Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57070 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2017, 07:34:56 pm »

"Guess it will be nice to have some entertainment. Just keep the pranks to a minimum."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2017, 08:15:53 pm »

"Killjoy. Let the Jester do what he is the best at."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2017, 08:04:20 am »

Look around to see what everyone else is doing.  If they're attacking the big creature, join in and attack it.  If they're running away from it or moving away from it, follow them.  If they're faffing about, set the big creature on fire.  Then happily proceed past it, down the stairs, burning it as I go.  (Don't forget about the fighting big creatures specialty.)
Let's see, Valen is slowly approaching in his wheeled cart, the wheels doing the same thunk thunk as they drop down stairs. Not really faffing. more cautious inspection
Rex is flying his cart pretty much right at you, while Kongor and Gak remain behind, their carts flight ready. It's about fifty fifty on 'faffing' vs action right now.
So, where are you going to aim your fire? Aiming at the end of the hundred foot tentacles, where the rubble is being dragged inward? Aiming at the middle of one of the giant tentacles, several hundred yards directly ahead? gonna charge in and find out if this thing has an actual body and fire at that? Or are you going to start at one end and just try to burn everything?

Slowly move down to check out the crashing noise
Your cart clunks down the wide stairs, rattling your teeth as each wheel hits the stair below. Your making a lot of noise, but not nearly as much as that giant pile of rubble being dragged across the concourse several hundred yards down. Dragged, I might add, by tentacles the size of rivers.

Help Fredderick with his cart and investigate the tentacle creature. Does it look sentient?
SO you fly down toward Freddie. Right now, he seems in control of his cart. He looks back at you, and at the others then ahead at the tentacles with an eager expression and a snort of his nostrils. You look at the tentacles (1) but your thoughts go mostly to Gak's theme park, which he begins detailing in rather absurd detail.

Attempt to determine how much a threat the tentacle thing could be, and observe it's movements
You determine that, holy shit! that thing could eat the whole party by accident. It seems slow, from this far off, but slow is relative, and the tentacles are HUGE.
You noticea central pod, around which the tentacles move. the pod seems mostly stationary, but it is evident that it has moved over time - away from the giant hole in teh planet, across the councourses. That is, sideways in relation to your destination.
"Hey guys? ... maybe we could ... go around?"

"Giant tentacles already? Just like some of the racier theme parks I've been to."

Does our path lie behind the tentacle creature? If so, let's start figuring a way around the bugger. Flying over it, mayhaps? Or just wait for it to go away if the rest of the group seems inclined to do that.
Well, your path lies behind the tentacle monster, yes. But only in general. You could easily travel along the concourse you are on for oh, say five hundred yards and be potentially out of reach of the thing before heading down again. Flying should be easy enough - there's plenty of air, and unless the thing likes to jump, or has wings you don't know about, or it's arms stretch like rubber, going over would be a relatively simple affair. Less practically, you could turn around, and head down a flight of stairs into darkness behind you, then try to make your way around underneath the thing. If you waited for the thing to go away, it might take a few weeks, depending on how much it eats, or what other hobbies it might have. You wonder if it might invite some fiends for a themed "role play" session. A session you begin describing in detail to Rex, and anyone else who would listen.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2017, 08:57:10 am »

Rex struggles to understand the nature of Valen. He somewhat looks like a monster, but also reminds him of nobility. It's in the way he acts that he feels there's more than meets the eye. Is he a Knight? An Acolyte? A Paladin? A Priest? Bishop? Prince? Swordman? Squire? There was something definitely special that made him different from other "hu-man".
"Excuse me, are you of noble lineage or ancestry?"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2017, 10:55:45 am »

"Huh? Whos that question to? Sorry, distracted by this giant...thing."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2017, 10:59:12 am »

"It was directed towards you. Is your family part of the royality of your world? There is something... odd in you. You are not like those peasants."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2017, 11:03:21 am »

"Yeah, family was of some nobility, in good standings with the clergy....doubt they'd accept me as I am now though."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2017, 11:20:01 am »

"I see... Was it jealousy? Greed? Envy? A family member or another noble? Was it for honor? Or money? An assasination attemp? A successful murder? An inheritance? A duel?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2017, 11:45:44 am »

Continue down the path closer to the tentacle beast.

The location to aim for is the middle of the tentacle blocking the path, and then whatever lies behind it upon passing.  If the path forwards is clear, don't worry about it, and head downwards.  If it looks blocked or mostly blocked by the tentacle, fire.  The goal is to make it pull back the tentacle in shock, clearing the path.  Sending fire down the hole while passing is intended to keep the path clear while Freddie would walk past where it's been.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:28:22 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2017, 11:51:23 am »

"Oh gods, don't do that yet! Stop! Hold! No!"
Try to stop Freddy from harming the tentacle creatures using treats. Try to fly around the beast, avoiding it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:02:56 pm by randomgenericusername »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2017, 11:56:14 am »

Try to time the movements of the creature so that maybe, when the tentacle isn't blocking the path forward, we'll be able to readily pilot our carts through without running too much of a risk of getting hit

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2017, 12:21:14 pm »

"Heir, do you know how to control the Dragon? I think he's about to fire at the tentacled creature!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2017, 01:49:56 pm »

"Inheritance and a duel, selfishness really. They didn't like it when I kinda missed and damage the family sword on some rocks...or when I hit and broke the family heir."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2017, 01:59:32 pm »

"Oh, did you kill him on accident, Heir?
I'm going to call you Heir from now on because of your noble blood. Are you fine with that? It's easier for me to remember titles since I have trouble remembering names."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2017, 06:28:38 pm »

"I guess if you want."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 45