE.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #534 on: February 01, 2018, 07:58:22 pm »

I'm getting mixed responses to the more, graphic, update. I understand that this is more of a 'let's catch 'em all and have fun' fort, but this is still dwarf fortress, and I demand more skulls for the skull throne. How about this, next time there's violence I'll sum it up and then put all the grisly details in a spoiler. Does that work for everyone? I'm also open to the idea of bridge-fuckery with the moat. I was considering lining the bottom of the moat with bridges that fling water out as a tidal wave onto the enemies lining the shores, but I'm not entirely sure if that will work... Anyone got any ideas for moat related death traps? Because as we know, The Pond is the most competent fighter in this entire fort.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #535 on: February 01, 2018, 08:54:46 pm »

I was basically joking, I wasn't especially bothered but just a little surprised. It was a pretty great update.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2018, 06:28:07 pm »

Mistakes were made.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2018, 09:26:01 pm »

It's that time again folks, time for me to fuck up every part of what was a pretty functioning fort in my quest to defend it. Cast your votes, who's going to die first.
---
Entry 4: Where Mottled Petrel covers the fort in a tidal wave of blood and floods everything else.
---

After the killing of the elves the 'mayor' decided that it would be a good idea for more maces to be made. I 'might' get around to doing it. It also turns out that that stoneworker who got his ribcage and legs destroyed didn't make it... one less potential warrior.

Wat?...
Uh...
     I guess we have a new king now? No reason has been supplied as to why the king has been replaced, or why this guy is now the new king, but everyone seems to be okay with it, so... I guess I'll move the room designations around.
     It seems that the new king already owns the throne room... On another note, the corpse pit has been dug, it's been a logistical nightmare pointing out every individual tooth and toe nail for dumping.

It seems that I was a bit over zealous with my moat digging, I'll patch this up as soon as possible, can't have any potential breaches in security.

Alright, why did everyone decide to channel out all of the surrounding ponds to spill directly into the fort. "THOTHIIIIL! DID YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS?".

At least people are liking the king size shower they're getting as they walk up the stairs. I can tell that no one here was washed in years, because there is a literal pile of filth and blood that is growing at the foot of the main staircase where the water is now collecting.

Maximum Spin decided it was a good idea to connect the moat to the river early, and is now floundering at the bottom of the now filling moat.

God, how much blood was plastered all over these people, I'm starting to think that accidentally flooding the fort was a good idea.

All right, this is getting out of hand. I'm ordering a few reservoirs dug to try to sap up some of the extra water so that we can try to get this going a little bit smoother. I'm not going to connect it until to the moat until it is completely dug out.

OH GOD DAMMIT!

Oh boy, migrants, everyone pick up a pick and get into the moat. Please, take a minute to luxuriate in our patented full body shower/spa with natural rejuvenating oils and red shampoo.

Novice swimmer, good, hopefully that'll do you good. Ironically, almost all of the migrants claimed to be novice swimmers. I might start a professional swimming team if any of these new guys actually survive. Actually, all of them (20 or so) were novice swimmers, very convenient, and a little concerning.

I have no idea what is going on anymore, somewhere along the line a tree got dropped on one of the miners in the trenches. It hit him a glancing blow in the leg, and caused him to throw up. I'm not a doctor, but I generally know where the innards are. I don't think the stomach is located in the leg. I should really get out of these waterlogged trenches and get some sleep. Some sleep in the dirty waterlogged fort.

We really need to get this moat under control, if any enemies come now we're all fucked.

This reservoir is already the worst hack job I've ever done in regards to anything, I might as well make it massive to over compensate for this.

Just what we needed, a giant feathered snake appearing in the one cavern layer with NO DEFENSES! I'm not even going to hope that the snake wanders away from the nonexistent door, it was spotted appearing right next to it, so I'm just going to send the army down there. Have fun guys.

As I expected, the snake is making a b-line to the entrance, I'm ordering some coffins made in response. An unfortunate shearer is the first one to be caught in the line of carnage, luckily, this shearer was farther down the staircase. The viper takes joy in sticking the shearer with its horn like a pincushion. A swampert also arrives at the scene, and manages to fracture the snake's upper spine. He dies shortly after.

A gengar is next, and succesfully hits the viper with confuse ray. The viper is unamused, and proceeds to tear the fuck out of the gengar. As this happens they somehow manage to fight their way back up the stairs and back into the entrance area to the caverns.

Uhh, smoke is now coming off of the forgotten beast. It is either on fire, or is literally seething with rage. Before I can even have the time to wonder about what the hell was happening the 'mayor' gets there, it appears he was finally able to tear his attention away from his ever important 'mayor' duties to actually respond to a fort threat for once. But the 'mayor' refused to actually use his weapon, instead opting to punch the snake, doing little more than bruising the scale while another fighter desperately tried to poke for his life with his copper spear. Damn, I need to make these guys some better weapons.

Finally, after a lot of prancing around the battle field, the 'mayor' feels like he should actually do something other than just being dirty and old and slits the snake's throat in one clean slash. Sending a fire hose of livid blood spraying out into the hallway. Unfortunately, a snake can still bite with its head cut off, and this snakes head was still attached so it bit even more. After feeling that he had contributed enough to the battle, the 'mayor' went back to dicking around with the snake by slapping its tongue with the flat of his sword a few times, doing literally no damage. The speardwarf continued to frantically stab at the giant coiling beast in front of him, still spraying blood. A macedwarf had also arrived on the scene, but could do little more than bruise such a large and fleshy target. Nopal arrived at the scene as well, and decided to jump and land his death loving foot squarely in the right eye of the snake. The snake still seemed unamused, despite having most of its already simple body mostly destroyed.

One of the newer recruits decided it was a good idea to JUMP INSIDE THE SNAKES MOUTH AND BITE ITS TONGUE!. The snake was much, much, much larger than he was, and could easily have swallowed him whole. This action also revealed that the snake's tongue was covered in scales for some reason. I'm not going to question evolution, but why the actual fuck was his tongue covered in scales. Another speardwarf, a certain Thob Vutoksarek, decided that he didn't want to see his fellow fighter be swallowed whole and slew the beast with a spear thrust to the brain...

I'm having some doors installed in that entry way, I don't want anymore giant, feathered, one horned seviper wandering in.

In other news, I managed to finally get people to board up the leak and things are now starting to dry out. The initial covering of blood the fort initially received is now exponentially worse. The blood is more widespread and on average 6 layers deep, with some areas reaching up to 10. Not only that, but the blood is unimaginably diverse in origin, I'm having people point out the blood of creatures I didn't even know had visited the fort. I still have yet to even connect the moat to the river, so there's still plenty of room for more flooding. I guess I've got that to look forward to, and it's only the 23rd of Slate.
---
In my haste I seem to have flooded a good portion of the fort and coated it in several layers of blood, on the bright side it seems that the fort loved it and many people are a lot less stressed than they were. Even more so, I managed to clean all of the blood off of the people that were soaked in it. It's good that they're squeaky clean for a little while before they are inevitably turn back to being almost blood men. I don't care how many people die in the construction of this moat, I'm committed, it's going to be built even if the only thing still alive in this fort when I'm done are water types.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2018, 10:30:08 pm »

How do I still manage to miss all the fights? Also, have I gotten to swordmaster yet?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2018, 10:39:44 pm »

It's been a really weird phenomenon, all of the fights so far have been fought in such a way that the enemy gets pushed away from the incoming troops. Leading only the first responders to actually get to fight. I'll look to see how you're doing tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43