Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 47358 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501
« Reply #405 on: February 21, 2018, 04:50:26 am »

Well Nature is like the best magic path for all that, so all the more power to you.

Looking forward to having a look at the turn, once I can.

Was that the first battle you lost btw?
I've lost several raiding squads but this is 3rd battle of this war that has resulted in me losing more troops then I gain in a turn. First was when I initially encountered ulm fielding the necromancers, it ended up halting my blitz. The second was when I had engaged an army ulm was sending in an attempt to retake their capital, I also lost one of my nature mages in that fight but the followup with sacreds finished it off. Now this turn. I guess I'm just approaching this cautiously, finding out what I can learn.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:53:06 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 22, 2018, 05:31:07 am »

With this many globals, just holding your position will provide plenty of benefit every turn. Are you fighting anyone besides Ulm? With Tien falling soon (the scout attacks are a sure sign of that), serveral nations have new options.

Also, sorry about the vengeful water, just stay dry and don't linger on my borders or something, it mainly eats scouts anyways.

Also just my luck to have a waste-mountain (Many more magic sites and more magic sites) ... with only one magic site.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 22, 2018, 05:38:36 am »

Just storm my capital already, i'm pretty sure you was able to do so in previous turn. There are grand total of 9 units with no commanders in it.
50 water gems, nowhere to spend them. I'm pretty sure that when/if i will get to the point where i can, there will be none.
Indeed, there wasn't. When Hinnom sieged my capital for the first time, i gived them all to Therodos. Who would thought that i will win. ::)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:51:31 am by MCreeper »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 22, 2018, 08:03:01 am »

With this many globals, just holding your position will provide plenty of benefit every turn. Are you fighting anyone besides Ulm? With Tien falling soon (the scout attacks are a sure sign of that), serveral nations have new options.
Before and even now, I only border Atlantis, Ulm and Yomi. I explained the situation regarding yomi and why I was confident I wouldn't get attacked. Ulm has decent water capability and is a pretty good player, so I figured I would learn more by fighting them then yomi, also it would round out my borders better.

I feel a bit bad about regarding both Ur and Ulm by posting this because in a way is a death sentence. There is a reason why I don't really care too much about losing 300 specters.
Spoiler: Army graph (click to show/hide)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2018, 09:11:04 am »

Information is power.

Ur is nice, I won't squish it.

Do you have more gem income then me?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 22, 2018, 09:51:04 am »

I don't know for certain, I only have mundane score graphs. Considering you have about 3 times the territory I do, we are probably roughly even on gem income.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 22, 2018, 11:48:28 am »

Hahahaha I've been wondering about the army power of each nation, that's good to know! I have faith in my smaller army... it's almost definitely misplaced and overconfident, but I have it!

(basically that just means I think I can be slightly more than just a speed bump for one of the top 3 on that graph, though)

Edit:
Also, sorry about the vengeful water, just stay dry and don't linger on my borders or something, it mainly eats scouts anyways.
Welp. Turns out when you've got 4 forts on the water, this hits more than scouts. Time for a mass mage migration I guess.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:48:56 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 22, 2018, 05:05:04 pm »

It does tend to chew up just about any commander, more so in the cold because the ice elemental is a size 6 trampler. I guess now that I have the forge, I will probably mass produce water bottles in an attempt to protect the more valuable commanders I have. I may also have to abandon the crab farm.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2018, 11:31:17 am »

The ice elemental is size 6 underwater. Size varies by terrain type and whether the province is tagged fresh water; little elementals (size 3 at the smallest IIRC, when not simply unavailable) are not nearly so impressive.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2018, 02:58:44 pm »

Water Provinces are a Myth, so I have had no issues with it so far.

Also glad to know that my army is doing ok, even if half of it are the basic oni that are glorified chaff.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 24, 2018, 08:18:59 pm »

The ice elemental is size 6 underwater. Size varies by terrain type and whether the province is tagged fresh water; little elementals (size 3 at the smallest IIRC, when not simply unavailable) are not nearly so impressive.
Ok, your right, last turn both the scouts that got attacked was by a size 2 water elemental.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 25, 2018, 02:31:19 am »

I worked out all the terrain and numbers way back in 401, but obviously have forgotten some. I wanna say... UW is the most @6, coast is @5, swamp is @4, fresh water other stuff is @3, no fresh water other stuff is @2, waste is nothing? Maybe? It's something like that.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 25, 2018, 06:23:12 am »

Caves are the same as swamp, size 4 ice elementals hit my crab farmers.

Also, flaming weapons does not work with spectral weapons, I guess weapons need the flamable tag for it to work. Regardless, that battle is a bit interesting, my side ran away, all of ulm died, so I guess I keep the throne. Its a real shame those 6 skull staves and the gear on my melia(who refused to cast resist poison despite scripted to do so) all got lost.

Ok, 5 enemy archers survived running away.

On another note, hp stacks wierdly:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:41:18 am by etgfrog »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 25, 2018, 02:07:42 pm »

MA Agartha + GoH is loads of laughs even before you consider prophetized or fat/tough constructs. Juggernauts are 800hp in 10 candles, though that's not as terrifying now that they can't regenerate...

(Expensive giggles: Wish for, Name, and prophetize a Colossal Fetish. Full slots and 960hp in 10 candles. In Dom4 SP at one point I did that and did near-perfect at Hall of Faming with Toughness; the resulting abomination was tipping the scales at 1200 or so.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:12:47 pm by E. Albright »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 25, 2018, 07:30:55 pm »

I meant weirdly as in the +8 hp from a coral blade gets added before the dominion and gift of health multipliers.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35