Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Killing you with Kindness  (Read 57215 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: End of an Era
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2017, 12:24:51 pm »

((Sure. Action edited.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2017, 08:12:58 am »

(5) The sound of rubble being dragged about settles significantly. You all hear a few chunks falling into the darkness, clanging off of unseen things and clattering into piles on whatever flat surface they find.

Also, look at the bottom of the post after you read your own turn, so you know where everyone is and what's going on.

"The Jester reached the other side unscratched, Heir. I think the creature is pacific and that it's safe to go around it."
Distract Freddy with another treat to make sure he doesn't attack the tentacle monster and to give me time to change his cart into fly mode. Try flying around the tentacled beast.
(3) well, Freddie does like treats ... (5) you leap across to Freddie's cart, pull a few levers and push a few buttons, and the thing's wings deploy in a smooth, flowing motion.
Freddie snaps at your tentacles as you leap back across. (1) Fortunately for you, he misses. You leap your cart into the air above the gap.

Look at the path.  Can I flutter-jump the gap dragging this cart behind me?  With a running start?  If I think so, do it.  Also do it if the others cross.  If the tentacle comes out, set it on fire.
Well, the octopus does something to your cart and you hear the semi-familiar sound of the cart changing to flight mode, so issue resolved. You hear the command to fly, and obey. You leap into the gap after the octopus and fly across.

"The Jester reached the other side unscratched, Heir. I think the creature is pacific and that it's safe to go around it."
Distract Freddy with another treat to make sure he doesn't attack the tentacle monster. Try flying around it.
Gak's voice echoes from across the gap.

"You could say it's positively oceanic!"

Badum-tiss. Wait for the others to get over to where I am. Shout semi-helpful advice in the meantime.

Joke Count: 1
"Pull the thing! and the other thing! On the left! The other left!" You aren't sure if it's helping or not, but the glares aimed your way are refreshing.

((Spazy's been busy with school))
move down and watch where the tentacles are going and anyways around it, the hole, and the rubble
alright, you switch to flight mode and join the others in the sky.

Hover around in circles while waiting for everyone else to cross, meanwhile command Freddy to "fly around/over the monstrosity already!!"
The dragon looks up at you with a glimmer in it's eye and flies! How fun. he kinda zigzags towardthe giant tentacle thing a bit, but turns back twoard the convoy as it becomes evident that you are departing this place.

Alright, you are all successfully airborne, and have escaped the Horrible Giant Creature That Eats Buildings. Well done. you kinda gather around in a holding pattern and shout back and forth for a minute or two before turning your carts toward the Giant Pillar of Being Really Frikken Big (And Also Probably Where The Heart of Lathal Is).

You fly for hours. After the first couple hours, the Concourses below, having fallen lower and lower, finally stop altogether. Looking down, you can see concourses mirrored on the underside, as if someone took an identical really big stadium, flipped it upside down, and glued the two together. You do see a number of great bridges across the gap between them and the Pillar, which by now is starting to look more like a Wall. It fills half the forward view. Looking back, you can see the ragged hole in the outside wall - a tear through about two thirds of the top set of concourses, with a massive pile of rubble spread out at the bottom of the tear, spilling onto the very lowest concourses. You can't even see the monster you just escaped, though you spot several large floating things waaaaaay back there. from here, they look like squat balloons with strings dangling from them.

Ahead, the indicators of where your target is begin to angle downward, and still forward.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2017, 11:03:00 am »

Move forwards to see what the floating things are.
((The flying mode would have helped so much on the first misson))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2017, 11:52:56 am »

follow the indicator...and keep a lookout for any hostiles...and an eye on Freddy, just in case he tries to do something potentially extremely dangerous

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2017, 12:21:31 pm »

Follow Vladen and examine the floating creatures. Enjoy the Jester's (Gak) puns.
"Heir, have you seen these flying creatures before? Or the tentacle monster?"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:48:05 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »

"No, most flying things I've seen have been birds."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2017, 03:22:05 pm »

Follow the others around.  How am I feeling?  Does the big pillar in the distance look interesting?  How far away is it, really?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2017, 06:20:04 pm »

Cruising along! Stay chill. Make puns if the opportunity arises.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2017, 09:01:26 am »

soooooooo.

The floating things are "waaaaaaaaay BACK there .... back from whence you came. You know .... OUTSIDE. The opposite direction from your goal.

Still want to go after them?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2017, 10:09:48 am »

((If Vladen still wants to check the floating creatures, then I follow him. Gak follows the bigger group aka us, so I guess everyone wants to check the creatures except for the gorilla.
It's not like we have a time limit, right?))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2017, 10:52:31 am »

soooooooo.

The floating things are "waaaaaaaaay BACK there .... back from whence you came. You know .... OUTSIDE. The opposite direction from your goal.

((Nope)
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2017, 11:44:32 am »

Alright, look at the bottom after reading your turns for what's going on and where you are.

Move forwards to see what the floating things are.
((The flying mode would have helped so much on the first misson))
soooooooo.

((Nope)
At first you're all like "I should fly over there and see what those creatures are" but then you're like "damn, that was a long flight, I don't want to go back" So you turn forward. And then you look back one last time, just in time to see a massive chunk of the remaining wall strip away and fall, in what looks from this distance like slow motion. Dust swirls, bits fall, and floaty things kinda drift away, also in slow motion. As the wall strips away, more of the twilight floods in, making more of the world visible, though not exactly bright.
"holy shit, you guys, are you seeing that?"

follow the indicator...and keep a lookout for any hostiles...and an eye on Freddy, just in case he tries to do something potentially extremely dangerous
(2) and here I was, going to roll for hostiles anyway. Sure enough, what at first looked like a dusty cloud up ahead is something else instead. Whatever it is, it's moving toward you.. The light from behind reveals that it's more like a giant flock of something than a cloud. It's above, and to the left (aka the dark side of the planet). So far, Freddie isn't doing anything dangerous, but you are starting to hope he does do something dangerous, looking at that cloud. "I hope it isn't ants. Ants eat, like, everything." You mutter.

Follow Vladen and examine the floating creatures. Enjoy the Jester's (Gak) puns.
"Heir, have you seen these flying creatures before? Or the tentacle monster?"
Well, Vladen wants to go forward, so you follow forward. Huh, and you were the one wanting to teleport in as far as you could before. *shrug* the heart wants what it wants, I guess.

Cruising along! Stay chill. Make puns if the opportunity arises.
Seeing half the outside of the planet peel away inspires you. "Lighten up guys. Let's knock down the walls you've built up around your hearts. With daggers. Let me stab you. Let me stab you all!" You sit back and cackle at your own genius.

Follow the others around.  How am I feeling?  Does the big pillar in the distance look interesting?  How far away is it, really?
The Giant Pillar That Is A World looks appealing. you are starting to see features on it. Some shadows, some ridges, a few rocks orbiting it slowly, in a counter clockwise fashion. The bridges that reach out to the Pillar look ringed by giant holes, and you see some activity around at least the closets couple of them. You bet you could make it there in [two turns] if you flew strait on and ignored the swarm of NightGulls up and to your left. And, you know, the swarm didn't eat you before you arrived.
You feel thirsty. You feel energized by the flight. You've only flown this far and this free in dreams before. And now you possibly have something to chase and eat!

The Pillar is definitely covering your forward view now. You'll arrive in a turn or two, if you don't die. You can see floating islands orbiting it, and activity around the bridges to the pillar. A major chunk of the outside wall of the planetoid just stripped away, falling mostly outward, but inward as well. Curiously, once the top part stripped down to where the concourses end, the wall continued to crack and peel, but the debris fell upward instead. This all happened in what looked like slow motion.

You are currently being approached by a cloud of things. It's definitely alive, and there are definitely a lot of the things. they are above and to the left, nearer to the Pillar than you are. They remain in the shaded part of the planet so far. Yes, they look like a risk. A problem to be solved. A threat to life and limb. And also to cargo.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2017, 11:52:18 am »

keep an eye on that flock. Warn the others to keep their guard up too

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2017, 12:02:21 pm »

((Can I fight while still inside the vehicle or we have to land to fight safely?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2017, 12:08:52 pm »

((Can I fight while still inside the vehicle or we have to land to fight safely?))
Preferred fighting environments:
Kongor: on the ground, slamming his opponents against every solid surface nearby
Freddie: in the air, eating what he can and lighting the rest on fire
Rex: underwater, preferably with underlings doing most of the work
Vladen: with anything that gets between him and THE OBJECTIVE
Gak: yes
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:27:41 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 45